llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Rod of Lordly Might  (Read 45950 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
Please allow me to introduce myself...
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2005, 09:02:52 PM »
Suddenly the elves fell silent.  There was a loud thumping, crashing sound coming toward them from quite a distance away through the woods.  Tethon quickly stamped out the fire.  Both he and Alexia found cover behind trees and drew their weapons.

But before the crashing reached them, a small hooded figure in a robe jumped quickly but silently into the clearing, looking around wildly.  The elves could see somewhat in the dark and could tell he was only 3 or 4 feet high and stocky.  He cried out in a husky voice, "Who is there?  Are you hurt?!"  Strangely, he paid no attention to the crashing sound as it came closer.  

The two elves stepped out, warily.  "She was wounded!" said Tethon.  "I was tending her wound".  They were somewhat surprised at the small… man? … for he was not quite human.  He wore a thick brown robe with a high collar and had a staff that now emitted a sputtering light from the top.  By its light they could see his head and face were covered with a soft gray fur.  But his eyes were covered with a pair of thick spectacles held tightly in place with a leather strap.  He said, "I heard a scream.  I hope you are all right, all right!"  The light on the staff flared up brilliantly and illuminated the clearing in a steady manner.

Now, however, the crashing -- obviously heavy footsteps -- was near.  The elves were greatly surprised when a huge figure, easily 7 feet tall, burst into the clearing.  It was covered from its shoulders to ankles with chain mail, had a full helm on its head that obscured its face, and carried of all things, a colossal steel shovel with a long iron handle in place of a weapon.  If anything, the shovel was taller than the giant.  There were remnants of a suit of plate armor on its massive chest and shoulders as well, and a dirty tunic with a barely recognizable rampant lion displayed on the front, all held in place with a wide leather belt.  

If the shovel wasn't unusual enough, the feet would be.  Its muddy boots were huge, enormous; far out of proportion to the rest of this imposing figure.  Alexia could not suppress a ludicrous mental image of a large watermelon-half cut lengthwise at the end of each leg, flat side down.  The giant looked at the little gnomish man talking to the elves, lowered the shovel, and stood still.

Still, the most surprising thing of all may have been the words that next came out of the mouth of the gnomish creature.  "I am oolooGonio Klaatu and oolooGonia Endera.  This here, (he said as he gestured proudly toward the giant), is my son, oolooGonito Braandu.  Elves, is it, is it?  Who are you and why are you here in times like these, like these?"
"Stop thinking, and Dream."  /  Selene Nightwalker

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2005, 09:37:55 PM »
OOC:

Dream. We will talk in PMs. There are a few rules to consider before making a post. I have PM'ed you with the ones pertaining to this post.

My character would probably not have reacted quite as you have posted, but I have made such an affrontery once myself in this very post...so I will say no more if you will only take an exclaimation mark off of my line, but Alexia may yet complain so we will see.

Check your mailbox.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2005, 03:21:21 AM »
She sprinted through the forest full speed, her lungs and her legs felt like they were on fire from running so long. The trees wizzed past her as she dodged through them, jumping over rotten logs, slowing slightly in the thick underbrush. Her brow curly hair bounced around her head, and she was obviously packed light. her dark brown leathers, nearly black, were obviously not ment for protection from the elements. mostly just to cover herself. She had black tatoos circling each arm just above her biceps, clearly visible with her sleeveless ensamble. The only other things she carried, besides the many concealed daggers, were a leather pack strapped to her back, Two rapiers sheathed cross-way underneath it, a light blanket rolled up and tied up underneath the pack, and a small sidepack.

"d**nit!" she cursed as she ran though a smile spread accross her face. It's bad enough that I was caught in the middle of cleaning out a welthy home, but running into an army while being chased by city guards wasn't on my list of grand entrances

Her soft boots kept her feet well protected and her steps light, but she was scraped all over from tumbling down the hill near a waterfall. Her exposed legs and arms were beginning to bruise and her skin was turning red in little lines all over her exposed skin. She could no longer hear all the men behind her, she had lost them before taking a tumble down the hill, but she continued to run, there was no reason to stop.

Still running full tilt she glanced over her shoulder, some movement caught her eye. She turned her attention back to her path but it was too late, she tripped over a soft green log. Her body twisted under her as she curled, landing hard on her right shoulder and rolling up onto her feet, barely missing a step.
"S***!" she cursed clutching her shoulder as she ran, though her anger and pain passed quickly. Exhaused she decided to rest at a clearing she saw up ahead.

She burst out of the forest an immeadiatly collapsed face down into the ground letting out a big sigh between gasping breaths. She pushed herself up onto her elbows laughing, still grinning.
"What a rush!" she panted and then caught the sent of campfire and looked over to see a man jab a hot iron into a white-haired girl's arm. Her eyes widened at this obvious torture as the girl shrieked in pain.

she quickly tucked a piece of hair behind her pointed ear as she drew a rapier and sprinted up to the man from behind she held her sword towards his thoat at arm's length, though it made her shoulder pulse with pain. Very coldly and calmly, though still catching her breath she spoke.

"Alright you sick bastard, leave her alone."

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2005, 05:01:52 AM »
OOC: Andimia: Awesome!!!
OOC: Dream: Yes I’m throwing a fit… just try to watch the secondary character as a ‘toy’ to your expense.

IC: She didn’t want to look up until she noted a pair of oddly boots. The rod had burned as her arm fell limp to the side.

“Alright you sick bastard, leave her alone.�

The voice came from a female as she looked up trying to sheer the sun away. Only the outline was shown. At this point she didn’t mind smiling at the careless and idiotic sentence given to a high guard; but the pain was too much. On the other hand she had an idea of how Tethon would react: not to pleasant.
I wear that yellow ribbon.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2005, 11:29:23 AM »
OOC: I love dramatic irony!  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
I'll catch on! Really!
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2005, 05:07:57 PM »
OCC:   :oops:  To Alexia and Nobody:  Thanks and sorry.  I am obviously brand new to this and so feel free to let me know how to improve.  I'll post again later on.  In general, I'll try to post each evening.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2005, 05:28:37 PM »
OOC: It's alright!!! No fret that's what being NEW is all about; to learn. :) No hard feelings, honestly. Yes, I do have one fetish: I speed post like crazy so it's easily understood to become lost! :) I'll look forward to your character joining in.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »
Braandu stood still.  Klaatu stepped back just a bit  from this surprising scene and casually slipped one hand into his robe, trying not to appear threatening.

Two things were clear... first, if this newcomer wanted the male elf dead, she would have done more than just put the sword to his throat.  

Second, it was his move.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2005, 04:01:07 PM »
Tethon slowly let the sword fall from his hands that was already drawn and readied by the time he had turned around. The rod had been dropped before having even turned around.

"I really have to stop making camp-fires. Every time I make one, something bad happens. !@#$% I am beginning to sound like a sailor with all this supertition" Came a mutter from under his breath in the elven tounge. Of course, not many besides the elves could understand elven, however, more so than most around this area.

"Hello." came a pleasant sounding voice in common. "as you can clearly see, she had been wounded by an arrow, and I was cauterizing the wound. Unless you happen to have a potion of healing, either of you(?), then this really was the best we could do." he took a moment to look at the newest arivals and then continued. "By the way, where have you come from, you are bruised all over. I see you have two rapiers. I once considered myself skilled with a rapier myself, we shall have to duel sometime, however I am afraid that there is an army that may be sending reserves this way, and it really would be best that we leave now."

His words did not tremble, and it was clearly uncertain as to if he was afraid or not. If Tethon was afraid, then he was certainly being good about hiding it....

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2005, 04:19:16 PM »
OOC: Let me cover a few pre-emptory things here just in case somebody does not already know.

One: you never know when somebody will have a hidden power that you don't know about, so don't assume that you know the outcome of a situation. For example, while Andimia did not assume much, My character could have had the ability to sense her from far off, and she would have never found him unprepared with a sword at his throat.

Two: I would be grateful if we could try to keep posting speed at about one post per day. Sometimes I miss a day, and if I do, then you can feel free to post anyway, but when three peaople all post within three hours of eachother, and one person does not, then it is easy to lose that person.

Three: I assume that everybody is aware that making your character too powerful is not fun at all. Freeform roleplaying is not about winning, it is about the story. I do not expect anybody to do so, but just in case.

Four: If you are having a problem with another player or even if you need to ask them a question, PM them instead of posting it out here. That way its private, and everybody else doesn't have to be dragged down with non-relavent reading. However, it is best to put a message in the thread that you are PMing that person. It can be easy to forget to check your mailbox and a reminder is always useful.

Five: Make sure that it is relatively clear who you are talking about and who you are talking to. You will notice that my post started by naming myself. Even though Tethon was the only person I could have been talking about, it never hurts to take extra precautions. Other players won't always know who you mean, so feel free to use names as often as you want.

Last: have fun and enjoy yourself.

-Nobody

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2005, 04:57:39 PM »
She pushed away the hot rod, burning her hand but it wasn’t as much painful as the rod being shoved in her wound. She didn’t mind his cursing but wondered why he was mumbling when a woman sat clearly thinking he was harming her. She wanted to laugh aloud and call her daft; but it wasn’t the moment.

She sat upright against the tree feeling somewhat relieved from the rod but still felt the sheering pain. Sweat beaded down her face as her white hair seemed to stick to her skin from the sweat. She listened as much as she could before sleep was going to take over for healing purposes.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2005, 05:30:50 PM »
Klaatu stepped forward, keeping one eye on the second female elf (was it a Dark Elf? he wondered).  Being a bit of a peacemaker, he offered to the young elf who had slumped against a tree, "May I take a look at that wound, young lady?  Perhaps I can help."

He glanced again at the one holding the rapier, noticed her bruised condition and feral nature, and thought, "Dangerous, that one.  Let's see if she lowers that sword."  He waited.

With a thud, Braandu took a step forward as well and stood with shovel at ready, staying close behind his much smaller father.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2005, 11:24:30 PM »
ooc: sorry, I figured because he was focused on cauterizing and Alexia was screaming that Andimia would be able to sneak up behind him (one of her talents)
I don't usually use names at first, I like to describe the characters as my character would see them.
and just to clarify, Andi is a half-elven rogue.

IC: Still pointing her sword at the elven man she didn't yet speak as she glanced around at the others, her left hand ready to free one of her hip daggers from it's sheath. Her gaze fell upon the girl sitting against the tree. It was now obvious that she was not a prisoner as she made no atempt to flee or do much of anything but sit there. The half-human sheathed her sword and folded her arms accross her chest.

"I am sorry, sir, I did not see any arrow or wound caused by an arrow, though the blood on her clothing gives some clue to an injury before you starting burning her with a dirty piece of metal." She voiced.
"so I wouldn't say it was that clear, and who carries a metal rod around with them?" she asked Rhetorically.

"And I don't duel, dueling is for bored rich brats. ::smirks::  If you want to meet my blades you'll have to get in line."

looking over towards the girl and gnome she speaks, not offering her hand.
"My name is Andimia." the woman says to Teathon as she absently tries to rub the pain out of her shoulder.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2005, 11:46:38 PM »
"I carry a metal rod with me" Tethon said. He was not saying it sarcastically. He seemed genuinly confused by the obviousness of the answer, and replied in earnest."Now if you would not mind lowering that sword, maybe me and the girl could be on our way. After this individual has checked her wounds of course."

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2005, 09:08:55 AM »
Klaatu wasn't much taller than the girl sitting down.  He looked carefully at the cauterized wound.  "I prefer using other techniques for battle wounds that leave fewer scars, but I must say, this has been neatly done, neatly done.  I dare say you have served in the field."  he said, looking at Tethon.  "Are there others in your party, and are there enemies nearby?"

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2005, 09:14:58 AM »
OOC: Grr I feel like a baby! :)

IC:
Alexia felt a cold breeze across her shoulder when the rod was taken out. She wanted to jump around in enthusiasm but she didn’t have the energy for it. Instead she glared at Tethon for a moment when he said:

“...After this individual checks her wounds...�

Alexia was going to fight something this day. She had been shot, poisoned, a hot rod shoved in her wound, and now something else. Pulling her legs to her chest she laid her head down on them, letting her hair fall naturally.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2005, 01:33:43 AM »
ooc: I sent you a PM nobody, but usually when you sign in you get a popup saying you have a new message.

IC: "some doctor you are..." Andimia scoffs as she brushes past the gnome and crouches in front of the girl, slinging her pack off her shoulders and on to the ground. She quickly dumps out a bunch of jewlry and fancy silverware and pulls out a battered wooden box from the bottom of her pack. Undoing the leather straps she opens it letting the hinge hold the top up. She smiled for a moment remembering how long ago she stole this small aid kit, and how many times it's helped her after a job had gone sour. The box contains a few herbs in small glass jars with cork tops that are held to the lid by loops of black fabric sewn into the lining, some rough bandages torn from rags lay in the bottom along with a few small tins. She rushes to the stream with a slightly tarnished silver cup and scoops up some water, opening a tin she pours a small amount on the tan powder, mixing it with her finger to make a paste she holds the cup out to Alexia.
"Drink some water." she said hurridly "And let me see that wound. I can't stay here long, your fire will probably attract that army."

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2005, 10:29:04 AM »
"Um yes that is true. We need to leave now. Howabout we deal with this at a later time. At a town perhaps. If memory serves me correctly, there should be one not to far off that way." he finished.

The rest was spoken in the elven tounge. "Alexia, I will leave this to your choice, we are not in critical danger at the moment, but we could be soon, and if you are able to walk we really should be off. Or if you would rather, I will carry you, but time really is of the essence. This one is clearly a thief, and one who I should not suggest that you trust, and I am not entirely sure that I trust these other two either. The gnome seems fine enough, but who knows the motivations of the man in armor. He may be a Fade dressed in armor for all we know. I suggest that we try to leave these individuals as soon as possible, but again, I leave the choice to you."

For the first time since leaving, Alexia could actually decide to leave without Tethon. Before he could have easily tracked her down, but now that she had potential friends, espescially that gnome, she might be able to really head out on her own. These three new arrivals made her much more likely to try and leave without him, and he did not intend to try harsh words and actions to fix the situation. However It might help that everybody but Tethon was looking at her wounds and treating her like a newly born babe, and that Tethon alone was treating her like she had some kind of choice in the matter. It might just keep things in his favor.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »
Andimia glares at Teathon over her shoulder.
"Al o mae sar ai't o cyrn byrol eirdyr ti, cyrn tbyr serysia." [[Elven: you know nothing about me, how can you say that i'm not trustworthy]] she turns back to the girl becoming a bit impatient,
"just let me put this salve on it, it will reduce the blistering and scarring." she sits there with the tin in one hand, and a thick paste on her finger for the girl to  uncurl herself

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2005, 02:39:11 PM »
Alexia bit down on her lip and shoved the salve away. She didn’t need to be healed any more. She didn’t want anymore pain. That’s all everybody gave was too much attention! She inhaled sharply. “I will walk to the next village.� She spoke in Ancient Elven where Tethon would be the only one to know what she said. “This person I know nothing of and yet could poison me more so than I am!� Her blue eyes looked over to the walking stranger as the figure seemed to blur into three figures. In the back of her mind she was screaming out in pain to stand up but physically she wasn’t able to move as little pink pricks vibrated throughout her shoulder making her lose focus as well as consciousness. The last words Alexia said were ‘North East’ before blacking out.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2005, 04:36:52 PM »
Klaatu had learned basic Elven, but that was years ago, many years.  "Too long with the humans" he thought to himself. "and what did it get me?  My family killed, and worse!"   Enough of that.  He shook his head.

He didn't need an interpreter to know that they shouldn't stay where they were.  What were these two elves doing here?  Then there was the third one.  Curious.

The young one still needed help, it appeared.  Klaatu was not a healer per se but certainly had saved his share of injured souls over the years.  They could perhaps rest and tell him what was going on around here before he left the area again on his mission.  It would be of great benefit if he could find out what the armies in conflict were up to lately.  Not much to lose by asking these elves to stop over for a meal.  After all, he didn't have to tell them everything.

He had moved around a bit downwind while he thought, and while the elves talked.  He didn't see particularly well, but could smell them and some of where they had been, the blood of minor wounds, the adrenaline/sweat/electrolyte mix.  He clearly sensed the various metals they wore or carried.  

All dead metal, of course.

"The dark lady... what is she? not quite elf...  tastes of more weapons-steel than she has on public display" he thought to himself.  "Such a collection of dishes, too.  Likely not hers.  If she's a thief, I'll have to talk to her before I allow her too close."  

Klaatu lifted up his face with its gray fur and long pink nose; rather like a soft snout with a few whiskers.  

He said in Common, "The young lady appears to need help, need help, and I would like news of the land if you would be willing to tell it.  My home is close nearby.  If you care to, you are welcome to stop there.  You can eat a meal and rest in safety, in safety.  Do not fear Braandu.  He appears large, but is only a boy, and wouldn't hurt a worm, a worm, unless it tried to attack me.  What say you?"

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2005, 06:04:59 PM »
Andimia raised a brow at the girl, not only did she not want the cooling salve, but she didn't seem to trust Andi at all. the girl spoke jibberish as Andi scraped the salve off on the edge of the small tin and packed up the aid kit, and wiped her hand off on the grass. She piled the loot in the bag haphazardly on top of the box, mumbling about where to dump it all. She placed a scroll from among the things in her sidepouch. When she looked up Alexia had passed out. The half-elf furrowed her brow a bit.
"I guess I'll be on my way, make sure that her burn stays dry." Andimia says to nobody in particular as she slings the pack up onto her back. "I'm sorry there isn't more that I can do to help." She begins to walk off in the direction opposite of the army's advance.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2005, 08:36:35 PM »
Omaru came running towards the group that Andimia was trying to leave from, and came up panting, though he tried to look as dignified as he could, holding his chest high as he caught his breath.
Then he cleared his throat and addressed them.
"Uh...we're surrounded, I tried to warn you but a group of 'them' cut me off. We better think of something quick...or else we'll all likely hang before the sun's set."
Not forgetting common curtesy, Omaru bowed low to the three strangers and addressed them specifically, "I am Omaru, a Highway men," he took off his oversized fluffy brown hat and swept it sideways, "It is a pleasure to meet you." Having shadowed Alexia's movements for a while, he knew the three strangers meant no harm to them.
He then turned and took a few steps towards the elves. "My apologies for leaving you ealier...but uh...I had to...check something, I shall explain that later." Looking down at Alexia, he could tell she was in no shape to be moved around, so he looked at Tethon, "We will most likely have to fight to protect her, I don't think she will be able to move like that. Any ideas?"
Eyeing the big fellow in armor he said, "Maybe we can use him..."
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2005, 11:05:42 PM »
!@#$%^&*~! Small wonder though. Three of them had crossed blades with the troops, maybe four by the looks of Omaru, and that jugernaught had probably been heard for miles around. How had all of them come togerther here anyway.

No time for this. Alexia was in no shape to fight. He must hide her here or she would die. If this was indeed the army he thought, the only he knew of that used poison, then they would not hesitate before killing her unarmed and unconscious, and do worse things if she were captured besides. She would fetch quite a price, being of such high lineage, and who knows what would be done to her to ...entice her father.

"If you wish for her to live" he nodded to Alexia,"then you will forget my ever being here."

Tethon quickly removed the rope from his things and tied it to his pack which he quickly threw over a low branch in the tree. Then, tying the rope to his sturdy belt, and throwing Alexia over his shoulder in a careful balance, he used the other side of the rope to pull himself, and the girl, up into the tree. It was a considerable effort to be sure, and even in as good a shape as he was, his arms were burning at the end of his careful balance. He had almost dropped her twice.. Even still, he continued to make his way up the tree even after reaching that lower branch, untill he was satisfied, and he carefully propped Alexia in the tree for safe keeping. Then he waited to see what would unfold...

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2005, 11:24:11 PM »
Andimia turned around to see the new visitor and watched Teathon climb into the tree with Alexia.
"Bloody coward expects us to fend off an entire army while he sits like a scared kitten in the tree." She shook her head slowly and then looks to the others.
"I don't know about you guys but I really don't want to sit around here just to  go with the fall of the leaf by morning."