llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Rod of Lordly Might  (Read 47719 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »
"Is there something I can help you with"?

Tethon spoke from twenty feet off. The rising morning sun, still red in the horizon, glinted off of the sharpened steel of his longsword, and dulled on his charred, blackened metal shield. He held his stance with an ease. A relaxed calm similar to a Lion readying to pounce. He looked...dangerous.

This was the first time that Alexia had seen him in a fighting stance, and it dawned on her that his very relaxed way of moving during the time she knew him, looked very similar to the relaxedness with which he held his stance now. Thinking back, it looked more like a readiness than relaxation.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2005, 08:25:41 PM »
Aghast, the mole-man picked up the commotion outside. He hurried over to Braandu and slapped the large standing form on the hip.  "<Waken!>" he squeaked to his son.  "<Danger Outside!>"

Braandu woke up, mentally shoving aside the images of his dream.  It involved him playing with normal mole-children, romping through friendly earthen tunnels as so long ago.  However, in his dream, there had been a dark shadowy force ahead in the tunnel that threatened the playful kits.  He had started digging a hole for safety, but then, to his horror, his mole-hands melted away and shovels were there instead.

Well, now he was awake.  His human-shaped fingers inside the heavy leather and steel gauntlets reached out and clamped around the handle of his shovel like a vise.  This was no dream.  This was nearly 8 feet of the finest tempered chromium-manganese steel and ductile cast iron.  It felt solid and secure; a reality that any "<Danger>" would have to respect.  With six large steps that shook the cave floor, he strode to the cave opening and looked out while his father put up the hood of his own robe and turned up the light on his staff behind the armoured figure.

Klaatu thought a friendly approach might calm the situation.  He called out, "Excuse me!  Is everyone, everyone ready for breakfast?"
"Stop thinking, and Dream."  /  Selene Nightwalker

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2005, 10:39:19 PM »
OOC: Nobody! How did I ever know you would jump the gun on this one? :) Sorry guys. I got rather bored and into good conversations with him.

IC:
Alexia whirled around; a look of horror splashed her face. Tethon had been following her after all. She didn’t know whether to slap him across the face or stand still not moving or having any explanation of the reason. She looked at his dangerous expression and slightly cocked her head to the side. She had never seen that look and that’s where her confusion came. Yet her eyes could only give him a pitiful look.

‘Tethon, please reconsider.’ She said it in Elven, firmness in her voice. She wanted to know more about this stranger, but with the luck she carried he could lie, kill her and then look like a humiliated, decapitated she-elf who knew not her place! She was in a cross fire and the cross fire wouldn’t budge with two males and two totally different weapons.

The mole-man shouted as she flinched, turning her expression to him and dropping the fresh berries on the floor. She had half a basket rolling on the dirt floor and the other in her basket. “I have picked berries for breakfast- I thought it would be nice if I made it as a treat in respect!� She looked over to the two males and bit her lip.
I wear that yellow ribbon.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2005, 08:08:38 AM »
Dawn stood in the trees watching the scene from a far I am so hungry she moaned as she saw the berrys roll over the floor, she had decided if I just crawl out and take some of them they will never notice she got down to her hands and her knees and crawled inch by inch out of the trees towards the berrys, she wasn't used to doing this she wasn't a thief but it had come to desperate measure, Dawn's long raven black hair was tied up in a bob on her neck, and her long black cloak ran along the floor making it more dusty than it already was, she was wearing a long ripped, dusty, and what looked like it used to be silver but now grey with time, dress down to the floor, on her back there was a weapon a long sword the only thing on her which seemed to be taken good care of, Dawn looked tired and hungry of what you could see of her face, her face was smeared with mud from the past week but underneath she had the face of an angel, her complexion was not perfect but good all the same, her eye's where the weirdest one of them was a dark crimson red and the other a sharp electric blue, she had been searching for many days now looking for the people searching for the rod she had heard from her father that she had to help them find it, her father was high mage, he looked over the people of the world protecting them and sending fighters after the evil one's and to help the good, dawn was one of these fighters, she was fast strong, but she was clumsy, and that was never a good sign, how she was going to do that she didn't know, but now she had found people maybe these where the people. She would find out after she had stolen some of them berrys, as she reached them she stopped, she felt eye's on the back of her head.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2005, 05:54:12 PM »
"By the Lava Luks ..." Klaatu muttered to himself... "There are more people out there than a spawn of earthworms!"

Klaatu glanced behind.  Andimia was still asleep on her thick bed of straw. Good.  She was really tired and needed to finish healing.  He noticed that she clutched the hilt of her sword in her sleep.  "That one has fought more than her share to sleep like that" he thought.

He turned back.  What were these newcomers?  Some dark thing he couldn't quite focus on properly; not that he could see clearly at this distance.  Alexia had charmed him a bit -- she was probably cute by elven standards.  The dark one had put away his weapon.  Then there was someone obviously female crawling around... that was even more confusing.  The energies these people radiated showed significant adrenaline.  At least they weren't fighting, yet.  And the traps on that side of the hill were disarmed so no one would get crippled or killed by walking around a bit.

He thought it would be wise to wait and see whether they decided to put down their weapons and come up for breakfast....

Oh, worms indeed!  This horde would clean out the larder; especially the hungry-looking one.  How he hated to have nothing stored up!  Oh, well, he and Braandu were ready to leave this place anyway.

Klaatu started going over his inventory in his mind, and how to get it quickly cooked.  There was a preserved haunch of deer meat, and since it was morning, Braandu could harvest a few rabbits quickly.  Not much in the way of vegetables... Klaatu savored real meat, like all Graandu.

Looking at the scene below again, he slipped his hand into his robe and touched a flask of "defensive measures".  Reassured, he watched and waited to see if a fight would break out down the hill.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2005, 09:08:47 AM »
By the gods, there were people coming out from everywhere. Grim looked about swiftly, taking in each one. The other scroll-carrier spoke to one in a language he didn't understand. That one seemed to be the only person who looked threatening, not that Grim would fight anyone. He had given Alexia his word.

The issue that had Grim really nervous, was the light. There was too much. He could hold his own with the kriss at his belt, and one or two other powers he'd been taught in case there was no shadow nearby, but he still didn't like it. He felt naked without the comforting darkness around him. It made him feel safe. At least he knew what to do with shadow. This bright sunlight was unfamiliar terrain, as far as his abilities were concerned. He held his hands out, palms up, to show that they were empty.

"You have nothing to fear from me, friends. Alexia and I had a minor run-in, but its been straightened out. I would be appreciative if you would allow me to travel with you, since my quest is similar to yours, apparently. I will, however understand if you want me to continue on my way." Grim had no intention of letting that scroll piece get out of his grasp and he would steal it if neccessary if they would not let him stay, but he had a feeling this would end peaceably, with no rash action required.
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2005, 09:42:11 AM »
If Tethon had heard her comment, then he had made no sign of it. Not so much as recognition to her words. It was Grim's words he was waiting for, and since he did offer to leave, well Tethon was willing to take up his offer. Even if the man meant no harm, if he had so little control as to assault people without thinking, then he was far from good company.

"Since you already understand, how about going on your way right now, and we shall have no further problems"

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2005, 10:31:06 AM »
She glared- that’s all she could have done. In a sincere aggression, Alexia did the unthinkable. Grabbing a hold of Grim’s hand, she yanked him forward towards the mole-man’s cave. She stopped at the edge of the waterside and turned towards Tethon. ‘You could try a thousands tactics to kill this man, only to find grave failure. He is the strongest person alive- with the second scroll.’ Her eyes flashed nothing but anger towards him when she spoke in Elven. Guard or no guard, there was no trust, only his word. And she was going to change it- well try to.

‘Further more clean that woman up. It’s uncouth to crawl around in any presence. That is all I’m going to say and you will abide my rule. She tugged along once more on Grim’s arm. When she saw the mole-man she just smiled, frustration building in the back of her mind as she stopped in front of him. “There is something I need to discuss with you, privately. The- both of you.�

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2005, 03:58:33 PM »
"I have a private room, a private room in the back of the cave, missy." Klaatu said.  "Let us go there".

"<Guard entrance.>" he squeaked to his son.

Braandu took one more "look" at those around him, and followed his father to the opening of the back room.  The tunnel would have required him to bend considerably to enter.  He stood at the mouth, holding his shovel at the ready, trying to appear both relaxed and dangerous, like Tethon had done outside.  

The stance probably would have worked better if he didn't have to stoop under the smooth, carved rock ceiling.

Klaatu said to Alexia, "Tell me, what is on, is on your mind?"

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2005, 05:57:43 PM »
OOC: I don’t know if I should be waiting for Grim to speak and then I do- either way...meh.

IC:
Pacing back and forth and muttering things in Ancient Elven for quite a long time, she inhaled and then leaned against the rock wall with a frustrated expression. “I don’t think we have been quite honest with you.� In the back of her mind she wished Tethon was here- or at least he would know what her frustration was. She wasn’t quite sure if there was a cover-up for their identity or not. Spilling her name and class would be even more dangerous- especially with what happened earlier this morning!

“There’s a certain- rare item. Some say its magic can only be obtained through pieces scattered throughout the world. The only problem is- you need three scrolls to find The Rod of Lordly Might. I have one and he has one, so you see- I'm in a bit of a pickle.� She managed to sit down and rub her temples- her head had been throbbing since she was slammed against the tree earlier. “You know more about- the outside world than I do. I was wondering- well, hoping you had a map of some sort. Of these lands of course.�

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2005, 06:20:08 AM »
Klaatu rubbed the stiff whiskers that stuck out from the sides of his large pink nose and thought for a moment.  "Of course I have maps.  Graandu folk have travelled everywhere, everywhere in search of all the best fundimentals and mineral deposits.  Mined, mined them, too.  Marked the best deposits on our maps".  

"And fought with the dwarves and goblins on more than one occasion for those," he thought to himself.

"Of course," he went on, "our maps are for, shall we say, mostly mining uses.  You might find them hard to read, to read, as we do not emphasize detailed surface features.  I can read them easily, of course."

"And while we are on the subject of rare items, rare items, I need to talk to the leader of the Benauh elves.  If you are from around here, then you probably know them.  Can you take me, take me to King Benu?"  He looked at her hopefully.

Oops.  The mole-man didn't need eyes of a hawk to see that was obviously the wrong thing to say, judging from the look on her face.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2005, 03:34:40 PM »
Alexia kept quiet. Her eyes seemed transfixed on a small dirt pebble than anything else. She sat there, pushing her hair back as she regained herself consciously. “I can…deliver a message.� She didn’t want to cry- no not now. She didn’t want to make anything out of the obvious- that was impossible. A lump had formed in her throat as she clenched her jaw. Leaning forward her hair fell down over her shoulders. Those dull eyes stared transfixed on that black pebble.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2005, 07:44:25 PM »
Up close like this, Klaatu could hardly miss Alexia's reaction.  What had he said to leave her so quake-struck?  He was a metallurgist, for ooloo's sake, not a diplomat.  He said what he was thinking.  As a rule, others appreciated his direct conversation.

"Wait a moment," he thought  "She spoke of the Rod of Lordly Might!  That cannot be a coincidence; she must have information about the same artifact we seek, too!  Scrolls... what scrolls?"

He blurted it out, as usual.  "My dear, Braandu and I have been told by my, my cousin that there is an ancient artifact, an artifact that you may also be seeking that can cure my son's affliction.  He is, well he is not 'normal' as you can tell.  Many things I have been in 300 years, but now I am a father.  I would go anywhere or do anything to help you find this enchanted rod.  I said something about King Benu that has given you concern, and I apologize.  I meant no offense.  But I was told that the leader of the Benauh elves could guide us on our search for this cure."

"I was told it is somewhere in the area of the Ranger's Head mountains to the northeast.  But that is too big an area to search, and I have only been to a few mining sites there.  I also do not see very well over distance.  If someone else has a clue to the artifact's location, then can we ask to see his scroll; his piece of the puzzle?  Can we buy it?  I have access to gold."

He thought for a moment.  "And if they want your scroll, you must be very careful that they do not attack you.  We must not, must not allow someone else to take it!"

Klaatu knew that when he was upset, that he should go work with his hands and settle down.  "I will go make breakfast for our unknown guests." he said.   "Please think on this and tell me how we may work together."

He went out to the main room and started preparing a large amount of food.  Braandu helped, while keeping an eye on the cave entrance.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2005, 07:05:25 PM »
Food ready.  Table set.  He rather thought that the smell of roast venison and freshly baked root-bread would have overcome the belligerent attitudes being displayed outside.  A simple equation:  Hunger + Good Food = Time Out to Eat and Talk things over.

Klaatu waddled over to the cave entrance to peer out.  Was anyone coming to eat, or were they just going to quarrel all weekend?  Perhaps they actually intended to fight.  

If they ate a full meal together in peace under his roof, it would be unforgivable under the customs of the land to attack him -- let alone assassinate him in the shadows of night.  

Klaatu would never have admitted it; least of all to himself, but he had a bit of the diplomat in him after all.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2005, 07:22:47 AM »
Alexia was surprised he mole-man never herd of the King’s daughter. Let alone the King was well over 300 years old and Alexia was only a fraction of that age. ‘A diplomat!’ She huffed softly after that thought and listened to the apology. “I’ll give that message to the King.� She didn’t want to tell him anything about her, let alone the scrolls had some sort of magic.

And yet the magic was addicting, secretive, and she felt protective over a simple piece of complicated magic. Another huff was heard as she sat there, staring and trying to strategize plans. She looked up only to smell the food and instantly became drawn to it. She got up and walked towards the kitchen and smiled. “I would have made some this morning. I also forgot to thank you for the vision.� She smiled, trying to push things out of the way.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2005, 06:28:33 PM »
OCC:  Sorry...  I was a little confused by your posting, Alexia.

Perhaps I should point out that my characters don't know a few things:

1)  They don't know King Benu is dead, or that your town is gone.  No one has told Klaatu.  He wasn't affected by the mysterious metallic noisemakers that destroyed your people.  That's why he asked if you would take him to the king of the Benauh elves.  He could have asked Andimia, but it was much more ironic and poignant, I thought, if he accidentally asked the daughter of the slain to bring him to that village.  Dramatic, or something.  I guess it didn't work.

2)  You referred to the King's daughter.  I don't believe the subject of the King's daughter has come up to my guy.  Klaatu probably knows the Benauh elf king had a daughter, but your character has not been formally introduced to mine at all, let alone as a Princess, and Klaatu didn't know your family well enough to recognize you as such.  He does not know Benu is your father.

There are several races, and several kingdoms in the area.  You came from one, Klaatu came from another, he worked for a third, and that was overrun by a fourth.  Araith's character and possibly that of Ajax (someone you briefly introduced) represent others.  Obviously, Kivval is another.  There were more, including unidentified human armies, and a band of orcs.  Two unidentified characters have just shown up... both wizards?  Probably we will meet more races and states as we develop this thread.  It's sort of like the United States, or Europe -- although with more orcs and sentient snakes!    :wink:

So, my characters don't assume your character came from the Benauh elves unless you or Tethon tell him so.  Now might be a good time to confide in him (hint, hint).  After all, he has healed you twice, fed you, given you shelter, come to help you, and provided some small degree of friendship.  It might be in character for you to reciprocate.  But that's just how I think.  Play it your way.

3)  Obviously, I am waiting for someone to tell Klaatu that King Benu is dead and his daughter, Alexia is in charge of the Benauh elves.  Then Klaatu will cooperate with her to help obtain the Rod, as long as he believes he can borrow it to help cure his son.  That's why I have played off the references you put into the story, and set up my own references as I have (such as to a legend that said "...the Leader of the Benauh Elves") etc.  Klaatu only assumed that "Leader" meant "King".  He's wrong.  It really means "Princess"...  Unless you decide to play off MY reference and introduce another twist, such as your long-lost uncle shows up and attempts to claim your throne and make himself Leader.

4)  About writing conventions:  Klaatu did not speak the word "diplomat" to your character.  True, the word showed up in my last two postings, but that was just a third-party commentary of me as the writer.  It was not Klaatu speaking to Alexia.  I do much of my writing in third-party observer mode, just as I have seen many others in Strolen's Citadel write.  I have tried to copy the conventions used by those I consider most skilled in this interactive style of story-telling.

I try to use italics in the manner that I have seen others using them in this posting... which is to indicate my character is "thinking", not speaking.  I use carets "< and >" with italics to indicate my character is "<squeaking>" in his native language to other mole-people.  

You may have noticed I try to be precise, so others may understand me.  My grammar, spelling, and punctuation are usually quite good.  Hopefully I will be able to continue without too many mistakes.

If I am unclear, (and this applies to any participant who is in this thread) please let me know and I am sure we can work out a system that is agreeable.  Thanks for listening to all this.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2005, 08:55:35 PM »
IC:
Braandu clumped outside, pausing to look at those people who were down the hill.  He went around the hill the other way.  The herd of deer kept their distance from him.  Sneaking up on them was out of the question.  He was always slow, and always noisy.

He ignored them.  Instead, he pulled two rabbits out of snares he had set some time ago.  A wild goose was also snared down by the water.  He picked it up, snapped its neck between his thumb and forefinger, and carried all the game back to his father.

There, he helped quickly prepared these latest catches for breakfast.  It probably smelled delicious.  But, he couldn't quite remember what smell or taste was like any more.  It made him feel sad.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2005, 06:22:16 AM »
Dawn stood up as fast as she could noticing that she had been caught, she stood in a defensive stance ready to attack just in case something happened, the prettiest of all of the people was the elf, she had an air about her, something magnificent, she looked around at the many people and then it floated to her, the smell of food drifted slowly over to her nose, her stomach grumbled, and she moaned so only herself could hear, she moved carefully towards the hole keeping an eye on the other people outside, "um excuse me mr um....... mole?" she hopefully at the moleman who had just excited the cave "is it alright if i have some food and i know that sounds rude but i have been travelling for a long time and am very hungry" her stomach rumbled as she awaited the molemans answer

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2005, 01:15:08 PM »
OOC: Okay if you do refer to me, make sure you send me a PM about it. I’m usually able to check those first. As far as your whole italics, I couldn’t understand the difference at first but now I do. As far as your dramatic touch, I’m not introducing that just yet. This sentence is for Nobody: I need you to participate a little more in your actions this time around. Dream has done a great job at it but I’ve been really antsy on your moves for Tethon. For everybody else : As you figured me out there’s going to be another twist. I will let you know more about it as I have set back and started coming up with plans. We have gone 15 pages into the story already (more in printing, a little over 183 pages...yes I know), and we are ‘just’ starting the adventure. So please bear with me about this. I have been rather busy – legally, so my typing has become slow and non-descriptive. Shame on me.

IC:
Alexia stood and listened carefully, furious with Tethon but then thought things over. He was doing his civic duty and he was simply protecting her. She sighed as her ears turned slightly red from her irritation but thought about her father. Yes, she missed him and yes she hated to admit to herself of her – burdens, but that would be another matter to discuss later.

The girl was still dirty, which rather disgusted Alexia, she only smiled and walked towards the door where she was standing. “Come in. I would have made some berry bread, unfortunately the mole-man beat me to breakfast.� She brushed back most of her white hair, tied it up in a messy bun, since her hair was heavy and thick. There were things itching in the back of her mind and it was becoming annoying. She wanted to speak with the mole-man more, but figured with the unexpected guests, she would wait until her patients grew thing.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2005, 05:23:07 PM »
Klaatu noticed that Alexia didn't seem to completely approve of the newcomer; the [possibly human?] lady in what seemed to him to be robes.

"Robes!" he thought.  "With my luck, she is a Mage, and shoots Fireballs from her hands!  I hate Mages."

"Come in!  Eat!" he said to the newcomers.  "There is plenty for all, and to spare!"

In his calculating heart, he didn't really mean it -- but he reminded himself again that he was intending to leave this cave and go a-journeying up to the Horrible Heaven itself if it should be necessary to save his son.  

He might need a few friends on such a quest, even if he had to feed them sometimes.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2005, 05:35:28 PM »
"Thank you" replied Dawn bowing deeply, she walked slowly and cautiosly over to the entrance of the cave, i need to wash she thought to herslef thinking it manners to eat with such dirty feature's "um is there anywhere to wash around here," she asked hastly looking around at the cave, she looked down at her clothes, she pulled at the filthy clothes that hung loosely off her body, making her look fat and chubby, but the lack of food made her very thin and sometimes unable to move because of the hunger boiling up inside.

Offline Alexia

• Lallana Stahl
  • Adept
  • Danielle
    • Darken Desire
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2005, 11:09:59 AM »
Alexia looked up, her light eyes staring as if she was in her own world. She nodded and handed the girl a small vile, purple vile with a green cork on it. It was a bottle of sweet and thick herbs, good with water and cleansing the body if needed to be. Something her mother had taught her to make when she was younger and more, bolder? “Don’t use too much, just a thimble full. It’ll clean you up well.� She looked at the mole-man and read his expressions, but didn’t say anything about it. Instead she pointed to where the bathing chambers were.

Sitting herself down calmly, preferably near the end of the table and away from everyone, she just waited patiently, staring at a design from the rock on the wall. She sat straight, her back arched and her legs neatly set by the side. She knew her manners and with newcomers she thought it best to ‘perform’ to propriety.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2005, 06:08:01 PM »
Klaatu said to the newcomer, "the wash room is over to the right, to the right.  You can close the door and there is running water and a potty hole.  If you cork the basin, you can take a bath and here is liquid soap, is soap for your clothes in case you wish to clean them.  My son made it!"  He motioned toward Braandu.  

The difference in size between the 4-foot alchemist and his 7-foot "son" was never more pronounced than when they were in the same cave together.  Braandu constantly was in danger of scraping his helmet on the ceiling.

Braandu bowed slightly toward the newcomer, and then went to the doorway to see if Tethon and the other newcomer were coming in, or whether they had killed each other by now.  He was curious.  He had never seen an elf warrior fight before.  He had heard they lived a long time and with their long years of training, could be formidable.

"What is your name, your name, my dear?" said Klaatu to Dawn.  "Tell us about yourself.  And let's not stand on ceremony, on ceremony.  Everyone help yourselves to whatever we have here, here to eat!"  He didn't wait any more, but grabbed a flavorful leg from the goose and sank a mouthful of needle-sharp teeth into it.

He looked over at Alexia, and whispered, "please eat.  Then, may I look at your scroll?"
OCC:  I hope Andimia returns to post.  In the meantime, I will assume she will "accompany" us in whatever we do until she is available again.  I feel certain Nobody will post soon.  I don't know about Shadowkin.  I guess he'll lurk around a bit until he shows up again.  Let's eat and press on!

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2005, 06:42:55 PM »
Tethon Sat by the water sitting on a looking out into the distance. His eyes were in an unfocused gaze, looking beyond whatever reality sight had to behold. That was not to say that he was not aware of his surroundings, He was in his standard perpetual state of readiness that came with so many years as a Weapons Master, high praise to be sure. His mental capacities were simply mulling over the problem with the girl. This Grim character was dangerous. Even if he had meant his swearing of loyalty, he had attacked her without cause. That showed impatience and a lack of foresight that would get them killed. More importantly, what if he fealt another impromptu feeling of aggression towards Alexia. If he but drew his weapon then he might very easily take her on, however he did remember that she knew her way around a blade.

And what was this about these scrolls. Tethon knew nothing about them, so why would a scroll make this man powerful. Is that what all of thisw was about. He would have to settle a few things with Alexia. The least of these things would be about what was really going on.

Offline Dream

• Extreme
  • Knight
    • Awards
The Rod of Lordly Might
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2005, 10:12:41 PM »
The alchemist finished devouring the leg of goose.  He wiped his mouth on a cloth and leaned over to Alexia.  "Um, I'm going back to dig out my maps, my maps" he said.  "You have a scroll, a scroll you said.  What is it?  You said that other, that other person had a second.  And there is a third?  What do these do?"

"Come back to where I keep my maps and let me copy the one you have.  Then it will not be a terrible loss if it is gone.  Or better, if you think someone else wants it, wants it, let them, shall we say, 'steal' the copy and be on their way.  We can make sure the copy has a fatal, a fatal flaw.  Then they will be no more concern to us, if we can get a good copy of their scroll first."

"Finally, where is the third scroll?"