llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Coldforged] Shadows of War  (Read 38010 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
[Coldforged] Shadows of War
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2005, 01:13:30 PM »
Schedule:
Sometime on thursday, CET -> Private message to all players will be sent. This Private Message includes entirely new tatto-caused abilities and general information about commandments, abilities and curses available at the time (You will learn more and more as the story progresses).

Sometime on saturday, CET -> The first chapter of the campaign is begun and the game is open for all the players, including Maggot and Chaosmark, provided they still are interested in the game. Maggot will play Solstara, the hapless pleasure girl.

Maggot and Alec Shadowkin:
General background information will be sent along with the thursday pm. You can pick and choose among what you get, but Maggot has to cope with some unchangable background.

Mike:
The body of Dietrich will be missing in action. It might reappear should Mike do so.

CaptainPenguin:
Domunsoka will be greatly changed by the agreement to the Covenant. More info will be forthcoming on saturday.

EchoMirage and Chaosmark:
Sharee will regain control of her body and Chaosmark will be introduced in the opening sequence.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2005, 07:48:31 PM »
I am indade still interested, and I've actually gotten most of what AG wished for me to do finished, thanks to alot of time today where I had nothing needing doing. I also found myself a net connection for the time being, so I might try and PM AG some of the stuff, I might not.

Just letting the world know I'm alive. G'day.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2005, 04:33:59 PM »
The private messages are being written and will be sent one by one through the night. This is the order in which I send them:

Alec_Shadowkin...Finished
CaptainPenguin...Finished
Chaosmark.........Finished
EchoMirage.........Finished
Maggot..............Finished

The alphabet rules :)

Edit: It got too late. Got to continue this tomorrow.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2005, 07:07:53 AM »
Okay, the missus gave me a day on my own to do some GM work and I think I will be able to send 2 pms AND post the start today. *AG rolls his sleeves up*

Coldforged information has gotten its own forum, which can be found here: http://www.rpgcitadel.com/guild/index.php?board=44.0
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2005, 01:58:58 PM »
Still working on them Private messages. The Allergies have me in their cold embrace, so I am a bit disabled. I am on it, bit I am having difficulties doing anything but sneeze.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2005, 06:50:51 PM »
Okay, I did not manage to post the beginning of the first chapter, but I have sent nearly all the private messages. Only Maggot remain and I am half done with his message, so it seems likely that tomorrow will be the day.

Additionally I talked to EchoMirage this evening and he told me that he thought the prologue was too much on track. I can certainly see what he meant, though I argued that you did have some choice. In retrospect I realize that those choices might not have been all that obvious to you and that the game thus ended up a bit too much on track, even for a prologue meant only as introduction and for setting the stage. In failing to provide you with enough information so you all could know how you could have acted otherwise, I did a poor GMs job. I apologize for that and I have taken the complaint to heart.

Now, as I have mentioned earlier, the first chapter will begin entirely free. The Chapter will be called Ûr-Keldon, after the city near the summit, though I do not, by any means, require your characters to go there.

Now your tattoos all have a Commandment attributed to them, so there are some things that you will have to suffer. But the game will never be on track like that again... It was meant as introduction and setting the stage (which is now indeed duly set). If anyone wishes to withdraw from the game as a consequence of this, I will not hold that against them.

As for your tattoos:
I have told some of you, and others not, that you may custom design your tattoos as long as the general guidelines are followed. You may let the tattoos look like anything between beatiful and complementing artworks in contrast to your skin, up to dirty rags sewn tight to your body. That is up to you and what your imagination can make out of it and what you wish for them to be. I also mass manufactured those description, so if you rephrase them and add your own eloquent speech to them, that is entirely fine and even encouraged. They only need to retain the general idea, the number of attributes (+curses and commandments and contingencies) and their name. Go make some tattoos that you are happy with.

Update: All the private messages have been sent.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
Hunthar Burletz
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2005, 01:55:49 PM »
For your reading pleasure.
-----------------
Name: Hunthar Burletz
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Description: Hunthar is built like the blacksmith he is. His arms are quite bigger than most men’s, due to his long hours in the forge hammering away at iron and steel, yet his heart and willpower are even bigger. His eyes have seen many things, some good, some bad, yet they take in both like the glaciers they resemble. Perhaps because of his association with and channeling of spirits, or perhaps of his genetics, Hunthars hair refuses to be tamed by even the harshest of methods, steadfastly staying unruly brown.

His preferred clothing is typically loose, though if he’s in the forge he’ll stick to either no shirt at all, or a tight set of clothes, to prevent the chance of an accidental fire or the ruining of comfortable clothes, all too much of a rarity for his liking. In his rare leisure time he likes to read and smoke his pipe, though much of his free time is spent in the forge which he loves.

His equipment is quite plain thanks to his time as a mercenary; his sword is sharp yet it looks deciently used (2 draw spells channeled with it, 3 left), and his studded leather is well worn, having seen many fights and battles. He also carries a pair of knives on him for when his sword is of no use.

The Hunter: The result of being bound within the Covenant, Hunthar was marked with a tattoo of the Hunter constellation. His chest is now "star-crossed" with the tattoo depicting a hunter aiming his arrow right at the person in front of Hunthar. What might these lines that connect the stars entail?

History: In the sinful city of Terben, a lowly boy from a poor family was apprenticed off to a decient blacksmith to learn the common trade. He was an apt learner, and slowly over the years of his apprenticeship he grew in both stature and skill with the hammer. Many times the Master would be asked to forge something, only to pass off (unknowingly to the customer) the request to his skillful apprentice. Such was his work that none ever noticed how the Master seemed to have an output more than that of other smithies his size. Amazingly, this young man who was so good with a hammer was also honest and kind to those he met, no matter who they were or where they met, and this trait was the exact reason he has come to where he is today.

He happened to be out delivering a sword to a customer for the Master when he bumped into an old man. Apologizing profusely, he ran onward with his task, telling the man that he would return shortly after his task was finished. To that end, the boy finished his task and went back along the route taken before, where he again met the old man. The pair stopped and talked for a while, the old man slowly coaxing the young man out of his shell of discomfort from running the elder one down in his haste. Eventually they parted ways, and the boy thought nothing of it. The old man however, began to set the wheels in motion for gaining himself an apprentice for his ancient art. He watched the boy for roughly a year until he reached his majority, then approached him after his apprenticeship was done and he had his own smithy.

The elder gave the lad an offer to learn an ancient art, thanks to his showing the aptitude and strength of will for it over a long period of observance. Obviously the young man accepted, and he was taught the spells of Draw Magic, though his training was at best incomplete due to later events. What the old man failed to mention to his new student was that not only did his student have the willpower and focus to become a Sword-Magi, but he fit the entire bill of being a proper user of the art, namely being honest, having good common sense, and having a good heart. Of course, these traits certainly didn't stop him from being reported to the Morals Office when his magic skills were discovered, but thanks to his honesty and general support from the common folk who lived nearby, he and an old friend who had come to visit were able to escape ahead of the mass of soldiers coming to take them away.

While on the run from the HexenJaegers, the man was unable to find any sort of work within his field of study, namely, being a blacksmith. Luckily for him, his friend offered him the option of joining his mercenary band and getting paid to put his special skills to good use. The man accepted, and his name was henceforth changed to what it is now, Hunthar Burletz.

By the power of Bayes!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2005, 05:02:59 PM »
*sigh*

Inspiration failed me and the words did not flow as I wanted them to. I must get up early tomorrow and thus I am unable to post the first chapter today.

You are not allowed to post before I have received all your customized, fully finished characters with complete background anyhow (the background was meant only for Alec and Maggot), so I anticipate there should be little trouble.

I am tired of breaking promises, so lets just say that it should be posted sometime real soon.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2005, 04:17:14 PM »
The game has begun!

The dream revealed your first ability, which is the first ability of the primary tattoo (the constellation tattoo).

This ability is:
Spiritual Bonding (You can perceive what those you have bonded with perceive)

You have thus far bonded with your personal Harbinger Bird and can thus view through its eyes. You can even communicate emphatically with your Harbinger Bird which is now your familiar so to speak.

Additionally you can bond with those you love, places you love and so on. Bonding takes a long time, so don't except to say "I love this place and bond with it".

You can perceive what those you are bonded with perceive through dreams and meditation.

You will also learn of an individual ability per private message
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »
Oh, one more thing:
This time the game will be concentrated on what YOU guys are doing, except when you use your Spiritual Bonding ability of course, and it will be completely free, except for the commandments, of which you have learnt nothing.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Solstara
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2005, 09:23:13 AM »
She was born a daughter of the Eastern tribes,the wandering nomads of the Eastern Desert,a mysterious people seen as primitive and cruel savages by the civilized world who had nothing but contempt and loathing for what they saw as the pagan and barbaric customs of the dessert people.  

Into such a society was born beautiful Solsatra,the lovely,lissome brown tressed daughter of the vagrant people of the sands. Blessed with such beauty,yet cursed by the ancient taboos of her people. Her fate was such that her lush beauty would be her very undoing,as it would be for all those who would welcome such a dazzling,exquisite creature into their hearts. She was ''Ushati''. It means cursed in the tongue of the Eastern tribes,or doomed. And such she was,born as she was with the tiny crescent shaped birth mark in the small of her back. It was the mark of a woman endowed with great physical perfection that would bring her misery and grief,as it would anyone else who allowed her to enter their lives,put on her by the Goddess so that all would recognize her for who she truly was. An unfortunate child indeed.  

I myself was there that day when she was bought before the wizened shaman of the tribe,still a minute bundle of flesh and squeals. But even then,it was clear to everyone that she would grow up to,so well formed was she,with her deep,soulful eyes and shimmering hair that brings to one's mind the stark mesmerizing beauty of the dessert sands.  

It is still fresh in my mind,even after all these years,the memory of the shaman with his garish assortment of painted bone amulets clanging discordantly as he his rough hands over her,checking every inch of her body for a defect of any kind. Just when it seemed that all was well with the child,he begun to shake his head,his brown eyes filled with sadness for the loss of such a lovely child.  It was all the sign that the crowd assembled around him,needed to see. The child would have no place in the tribe. The shaman with a simple movement of his head,had seen to that. In conveying his disappointment,he had told the people that she would bring the tribe ill luck if raised by them and would thus have to go as soon as possible. The incriminating birth mark he subsequently exposed to everyone gathered around was almost an afterthought,a unecessary verification for people who would never question any decison he made. The child would be sold off once she was old enough to live without her parents. I could not help but think at that moment,that the people had done a great wrong in discarding such a beautiful child over something as innocuous as a birth mark. Foolish yes,but such was her beauty that I felt it was a thing to be cherished and held dear,rather than be condemned to some harsh fate by a bunch of superstitious people.

So it was,that on her twelfth birthday she was sold to a merchant from a neighboring tribe, a man famous for selecting the most lovely children of the tribes to be his slaves. A truly shrewd man,he got Solstra off the hands of her only too relieved tribe for the paltry price of a camel and an amphorae of date wine. Yes,quite the sly miser he was.

He was also a filthy swine,uncouth and grossly ugly A hideously corpulent man,he would attempt to introduce his young slaves to the pleasures of the flesh before they were ready,ignoring their terrified screams as he thrust his filthy manhood deep into them. And this was the kind of villain to whom the reins of Solsatra's fate had been handed over. Sweet Solsatara in the hands of this greedy jackal of a man. An ugly thought that makes me shudder with loathing every time I think of it.

The first thing he did upon bringing her back to his encampment was to promptly get his filthy paws on her and attempt to rape lovely Solstara,true to form. And so he would have,had it not been for the desperate strength and determination her terrified revulsion of this monster lent her. Struggling and sobbing wildly,she gouged his left eye out,leaving the socket a bloody gaping hole. As he reeled backwards,clutching the gruesome mess and howling in abject agony like a jackal in dreadful pain,she dashed out of the camp right under the astonished noses of his guards who had been jolted into a frenzy of shocked anxiety by the pained screams emanating from the tent of their master. While they hastened to his aid,still lost as to what could have escaped their vigilant guard to harm him,she raced into the dusty,windswept embrace of the dessert,running to escape the horror she had just left behind,her legs never ceasing their frantic flight for freedom until they finally succumbed from exhaustion and collapsed beneath her. Left there to fend through the night for herself,she wouldn't have survived for an hour. The dessert is a dangerous place for one who strays away from the safety of the tribal encampment. Water is scarce and a person drained of all his strength by thirst and dehydration,soon finds himself easy prey for the ravenous jackals that wander the desert on an endless search for what meager nourishment they can scrounge from the wretched things that share their unyielding home. Fortunately for her,none other than the famed merchant Uber-Al-Jadin and his caravan himself happened to be passing through that very vicinity as she lay huddled in a frightened ball,cowed by the alien sounds of this uninhabited strech of the dessert and it's complete absence of humanity. From afar,one his guards espied her with his keen vision and scurried to alert his master that there was a lost traveller facing certain doom in the sands of the dessert. Slightly puzzled as to why anyone would have been so foolish as to cross the dessert without the safety of a caravan ordered a couple of his guards to fetch her. A couple of moments later,she was brought before the camel he straddled,afraid and fearful of what would befall her next. And Al Jadin was immediately aware of who she was and what her purpose in this Gods forsaken spot of dessert was:An escaped slave on the run from some no doubt callous master who had panicked her into feeling with his heavy handed brutality. A fool no doubt. It was crystal clear to his well practiced eyes that the girl would soon flower into a dazzling beauty,one worthy of gracing any lord's harem. Good for him that her erstwhile master had forced her into running with his impatient urges to take her before she was ready. And this it was that Solstara came to enter the service of the great merchant. This turning point in her life I witnessed too,from my secluded vantage point behind a couple of desolate rocks,far beyond the limited seeing gaze of Jadin's minions. It was in that moment,seeing her hauntingly beautiful visage tremble in fear of what was to come,that feelings strange and foreign to one of my kind were awakened,emotions that left me for the first time in my long existence,confused and alone. And the knowledge that I would in all likelihood,never see her again,wounded me more deeply than I could have ever imagined possible. It was with painful anguish that I watched silently as the caravan made it's slow ponderous way out of the dessert,taking her away from my gaze forever.

What happened to her following their departure from my dessert,I did not see for myself. But from what I was able to glean from others of my kind,I learnt that all manner of evil and debased injustices befell sweet Solstara. Depraved and bestial in the extreme,they still make me quiver with rage as I dwell upon those vicious ogres who defiled the sacred temple of her body. That these scum crawling from the sewers of humanity should do her such grievous harm,leaves me wrathful and eager to avenge the many wrongs done to her. But I get ahead of myself. Let me tell you,oh faithful listener,of how she came to meet that fiend in human form,Marcus-El-Keddeth,may he suffer eternal torment in the dark realms of the Daemons for all the evil he has inflicted upon the gentle soul who never did him any harm.

It was with the intention of Jalid that he sell his exquisite prize for a premium price to one of his associates based in the proud city of Hadron,a man supplying pleasure slaves to the harems of the most distinguished lords and princes of that city. A man by the name of Cyrus,he was more than happy to purchase away from the aged merchant for the lavish price of a hundred gold crescents. She was a much appreciated appreciated addition to ranks of the comely women that had given him a formidable reputation among the thriving slave merchants of that city. He was excellent at what he did,careful to see to it that no undue stress or pressure was placed on his girls to cajole them into being ready for their future destinies as bed slaves before they were ready. No,he was no dessert savage to force himself on them like a bull in rut. Instead,he assigned some of his own pleasure slaves to guide the newly arrived girls in the sensual art of pleasuring men. Under their gentle and patient guidance,Solastra like the others,learned to overcome her initial revulsion and take to her new role in life with eager acceptance.

It was in here that she met that monster in human shape,Marcus-El-Keddeth. Of course,he was not the famous and fantastically cruel conquerer of Keddeth back then,but simply Marcus,envoy of Silmar,and the most seductive lover there was. By all accounts,in those days,he was a poet,one famous for his gentle and romantic soul. A man of great compassion,he was known for never ill-treating or abusing his pleasure slaves or even those that did the menial work on his estates. No surprise then,that most said it was not an exaggeration to call him the fantasy of every woman in the city,from the lowliest scullery maid to the wife of the most powerful official.

He was also the good friend of the slave merchant Cyprus and would often pay the latter frequent visits during the days he was freed from his duties. They wile away hours,sipping the excellent red wine the city was famed for and having conversations about matters varying from politics to poetry. Occasionally,Marcus would also couple with one of Cyprus's pleasure slaves,a service for which the merchant would never charge him.for the very though of treating his dear friend like an ordinary client distressed him.

It so happened that on one of the days that Marcus chose to visit his friend,the aged merchant was away on some pressing matter of business. Before leaving,he had instructed Solsatar to welcome any visitors at the gates and do everything possible to make them feel at ease. And thus s it was that the first thing to greet Marcus upon arriving at the imposing iron gates of the manse of Cyprus,was the luscious Solstara in all her lush,unveiled beauty bearing a tray of refreshments. And in that moment,it was as if all the world has vanished from existence,so lost was he in her beauty. Never before had he seen a flower of such exquisite beauty,even in this city known for the lovely slave women that were it's chief exports. The poet in him must have screamed then,for an ode to Solstara's beauty for such was it,that only a man with a stone for a heart would have found himself unmoved by it .

She for her part,was entranced by the expression of adoring love in his face. It was nothing like the vile lust she had seen in the eyes of her first master or even the cool appraisal of Cyprus. No,here was a man whom she could hold in her arms and be glad of it. He would love her. And so he did. For a time.. But I get ahead of myself.  

This then,dear listener,was the beginning of their infatuation with each other. Marcus soon took to visiting Cyprus's house with the sole purpose of seeing her spending precious moments with her that ended all too quickly. And she for her part would delight in the florid poems of love and eternal devotion that he dedicated to her,experiencing for the first time in her life,true love and affection from a man. And as her fondness for him swelled,so too did the agony of waiting for his arrival. Such it it with those of mortal kind when the spirit of love assails them. It is a powerful,potent force that overshadows everything else by viture of it's sheer strength as I too have learnt for myself. But I digress.

Eventually,there came a moment when love burned so strongly in Marcus's heart that he finally lost all patience with the hurried visits he had to pay her. One day,when the fire of love was especially strong,he burst into Cyprus's mansion when the merchant was poring through his accounts and found himself demanding that the merchant sell Solstara to him. Taken aback by the ardour in his young friend,he complied quickly transferring Solstar to the ownership of Marcus for the princely sum of forty gold crescents.

They were happy together,with each new day being a miracle for Marcus. Simply seeing the unblemished visage of Solsatara resting against his shoulder as he awoke was enough to send him climbing to new heights of passion and zeal for the object of his love.

Those were happy times for Solstara. But they were not to last. There came a time when Marcus was called upon to serve as the envoy of Simar to the city of Keddeth. It was a journey he had to undertake and it was not one on which she could accompany him. The odd people of keddeth ad nothing but contempt for a man who insisted on dragging his concubine with hin wherever he went. And given the position he was about to occupy,it would not do to have him be a laughing stock in the eyes of the very people whose respect and trust he had to command. And so he left  a distraught Solstara behind,vowing to never forget her,regardless of how many leagues that lay between them. For she was his beloved and thus would always remain in his heart.

It was not a promise he would not keep. When he returned form his two year stint,it was as if he had died and been someone else,a stranger reared in the brutal customs of the barbarous and depraved people of Keddeth. And it soon became clear to Solsatara that this new Marcus was a perfect ogre,the very incarnation of her worst fears. Where had once cherished and loved her,he now treated her like a common whore,bidding her sleep with the lowliest mercanaries in his service,making it clear to her that she was to use all her charms to extract the most important secrets they harboured. And when those awful sessions were over,he would always be waiting at the doorway like some over grown vulture that fed on her misery,taking perverse pleasure in to wounding her feelings most grievously with his harsh insults and taunts,with ''whore'' and ''slut'' being among the most common of them.

But worst by far,was a certain pastime he had picked up in the company of Keddeth's sorcerers. It involved the summoning of incubi,dark beings of lust from the realm of spirits that my kind have always loathed as twisted daimons. Now incubi,you understand,are much like those of my own race in the sense that they too possess no true bodies. But that is where the similarities end. For unlike us,they seek to possess humans and through the senses of their captives,revel in the pleasures of the flesh,an experience barred to all creatures of the flesh. Any mortal who offers to facilitate this desperate urge of theirs,will be given the reward of being privy to some of the fell knowledge that they otherwise hold and guard zealously.  

And Marcus was hungry for their secrets. To this end,he summoned them to great orgies held in their honor,inviting those fell things to take possession of his pleasure slaves. And driven man by the monstrous things stirring in them,they would indulge in the most debased of acts. To these summoning sessions was Solstara compelled to attend against her will. There she was thrown to the incubi possesed pleasure slaves like a piece of meant to starving dogs. Repeatedly violated,she was only able to watch in helpless terror as Marcus's visage leered at her around the corner of her vision like some hideous gargoyle,promising her that sometime soon,she too would soon enjoy the pleasures of feeling the incubi's dark fetishes.

But even these fiendish sesions weren't sufficient to appease Marcus's growing appetite for the secrets of the incubi. Only in the fabled Great Temple of Nodar,a feared land that lay to the south of Silmar,would he get to speak with the most powerful of them with the aid of the demon worshipping priests that dwelled there. And this time Solstara would come along. She would make a nice gift for the incubi.

But for once,fortune was not on Solstara's side and his caravan was ambushed by the savage people of the hill rage that lay between Silmar and  Nodar. The ferocity of their attack sowed terror and panic among the ranks of Marcus's minions. Amdist all this confusion,Solstara chose to escape into the wilderness,choosing to brave the unknown dangers of wilderness,rather than suffer the awful fate Marcus had decreed for her. So I gleaned from others of my kind that witnessed these events.

But she need not fear anything now,for I am come. I will shelter and shield her from cruel race of mortals who have done her so much harm. I will be there to watch over her and save her from the dangerous denizens of the hills,even if it means leaving the desert where I have resided long since before men first begun to reckon time,greatly diminishing my powers in the process. For she is destined to be mine,sweet,beautiful Solstara..

Total stat points: 7.

Physique: 2 (Weak) (1 base + 1 point dedicated from the 7 point stat total)
Appearance and Divine Favour: 5 (Very Pretty ) (1 base + 4 point dedicated from the 7 point stat total)

Agility: 3 (Normal) (1 base + 2 point dedicated from the 7 point stat total)

(Physique=1)+(Appearance=4)+(Agility=2) => Total  7/7 points.
……………….
Total skill points

Melee (Best with Dagger): 3 (Normal) (1 base + 2 points dedicated from the 7 point skill total)

Ranged: 2 (Poor) (1 base + 1 points dedicated from the 7 point skill total)

Paired Athletics and Massage:6(Master)(1 base + 5 points freely given by GM)

Disguise / Make up: 5(Excellent)(1 base +  4 dedicated from the 7 point skill total)

((Melee=2) + (Ranged =1) + (Paired Athletics=Free) + (Disguise / Make Up=4) => Total 7/7 points
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2005, 09:39:57 AM »
A quick note on the tattoos:
Your tattoos hurt like hell and will do so for some weeks to come. Please keep that in mind. The nature of the magic ensures that you are not restricted in any way, but you will still hurt.

So do not fear any penalties.

One more thing: Those tattoos who have pain specified as a trait will hurt for ever and ever.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2005, 06:10:03 AM »
Okay I have gotten more requests to join the game. This is fine with me but I think the magician quota is used up now.

Quick Summary:
Warriors:
Dietrich........... Player Inactive
Domunsoka:.... Player Inactive
1/2 Hunthar........... Active

Magicians and Similar:
Sharee............ Active
Flare............... Active
1/2 Hunthar.....Active

Thieves and Other:
Solstra............ Active

The magic-user quota has thus been reached. Another magician and no front line fighters will be the death of you. I promise.

Additionally: Players joining now will NOT get tattoos. The tattoos have been given and must be flayed from the corpses of the characters to be useful for others.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2005, 05:47:10 PM »
The game is proceeding slowly at the moment. This is because we await Maggot's post (and his character). Once Maggot has posted, I will continue the game, regardless of possible newcomers and absent CaptainPenguins.

The show must go on!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2005, 08:41:10 PM »
Heh. Half of me is the only frontliner for the moment...aside from our thief...but those tend to not do upfront combat much. This could end up with me having to use my tattoo or Draw Spells just to keep the group alive.

That said, I think we should avoid any combat...Just to save Hunthar and Hans the stress. Quick, summon up an undead army!

By the power of Bayes!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2005, 12:11:17 AM »
I've been trapped by Real Life and jobs and such evil monsters.
See you in three days.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Roack

• That guy
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Roack
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2005, 03:47:03 AM »
Minutes ago, I was informed of my acceptence into Coldforged, my character is as follows. However, keep in mind He's not very open, and most of his background is with held, but it's there.

Roack (No known surname)

Roack stands slightly over six feet in height and holds a malnourished, neglected look about him. He could easily be described as a lady killer, when clean, though considering his hygenic habits mostly involve haparzadly splashing in water when he finds it and crudely cutting his hair (which would be a tawny brown if not caked with dirt blood and grass) he's one of the least atractive men in the company.
Roack keeps to himself, limiting his social interaction to staring at the people he finds interesting (Domunsoka in particular.) He works for a low percentage of the pay, and he supplies most of his equipment. Underneath the grey cloak he recently purchased for the mountain climb, Roack wears a Leather jerkin studded with brass rivets.
His weapon of choice, a rapier of high quality that he obsessively cleans, has brass inlaid into the blade, and an ornate and curving handle that appears alien against it's crude, half-finished scabbard, as well as the man himself.
Most enigmatic is the pendant he wears, a golden, immaculately groomed, pendant of the dreamers symbol, one he takes off while sleeping and protects viciously.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2005, 04:10:11 AM »
So what are we waiting for? Hunthar, Flare and Sharee has gotten a question while we wait for Solstara and Domunsoka to awaken. Roack will join at a later stage.

It is perfectly okay for you to ignore Hans, for you might be in a state of shock, like he is. In his shock he hasn't noticed that Sharee is wailing nor anything else, that might be your case too. He sees you and talks to you, but he really isn't, if you catch my drift.

This game is on the road now. Players are allowed some tarrying, but once they have begun, they have indeed begun. Let the posting commence.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2005, 05:11:44 AM »
There's quite a fair bit of reading I need to do first,AG. I'm still playing catch up here. But I promise I'll post something by the end of the day.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2005, 05:22:25 AM »
Great Maggot!

Folks, please notice that Maggot has fully posted his character, Solstara, on the previous page. http://www.strolen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=35235#35235
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2005, 11:30:51 AM »
Terribly sorry AG, was waiting for the Capn to get his stuff together, and then post...but alrighty. I'll toss something up sometime in the near future.

By the power of Bayes!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2005, 10:16:06 PM »
Do I post my remade character here?
He's quite a touch different now that he has bits of the Divine Thing in him (by the way, the terms "Divine Thing" and "Divine Beast" are awesome).
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2005, 03:27:52 AM »
Yes, I think your character description is so different that it does indeed fit here now. As a matter of fact, everyone may opt to post a "new appearance" update, should they wish to do so.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2005, 06:39:06 AM »
As you all can see from my last Coldforged post, I have fast forwarded the time some, to a point in time where calm has descended upon the mercenaries. This will enable us to keep a focus on game events and the game to progress.

Anybody who wished to further act out the great drama, may create a scene journal for that purpose.

~AG
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards