llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Night Games  (Read 23777 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« on: June 15, 2005, 03:07:21 AM »
Zeb pounded down the alleyway his breath coming in painful gasps that filled his lungs with the icy night air.  The footsteps of his three pursuers followed.  The noise spurred him onward.  He pounded on a closed door.  No response!  His adversaries closed the distance.  He saw the glint of steel at the mouth of the alley.  Zeb turned to run a slipped on an icy patch falling headlong.  A slim figure stepped out of the shadows of the alley in front of him.  "Who?"...
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Fenris

• Nomad
    • Awards
In the Alley...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:10:25 PM »
ooc: alright give me some time to read more postings.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 11:22:05 PM »
ooc:  Fenris I don't think you realize how this works.  Zeb is my character.  You can control one of the pursuers, the shadowy figure, or introduce a totally new character.  Not Zeb.  This is the edited version of this admonishment pick up your cell phone message for the unedited version :wink:   Now hurry up and edit your post so we can continue playing.  I obviously have my own plans for Zeb.  Think of me as the GM for a minute and intro a PC
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 10:23:23 AM »
OOC: Well actually, he would have to get permission from you before taking control of one of your pursuers or the shadowy figure. NPCs (non-playable-characters) are under the control of the person who created them until otherwise specified. It is considered very rude to take control of somebody elses NPC without permission. I might join later, but not yet.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 10:02:42 PM »
OOC: Thanks Nobody.  I had given him permission off line and via PM.  Thank you for helping me.  As you can see I'm a newb.  Looking forward to playing with you once it get's rolling.

The Ares Chronicles

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 01:27:51 AM »
"Natori..."
She looked down upon Zeb as he lay sprawled in the alley, a wicked smile marring a face possessed of unearthly beauty.  The thin cloak she wore did nothing to hide her curvaceous frame.  Fitted black leather looked as if it's purpose was cosmetic as opposed to function.  She bore no visible weapons.
     "You know I can help you."  She squatted down over Zeb's prone form, her voice a purr.
     Zeb's eyes flashed with anger and fear, not in equal parts.  "I'll not join you."  He reponded.  "You're no better than them!"
  Natori ran a silky hand along the stubble of Zeb's face, "A pity."  She looked at the three figures rushing forward.  "You know they won't let you live."  Her eyes roamed up and down Zeb's form like hungry fingers.  "That would be a terrible...waste."
   A crossbow bolt crashed into the wall beside her.  Followed by another one that was closer than the first leaving faint green glowing trails.  Magikal bolts almost as if the pursuers knew her true nature."
    Natori's eyes flicked upward toward the pursuers.  A bright glow, fleeting, lasting but a moment emanated from the center of them.  The pursuers froze.
     She looked back down at Zeb with fondness, "I'll only ask you twice more.  For now I'll let you play with them, or they with you.  I'll return.  Dream of me."
     Then she disappeared, straight up, with frightening speed.
     The three pursuers freed from her grasp surged forward.  Zeb sprang up, running a short distance and banging on a worn wooded door in the shadows of the alley
     "HELP ME!"

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 04:44:50 PM »
Kelly was enjoying a relaxing lie down on her sofa as a large thump on the door was heared, kelly was a tall slim girl with perfect complexion her long black hair curled at the bottom over her bum, she was wearing a pair of hot pants which were red and a top which was white, her hair covered half of her face as she did not like her eye's, for one of her eyes were red and the other a bright electric blue, on the wall of her house there were two sharp samuria swords which had been used in many fight's, she was a very strong and fast fighter and she was also expert at fighting with no weapons, she could also throw little fire balls from out of her hand's "oh for god sake" she said standing up and stomping to the door, she grabbed at the door handle and threw it open "what the....."
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 01:55:22 PM »
Zeb hurled his body through the threshold of the door with the desperation of a drowning man.  He was accompanied by a blast of cold air from outside.  He slammed the door shut as the rushing footsteps of his foes approached, pounding a staccato beat that echoed off the high walls of the narrow alley way.  Eyes wide with fear Zeb grabbed a heavy chest and pushed it in front of the door.   The deep crash on the other side of the door was immediate, and powerful enough to shake the door jamb.  He looked at Kelly, “Those who chase me can only be harmed by powerful Magiks or silver wielded by arms far stronger than mine.â€?  He glanced about desperately.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Is there another way out of here?â€?

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 03:51:22 PM »
"uhhh yeah" she stuttered, "look i'll show you, she began to run through the living room through a door into the kitchen, there was nothing to be seen untill kelly lifted up a large rug which covered the floor underneath this there was a small hatch big enough for a man to get into she hoisted it open and dropped down into and then waited for the man to catch up.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 12:50:03 AM »
Zeb landed lightly in the underground passage, his soft leather boots making no sound.  He looked at the girl with a grateful smile before reaching up and pulling the door closed.  He brushed unruly hair the color of straw away from green eyes so he could peer into the darkness of the passage.  He spied a long beam of wood and hoisted it with a grunt to set it across two brackets on the door.  This would serve to prevent it from opening from the top side.  Under normal circumstances.  In view of the adversaries he faced it would buy them a few minutes maybe more.  

“My name is Zeb.  I thank you for helping me.  You…you saved my life.  I am in your debt.  Those who chase me will not hesitate to destroy you and this is not your fight.  I cannot ask you to go with me for it would risk too much.  I seek a priest by the name of Lammark.  He has knowledge that can give me weapons to fight those that chase me.  But he’s a recluse and I don’t know if he’ll help me.â€?  A smashing sound came from the room above them as they crouched in the gloom.  The tread of heavy footfalls was followed by the sound of furniture being strewn about and smashed like kindling wood.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“We must go!â€?  Zeb hissed.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Where does this passage lead?â€?

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 07:23:10 AM »
kerry listened carefully "um the passage leads out into the forest just on the other side of the town. you said lammark?" she brushed her hair out of her face so she could look at him as she walked in front "well my uncle is called lammark but i havent seen him for quite a while, maybe if i go with you i can get him to give you what you need, he would defiantly listen to me if i came" she smiled slightly before turning round and walking faster down the long narrow passage.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 03:16:06 PM »
“Lammark is your uncle?â€? Zeb’s face split in a cautious smile.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“He is a powerful man.  But his ways seem strange to most I’ve spoke to.â€?  Zeb quickened his pace as the sound of rending wood came from the direction of the trap door.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“It’s easy to see why his niece would be so resourceful.  I won’t even ask about the trap door.  I just thank the gods for it.â€?  Zeb glanced apprehensively over his shoulder as the sound of breaking wood intensified accompanied by the sound of wooden chunks hitting the stone floor of the passage.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“It just dawned on me that I don’t even know your name.â€?

OCC:  Is it Kerry or Kelly?

Zeb grabbed K’s hand and ran down the passage, splashing through pools of stagnant water and navigating twists and winding turns with sureness of foot. K kept up without a problem or complaint.  The noise behind them had stopped but the aura of menace, the feeling that death stalked them down the passage was a tangible thing.  It pulled at the small hairs on the back of their necks and pulled at them like black tentacles leading to a lightless abyss.  Their breathing became labored and their hearts quickened, not merely from the exertion of the run through the darkness but from the fear that hit them like a sledgehammer, threatening to overwhelm them with panic.  As they ran onward they could see moonlight up ahead.

The end of the passage…

The sight spurred them on.  The duo ran effortlessly.  The fear was there but kept at bay, for now, by the sight of their destination albeit temporary.  Succor from the horror of the tunnel was near.

They emerged, skidding to a halt in a wooded clearing.  The trees were laden with snow and the moonlight bathed the area in a blue glow.  The clearing was full of shadows to contrast with the light of moon and snow.  It was from these shadows that the figures emerged.

Zeb’s heart caught in his throat.

They were a group about twenty strong, which seemed like a thousand under the present circumstances.  Ranging in size from small to very large.  Very large in this case being close to seven feet tall and small being a little smaller than Zeb which was to say, medium sized.  They were dressed in heavy cloaks that protected them from the cold and hid their features for the most part.  Some wore armor while others did not.  The common theme was weapons.  All twenty bristled with a deadly assortment of swords, axes, maces, daggers, and bows.  The bows were very frightening because they all were being held at ready.  However, the bows didn’t bother Zeb nearly as much as the arrows did.  Twenty such were pointed at K and him backed by tauntly pulled bowstrings, held by strong fingers (lightly held).

A small figure walked to the front of the group and pulled back his hood, revealing a bald head and a face with scars.  He smiled revealing a toothy smile capped with gold.  He looked to be a Halfling.  Zeb had heard of Halflings but this was the first one he had seen.

“Ah lass.â€?  The Halfling boomed with a deep voice that seemed odd for one so small.  He looked at K lecherously.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“I told you we’d meet again.â€?

Zeb looked at K, “What’s going on?�

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 01:52:23 AM »
OOC: sorry i made a mistake it is kelly i must of accidentally put rr instead of ll

Kelly smiled as zeb said these things and just before he whipped her away she said into the coldness of passage "kelly" just as they burst out the end of the passage, kelly thought better trying to let go off zeb's hand but not managing it, she was pulled in front of them, the halfling stepped forward and said in a booming voice "Ah lass. I told you we’d meet again� kelly looked more interested with the floor than she was the halfling "i didn't say we wouldn't meet again i just said it was improbable, that you would ever see me again, but obviously i was wrong" she smiled sweetly looking more evil than she had for a long time, "but if you refresh my memory of why you may be after me, then maybe i could help you with your problems" she smiled more widely, she was untouched by the various weapons which sat in front of her, she was used to looking death in the eye, and she wasn't going to die now.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 03:31:17 AM »
The Halfling stalked towards Kelly and Zeb his feet crunching the fresh layer of fallen snow, an evil grin twisting his features, “Don’t play me for the fool wench!  A fortnight ago we threw stones.  I put up more than a wee bit of gold and you put up…â€?  He looked her tightly clad form up and down.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“You cheated me…and tonight, I plan to collect in full.â€?  Your friend can go.  I’ve no interest in a boy that can barely grow a beard."  Zeb bristled, clenching his fists and leaning forward.  The ring of steel closed, the bow wielding bandits angling to get a better shot at Zeb should he prove to be a problem.  

“I don’t know how you got away but I told you we’d met again.â€?  The Halfling walked closer to Kelly, within arms length, grinning a gold capped smile. “I keep my promises.

Unseen by all in the clearing in the darkness of the passage opening something moved.  The fear Zeb felt before returned.

The Halfling reached toward Kelly with a calloused hand….

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 04:53:26 AM »
Kelly hopped back grabbed zeb and pulled him back as well, "me a cheat never" she said in a sarcastic voice " i won fair and square you just don't like losing" she stuck her tounge out and also looked at the tree's, some people stood there watching from the darkness, but she continued to speak "and you only what the boy to go so that he doesn't beat you, don't worry even if he can't i will," she smiled for the last time, as quickly as it had come the smile had gone, "i do not appreciate being called a cheat" she moved a step forward towards the halfling, completely forgetten the men behind him, looking up she looked between each of the characters which stood ready for battle if needs be, "and you need an army to come and do your job do you" she said nastily, by this point zeb may think she is provoking them but this is all part of her plan

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 03:57:20 PM »
Zeb looked askance at Kelly.  I hope she’s got something dramatic in mind because, maybe she hasn’t noticed, I have no weapons; nor can I dodge steel tipped arrows.
“I NEED NO ARMY!!â€?  The Halfling leapt up with a savage growl, fist reared back in preparation to strike Kelly with a blow that would have all the force of his body behind it…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 06:07:16 AM »
Kelly laughed savagly, as she raised her hand and grabbed the halfling throwing him to the floor, "if i have told once i have told you a thousand time's, don't try and fight me," she said this last bit in a whisper that only the halfling could hear "you will fail" she took a sharp dagger and with one swift movement, the halflings head rolled to one side, Kelly looked up at the army, blood now running down her face as it had spurted up, she pulled her sleeve up and wipped her face, she again looked amongst the army "your leader has gone and if you are smart i would leave, i may not be a excellent fighter but i have my ways of defense," she stepped forward and then drew a long sword out into the air with her finger, and there it appeared long golden sword lead there in the air shimmering, she grabbed the hilt and thrust it sharply done to the ground, it shook violently but then stopped small cracks now visible in floor.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 07:00:19 PM »
Three things happened simultaneously…

The twenty bowmen let their arrows fly as one, sending a deadly wall of piercing steel towards Kelly and Zeb…

Zeb hit Kelly hard taking her off her feet.  He landed on top of her as the salvo of arrows sliced through the air over their heads.  He looked into her eyes as he lay atop of her noticing them for the first time and feeling how close she was…

Three shadows emerged from the mouth of the passage their arrival heralded by the screeching wail of souls lost and a foul wind that possessed a charnel house reek.  They wore the tattered remnants of the cloaks they wore when they chased Zeb thru the alley.  They had reverted to their natural form though.   The time for pretense had passed with their quarry so close.  The seekers were about twice the size of a full grown man.  Their bodies were huge and misshapen a jumble of mis-proportion.  Wicked fangs dripped with foul ichor and malevolent green eyes glowed with malice and ill intent.  Thick heavily sinewed arms gripped fell weapons.  Each of the three held a different one.  One a scimitar etched with magikal runes, the second a long chain with links as think as a man’s arm, the third carried two long metal hooks.  They walked in shadow…

Many of the arrows struck the Seekers as they emerged from the tunnel.  If it affected them they showed no sign.  They exploded forward in swirling motion.  The one with the chain lashed out it streaked across the clearing, nearly too fast to see, wrapping around the waist of the largest bowman.  With a flick of the wrist the seeker pulled the large man into the air, arms and legs flailing.  The scimitar wielding Seeker leapt into the air and sliced horizontally with its weapon.  The man’s head and arms tumbled away in a welter of blood.  The third Seeker seized another bowman with the wicked hooks it bore, drawing the struggling man towards it, and sinking wickedly curved fangs into the side of his neck despite screams and struggle.  The Seeker pulled its head away revealing mangled gore and bone.  It bathed in the mist of blood and reveled in the screams of its victim before crunching into the side of his neck again drinking deeply of his blood.

The clearing erupted into chaos with half of the men fleeing, screaming as if all the devils in hell pursued them.  The others, braver and perhaps more foolish, drew steel and charged forward, battle cries on their lips.

Zeb, guts twisted with fear, rolled off of Kelly glancing at the sword stuck in the ground, “We should flee!â€?  He took a fat purse from the body of the Halfling.  No need for that to go to waste.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Come on.â€?

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 06:25:51 AM »
kelly jumped up but kept her body low so as the fighters could not see them and turned to zeb "where, where should we go now," kelly stared into zeb's eyes, she heard movement outside of there little ring and she chucked a dagger into the dark which returned to her straight away after finding what it was looking for, it came back with crimson red blood dripping of the blade, she looked to zeb for the answer before again throwing the dagger into the dark again, and again it returned.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »
Zeb’s mind raced amid the tumultuous din of the battle.
   ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Where should we go?â€?  Kelly asked with eyes of different hues which were both comforting yet disturbing to Zeb in a way he didn’t quite understand.  I’ll have to ask her about them when the time is right.
   Zeb crawled along the snow covered ground motioning for Kelly to follow, just as a lifeless body flew thru the air above their heads trailing blood, crashing into a nearby tree with wood splintering impact.  Zeb snatched up a short sword.  It was plain but functional with a leather-bound hilt and a sharp single edge.  Made of simple steel it was a strong blade but would do naught against the seekers.
   Zeb dared to get up and grasp Kelly’s hand running in a crouch to the treeline.  The couple crashed thru into the inviting embrace of the shadowy confines of the woods.  Barely discerned in the gloom Zeb could make out a person motioning towards him in the dark; motioning for him to follow.  A cap bearing a single feather was perched rakishly on a head of short cropped hair over eyes that twinkled with mischief and secrets.  A gold earring gleamed as the person turned and made his way deeper into the woods.
   ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Xander?â€?  Zeb said almost to himself.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“It’s okay,â€? he said to Kelly, “I know him.â€?
The three ran thru the woods with branches whipping at their faces and ripping at their clothes.  The sounds of battle receded but were quickly replaced by the sounds of the Seekers relentlessly pursuing them, making no efforts to mask the sound of their passage, favoring speed over stealth.  The three ran pell mell thru the woods on a downward sloping path as the three horrors pursued.  The trees above suddenly gave way to open sky and the path led to a larger road.  As the three ran to the snow covered road Zeb realized it was a frozen river covered with snow.  This realization came just as the ice beneath him gave way and he plunged in the frigid water.  He sank like a stone…

OCC:  Calista I've had PC problems that's why it took me a couple of days.  Please give Xander a day to post before you respond

The Ares Chronicles

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 12:19:16 AM »
“GATES!â€?  Xander looked at Kelly as a deep crack sounded under their feet as well.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Stay still.  It’s still a bit unfrozen.  A bit o’ nonesuch and we’ll both fall in.â€?  He shook his head and looked at the black swirling surface of the water where Zeb had taken his icy plunge.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Don’t followâ€? He squinted his eyes and jumped into the crack in the ice Zeb had disappeared thru with a frosty splash of water and was gone.

Before Kelly had time to be shocked the three Seekers appeared, bursting from the brush as if shot from a catapult leaping down the slope in distance eating bounds, eyes glowing with pure evil, weapons dancing with the crackle of eldritch energy.  They leapt skyward and they landed mere yards away from Kelly surrounding her.  They landed heavily accompanied by cracks and pops as the icy surface of the river gave way, not enough to plunge them thru but enough so that any sudden movements would send them into the icy water.  They seemed to want to avoid the water.

Xander swam downward, the bite of the cold instantly numbing his limbs.  He worked the flows seizing the magik with his mind.  He saw Zeb floating, face down, already unconscious, motionless floating in the icy grip of water’s deadly chill.  Xander knew he didn’t have long before the cold claimed him as well.  He had to fight down the urge to breathe as he worked his fingers in gestures arcane and ancient.  A silvery line appeared vertically in the water it was the height of a man.  Its glow illuminated Xander and Zeb, but failed to beat back the surrounding darkness.  As he moved his hands apart it widened, forming a portal of sorts, filled with brilliant light.  Water rushed toward the portal in an irresistible rush sucking the two men in as well.  With a sound akin to the screech rending metal, it closed.

Twenty feet above, the Seekers perched precariously atop floating wedges of ice, weapons forgotten, arms thrown wide for balance.  In their center Kelly stood, all was silent save the cracking of the ice as the four stood facing each other.

OOC:  If anyone reading this thread wants to take control of Xander drop me a PM and I’ll let you know his stats (not literally as we’re not using stats but…you know what I mean).

The Ares Chronicles

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 12:55:12 AM »
OOC: I just wanted to point out that the name "Night Games" is hilarious in a mildly suggestive way. Chuckle-inducing, to wit.
Tee-hee, "Night Games".
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 10:50:37 AM »
Kelly stood quite still looking at the three around her, trying with all there might to stay still, not to fall into the water, she laughed a small laugh then turned on the spot to look towards the hole where zeb and Xander had fallen, she wasn't scared of the cold, but he had said not to follow, and she could feel that something terrible was going on underneath the surface that she stood on, she looked to her feet but she could only see snow, Kelly was quite light so if she made a sudden movement the ice would stay as it was unlike the three around her who looked quite heavy, she bent down slowly and wiped away some of the snow so she could see underneath the thin ice, she stayed bent down she had too think of something to help the other two and get rid of the three around her, she thought quickly, she leapt gently forward to the front of her icy plate which tipped forward and made the water splash around her and the other's the ice plate which one of the demons stood on danced away a few foot then began to sink slowly but surely, she done this again and again until each plate was sinking inchs into the icy, freezing water.

Now for Xander and zeb she thought to herself she turned back to the hole and leapt gently onto the other patch of ice which hadn't broken, the demons where piratically splashing there anger trying to get away from the icy cold water, Kelly looked down into the hole, perched on the balls of her feet with her knees bent she threw her upper body forward into the water she looked around that blue eye working faster than the red, which she had closed, she spotted the whirlpool thing some feet away from the two, she threw the rest of her body into the water as she heard footsteps on the ice above idiot she thought as the ice creaked and cracked but did not fall in, Kelly looked back to the two zeb was unconscious and Xander was trying his best to swim away from the whirlpool, she made an acrobatic move under the water and pushed off of the ice to give her a faster start towards them, she shot through the water like a bullet the icy water whipping at her face, but she didn't care, she managed to reach Zeb grab hold of his upper arm and use the whirlpool to pull her towards Xander, "Xander, Xander, can you hear me" Kelly was trying to reach him through thought "if you can hear me grab hold of my arm and i will try my best to put my strength with yours and pull us up any longer down here and we will all be icepoles" she nodded and held out her hand

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 12:29:35 AM »
OOC: Calsista check your pm's

Xander was just about to enter the portal when he saw another form in the water.  KELLY!
Fool girl!
“Shades!â€? as he hit the portal he grabbed her hand and pulled hard with all his flagging strength.  If he didn’t get her body all the way thru she’d be cut in two and there would be no way of knowing if he had succeeded in pulling her thru until they got to the other side.

The world went black

About a mile away in the forest twenty feet above the ground a silver line appeared, vertically, in thin air.  There was a rushing sound followed by a watery explosion.  A  deluge of murky river water rushed from the open portal to the ground.  Amidst the water a trio of forms tumbled earthward, hitting the ground with bone jarring impact.  Two were unconscious.  The portal winked shut with a sound akin to grating metal.  Xander  groaned from the impact before scrambling to his feet.  He lifted Kelly’s unconscious form over his shoulder and half carried half dragged Zeb into the shelter of a grove of trees to the north.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The fire was small but enough to warm Kelly and Zeb as they regained consciousness.  Xander handed them hot stew in small wooden bowls.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“We meet again Zeb.  The two of you slept all day.  Pretty lass you’ve got.  A shame she’s got the sense of a tree stump.  Sorry ‘bout the hair.  B’glad t’wasn’t your head.â€?  Kelly’s hair had been shorn clean at the nape of her neck by the razor sharp edges of the portal as it had closed.  The both of you are more than meets the eye.  I’ve got secrets too.  But if we’re to travel together we should share.  So I’ve questions for you both.  Kelly, who are you and what’s with the eyes of blue and red?  Zeb, who are those creatures and why are they after you?  Gentleman that I am.  Ladies first…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 11:44:40 AM »
Kelly looked unhappy as she fiddled with the cut ends of her hair which had been made rather shorter than it was, "Well my name is kelly as Zeb would know, i am a Mage, i completed my training last year, my uncle is Lammark, my eye's? well my eye's are a gift from the god's, they are not always useful but when under water and not able to see i can see as clear as day, and the red one allows me to walk through fire as long as it is not magically made, but they sometimes limit my sight for a few hours maybe even days, they make me partially blind, and i can not see so well at night." she stopped for a pause to listen to what the others had to say for themselves.