llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Superheroes Ltd OCC  (Read 14226 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« on: May 19, 2005, 05:11:13 PM »
Can we start now? or do you have directions for us?

Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know. Curious players want to know.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 09:05:10 PM »
Let the games begin.

As of this posting only Moon has submitted his character bio. The first post has been placed. This would be a good time for me other vict, er...players to do intros and such. I think that moon will be leading off.

Game on!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 09:46:52 PM »
What info should I PM you with?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 01:56:54 AM »
Intros as in what exactly our charries are doing in Van Buren City?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 09:03:44 AM »
Okay.. since the initial post is based around my history... I will post to this thread in an hour or so...

I will be a good poster - flat and everything - suitable for a dorm room wall.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 10:45:10 PM »
Okay, Moon submitted me a second quite nicely wrapped up character bio with some more detail on his secret identity and on his powers and weaknesses. He also elaborated on the spiffness of his characters disguise. It isnt necessary, as I have retained all info everyone else has sent.

As for Intros, what do you do in the VBC, how would your character found out about sinister villian of the month?

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 08:22:18 AM »
Would it be allright with you if mine was working for a tabloid that wants an exclusive on the super villain?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Introductions....
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 11:25:21 AM »
Has everyone introduced their character in the game. I would hate to post the "we search for bad guy" scene and somebody has not had a chance to introduce themselves into the setting.  

Am I the only well adjusted Xeo (well as well adjusted as an Xeo gets) in our bunch?  

Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun. Supers are fun.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 11:45:28 PM »
All characters have been introduced, it is time for everyone to meet in the bar and decide to go slay the dragon...erm...well sort of.

Seriously, I am going to bring everyone together now.

Enjoy.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 10:46:41 AM »
Folks... You might want to ammend your last couple of posts.

Ace (Trevor) has been seen in action for a while now (been active for a few months).  He appears to have low scale superman-esk powers- toughness, flight, strength, and maybe some kind of energy discharge, superspeed,  and super senses. Just thought you might want to know.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 06:14:46 PM »
Ah, yes. Right. Sorry, Moon! :)

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Important Directions!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 03:40:14 PM »
Since right now I am the only person who knows everyones powers, this puts you guys at a disadvantage with one another. I would like to request the next set of posts to be done responding to identical sets of challenges in the obstacle room. I will list the challenges, and it is up to your characters to overcome them whoever you see fit. All parts of the course are easily replaceable and doing so doesnt take long. This is where Ultraman excercised, and the other Xeos who 'work' for him practice themselves. Time to show off!

1. Automated Droids (3) - designed to survive xeo-damage, equivalent to non-xeo humans. Street thugs. Droids break apart under stress, so tend to have a crash test dummy aspect to them. Punch and kick.

2. Gymnastic display - cross a large opening similar to the gap between two buildings. There are ropes, and whatever other jumpy-swingy-spinny things you might need, should you need them.

3. Wall of Fire - A natural gas fed wall of flame a foot thick, and twelve feet high, very hot. Creativity might be required.

4. The Guardian (1) - another droid, this one the size of an automobile. Equivalent to a low level video game boss. Shouldnt be defeated to easily, but still breaks apart like the Automated droids. Punches with steel fist, and has a chain flail attack.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Maggot
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 11:22:03 AM »
You are up.  If CP is done, then post yourself.  I should be the last PC to go. I will probably go after Perceptor, if he is running the course.

I await your every post.

Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good. Posts are good.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 09:28:12 AM »
Ace's answer was my "no think" response to the problem. The answer has been seen in the comics from Psylocke and a few other mentalist types. It also the anime answer to the problem of crunchy mentalists. The reason it took him so long to respond was the "working up of his nerve". Back on topic, anime inspired a character in my Supers game.

One of the most powerful, most useful, and longest lasting character in my Champion campaign was Malstrom (I think she made 400 eps, at a rate of 2-4 a week, before being retired). She was a mentalist in a light battlesuit. A little laser, some targeting senses, slow flight, some enhanced strength, and some good resistant defenses were tacked on to an average mentalist (telepathy, empathy, Tk, mind control, mental illusions, mind scan, and some enhanced mental senses).  There was a lot more to her, but from a mechanics point of view she was really effective - a mentalist that could survive in a tactical situation. She was a low average combatant, and started as a low average mentalist. She was two characters in one... making the one quite above average in effectiveness.

Not that I am suggesting you do that here. The term very experimental is not something I would want to avoid.  You could very happily be in a padded kevlar laiden suit with some tools (flashlight, night goggles, etc). But hey, if the GM likes the idea, I think a mentalist in light powered armor is a good thing.

Having an ultra car or ultra van for all of you non flying people is not a bad idea.

Next we teach all of us some martial arts and a little in the way of citymoving (the running, jumping, hurdling, along walls, walkways, and such in an urban environment).

About the game, we can assume that all this decision making and manufacturing is occuring off camera. We can move on to the action.
(Or if you want to try the battle armor option, we can throw you out in the suit into the course....)

corrected for spelling error
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 11:00:20 AM »
Is there anything else to post, or do you (scras) want to set up a new scene for us to run with?

Do any of you have thoughts on any of this? Off camera and metagamingly?

**tap** **tap** Hello? Is this thing on? Bueller? Bueller?

Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright. Four color comics are bright.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 01:31:01 PM »
Weeeell...
As far as I know, there's really nothing my character could say at this point which wouldn't be simple irritation.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Coal Harbor
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 03:59:42 PM »
Nearly eighty years ago, VBC was one of the nations leading exporters of coal, as well as moving a signifigant portion of the coal produced and shipping within the US. The Coal Harbor region still ships coal to the various coal fired power plants along the US Eastern seaboard, and remains a vital if very very dirty part of the city. Pollution is a constant problem, smog acid rain and corrosive gases are all common among the coal refinery stacks, and holding bins.

Crime is heavy in the area, with VBC gangs holding their own against the local police, providing plenty of fist-fodder for up and coming supers. Ships here are loaded with coal take from freight rail lines, provinding lots of heavy iron to swing and smash.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 02:18:43 PM »
If I have gone too far forward, please feel free to either back post or to delete my post and I can repost it afterwards.

Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today. Forum diving is fun. Restart an old thread today.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
OH COME ON!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 08:06:34 AM »
It HAS BEEN THREE DAYS and you both have logged on the board. POST.

Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum. Going Postal has different context on a forum.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 05:24:57 PM »
Okay Scras... Hit me with it again. The same post you took down on Saturday. sigh.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Poking with a Sharp Stick
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 09:25:01 PM »
Captain Penguin, Maggot, are you guys still in this? The next step is a stern PM, and then, it's the old thumb across the throat.

C'mon, seriously guys.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 10:02:46 PM »
Well... I dunno'. I'm still a little confused as to what has just happened...
We're practicing, they talk about perceptor supers, and then...
We're flying to fight the buckethead?
Huh?

Oh well. Let me re-read, and I'll get posting.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 10:03:56 PM »
By the way...
Should I do like a dramatic flying leap out of the superjet...
Or should I be smart and jump onto the top of a building?
Or just stay on?
Or what?

'Cuz Buckethead is kinda' flying right now, and I'm not sure how to really fight him, since I can't fly.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 02:54:15 AM »
And,er,what should I do? I can't fly or create fire with my fists. All I can do is wait till either the Captain or Moon somehow bring BucketHead close enough for me to infiltrate his emotions.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Superheroes Ltd OCC
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 09:03:53 AM »
Let see. Ace was waiting for the Ultra-craft to move into range before he made his move, so Azai and Zero could unleash their abilities (or are both of your powers touch only?). It was not like they were hundreds of feet up... just something in the tens. There is also the weapons on the hover craft, or did you miss that part of the description?

I didn't know that Empath's ability had a range shorter than line of sight (and that was asked earlier... You need line of sight right?)

So open a window or pop the roof hatch or something.

So even if you didn't take an empowered action, there is always a quick... "Hero sits in the bumpy jump seat, wanting to act.... but can't because of XXXX... and maybe a bit of internal dialog (references to Starship Trooper... flashbacks to other times waiting for crap to happen... thinking about how scared he is...)  That way we know you are still involved in playing, even if your character isn't doing something.

Besides Zero might sit on his hands just to piss off the bossy kid who is upstaging him, but a scene to that effect rather than just nothing would be appreciated.

If you were lost, then why not post in here saying you were... and what the fck was happening?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©