llamaenterhear

Author Topic: You know your room is a DEATHTRAP if...  (Read 2238 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
You know your room is a DEATHTRAP if...
« on: June 14, 2005, 12:04:52 PM »
Hi. Here is a place for you to list all the reasons a room might be considered a DEATHTRAP! I got the idea because I frequently get attacked by my room and objects in it. Now I will kick off the list of reasons why a room is a DEATHTRAP with a few things from my room:

- If everytime you grab one of your Role-Playing books a large metal ammo can full of hot sauce packets falls off a shelf and knocks over things.
- If everytime you lean back against a wall a you hit your head on a sword and if falls down, usually hitting someone.
- You have to wait for a spinning blade to move out of the way before entering the room.
- You have had someone tell you that your room is a DEATHTRAP!
- You have been awakened by an object falling on you.
- You have recieved a wound just by sticking your hand under something or in something.
- A friend was searching in your closet and  swears something drooled on his hand.
- You have open pocket knives lying around.

Thats all I have for right now, feel free to add some of your own.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 01:10:16 PM »
-You know you office is a death trap when you significant other threatens to murder you if you don't clean it sometime soon.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 04:23:02 PM »
- If there are more knives in your bedroom/game room than in your kitchen, your room might be a deathtrap.

- If you've ever told friends, dont go in there, its not safe, your room might be a deathtrap.

- If friends start to sweat profusely, even when it is cool in the room, your room might be a deathtrap.

- If there are scratchmarks on the inside of the door, your room might be a deathtrap.

- If you really have skeletons in your closet, under your bed, and in the crawlspace, your room might be a deathtrap.

- If mice and vermin dont come within 50 feet of your house, your room might be a deathtrap.
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Anteaus

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:37:52 PM »
-If you ALWAYS step on just those boards, in just that order, and count just so many times while standing on that one, and can do all of that on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, your room might be a deathtrap.
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat." --John Lehman (1942 - ), Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Here's a few more...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »
- If you have a thumbtack for a doorknob, your room might be a deathtrap.
- If you recently cleaned your room and much to your surprise you have a carpet, your room might be a deathtrap.
- If you sleep with a nailgun under your pillow, your room might be a deathtrap.
- If you bought a pet goldfish and it died after a few minutes in your room, your room might be a deathtrap.
- If you have demonic summoning circles on your floor, your room might be a deathtrap.
- If imps frequently hide in your underwear drawer, your room might be a deathtrap.
- If your bedroom door is a large stone slab, your room might be a deathtrap.

Heh, this is fun. Please, post more.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 11:32:13 PM »
-If the floor under your bed is where you have to stow the corpses, your room might be a deathtrap.

-If Indiana Jones flees your home, chased by a giant boulder, your room might be a deathtrap.

-If that pendulum is swinging lower, your room might be a deathtrap.

-If you regularly sacrafice small animals to your armoire, your room might be a deathtrap.

-If there are coccoons hanging from the ceiling, your room might be a deathtrap.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 04:27:34 PM »
- If Kurt Russel wants to film a movie about escaping from your room, it might be a deathtrap.

- If Vin Diesel wants to film the next Chronicle of Riddick with your room as a set, it might be a deathtrap.

- If the Jehovah's Witnesses balk about coming into your room, it might be a deathtrap.

- If David Blane wants to sit in your room for 24 hours, it might be a deathtrap.

- If you dont need rings of protection when summoning a demon, your room might be a deathtrap.
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Wogden

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 01:46:02 AM »
This horse doesn't deserve to die. So I shall beat it some more. :wink:

-If you can't seem to get into it without sustaining injury, your room might be a deathtrap.

-If you can't seem to get out of it without sustaining injury, it might be a deathtrap.

-If your sleep is periodically disturbed by the changing of the guard, it might be a deathtrap.

-If you would rather eat whole sea urchins - on fire - than open your closet door, it might be a deathtrap.

-If you suddenly find yourself friendless and can't seem to remember why, it might be a deathtrap.

-If your cat yowls like a banshee and runs for the basement when you open your door, it might be a deathtrap.

-If making your bed requires you to solve a series of fiendish lever-pulling puzzles, it might be a deathtrap.

-If you wake up one morning strapped to a rack with a swinging pendulum steadily lowering above you, it just might be a deathtrap.

-But if it stinks to high heaven and is messy as all hell, chances are it's just an ordinary old bedroom. :wink:
There is very, very good reason why I believe Life to be a gummy bear, but the exact wording of it escapes me at present. It was something about sugar, anyway.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:09:45 PM »
Whooo, you're telling me that closets are supposed to have doors.  Wow, I wondered what those hinges there were for.
For the love of meat, shut up! No one wants to hear your emo character background! My hands are literally melting away, and I'm complaining less than you!
—K'seliss, Goblins

Offline Roack

• Mathom's chosen
  • Grand Master
  • ɹoʊ̯æk
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 01:11:19 AM »
- If you're a Gamer, your room might be a death trap.

- If your Familial member(s), friend(s), and Significant other(s) have called multiple exorcists, your room might be a deathtrap.

-If your (fellow) Players willgo to the depths of of Hell, but not your room, ity might be a death trap.

-If you HAVE eaten whole, flaming sea urchins in order to open your closet door, your room might be a death trap.

-If you're a member of Strolen's Citadel, your room might be a death trap.

-If you understand any of the jokes in this thread, your room might be a death trap.

- If you your pets can be found in any compendium of monsters, or is mentioned in revelations (or it's equivalent in other religions) your room might be a death trap.
"Yeah, I'm totally gonna finish this, soon."