llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Rod of Lordly Might  (Read 38247 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« on: March 31, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »
PRO:

'It was said that a powerful King will take the wrong throne. It was said that the King shall be dubed thee upon the Rod. Lordly Might was his name. He was a knight for King Elrick the first. Upon reading the scroll a wizard left, King Elrick the first became interested in the rod. His son, Prince Elrick thought the idea bad and did not venture to his father's wishes.

The rod, being found in the Rang'Shead Mountains, was too overwhelming to give away, so the Knight Lordly Might engraved his enitials on the rod and became King when he came back to Tatters. Too over confident, King Lordly Might died of natural causes, bearing the hurt, Prince Elrick took the throne and broke the rod in three seperate pieces. Hidden to places he did not know, he told a wizard to take the scrolls and hide it too and never return...'

Now, being 4,000 years later, an elf named Alexia found a scroll when unexpectidly finding an underwater cave. For hours, she would return and read the scroll. The myth, was in fact real. She stopped and read aloud, 'Too seek and adventure of a myth you will encounter more changes, dangers, and treasures ever to be laid. A scroll you found is in another, but where?' In secret the white haired elf learned the use of her fathers blades. An adventure she was born to face...

STORY BEGINNING:

The evening was warm and enviting. She could smell the rain coming at nightfall. It was always warm. Her village, Teer'Benauh was peaceful. No secrets were ever kept. "No secret but mine." Alexia thought. For weeks now, she went back to the cave until one day it had disappeared. After realizing she knew every single word, she needed it not and hoped someone would find it and read it.

Walking mindlessly through her forest land, she ran into her father, King Benu. His black hair and green eyes peered at his daughter. "You think. Thinking will cause trouble." He smiled. Alexia quickly made up something, her blue eyes full of trouble. "Father, I wish to adventure." Stroking his chin, her father said, "Adventure where my young child? You are but 100. Surely you will change your mind." A frown was her reaction. "Father, I have always wanted to venture... to explore... to see the unseen..." Rambling her father responded, "A child you are nonetheless. A child you will be! I will not have you dead. If exploring is what you wish, return to me in one week. Gaurds will go with you."

A little angry at her father, she stormed to her home under a treetrunk. Her mother, Queen Sereni was making clothing. The white haired Sereni looked carefully at her daughter. "Adventuring off I see? Take Recko." Not saying a word, she slept until sundown. "This is almost too perfect." She thought. Reaching for her cape, she could hear the rain coming down. Taking a sack full of food, water, and another gown, she took her fathers butterfly swords. Recalling the scroll, she walked out quietly to her horse Recko.

He was ready for the adventure, along with the guards. "Go home." She said to them. "Under your fathers words, we are coming with you. Just to be safe, we tied a rope to your horse. You are allowed 1,000 feet. No more." The two gaurds were built, but held a slender hold (quick for speed). They were armed with quivers, two bows, seven daggers, and four swords. "Fools. I am not coming back for a long time." They said nothing, but followed. In anger Alexia and her two gaurds followed.

Meeting the western front they went to a Tavern. "Resting place." Alexia said. The two gaurds were on extra alert. Jumping off Recko, Alexia walked in to the dimmed Tavern. People of all various types were there. One gaurd watched her everymove while the other paced around the Tavern. Alexia smiled and ordered an Elvish Wine, forgetting her money...
I wear that yellow ribbon.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:51:20 PM »
How attached are you to those gaurds?
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 10:10:25 PM »
I'm not attached. I thought this is supposed to be a roleplaying forum...where people actually roleplay... this is confusing for the first time. I've roleplayed for nearly 6 years and this is kind of new...suprisingly.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 06:07:38 AM »
What Nobody means to say (no matter how many times I say that it still sounds wrong  :P ) is, do you need them or can he, uhh, dispose of them?

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 07:09:56 AM »
Well I plan on getting rid of them anyways. I'm taking my time... but I'm welcomed to some bloodshed.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:34:39 PM »
OOC: Six years? You have a lot of grammar mistakes...not to be mean, but it will make it easier to rp with you if you have better grammar. Just a thought  :wink:

IC: Omaru the swashbuckler was sitting at the bar, drinking down his first drink as an elf woman walked in, and shortly after, two strong looking elves.

Someone important I wonder?...let's see Omaru thought as a smirk spread across his face. He downed the rest of his drink and made his way towards the woman.

His leather boots resounded loudly as he walked across the hard wood floor, but the crowd was so loud that no one would hear that small detail. Before the elf had decided where to sit, Omaru stood in front of her. He took off his large fluffy hat and bowed low sweeping his cape away.

"My name is Omaru," he said as his stood to show his sleek human features, his appearance was quite pleasing to the eyes of others, at least he thought so," And what name could such a beautiful woman as you have? If I may ask."
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 02:46:32 PM »
OOC: I'm still in High School. I have time to learn my grammatical errors. :) I understand. I just type too fast sometimes and I forget everything else. I usually never revise, but I will be carefull this time. Just for you. :)

IC:
One of the guards next to the door moved quickly over to Alexia, his jaw flexing. Alexia’s hand went up next to the guard as she spoke in Elven, “Never.� She moved her hand back and forth, motioning the guard to go back to his post. His dark hair swayed as he paced back, watching her every move.

“My apologies young sir, but please do not bow. It’s a sign of…� She trailed off trying to remember certain words, “Displeasure? No, Disappointment? No, Disrespect.� After finding the right word, she smiled. “My name is Alexia. Please, sit. I’m glad to have some company. Of all things, I want to escape and my father’s excuse is strength.� She sighed and looked down at her Elven Wine. Her stomach churned and growled softly. She bit her lip as her blue eyes glittered from the fire. “What business might I inquire you hold?�

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 07:24:09 PM »
OOC: Hehe thanks.

Omaru smiled as this girl invited him to sit down. He took a table with her and ordered drinks. "If you need to..." Omaru whispered this to her so the guards wouldn't hear, "escape from these two I can help. And do they speak common?"

This should be fun, I hope it doesn't get me into trouble like last time...that was dangerous, though none the less fun.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 09:12:52 PM »
Alexia nodded as her blue eyes seemed to flicker at the guard. She sipped her wine until it was done with. “I’m never taken seriously. They know a little of common, but they are very smart- my father’s guards.� She set the glass down as her thumb ran around the crystal, making a soft noise. She seemed distracted and dazed, but her spirit remained. “‘I am a child,’ he would say.� She sat up and asked the waiter for another Elvish Wine. He nodded at her request and picked the glass up ready to refill.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 09:23:13 PM »
"Well, do you wish to be rescued, my danzel?" Omaru replied with a wink. "I can get you away from these guards, but where would you go?"

Omaru slowly drank his drink, studying this young girl, though since she was elven, she was probably older than he was, but not as experienced, as elves are kept bottled up from real life for longer than a humans life span.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 07:23:57 AM »
Without warning a man bumped past Alexia, snatching her purse, and ran outside. All that was seen was a blurr of blond hair, and a rich red cloak dissapearing out the door.

"Stop, thief!", cried Alexia's gaurd, and in moments ran out the door in hot pursuit. The other gaurd stayed in the room to ensure that the Elven King's daughter remained unharmed.

The sound of steel on steel was heard outside as all heads it the tavern turned towards the door. Several people began to crowd the door, but among the conversation, it was clear that the conflict had been taken into the dark woods where nobody was able to see what was happening. Only those who dared enter the woods would be able to get a better vantage point, and none so far had been so brave as to do so.

The sounds of struggling stopped. Only silence remained outside the tavern walls. The inside of the tavern was just as silent. Whispers began running through the bar, however none spoke any louder than would travel more than a foot.

Outside: still nothing...

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 03:01:46 PM »
Alexia sat back, sipping her wine as if nothing happened. “You see- no matter what humans may think is worth something, means nothing to the Elven pride.� She sighed as her blue eyes glittered in calmness with the firelight. She cocked her head to the side as the same guard came next to her. He lowered on one foot, taking her hand (as it was tradition to ask royalty before you did it), he kissed her knuckle and asked in Elven;

“That human stole your rightful belongings; may we encounter them as it is our duty to die for the princess.�

Alexia’s eyes moved towards him and spoke harshly to him, “You have already disappointed me by coming this night. You think me as a child, as my father does. Tonight- I hunt, you watch.� He voice softened in a cherry tone. “Please drink merry with this night and Tope’.� She smiled as he bowed once more and walked back to his post as his face in frustration and anger. Alexia moved her small body back to her chair and counted in her head as she finished her Elven Wine. She stood up and put a piece of parchment on the table. The bartender nodded as he approved.

“I thank you, but now I must chase my hunt…human.� She smiled and dashed quickly out into the woods.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 05:13:06 PM »
"Uh...wait!" Omaru called as he chased her out the door of the inn. He removed his rapier and and short sword as he chased after her, he came alongside her as she ran. "I will assist if you would permit it." He gave a sly wink as she looked at him, giving the impression he thought this was all a game. And maybe to him, it was...

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 05:33:29 PM »
Alexia stopped and looked backwards. The wind was trying desperately to blow down her hood; she turned, “How did you do that?� Her breath was beginning to puff into clouds as the night progressed. She could hear the two guards behind her as her ears perked. Taking the next step her foot was caught on an old rope.

In a flash she was hanging upside down with her ankle caught in the rope. She sighed as white strands of hair started coming loose from her hood. She reached for a dagger at her ankle and cut it after wrapping her wrist in the rope. “There.� She mumbled. Jumping down, she could see the man 300 yards forward. She looked Omaru. She nodded at him in approval and sped up.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 05:40:11 PM »
Omaru smiled as he saw the woman fall into 'that' old trap. She's lucky whoever trapped her didn't want her dead or she'd already be. Omaru sped up when the woman nodded her approval.

He ran faster as he picked up speed. His swords began to dance in an intricate circle as he moved them with the grace of a cat, merely for show though, as he spun and launched a dagger from his belt for easy release, at the man who stood in front of them, he ran on as the dagger raced towards the man.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 07:30:57 PM »
Alexia ignored the sword dance and continued to run as white hems and blue blades were flashing from the moon light. Her eyes were concentrating on the forest and the floor- too busy to worry about the upper canopies. Vine after vine, she swept past in a quick speed until she came to an end; over a waterfall.

Her ice blue eyes looked frantically for something to hold on to. Holding her breath, she reached towards the waterfall and grabbed a rock. With rushing water and moss-covered rocks, she pulled herself up. ‘Great! The one thing I’m good at, and I run down a waterfall and now I’m heaving myself up!’ She screamed at herself.

After a moment of climbing up the waterfall she stood up soaked. She felt the wind getting colder as she chattered her teeth. When she thought this couldn’t get worse a large silver fish came after her. Luckily, she dodged it. Sighing, she walked out of the water, kicking it furiously.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 08:03:02 PM »
Ok guys, I really can't keep up with this posting speed. I will just cut out now and save us all some trouble.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 01:10:10 PM »
OOC: Are you joking? Don't drop out dude, just keep going, we aren't gonna get made at you for not posting every day. If you drop out now it kinda kills what we were doing...

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 02:55:03 PM »
OOC: Sorry for speed posting. I can slow down a lot!!

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 08:32:09 AM »
OOC: Once a day is fine, but more than that really is too much. Its just that in the time it takes me to make one action, you guys have made two a piece. I am not complaining, but i do know from experience that that can really screw a game up a lot, and i just figured that if i was gonna cut out, i might as well save everybody the time-lag confusion and cut out early. But if you guys really want a third person then i have no problems staying.

IC: Tethon (The gaurd) walked out of the forest with Alexia's purse and a backpack that he had not yet been carrying when he chased after the man. There was not a single scratch on him, however there were some noticable bruises forming.

"I have returned with your things Lady" Was spoken in the elvish tounge. "The theif was an easy fight" he said as he gave a particularly long stare at Omaru."Now we shall see what other things he has stolen"

Tethon placed the purse gently on the ground and began to dump the contents on the ground. Rope, oil, a torch, some cloth, a sewing kit, a purse with money in it, and a single coin with some sort of engraving on it.

Tethon looked at the coin curiously. "why have a coin in your bag when you have many in your purse?" he half mumbled to himself. He bent down and picked the coin up to look at it more closely.

As he brought the coin to eye level he suddenly gasped and jerked his head upright in what seemed like an invlountary motion. He stood staring up into the sky for nearly a minute, every muscle in his body rigid with intensity, and then, collapsed on the ground...

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 02:51:55 PM »
Alexia rushed over not realizing her hood was off. She looked over to the guard to seemed out cold. She gathered her belongings and took what was hers. She took off her cape and twisted it over the guards face as water dripped down. She walked over near a tree and took out another white dress and started changing.

Walking out with a fresh new dress she grabbed a vine and poured a scented liquid on it. Alexia threw her wet clothes over the apple-scented vine and started a small fire near the passed-out man. Looking at his large figure she wondered where he had come from and most importantly what he was doing out here.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 12:12:27 PM »
Omaru laughed as the guard said the thief was an easy fight...for you or for me...hehe.

Omaru just started to warm by the fire as Alexia ran off and changed, this was going to be fun, he just hoped this wasn't some dangerous person a lot of people were after. He'd had that experience before and it wasn't pleasant.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 02:45:49 PM »
OOC: Just in case you don't know already, Tethon is one of two af Alexia's gaurds that had been sent to escort her. The other one should still be with her. He went to go catch the thief that stole Alexia's purse, then you hear sounds of fighting in the woods, and then he returned saying that he defeated the thief. Now he is on the ground after looking at the coin that he picked up.

IC: It was a good ten minutes before Tethon awoke. The coin was still clutched in his hand. He lookd at it again, and reluctanlty brought the coin to eye level. It reached eye level again...nothing happened.

Tethon breathed out a sigh of relief and tossed the coin away, obviously happy about the act. Suddenly seeming to realizing that he was not alone he quickly stood up and saluted Alexia. "Lady Alexia, I must apologize for my recklessness." he said as he bowed even lower.

"Where would you like to go now My Lady? Perhaps I migh be useful in helping to plot our course."

Tethon seemed unusual. And while it would not be noticed by many, his eyes kept going back to the coin still lying in the dirt.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 03:25:34 PM »
Alexia’s ice blue eyes seemed a little too curious, even for her own good but did acknowledged his courtesy. “No, we can stay here. It’s peaceful tonight- so it seems. I do have to ask, why are your eyes aloof?� Her brow raised ready for an answer, but waved her hand. “Never mind, you are a guard after all. It’s probably a deer running off in the distance.�

Alexia sat there, dazed for a couple minutes, stumped about what Tethon was looking at. Her stubbornness started to unravel- she would wait until he slept. Alexia yawned, figuring out she would be the first one to sleep. She took out a cloth and laid it on a ground of moss. She took her cape (which was finally dried), and placed it over herself. Then, taking another cloth, she rolled it up and put it under her head and rested for a couple of minutes.

“Thehon, you should get some sleep and tell…� She trailed off until she was finally out.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2005, 04:17:01 PM »
"Yes my lady" Tethon replied.

Hequickly went about preparing the camp for rest, bundling food to prevent wild animals from smelling it, and preparing everything else for the morning. Finally he went to sleep, however if Alexia or any others had decided to wake in the night to retrieve the coin, they would find that it was no longer on the ground, but instead, in Tethons pack.

Tethons dreams seemed to be disturbed that night as he rolled and tossed...