llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Treasure Hunt  (Read 5342 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« on: February 27, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »
[OOC] First off I'd like to say I'm new to this online thing, so any help from veteran players would be much appreciated. Now, I'm Looking for four characters to join on the hunt. Race doesnt matter, but I dont want any super powerful weapons. All I want is for you to PM me  a small description of your character, and we'll work out how we can meet up(for the adventure, not offline) in the game. I'll be able to post almost everyday, but in case I cant, wait for up to three days. The setting is in a land called Shod-Arc-Vas. The scene below takes place in Kandel, a desert state.  

The desert sky was almost pitch black, and the camp fire was burning out quickly during the battle.  
"Try to stay alive will you!" shouted Dante as he thrust his sword into an Orc, then spun around to slash the neck of another. Hyral was having some difficulty with two Orcs, one on each side of him. Tralen was dead, along with his brother Jonus. Dante wondered how long he would last in the melee, and if the treasure was worth the killing.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 11:50:48 AM »
Any deserts around. If there is I'll come in there.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 03:21:14 PM »
Yes, this setting is in a desert.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 04:47:25 AM »
The camel cohort made their was far from the scene of the battle. The mighty Haider had heard from his seers and druids that the Orb of  Gough was in this desert. Once he had that all of Shod-Arc-Vas would be his to rule over. But he must be quick so that no upstart from the Bai family qould get the before him.

He chivvied the camel with his rod and made a slight clicking noise with his tongue. The camel picked up the pace and began to slowly at up the distance with long loping steps. Soon Poze Rock loomed up far in the distance. The Haider called a halt. The camels had gone for a long time at a punishing pace and his scout was returning. The scout dropped down before the Haider, out of breath. "Haider...fighting...to the far west...children of Bai...Orcs..."

This was not good news. The Bai children were also on the hunt for the Orb of Gough. He must make haste. But the camels needed rest and a watering down from all their sweat. "Bah!" the Haider mumbled. He was miles ahead of those kids. He would win.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 08:59:03 PM »
Dante looked to the east in silence after the battle. "Hyral...." Dante said under his breath. His brothers were gone, and he was in dissaray. He cried, indeed this was the first time he had cried in years, but he did so silently. He was to proud to let his other senses know of his weakness. He thought of the day his brothers and he set out for this quest after they heard of the legend of the orb.

In the land of Shod-Arc-Vas,              
                           There is a stone maze that surrounds a castle,
                            The castle is protected by a great king,
                          And the king protects an orb of mystic power,
             The Orb of Gough has a power no one person may ever discover,
       And the legend of this orb will be lost until the unknown warrior surfaces,
                                           Thus is the legend...
 Dante wondered if he could make the trip without help, but forced himself to move. He knew he had little time before he reached his next destination, Poze Rock, one of the first landmarks to the treasure.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 03:43:34 AM »
Kivval glided smoothly along the cool dessert sand. He could feel the tremors of many people in the distance. They were dancing or fighting, he could not tell which. Whichever it was, it did not matter. He was hungry and he needed food.

Fighting will probably be better
he thought

He soon found out as he slid over the dune. Fighting it was. A small skirmish was taking place in the sand.

Kivval scanned the area for and stragglers or any others who might be away from the main fight. Sure enough, there was two orcs hiding behind a sand dune.

Kivval took his time going over to the cowards, making sure to avoid the battle at hand. As he approached, one of the two young orcs glanced at Kivval. The orc only had time to utter two words before their eyes were met.

"Serpent Demon"

Kivval caught the boys gaze and burrowed deep into his mind, as he had done to countless others. The orc, now fully under Kivval's control, quickly pulled a knife from his sheath and stabbed his friend before the other had even turned around.

A scream came from the other as he toppled over in the sand with a dagger plunged into his chest. His cry was cut short as he started choking on his own blood.

Follow me
Kivval's thoughts rang in the boy's mind.

Kivval headed east away from the battle, where he would eat his prey soon enough.

................................................. ................................................. .

Kivval came to a halt. He felt vibrations. They were close. At least two of them, or a single camel and rider, he could not tell which. Resting perhaps. That was why they had not been felt earlier.

The orcish boy slowly peeked around the hill. Kivval saw, through the boys eyes, two men and two camels. They looked like they might either be ready to move, or ready to rest.

These men were well accustomed to the tales of the serpent demon and might  not look Kivval directly in the eyes like most others. The orc had left his weapon back at the battle, and Kivval, having no arms, certainly had not weapons of his own.

Deciding to play it safe, he waited to see what they would do...
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 04:50:40 AM »
OOC: Nobody is in the house!! That doesn't really make sense, does it? :? Nobody is in the house...

IC: The camels were restless and would not drink. The Haider brought the bowl of water close to his camels muzzle, encouraging it to drink. It turned its head and groaned. What was wrong? the Haider wondered. Maybe this area was cursed and the camels could sense it. Maybe a supernatural being was close. In any case the Haider was also uneasy and decided to move on.

He hailed the scout who seemed to be standing rock still. He began to walk over to him and saw he was staring at Poze Rock. “Beautiful, ain’t it sah?� “My friend, a great man once said the beauty of Poze Rock reflects its danger. Let me be the one to tell you. He wasn’t lying.�

They mounted the camels and continued their journey. Both had the same thoughts on their minds as they went.

How long are we going to last out here?

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 09:34:28 AM »
Dante was bloody, and weak. He had not healed from the battle that had taken place two days ago. He saw many bodies, as he made his way towards Poze Rock. He drew his sword. Dante was weakened now but was still strong at heart. " I only hope that will be enough" he said out loud to himself. Then he gazed up at the beauty that was Poze Rock. He stood there a moment, and was trans fixed on what he saw. The Haider was coming towards him, with a scroll in hand. " The clue!" said Dante. He hid himself from view and waited.

[OOC] Can someone join me and help my character, please!

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 04:36:15 PM »
OOC:why don't you just scour the dead bodies for a potion of healing.

As for helping your character, all in due time.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 10:47:44 AM »
OOC: No-one post!! Let me! This is the perfect situation for me right now.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 09:37:52 PM »
Please, bro, seriously,post. Post now. This is too long a wait for me, and I am  getting REALLY frustrated, being this my first game and all, I want to post, please.
   Also, so no one gets confused, I meant all this in a pleading tone.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 07:45:52 AM »
OOC: NOSMAN TO THE RESCUE!!! Sorry Nobody if you had plans about rescuing Dante. :twisted: He's mine. :twisted: MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Don’t worry I wont kill Dante. Yet. Sorry it took so long. Got some problems in RL.  :oops:

IC: There he was. That Bai child. Instead of looking at the Haider he was looking at the only clue to retrieving the Orb of Gough. The Haider quickly stowed it in his voluminous travelling robes. I can finish him off now the Haider thought with glee; and why not? But he may prove useful in checking for traps once we arrive at Poze Rock. So the Haider hailed the boy. "Ho there!" The Haider then noticed the horrendous wounds covering the boys’ body. He dismounted in front of the boy and rummaged around in the packs at the back of his camel and removed his healers’ kit. He beckoned to his stout companion and requested his assistance. The guard undid the twin swords at the back and dismounted off his camel. As the Haider was applying salves to the wounds, he noticed the lack of conversation. “Where are your brethren? Did they not start this journey with you?� When he saw that the boy would not reply began to survey him a bit and noticed the tear tracks running down the boys face. He felt a wave of sympathy. “Whats your name boy?�

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 01:38:25 PM »
[OOC] Thanks for posting and the save! 8)  DANTE IS BACK BABY!!!

[IC] Dante didnt make eye contact with the Haider, or his companion, but he could not stop the tears running down his cheek. I'll play along Haider, you think I dont know you or the deeds you have commited, but I wil play. Dante could feel his strength slowly return. "The names Dante,  he said blantenly, without turning his head " I owe you a great deal."  "Who are you, and what was it I saw you put away into you robes?" he asked now with a forced smile "You dont seem like the type of tourist to get lost."

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 08:50:37 AM »
Is Nobody gonna post or can I? I've just been waiting for him/her (not too sure).

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
I dont care, as long as the thread continues, how about you Nobody?

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 09:52:45 AM »
OOC: You guys can always post. Granted, you should give a resonable time for others to post, but don't wait a week on my account. I had mid-terms, so i kinda had to be out for a while, but my character can track a mouse across the Jiran dessert if need be, so i can always catch up if i fall behind.

(the first half of this post will correspond to the time of Dragoon's third Post)

IC: That scroll. It was important. A clue to finding a greater power called the orb of gough. And Poze rock, yes that was the name of this place, was a key location.

What to do. It was an interesting dillema. He could not be seen, but then again, maybe he could. An idea came to him. But he might some time to pull it off. Unless...

But an orc? These were two humans, one of which had just been fighting orcs. But it had to be, or else he might know.

This had to be approached delicately.

................................................. ................................................. ......
(I make all these dots to symbolize the passage of time. The second half of this post will be in current time, responding to the most recent post)

The mercinary now rode over the hill coming into plain view of the Haider and the two others. He was a human of about about thirty-two, just past the prime of his youth, and nearly six feet high. He had a grizzled look about him. He wore a scimitar on his waist, and wore light metal armor, designed only to deflect blows. A round disk shield was on his back.

The most interesting thing about him was not his appearance, but his ride. He sat upon the back of a large snake, twenty feet long, and as large around as the torso of a pony with a light brown hide (resembling 20th century camoflage). It was a Giant King-Snake. They were relatively well known in these parts.

They were all constrictors. No large teeth, they would simply choke their prey to death. Some believed that they were baby Sand-Wurms. All speculation however. What was known, is that they could travel 3/4ths the speed of a horse at full run, and almost as fast as a Camel. Faster if the sand was especially soft. It was well known that you would travel with a horse, or with a party, unless you wanted to be food for a Giant King-Snake.

Still, they only had animal intelligence.

The Mercenary moved side to side as he approached the three, sliding along the dessert floor on the snake.

"Hello. May you have short days and long nights"

This was a common greeting in the dessert, where people slept during the day, and woke during the night to avoid dying of thirst under the scorching heat of the sun.

"My name is Alusaran, I am the last man left of my party after we encountered a Wurm. The dessert is no place to travel alone, and I think that you could use another person to travel with. I have many skills that I am sure could be of use to you."

He awaited a response. Snake riders were extremely uncommon, and he was not at all sure that he would be trusted.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 08:51:45 PM »
"Alusaren, nice to meet you I am Dante Bai, and like you I am the last of my party. I havent see a snake rider in some time, but do not worry, I'm sure we can be of some help.  If my brothers were still alive I would have no need for this snake, but as I'm now in the company of the Haider I'll need all the help I can get

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 02:05:39 AM »
OOC: If Nosredna replies, then I will continue. I am keeping watch on this post. He is. after all, the only person qualified to make significant changes in the story.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 04:36:06 PM »
a young girl was walking through the desert looking at a map carefully and then looking up "ahhhh poze rock how beutifull but wait who are they?" she walked slowly and carefully towards the four keeping a hand on the hilt of her sword "hey there" she shouted and then grasped her mouth as if she had just said a bad word, Megan walked forward again, megan was tall slim and had long blonde hair down to her bottom, she was rather chesty and quite pretty, but she was confident, she wore hot pant's which were black and a small top which was white.

OOC: megan has a sword and a few daggers she hasn't got any special powers but she is a very strong and fast fighter, she has taken on three men at the same time and came out with a few scars on her stomach, she isn't actually looking for the orb but has come to look at the beauty of poze rock but will be willing to join in the adventure.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 03:23:57 PM »
OOC: Thank you for posting! I really wanted someone to revive this post for me!

IC: Dante turned to see a young woman in the distance. It was hard to make out her face. Another visiter? He thought Why not? She may have her place. "Come! Don't be afraid, talk and rest!" As the new arrival drew closer he couldn't help but notice her beauty.

What, is this? I feel strange. Dante felt hot, not from the sun but from nervousness. Do I- like her? He instantly shook off the warm feeling. There are more important matters at hand, I cannot be distracted. Even as he thought this he knew it would be a journey by itself.

Offline Massacre

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 03:27:14 PM »
[OOC] Can I reply in Nosrenda's place? I'll take over his character. I read this thread and I like it. Please say yes!

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 04:56:22 PM »
She walked slowly over to the others and stood with both legs apart ready to pull her sword if needs be, she nodded her hello to the others and flicked her hair out of her face, she blinked lightly batting her eyelashes, and licking her lips, her throat was dry but she didn't dare move just in case, her irrestistable figure sweating in the heat of the sun, she blinked again and looked at poze rock, she then looked at her map again and folded it up and put it away into her pocket, she moved her hand up to her head and wiped her forehead, still keeping her hand over the hilt off her sword.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 09:02:18 AM »
[OOC] Massacre, I allow you to take Nosrendas place if he doesnt respond within three days. He's been gone to long and we shouldnt have to wait for him.
[IC] "I am Dante Bai, I welcome you. It is strange that all of us meet so soon" he said glancing at the Haider accusingly, as if he had pireced this all together "but I digress. May I ask your name?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 04:58:17 PM »
Megan took a few step's forward then she felt a bit safer she walked closer to the group "I am morgana, but call me megan" she said with as much friendliness she could muster, she pulled a bottle out of her rucksack and popped of the top and took a deep gulp of the liquid inside, she licked her lips again, and flicked her hair out of her face, "may I ask am i intruding on anything private here, it just seem's like your having some sort of meeting?"

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Treasure Hunt
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2005, 04:21:30 PM »
'Sall yours man. I havent got the time I used to have. Studys takin a fat chunk of my time and I barely have the time for short post like this. Go for it Mass! :D

Edit:-acre...