llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: any hero or d20 ides for warhammer 4ok stats?  (Read 1781 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Marcum uth mather

• Apprentice
    • Awards
any hero or d20 ides for warhammer 4ok stats?
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:49:54 PM »
as the subject reads some friends of mine are having what we call force fest 5000, it will be a starwars game using HERO rules. some of the guys want to play space marines from warhammer 40k. has anyone made any conversons? o and the resone i asked about d20 conversions also  is it would at least give some ideas

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 08:13:33 PM »
Space Marines in the Star Wars Galaxy?
Well, I would counsel you against such a crossover, but you'll do what you want.

I actually don't know how to work stats from Warhammer 40K (I used to), nor HERO, nor D20.
Sooo... Sorry, bud. Can't help ya'.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 10:00:20 PM »
Blasphemy! Space Marins have no place in SW. But since I'm nice, I'll see what I can do for you... Heretic.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 09:19:33 AM »
i know i know it bad but......

some of my players are real warhammer buffs and dont want to play anything else but warhammer. they play a little dnd but as soon as they can they say " this battle would be way better in a 1000 point warhammer battle!!" they do love SW but they cant seem to find a carector they can relate to. SOOOOO... i will try to work it were a ship from on ogf the chapters loses contact with the God emproers mind and goes way off course and find itself in empire space mohahahahahahah ( gasp wez) hahahaha

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 07:25:01 PM »
Be quiet, heretic. Or I shall call the Ordos Hereticus upon you. Now let this sage return to his studies that he might assist you.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 03:24:18 PM »
I can see the potential for a Star Wars Warhammer crossover fairly easily, the forces of Chaos dont seem too far off from the Dark Side of the Force. The Space Marines could claim that all of humanity falls under the dominion of the Emperor and would then be almost religiously required to take over the empire, rebel or otherwise.

Jedi versus warp demons, imperial troopers versus orks, quite interesting if the power scale is made to be balanced. Too many crossovers I have seen generally become a demonstration of how Game X is superior to Game Y. My personal favorite was a Babylon 5/Star Trek crossover where the gamemaster declared that Federation shields are not properly designed to deflect the multi-terrawatt blasts from the OCD (Omega Class Destroyer). Not surprisingly, the Enterprise was destroyed with one salvo. Blegh, not interesting.

Use common sense and make sure everyone has fun.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 11:42:48 PM »
It's difficult to make a truly accurate assessment of the comparative abilities of different properties.  I've seen a few valiant attempts, however.  There was a site (whose URL escapes me at the moment) that used published technology books from Star Wars & Star Trek & compared the energy in kilowats for shields & weapons to determine the comparative power of the various types of ships. I don't know if there is enough technological detail for Warhammer to make this assessment.
Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic StroleniteĀ®Ā©

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »
I believe the Star Wars/Trek site is www.stardestroyer.net

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 02:21:49 AM »
well great sages it apears we are at a empase.
to any of the leaqrned have any ideas for a good class/ job to have in the SW universe. we are in the early republic just before the sith war( acording to the comix and d20 books. thought there are some still clamering for there WC40K i have no idea what to give the bolters for damage aor the marine armore for protection compaired to say a SW blaster. ANY ideas would be apreseated :D

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 04:50:03 PM »
Bolter - given the fact that the bolter is a rocket propelled round, i would give it good stats penetrating armor plate, but be of more limited value against softer targets like rancors and the other large beasties of the SW-mythos.

Cerramite(sp?) Armor - from the basic descriptions that I have read, this armor would be good against low impact weapons such as the light saber and other weapons that deal heat/energy damage. Against the blaster, i would give it slightly above average protection since the elite Space Marines use it and not every Imperial Guardsmen.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 05:00:41 PM »
A lightsaber would be a fantastic weapon to use against Imperial Guardsmen, creatures such as Tyranids, the Eldar (because of their relatively light armor), and propably various Chaos demons and fanatics, but the powerful heat-distributing and energy-reflective qualities of Space Marine armor would reduce it to near-useless...

I'd have to say that the Space Marines would probably be quite a bit better prepared for battle against the Star Wars galaxy than vice versa- first of all, the Space Marine Empire is a society entirely geared towards war. In addition, the Star Wars Galaxy is rife with division and strife (especially if you factor in either the Clone Wars or the Galactic Rebellion).
Consider also that the Space Marine Empire is rife with psykers and other psychic combatants like that, while the Star Wars Galaxy has the Jedi, the rare Sith, and force-sensitives who can only sense the Force.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist