llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Etiquette and Replying to Comments  (Read 852 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Monument

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Etiquette and Replying to Comments
« on: July 07, 2005, 05:35:09 PM »
I don't really want to step on toes, but I was wondering what the etiquette concerning responding to comments about ideas was, from the front page.

I have submitted a few ideas, and they have gotten comments, and I was wondering what the "proper" "accepted" method of addressing those comments was.  It didn't appear to be proper that an original author make his own comments, for example, from what I've seen, anyways.

Just curious.
Monument

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Etiquette and Replying to Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 05:53:18 PM »
Well, I really like this article by Monte Cook: http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?arch_lineos62 . He basically says an author should resist the temptation to comment on criticism or thank people for good feedback. It is, by his standards, bad form.

On the other hand, you should let us now if you have improved something or if you wish more detailed information on why X said so and so.

Then again this is not a professional site, so lack of professionalism is generally tolerated. You should avoid getting emotional and angry though, as that is generally frowned upon.

Do it the nice way: Learn from comments you receive, try again and never give up. Thinking out of the box is a nice trick for getting good feedback.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!