llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Soul Switching  (Read 2083 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Pengilly

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Soul Switching
« on: April 14, 2005, 10:18:33 PM »
(OOC) Okay, soI got this idea, but i'm not quite sure how to make it work, so that's why I came here. I hope it's not too confusing...

In times of great need, a person with a fairly deep understanding of magics can invoke a spell which will temporarily switch parts of his and his assailant's memories and feelings. This will temporarily confuse the assailant, allowing time for up to two hours to escape. The probelm is that if the victim does not have the proper control over the spell, all of his "spirit" could be translated into the other person, and vice versa.

(OOC) So, yeah, if anyone has any ideas to help work out the kinks, that would be great.
Bob Saget!

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Soul Switching
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 08:33:45 AM »
I think spells that transfer the spell casters soul into another person are very iffy. If that person is alive there should be a very difficult chance of succeeding, simply because the mind would try to force out the intrusion. If the object is not a live or a construct then I always agreed that it would be far easier as there would be no resistance.

However, there is always that chance that it will go awry and not work properly, send the casters soul somewhere random, or make the transfer perminent.

Simply switching parts of memory shouldn't be a problem with a high enough skilled spell caster as long as the target is not powerful as well. I say go for it and let the Gods sort them out.
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia