llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Faithless Future  (Read 2854 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Faithless Future
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:13:06 PM »
You reached for the secret too soon, you tried for the moon, shine on you crazy diamond- Pink Floyd

It all began when five friends made a mutual pact to have their 'End-Dates' determined. After several years, they finally managed to save enough credits to cover the cost of five procedures, and soon found themselves sitting in a dead-white waiting room, deep inside the bowels of the Pulsar Pavilion, awaiting the scientists who would come and tell them when they were going to 'dust'...to die.

Voight, the youngest of the five went back on his vow. He could not bare to know, and seconds before the moment of truth, bolted from the room and the Pavilion, only to slip and crack his skull on the marble steps.

This is a story of how the other four fared, whilst carrying their fates like a burden.

Laws were unforgiving and death was final.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 12:36:57 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
god is dead, so spake some ancient thinker.

Ralphie's last day was determined to be three days hence. His friends feted him and swore they would remember his soul. Mark's End-Date was the longest away. He would live a century from the day he was given the news. Gasser was a bad liar, he had not long, and Joel, he was not given a date. Joel was told to report to the Subdivision of Constituents anon. His report was then sent to The Catalyst.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:44:03 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin