llamaenterhear

Author Topic: What DVDs/ Video are you watching  (Read 85943 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: What DVDs/ Video are you watching
« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2016, 12:59:19 AM »
Me: So what do you guys want to watch tonight?
8 yr old #1: SpongeBob
Me: We've seen every episode 30 times
8 yr old #2: Lake Placid II!
Me: No, I just heard it has a lot of cursing
8 yr old #3: Cursive? I'm learning that in school now!
Me: no, wise-guy, cursing. Next...
9 yr old: I really want to watch Lake Placid II
Me: Let me ask you fellas a question. Why Lake Placid II instead of Lake Placid? (!!!1!!)
9 yr old: We heard it was better.
Me: I'm sure it's not.
8 yr old #1: How can you be sure? You haven't seen it.
Me: Sigh. I'm starting to lean toward Spongebob.
8 yr old #3: What about Good Burger.
Me: (checking...) Ok, Good Burger! Let's do it!
8 yr old # 2: Haha Dad wants to watch Spongebob again!

This is my life.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:04:20 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »
The Hangover Games

A terrible hybridization of the Hangover and the Hunger Games, with a heady or obnoxious dose of Hollywood satire thrown in. Other teams include Middle Earth, Superheroes, Avatar, Gratuitous Nudity, Depps (Tonto, Jack Sparrow, and Willy Wonka) Django, and so forth. The violence is stupid, the bare breasts are surgically enhanced, and the plot is terrible.

Watched it twice
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2016, 08:33:04 AM »
The Hangover Games

A terrible hybridization of the Hangover and the Hunger Games, with a heady or obnoxious dose of Hollywood satire thrown in. Other teams include Middle Earth, Superheroes, Avatar, Gratuitous Nudity, Depps (Tonto, Jack Sparrow, and Willy Wonka) Django, and so forth. The violence is stupid, the bare breasts are surgically enhanced, and the plot is terrible.

Watched it twice
This MST3K fan will not rest till he sees this!!!!!!!
Thanz for the Tip???? (hopefully !!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2016, 07:46:42 PM »
Stupid aside from the Spongebob vs. Lake Placid debate (Lake Placid I was awesome....not sure about II) But for kids, one of my favorites is "Matilda" with Danny DeVito. I love that one!

That said, we have been watching Tattoo Masters lately. Wife even put in application for next season. Muro, we may have to come stay with you so we are closer to their studio.

"Legend" tv show with Sean Bean. Loving it...but I love that spy crap a ton and am very forgiving. But it is great.

"Spy" was funny as hell. Our favorite part was all the parts with Jason Statham but especially when he told the stories about his escapes. Son and I watched it a half dozen times. Sew on his ripped off arm part if it isn't obvious....might not be.

"Ridiculous Six" and the invention of Sticky McShnickens.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2016, 04:51:16 PM »
WARBOYS RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!!!

Finally watched Fury Road, and it is a @!#$ing incredible movie. I am ashamed I did not see it in theatres

also currently watching the reboot of Evangelion

1.11 You Are (Not) Alone

Pretty, trimmed down, and pretty much true to the source material. Runs from Shinji's introduction to fighting Ramiel, the octohedron angel. Brutal.

2.22 You Can (Not) Advance

What the actual @!#$ Shinji!!!!

3.44 You Can (Not) Redo

WTF Gainax!!!

" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2016, 04:57:32 PM »
FURY ROAD! Best movie I saw in 2015 (and again in 2016). And I saw a lot of them.

SHINY AND CHROME!!!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p