llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Chaos Rebirth  (Read 3819 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« on: March 29, 2005, 08:47:32 PM »
Dear ~Fletch~ and Phoren

I managed to get Captain Penguin (a thousand thanks Cap'n) to delete the old thread of The Chaos, but if you would still like the old posts from the old thread I have saved them in a Word document just in case.

In a conversation with the Captain I gained alot of insight to what was wrong with the old one.

21:24:55 [CaptainPenguin] Nos- here's something you need to remember if you're going to resurrect that thread:

21:25:14 [Nosredna] yeah...?

21:25:16 [CaptainPenguin] It needs to have an actual coherent storyline, which the original lacked.

21:25:37 [Nosredna] Example,,,?

21:26:42 [CaptainPenguin] Well, look at the original post- some drivel about reality threads unraveling, and that was it.

21:26:55 [CaptainPenguin] How would you turn that into an adventure? What would the players do?

21:27:04 [CaptainPenguin] How could it ever be finished?

21:27:36 [Nosredna] I'm not too sure. I was just gonna start it and hope for the best but...

21:27:43 [Nosredna] You're making me think

21:27:52 [Nosredna] not a good thing mind you

21:28:18 [CaptainPenguin] Maybe the "Chaos Wars" (a pretty bland concept) are destroying the world, and the players (important figures or something) must lead the survivors of humanity to the last shelter.

21:28:57 [CaptainPenguin] Perhaps it's a Noah's Ark sort of thing- one of the gods involved in the destruction of the world has given the characters a tip, and told them to flee to such-and-such location with whoever they can save to wait out the destruction of the old world.

21:29:35 [Nosredna] Hmm

21:30:12 [CaptainPenguin] You must have some sort of storyline. Otherwise, it is't a game, it's a random conversation.

I emphasize on what the Captain finished on.
[CaptainPenguin] You must have some sort of storyline. Otherwise, it is't a game, it's a random conversation.

I also found the suggested storyline a pretty good one.

[CaptainPenguin] Maybe the "Chaos Wars" (a pretty bland concept) are destroying the world, and the players (important figures or something) must lead the survivors of humanity to the last shelter.

[CaptainPenguin] Perhaps it's a Noah's Ark sort of thing- one of the gods involved in the destruction of the world has given the characters a tip, and told them to flee to such-and-such location with whoever they can save to wait out the destruction of the old world.

Your thoughts?

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 02:47:57 PM »
Yeah! True. I barely remember the thread, but perhaps it's lack of a coherent stroyline was a reason for it's readers and writers disinterest.

I think the arc idea is a good foundation for the original storyline to use as it provides a strong purpose and hopefully with a goal in mind it would be more difficult to end up with (as CaptainPenguin labeled it) 'random conversation'.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
Quote from: "Ria Hawk"
How to Start a Game

To start a game a few questions need to be answered.

1) What is the name of the world that the game is based on. The name given will be used as a descriptor title in every thread you use.
ex: [My World] Title.

I've just been thinking about it. What is the name of the world this will be based on? I think...
...ummm...
...Nos-Land!!!
Yeah absolutely perfect!!!! :wink:  :lol:  :roll:

Seriously though, may be
    Trea
    Gemsa
    Hasar

Those are some I can think of. Any suggestions?

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 02:02:03 PM »
Quote from: "Ria Hawk"
2) Overall description of the world or setting. Any pertinat facts that the players should know about. Locations, descriptions, key NPCs, basically anything you want to pass on to the players about your world or anything you, looking as a player, may want to know about the game. If you have other threads or posts on the main Citadel you wish to link to, please describe a short summary of what the link holds. Do not simply post links, describe them.

The kind of direction of the game should be the "Save everyone, take them _somewhere_" kind of thing.

Before that I think we should set some the kind of terrain we will be passing through, the land marks, the final destination, and general appearances.

Well, it started in a meadow last time. Why not this time? But this time a meadow outside a village or town. Not a city. A city wouldn't have a meadow outside it. It would have roads. I think the meadow should have a slight rise near it.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 08:42:47 PM »
You mean like a rural setting? Outside of a town, which could still be located within the shadow of the more important and heavily guarded city. I like the idea of having a rise. Another thing, how well civilised is everything? Are the roads sometimes winding through forest as nothing more then mere paths or should there be clear pathways to the most well known destinations, cobbled roads etc ?
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 09:01:05 PM »
If you would like to start the game in the Moderated freeform section, I or another admin will have to give you, fletch and anyone else who wants to join, permission to post in it.
I would like to see the details of this roleplay progress in this thread before I allow you to start it in there - just so you have a defined idea.

Now, onto my opinion.
I believe that you need an 'end goal'. Something to strive to, even if the players don't have to know it.

Might I suggest something?
What if - when the players flee their old world into the new world - they arrive in a meadow with no town or civilisation of any sort around. What they DO find, however, lying on the ground, is a broken, rusted sword. This sword shows that there is intelligent life on this world!

Now their goal is to find any form of civilisation. The nearest town could be miles away in any direction. There are unheard of beasts and strange magic effects in this world, but in all, the world seems strangely quiet...

I have a bit of a twist, which i'll whisper to Nos, in case he want to use these thoughts - Don't want to let the players know beforehand! :o
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 07:36:57 AM »
Allrighty, I've been doing my homework and with Shadow's help there's been some major progress. Ok. to begin with
Quote from: "Shadoweagle"
Near the end of your roleplay, the party could find a path and follow it. They find a couple of deserted farmsteads before finally finding a small town.

The twist in the game is that what they were hoping for will never be: The sword they found was from several hundred years ago. The farmsteads which were deserted had been so for a good hundred years.
A plague had passed through the entire land and eradicated human life. All that is left now is a quiet, empty town. *Close Roleplay*

Now, the plague could be substituted for anything. Perhaps a race of deadly creatures that like human flesh appeared.

And, if you manage to get that roleplay finished, you could make a sequel:
After living in that deserted town for half a year, one of them sees movement in one of the buildings. They rush in to see a man leaping out the back window and fleeing.

There IS life! The new objective would be to find the humans.

That last bit, "There IS life! The new objective would be to find the humans" well I found a pretty suitable setting.

Haven Fortress

We need to edit it to ours needs i.e. I don't think paladins are gonna be needed for this etc, etc.

Quote from: "~Fletch~"
You mean like a rural setting? Outside of a town, which could still be located within the shadow of the more important and heavily guarded city. I like the idea of having a rise. Another thing, how well civilised is everything? Are the roads sometimes winding through forest as nothing more then mere paths or should there be clear pathways to the most well known destinations, cobbled roads etc ?

I think that the last version of The Chaos was situated outside some kind of a small village. I think it should be pretty remote. There should be some kind of a path that the group will take. Maybe as you say it will be "winding through forest". Should that path just be beaten down dirt or cobbled.

You can find the previous version of The Chaos here as a Word document. But be quick. The link will expire in 7 days.

I also think that ruleset 2 should be applied to this game.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 07:56:01 PM »
Nos... I believe that the point of Shadow sending you that was so Fletch and Phoren wouldn't know that that was what would happen.
You've spoiled the surprise, as it were.

But, y'know, to each his own. :)
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 07:07:25 AM »
Haha! Ahh well...lucky i have a memory like a goldfish!  :wink:
Umm, ok, well its all sounding good to me.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »

A pretty rough map of the area. Its how I picture it in my mind anyway. That brown thing represents the road the group will take. The grass can be substituted for anything. Rocks. Sand. Whatever.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »
Using Manfreds Monster of a Generator, I got some kind of stats for my character (I've still got to fix on a name).

Skill: Arcane Symbols
Advantage: Sixth sense
Disadvantage: Duties
Attribute: Intelligence

Well from that I think my chacter is going to be some kind of a mage or magician.

A Monster of a Generator

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 08:52:18 PM »
I think I will just use the character I began the old thread with and if I had to classify her into the leves you have done for your character I would say:

Skill: Forseer
Advantage: ShapeShift
Disadvantage: Impulsiveness
Attribute: Intuition

Offline Sain

• Nomad
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 12:41:28 PM »
When will this game be open to players wanting to enroll? If I'm allowed I will post my stats in the next post.
The lance is the true weapon of a dashing knight.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 03:22:38 PM »
Ummm...
...Give me 2 days
...then I'll open for some players.

I guess Phoren isn't going to roleplay with us.

*shrugs*

More room fo others I guess...

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
The Chaos Rebirth
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 05:04:03 AM »
Quote from: "Sentinel* in the ideas section"
Trapped in his tomb, but alive, the God of Pain awaits his uleashing, said to be at the end of the world, he uses his only powers he can and calls to him 2 people, a man and a women to reliquish him from his prison. The man and the women, decieved by them thinking it a person trapped, go after to help the God of Pain unwittily and let him destroy the world

<effect="echo">destroy the world, destroy the world, destroy the world</effect>

I think that maybe ~Fletch~ and me (or maybe Sain) could be the ones to unwittingly unlesh "The God of Pain". Maybe this should be changed to "God of Chaos in order to go with the theme of the game.