llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Optimal LotR Prequel Movie  (Read 2098 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
The Optimal LotR Prequel Movie
« on: June 25, 2005, 12:57:41 AM »
http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/num-intro.htm

This is as stated above the best candidate for a LotR prequel movie.
Be sure to move on to the link called "Ideas for a Westernesse Movie:Part One." This is indeed first class material. One can only wish that this "dream" is realized.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Optimal LotR Prequel Movie
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:36:19 AM »
To bad this fell off to the wayside. This was a good read and I am glad I found it.
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:44:25 AM »
What he said about the hobbit is rubbish. Jackson would doubtlessly fill in the fight between gandalf and sauron as it wouldn't be the first time he invented fight scenes. The movie was so untrue to the book so whats to stop Jackson putting action in the hobbit just like he did with the movie. The hobbit is also a brillient book.  :D
A necromancer is only evil in the eye of those who hate him and only hated by those who do not understand him.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »
But it is still a children's book.  It's happy and barely hints at the evil that lurks under the surface.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:59:07 AM »
Correction its told like a childrens story. It can easily become more serious if it is told differently. Besides Lord of the rings was a lot darker than film which comedy had to be added to for lack of any humor. The Hobbit is a lot nicer and has a happy ending unlike the LotR. Honestly even when Aragorn and Arwen hook up in the book Tolkien still makes it sound like a tragedy because it happened. The hobbit was more fun and in the end the battle of the five armies and the burning of that town I can't remember the name of can be made dark enough for the movie.
A necromancer is only evil in the eye of those who hate him and only hated by those who do not understand him.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 05:25:57 PM »
Touche.  And the happy endings are waht Hollywood's after isn' it.  Beyond that, when has Hollywood ever been sane?
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 11:06:06 AM »
They'll get a happy ending weather you like it or not (Scouring of the Shire being cut out etc). Is that your only argument. Come on the Hobbit is a good fantasy.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 01:07:08 PM »
You win, you win.  I give.  I can't win this arguement, except to say something along the lines of "Hollywood will probably do a sequel instead of a prequel.  They do a lot more sequels than prequels, or so it seems."

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 06:31:40 AM »
yeah well there isn't really any sequels out there i guess. The only way they could get a sequel is by making up one and that would be disasterous. Besides there are other options as well as the hobbit. The silmilaran would be one and thanks to tolkiens' extensive history there are many others.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 05:26:20 PM »
Bilbo's Adventure's in the West
Frodo Returns
Sam Saves the World

Just because the story says, 'and they lived happily ever after,' doesn't mean that Hollywood won't try to make a sequel to it...  For Proof:  Baeuty and the Beast 2, 102 Dalmatins, Lady and the Tramp 2...  Need I continue?

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 09:46:37 AM »
Your right of course but I was stating that it would be bad if they did do something like that not that they would not. Making a sequel to something that you did not create never turns out well. The best example I can find is Oceans' Twelve.

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 12:13:46 PM »
The hobbit is my favorite tolkien book (probably because it was the first one that i read) but I think they should just let the lord of the rings trilogy sit on it's current pedistal of most epic movie and not try and cheapen it by making more. Jurrasic Park was a cool movie but how terrible was the lost world and then the third one. *shudders* There is no sequel to The Star wars trilogy but they did make some terrible prequels, dosen't it make you just want to cry? Hollywood does try to extend movies past the end of their story and usually ends in failure, so I hope for the world's sake that they leave the trilogy alone.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 08:15:04 PM »
*Uses above examples*  Have they ever been smart, or even decent?

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 05:53:16 AM »
She has a good point but the star wars prequels were written by the the same person and they were fantastic. So it wasn't really down to hollywood trying to exploit the Star Wars movies because it's writter and director was making the Prequels.

But I have to admit the first time I saw the lord of the rings movies it was really hard to understand because I had never read the book and the there was no intro telling what happened in the hobbit. I felt like I had missed a movie or something. So I think the hobbit would complete the whole tale.