llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Superheroes Ltd OCC  (Read 9515 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
The Hovercraft
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »
I think there have been some misconceptions about the nature of the 'hovertank'. It is a conventional hovercraft, floating on a cushion of air created by a series of impellers driven by a turbine engine, ala the Harrier jet. It 'flies' about 6 to 8 inches above the ground, but can move very fast across smooth surfaces, such as water, grassland and the like. These vehicles currently exist and are used by the military, some exceding 100 tons in wieght.

It certainly has a variety of weaponry, lethal and overwise on it. It can be assumed to have some sort of net-launching gun, stun grenades, smoke and tear gas launchers and the rest of the gear you could expect on a well stock police SWAT vehicle. It is also armored against small arms fire, and since few xeo-powers are specifically armor piercing, it is fairly effective against their powers as well.

Spotlights, at least 1 mounted machine gun, and possibly something along the lines of light infantry weapons are present. If pictures and diagrams are need, I can scan some junk out of my Battletech Technical Manuals, but I didnt think that was necessary.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Empowered Action
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 03:16:32 PM »
Arent these two words the heart of Superhero Gaming?

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 04:26:11 AM »
Ok,just made a post. Hope it goes well.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
re: Empowered Action
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 08:38:13 AM »
Empowered Action: Arent these two words the heart of Superhero Gaming?

Well sort of. Empowered Action, in the superhero sense is taking an action with powers. So you can normally only take an empowered action in a supers game, though a case can be made for magic use being empowered actions by this definition. (...though there is a genre change.) However, supers characters can and do perform normal actions and interpersonal actions, just like other characters in other games.  

I have seen way, way too many superhero games take regular actions (and lots of time doing soap opera), and little in the way of power use. It just depends on the campaign.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
My latest post edited per Moon/Ace's instructions...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Bueller?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2005, 11:27:18 AM »
Scras? Are you back yet?

Do we have a cut scene? Do we get info? Do we sit and twiddle our thumbs?

Help us O'masterful GM. We beseech you to further our plots and allow time to go forward.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2005, 05:59:26 PM »
I WILL EAT YOUR FACE IF YOU DON'T POST!

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2005, 07:40:43 AM »
Guys,I'm attending a convention at Sydney and might not be able to post regularly for the next five days. If Scras wants to take control of my PC so that the game can progress,tell him he is free to do so. Rest assured that I will try to post whenever possible.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2005, 11:58:57 PM »
Without our beloved GM to moderate for us, is this game dead in the water?

And what happened to our GM? Does anyone know?

Are we a cancelled series? Do we want to keep going with a new GM? Do we just want to scuttle? And what about our action figures?

These and many more questions to be asked, next Xeo-Time, Next Exo-channel!

Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock! Comics rock!
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2005, 03:04:35 PM »
Can I get a hands up on everyone who wishes to continue this game?

As for my absence, all I can say is that ultra-villian, RL-Man struck again and did a combination of limiting computer time and sapping my creative xeo-power. I had to go to a conference on the Watchtower, it was mostly a bunch of muck about how great Flash is, and then taking turns making fun of the Green Arrow and the Green Lantern. Power over all things except that which is yellow... ha!

The action figures are being molded now, the prototypes are being shipped to Singapore as we speak for mass production. There was a slight problem with Zero's head ending up on the Arazi body, but not much besides that.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2005, 10:31:10 PM »
I'm back!

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 07:59:28 AM »
That's one.

Any word from the good Captain, or Moon?

I know you two are out there, I can hear you breathing.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 08:43:32 AM »
My hand has been up so long, that I got tired holding it up. I've been on the site nearly every day. Annndddd.....

Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page! Turn the page!
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 12:04:15 PM »
I've just been waiting... Are we going to move on now?

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2005, 10:41:50 AM »
So where do we want to segway from here? CP do you want to follow up with your bit with Azai, or was Cranston and I privy to Perceptors revelation about the staff, or what are we doing next?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2005, 02:19:41 PM »
Possible Directions

So Nemesis is targeting the Cranston Concern, extrapolate where his next target might be and anticipate his arrival. There is a pattern of the time of day when old buckethead shows up, all of his sightings have been between 4PM and 6PM, and always on a thursday or friday.

Gathering information further, on the concern and its holdings, on the area specifically hit, who owns it specifically, etc etc etc.

Calculate a new battle plan for facing Nemesis

Does this help?

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2005, 10:07:59 AM »
Are we still playing this? The End of Summer Hiatus is now over. It is time to get back to gaming. So were do the players want to go from here?

Role Call for interest?

Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by. Good Games are hard to come by.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2005, 10:14:52 AM »
I'm still around if you plan on reviving this game,Scras.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2005, 07:36:46 AM »
If the Captain is interested...

Yeah, I'd like to pick this game back up. Sorry about the delay, but  I didn't get home until late last evening and after 23 hours on a Greyhound bus I didn't even think of checking my email.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2005, 06:19:23 PM »
Yeah, I'd keep going.