llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1502 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Hammerhead

• Nomad
    • http://www.geocities.com/hammons55
    • Awards
« on: May 20, 2005, 09:36:59 AM »
I actually stumbled upon this forum while doing a search on name generators.  Unfortunately, or at least so far, I have never entered into the land of roleplaying.  After delving into the forum for a while, I thought this might be a good place to hang around.  The main reason I'm here is because I'm a fantasy writer.  I have written three books, but have yet to submit them for publishing.  I am about to begin my fourth book and this is the one I hope to submit.

Some great inspirations have come out of roleplaying.  You have to look no further than R.A. Salvatore (Dark Elf Trilogy).  Maybe a spark will ignite while I'm here. :D
Hammerhead

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Plot Guild Golden Creator Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 11:08:57 AM »
Welcome to the site hammerhead!

I've got a lot of my ideas posted about the place, many made because I was inspired but other's I'd seen here. I hope that sort of gestalt muse effect happens to you as well.

Enjoy the Citadel!
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 02:06:15 AM »
Yo.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 07:24:43 AM »
A fantasy writer that hasn't roleplayed. I guess it is plausible....but why???? In the name of the dancing hamsters....whyyyyyy?

All is not lost ;), perhaps some random ideas coming in and going out will help you through your writings. A creative diversion from what you are doing can be a welcome and rejuvinating break.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Dungeon Guild Golden Creator Locations Guild Questor Systems Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 12:28:34 PM »
A writer would be handy to have around here. You can be creative, work on elements of your world (or any random story element you want), and put up good posts. It will allow you to work on your craft, to create elements that woven together will create versimilitude for your fantasy world, without having to dedicate the full story to develop them.

It will be good to have you along.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Golden Creator Item Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 07:39:14 PM »
Hello there. Welcome to Strolen's.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”