llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 1335 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Sorloc

• Apprentice
    • http://www.RPGRM.net/forums
    • Awards
Hello there
« on: June 25, 2005, 11:44:36 AM »
My path here is easy to chart -
I followed a link in MoonHunter's post in RPGHost.
I was very impressed with all the Boo! material (I read the other thread also).
I spend most of my time at www.RPGRM.net/forums which is primarily a pbp roleplaying site.

A bit about me:
I have been gaming since 1982. I started with Boot Hill (TSR) and Wild West (FGU), then Spacemaster (ICE), Chivalry & Sorcery (FGU), Bushido (FGU), Twilight 2000, and James Bond.
I started GMing with Wild West, Runequest and Stormbringer, but it wasn't until I found a pile of cardboard sheets with attack tables, critical charts, and tons of spells that I found one of the two best games ever, Rolemaster.
It wasn't until 1994 that I finally played D&D, and perhaps that is the problem. It's like I was brought up on anime and manga and then someone forced me to watch old OLD (pre WWII) Looney Tunes and said, "isn't this the greatest?"
Well, in a word, no.
It's my fault, really, I was spoiled.
After more than two decades of gaming, my favorites are Rolemaster (2nd+3rd), Runequest (3rd), Spacemaster, DC Heroes, Champions, Ars Magica, Mage, and, with the right people, Werewolf.
I have also played Villians & Vigilantes, Marvel Stupor Heroes, Space Opera was pretty cool, but that's all I remember of it, Wooden Ships & Iron Men were theirs too. I made a character for Flashing Blades but never played it. I also played Twilight 2000, Recon, Paranoia, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Jorune, Cyberpunk, Gurps, Star Frontiers, Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes , Tunnels & Trolls, ...
Can't think of any others -- Oh! Traveller, Torg, ummm...
Sometimes just trying new systems is fun.
Are you ready to Game?
http://www.RPGRM.net/forums

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »
Hey there!

Glad to see more experienced gamers coming in- the glut of beginners and people who've never roleplayed was starting to irritate.

I'm Captain Penguin. You can call me CP, Cap, Cappers, Cappy, Penguin, Pen, Pen-Pen, Captain, or whatever. I'm one of our too-many admins (I'm the most useless admin, by the way) and I'm also grammar-master, postnazi, D&D-destroyer, and several other, quite pointless roles. Any questions I can answer for you?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 04:55:03 PM »
Sorloc the Warlock, nice to meetch ya.

I don't see Palladium in your list 'o games, hope that was an oversight. ;) Since we are non-game specific we should fit rather well into your repertoire.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 06:02:35 PM »
Greetings Sorloc.

Jaded gamers are always welcome.
Hope you find your way around here, be sure to make yourself
at home.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Sorloc

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 11:41:33 PM »
Hello, hello, hello!

I will choose D&D-destroyer, that would be my favorite.
(imagine a big huge aminated fire consuming the d20 logo, turning iot to char that blows away on the winds of gaming freedom)

Ah, Palladium... I own it... yep.  Even opened it a couple of times...  It's on the shelf right between Pendragon and Chivalry & Sorcery, two other games that I've opened a time or two... Never played it, though.  

Jaded gamer?  Well I guess so.  I wouldn't have thought so, but the more people that I game with, the truer that seems to become.  It probably comes from watching Gaming stores either close, or stop selling all but two crappy systems and card games.
Are you ready to Game?

Offline Styke_Mondshein_347

• Journeyman
    • My Multiply Site.. :)
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 05:38:57 AM »
Hello and welcome Sorloc!

I must admit, I'm not really hooked in games like that. But nevertheless, you deserve everyone's welcome.

Have a nice stay at this site!
It's good to know what's happening around you, but it's better to know the inside stories that go with it.. The inside stories that matter to us and which change us.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 02:01:47 PM »
Ehm...
"Styke"... Hate to break it to you, but on this site, nearly everyone but you is, as you put it, "hooked in games like that".

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 06:12:27 AM »
Sorry to break it you Cap'n but Rei's not really hooked. We need to study and Philippine schools are kinda strict about that. He wanted me to be here because he's the only Filipino here. Sorry... :(
It's good to know what's happening around you, but it's better to know the inside stories that go with it.. The inside stories that matter to us and which change us.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 01:37:02 PM »
Why would you be sorry?
I'm only pointing out that people who don't roleplay are something of a minority here.

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 04:58:48 AM »
Oh...okay.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 06:32:02 AM »
Although one and a half month has gone by without you posting, Sorloc, I still bid you welcome. As an experienced gamer you will probably like the "Flesh it out", "Idea Scroll" and "Articles, Essays and Grouped Tips" forums.

Strolen's is a great place for learning and inspiration, though much of the wisdom is buried deep amidst the musty scrolls in the Citadel library or written on the walls of forgotten Citadel corridors. :)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Sorloc

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello there
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 09:01:28 AM »
I am truly sorry.  I wish that I had time to deeply delve into every cool site on the net - heck, even 1 in 10!  But I don't.  I'm running 3 games at rpgrm, and subtracting time for job and family, that about eats it up.  
I hate the fact that it looks like I come only to troll, but the truth is, I have little time remaining.  
Since yours is one of the few sites that has dealt in good faith, your banner still exists at our site, and people who DO have time are certainly crossing back and forth and contributing where they may.  At least, that is the hope and stated purpose of our link exchange - to create a larger roleplaying community.

Thanks for not forgetting me, though!  Feel free to stop by rpgrm and plug your games that are starting up, and what development teams need help - it may be that there's someone looking for something to do!
Are you ready to Game?