llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Here comes my first atampt at a post here  (Read 13864 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Here comes my first atampt at a post here
« on: April 19, 2005, 07:29:38 PM »
Oh man, let's see how this goes. This is my first post so please be patient, I'm not exactly sure how this works out so I guess its susposed to start like a story would so here goes:

"Now let's see if we keep heading this way I'm sure we'll be within civilization in little to no time. How's about a pint then mate, you look like you could use a drink?" Moses Duff took a chug out of the cantine and then tossed the cantine towards his exhausted companion. "I don't know why I let you make me believe you knew where you were going. What are the odds of us finding this guy, and even when we do find this guy how are we going to stop him? We're just a drunk and a faun." Corticus looked at the cantine and tossed it back to him. "I prefer water." He took a chug out of his own cantine and stood back up from the sand and they continued their venture. "Hey mate, chin up and look at the brighter side, at least we are here. Tain't that the advice you gave me self. I mean as long as we are both a couple of well trained brutes, might as well fight for what's right. I don't know about you but I don't care what it takes. I'll give my life trying to leave a mark on the world or die trying."
"Well thanks for that suicidal yet inspirational pep talk, but I think it's safe to say now that we are officially lost." Corticus looked out onto the distant blanket of golden dust which stretched out ahead of them. "Let's keep heading this way maybe we'll find another lost soul, or a graveyard of dried out bones from lost carcases like us."
"That's the spirit mate. Who knows maybe we'll hit a pub out here." Moses continued to try and keep hopes alive even though he had no idea where he was now. The two left town only with the directions of heading east. They were told that someone in the next town would hold information on an underground conspiracy and eventual global take over.

Renewed with an ambition for life and Corticus awaiting a new challenge the two decided to join up and head out together. Corticus found Moses in a pub causing quite a riot. He was in the center of a bar fight and fighting everyone in his path. Corticus, not passing up a chance to fight jumped in and at that momment it was Moses and Corticus, a one on one battle in which Moses was ready to take it to his grave. About half way through the battle Corticus had Moses in a fatal grip in which he could end him when he heard Moses call out for him to end him. Corticus then realised this was what he wanted. He wanted to die. The faun did not want to be a drunks free death pass so he let him go and counciled him through what ever he was thinking. The two became good friends and now travel together. The two learned of a being ordering troops led by ruthless leaders to attack major villages. It was believed to be led by a powerful sorcerer who seeked global domination. The two knowing not what else to do, decided to throw there two cents in and look for this guy. Even though they have no plan at all or any idea where to start. They are fulled mainly on their ambitions.

"Crikey it sure is hot. Ey mate how's about a lift." Moses leaned on Corticus.
"If you think I'm carrying you anywhere, you've gotta better chance of finding an oasis out here."
End of the road... with nothing to do... and no hopes of things getting better... sounds like a saturday at my house :(

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 07:56:30 AM »
Tython was walking west-he had just came from a town were he was chased off by the townsfolk. "Huh?" he snapped out of his train of thought. He could feel the essence of two men. Actuallyhe thoughtA Faun and a man.

The Faun had a hard spirit, determined and strong. The other essence, however, had an aura of shame about him. Tython could see the pain he carried and recognized it. "Some one.." he said speaking softly now to himself "...has felt my pain- my emptyness." He picked up pace and was now eager to meet the adventurers.

[OOC]Loki, if your going to talk while out of character, like I am now, You need to put OOC in front of your sentance or some people may get confused. OOC stands for Out Of Character.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 08:11:57 AM »
OOC: You need to work on presentation some, and you need to learn how to separate paragraphs effectively. Also you should work on a descriptive language as well.

But so far I have seen much much much worse.

I will probably join a little later...

-Nobody
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 12:28:33 PM »
Corticus stopped for a second, he felt the presence of another about them. He looked around and could see no one.

"Moses I think we are being followed. Do you see anybody." Corticus grabbed Moses by the shoulder to bring him to a pause. "Yeah I'm sure we was followed all the way out here in the middle of no where. Let's keep at it mate, and if we find anyone maybe he can join us, we can be lost together, oh and if it's a shiela, I call first dibs, no offense mate, I'n just alot easier on the eyes."

Completely ignoring his comments, Corticus made out a shaped in he distance. He infact saw the follower coming towards them. Feeling alittle out of practice, Corticus felt ready for a new challenger. He however was unaware that it was Tython and that he meant them no harm.

Without any consideration of Moses he let him continue walking and talkng to himself focusing on the now approaching stranger.
End of the road... with nothing to do... and no hopes of things getting better... sounds like a saturday at my house :(

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »
Tython could now see the Faun, he would seem intimadating to the inexpeirienced warrior, but Tython sensed more caution in him then bloodlust.

He could see his eyes, they showed through his tough stance, he was excited.Huh, I'm going to like these travellers, I just hope they dont attack, I must be sure they dont see my true shape until the time is right- or another needless battle may come about.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 07:57:49 AM »
"You lost stranger." Corticus called out to the hooded stranger. Moses now stopped and turned to see who he was talking to. "Can I help you stranger."

"Crikey you wasn't lyin', we is being followed. Oy mate you lookin' for something out here. Because we haven't the slightest idea of our where abouts mate." Moses and Corticus started walking over to the stranger.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:04:49 AM »
"Good morrow, I am Tython, and I could give you directions if need be." Tython walked closer, but stopped in the shade of a massive tree. "You look well travelled, your faces show it. If you need assistance in where to go I may be able to accompany you. There are many dangers on the road, and I might be able to lend an extra hand."

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 08:10:09 AM »
"Well look at that mate. I told you everything would be fine. It looks like we are getting out of here after all. Care for a drink mate?" Moses offered his cantine to the stranger.
"Its alcohol." Corticus warned."What exactly are you doing out here in the middle of no where anyways. Not that I'm not happy to find someone who knows his way around, I don't like to be followed."

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 08:14:17 AM »
"Thanks, I have been thirsty for many days, I would like a drink, but later not now. I am just a wanderer, I've travelled the world, and help those I meet. You could call me a warrior bard if you need a class. I suspect you are going to Ordai, the city of the night. I may be able to assist you, but I must ask, who are you?"

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 08:24:27 AM »
" Just a couple of lost wanderers like ya self. I guess you could say we are warriors too. We are looking for this bloak whos been causing all kinds of hell for these villages, see, and we have plans of making him pay. Of course we may die in the process, but hey everyone's gonna die eventually, I look forward to dying everyday. Oh by the way, I'm Moses, and this rather intimidatingly built, horned and hooved companion of mines is Corticus. "
"You know us, not too mention too much of us Moses, who are you stranger." Corticus eyed Moses in displeasure at the fact that he told the stranger too much about them on a first encounter.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 08:28:51 AM »
Tython began to sweat, he didnt know how they would react to his actions. Tython took off his hood, showing his scaley beaked face. "I am Tython, I was cursed with the blood of a demon after I defeated the most powerful necromancer in Shod-Arc-Vas. Now I wander, helping those I encounter."

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 09:54:49 AM »
The two were alittle startled by first glance. Moses startled alittle more then the faun, he was the first to comment. "Well aren't you the sight for sore eyes." Corticus smacked him in the back of his head and then stated. "we would love for you to accompany us for we will need all the help we can get."
"Crikey, I gotta find a better crowd to start traveling with. Why can't I ever encounter a beautiful sheila on my ventures. Well c'mon then which way is it." Corticus just eyed him and the three left on their venture. Corticus explained to Tython their mission and what they were really traveling for. Corticus could see a town in the far distant horizon. "We should be their shortly lets keep moving." By now Moses was trailing behind as his regular human body couldn't cope with the long breakless journey as the other two could.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 01:27:35 PM »
"This" Tython said dramaticly "is the city of the night-Ordai. Here we must look into the local pub, Hungry Jacks. There we will most likely find who we need, or some directions to who we must seek out. Moses, stop the drinking, it will kill you. What if a true demon was to decend upon us? How would you survive the encounter.?

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 01:34:58 PM »
"What makes you so sure I hope wish to survive the encounter, I have stared death in the face many times mate, and I'm currently getting tired of waitin'. So if a demon comes now, then I'm as ready as I'll ever be." With that he took a chug from his cantine and took a deep breathe. I don't know about you to mates but me, I'm ready to stop at this pub. Who knows, maybe one of you fine look blokes will get lucky. To the pub."
Corticus looked at tython "You know quite alot about this town, have you been here before?"

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
Tython gave Moses a stern look before answering "Yes, I've been here many times before. I aided the mayor in the fight against his former attendant. You see he had hired many mercenaries to take over Ordai. I happened to come in the middle of the war. This is one of my many safe havens, you see the people here know me as I am, not for my appearance. We should visit the mayor too, I am good friends with him."

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 07:47:49 AM »
"Meercenaries ay? Sounds like that'll be just perfect for a couple of brutes like ourselves." Corticus started to speak again. "So where does this mayor live, maybe he can guide us in the right direction." Moses then remembered,"But what of the pub. Should we not look there first?" They both looked at tython."So mate what should be our first stop? I rather much favor the pub, but corticus here thinks we should go talk to this mayor fella."

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 01:30:52 PM »
Tython answered faster then they expected. "First I will make an appointment with the mayor, he should be very busy at this time of year due to reelection, then we shall visit the pub and gather as much information as we can before meeting with the mayor. That includes current events as the Mayor loves to chat. By the way, his name is Eric Jeyes(Jays)." Tython then stopped at the gates leading to the village.

"Hoy, thats Lord Tython it is! How is you lord Tython!" said a passing villager-his face was beaming.

"Pretty good Jons, and dont call me Lord. Titles make my skin crawl."

"Do you remember where your house is Tython? We've kept it spotless for you while you were away." said Jons now shaking his hand.

"That wont be neccecary Jons, but thanks, you should meet us at the pub later tonight you'll have a blast." And with that Tython gave Corticus and Moses a small tour on the way to his house. "thats where the villagers cook for the annual Feast of Spirits. Oh and over there is were they have mock battles, it where the young boys play as well. And over here..." he said pointing to a big luxurious house " is my living quarters." He smiled as he witnessed their reaction.

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 10:09:01 AM »
"Crikey  we hit the jackpot with this chap mate! I wish I could have saved this town once or twice, get my own little three story pad with a fountain and a view." Moses was amazed by Tython's emaculate abode, and Corticus merely gazed out on to the field which led up to his estate's entrance. "You seem well off in this town, why do you wander? If I was in your position I would find a beautiful gold digger and settle down right here. Tell me, why do you wander Tthon?"

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 10:25:52 AM »
Tython was silent for a long time. The memories of his war long ago came back to him. Then he said "I wander in search of a cure, a means that I can only hope be out in the world. I cannot let the stubborn people of the world think I am Vothil, the one who cursed me with this isolation. I am in a prison, from which there is no escape. This prison has no walls, no fences, and no gaurds. This body that encases me-it is my eternal prison, a place I must escape. That, Corticus, is why I wander."

And with that, he opened the door to his guests.

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2005, 01:25:57 PM »
THe two entered in awe of its beauty, "Well, mate if there is a cure, I'm sure we'll find it, especially with all the tavelling we are going to be doing. I seriously doubt that we are going to even find this dark ruler. So if we can help someone out on ourt travels, I'll be happy. " Corticus then charmed in "We'd love to have you join us. It be nice to have someone else intelligent to talk with." "Oy mate!!" Moses then pushed Corticus who was now sharing a laugh with Tython. "So where is the mayor anyways."

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 08:05:02 AM »
"The Mayor is to the north, in a much bigger house then I. You two should go to the pub, its to the west. Corticus watch out for Moses, no fights, no insults, and no bragging. No one should know what we're doing except for the Mayor. Ask around, but dont make it too obvious." Tython now poured three glasses of water , and a few fancy foods. He put them down on the table motioning them to sit down before saying,

"Last time I was here and the villagers found out I was going on another adventure the literally kept me in my house. They wish no harm to befall me, or my companions. So have a good time and ask around while I arrange a meeting with the Mayor. We'll meet at Hungry Jack's have a few beers, and meet with the Mayor when he chooses. Sound good?"

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 08:12:19 AM »
"We'll try our best not to cause a scene."
"Yeah, Mate, we'll play nice with the other kids. Lets go you horny bugger, its been a while since I've had me a drink. " Moses started out the door.
"You just drunk out of your cantine, when we were talking." Corticus looked at Tython. "I know its odd how he can drink so much and still remain in his stamina and not collapse or pass out. is training truly is remarkable." Corticus then bid tython farewell and told him to meet him at the pub when he gather all he could about there venture and mission.

The two arrived at the pub, while on the way asking villagers what they knew, and entered the bar. They began questioning suspicious and mysterious looking characters in the bar.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 08:28:52 AM »
Tython made his way to City Hall. Along the way he met with many people from long ago. Then he saw Jon.

"Tython! Tython come quick!" Jon yelled at the top of his lungs. Jon was about 19 now, Tython taught him how to fight and  was his Idol. Jon was good with a sword as well, and was even a big help when he was only 6 when he set traps for the mercs. He was sweating now-swords drawn.

"Whats wrong?" Tython asked.

"A band of theives have taken cover in the Mayor's house, his wife and daughter are still in there!"

"Jon go to the pub and retreive my friends, I will be at the Mayors house with the town gaurds trying to stall for time."

"What are we going to do?" Jon asked.

"Something big Jon, real big."

Offline Loki_Swiftstrike

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 09:47:29 AM »
Corticus was the first to notice Jon as bursted in sweating and carrying his weapons. He didn't pay him much mind until he heard him call out "Moses!! Corticus!! Come quick!!" Without delay Corticus shot up from his seat and grabbed Moses by the sleeve, who was talking to a beautiful waitress. "Oy Mate, I'm busy!" Moses cried out as he was thrown on to Corticus's back. Jon filed them in on what was going on and they reached the Mayor's house ready to fight. "So this is the place?" Corticus asked Jon. "Well then let's make ourselves at home then mate..." Moses took a shot out of his cantine, and Corticus then dove straight at the door where to thieves stood and crashed right through knocking them both unconicience under the pile of wood. "Well looks like we are all having a party here. Let's get to it then." Moses jumped from Corticus's back and leaped into the air, and landed on the second floor. Corticus was already greeted by five thieves armed with daggers and swords. "Where's Tython? he's missing out on all this fun."

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 01:37:53 PM »
[OOC] Jon is now under my control, he is my character as much as Tython is unless a new player joins and wishes to control him. Oh and the house is four stories. There.

[IC] Tython called out to Jon from the window on the third story. The corpes of the 10 bandits lay behind him. They had no idea Tython would be able to jump into the open window by himself. He was able to kill the surprised victims before they made a sound, although he was stabbed in more then a couple of places. He was bleeding pretty badly but was in the process of mending them. Tython went down stairs to greet his friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon was running towards the house when he saw Tython, bloody but still alive. He was now on the first floor of the house. "Holy crap, looks like somebody had some fun!" he said when he saw the dead bodies of the thieves. Suddenly a black dressed figure rushed towards him. He took his left handed blade and cut his neck, and with the other he cut his throat. Jon smiled at his first kill. Now I can travel with Tython, and I will come back home a hero like him! He thought this to himself before following Moses and Corticus upstairs.