llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Know your true job...  (Read 41289 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2003, 08:02:50 AM »
Bards making good rulers, hmmm...

Perhaps we know, whether in good or bad times, how to make the life for our subjects easier and nicer!

Seems we are the right men for the job.

Anyone seen a 'Medieval Ruler needed, ASAP' notice somewhere? I am going to make a career, I guess. :lol:
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2003, 04:09:55 PM »
Chaotic Good Elven Druid, I be! D'arr!

Heheheh! Benevolent chaotic evil ruler! That gives me a good idea!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2003, 10:01:17 PM »

Your distinct personality, The Black Knight, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to win. You approach each task or situation as a contest to be won strategically and efficiently. Because you can control your feelings, it is not unusual for you to charm, as well as successfully delegate tasks and responsibilities to the more emotional types. You are often concerned with what's in it for you. You seldom involve yourself in activities where you can not foresee a reward for your investment or effort. On the positive side, you can be analytically empathic and logically persuasive. On the negative side, you may be unemotionally manipulative as well as arrogant, selfish and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Also, I ended up as: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger Bard

The chaotic good is expected. The ranger, fairly so. It was either elf or dwarf... But me? A bard? Only because I'm a GM...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2003, 10:06:52 PM »
Greetings, fellow Black Knight, Kassil

Now I must watch my back too.
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2003, 10:12:48 PM »
No fear - I am an honorable sort, even if I am a Black Knight.

...Just be warned: Anyone trying to slip a knife between my ribs should be more than cautious - either kill me in one blow, or you'll not have a chance to strike the second time...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 10:42:11 PM »
Well, since most of the rest of us seem to be easy-going sorts, I'm not sure it will come up.  'Course, you never know.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kitara

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2003, 07:13:47 AM »
Well boys and girls, the White Knight is also the "True Neutral Elf Ranger Druid."

Alignment:
True Neutral characters are very rare. They believe that balance is the most important thing, and will not side with any other force. They will do whatever is necessary to preserve that balance, even if it means switching allegiances suddenly.[/u]

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2003, 07:30:36 AM »
TRUE NEUTRAL.

BAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Must be ROCK.   :D  :)  :o  :lol:  :P

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2003, 08:52:31 AM »
Sounds like True Nuetral's are as hard to trust as Evil

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2003, 04:17:14 PM »
meh. I wouldn't say that. Me, I'm a benevolent ruler how happens to be a Lawful Good Elf Ranger Paladin.
...Kinda creepy considering that I just started playing a paladin with my D&D group.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2003, 08:39:05 PM »
This is a recently discovered new Black Knight signing in:
Your distinct personality, The Black Knight, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to win. You approach each task or situation as a contest to be won strategically and efficiently. Because you can control your feelings, it is not unusual for you to charm, as well as successfully delegate tasks and responsibilities to the more emotional types. You are often concerned with what's in it for you. You seldom involve yourself in activities where you can not foresee a reward for your investment or effort. On the positive side, you can be analytically empathic and logically persuasive. On the negative side, you may be unemotionally manipulative as well as arrogant, selfish and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.
There are only two unlimited things:
The universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not so sure about the universe.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2003, 08:42:25 PM »
This is what, 3 black knights to one white knight?  It's a good thing we have several benevolent rulers...

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2003, 10:20:12 PM »
...And that one of the Black Knights has a remarkably strong guardian streak to his personality...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2003, 10:41:57 PM »
Thanks for the lead in Kassil

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2003, 03:29:55 AM »
You're quite welcome.

It should be obvious that draconics have those tendencies naturally, so no need to speak of them. We don't guard our hoards because we're paranoid, after all.

...The reason most of us collect treasure: YOU trying scratching an itch through armored scales...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild
    • Awards
At least I am not the Evil Wizard....
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2003, 04:29:49 AM »
our distinct personality, The Dreamer-Minstrel might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You can always see the "Silver Lining" to every dark and dreary cloud. Look at the bright side is your motto and understanding why everything happens for the best is your goal. You are the positive optimist of the world who provides the hope for all humankind. There is nothing so terrible that you can not find some good within it. On the positive side, you are spontaneous, charismatic, idealistic and empathic. On the negative side, you may be a sentimental dreamer who is emotionally impractical. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2003, 05:28:13 AM »
Between the benevolent rulers and dreamer-minstrels, they can probably curb some dark knight tendencies.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2003, 07:16:45 AM »
Your distinct personality, The Shepherd is to tend to your human flock. You understand the needs of those for whom you are responsible. Shepherds are vigilant and reliable. You realize your obligation and commitment to the well being of those entrusted to your care. Shepherds are very dependable. You engender a feeling of comfort and stability to those within your charge. On the positive side, Shepherds can be empathic, caring, understanding, practical and realistic. On the negative side, you may be manipulative, close-minded and sentimentally rigid. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2003, 03:37:50 PM »
Shepards, minstrels, and knights! Oh my.
(sorry, I couldn't resist) :mrgreen:

We do seem to be quite the mixed bag, aren't we?
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline KingOfChaos

• Apprentice
    • http://www.realmsofevil.net/
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2003, 10:14:31 PM »
Your distinct personality, The Prime Minister might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You are a strategist who pursues the most efficient and logical path toward the realization of the goal that you perceive or visualize. You will often only associate with those people who can assist you in the implementation of your plan. Inept assistants may be immediately discarded as excess baggage. To do otherwise could be seen as inefficient and illogical. On the positive side, you can be rationally idealistic and analytically ideological. You can be a bold decision maker and risk taker who can move society ahead by years instead of minutes. On the negative side, you may be unmerciful, impatient, arrogant, impetuous and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

:P

Sounds like me ;)
Shawn Muder
Realms of Evil Games Publishing
http://www.realmsofevil.net/

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2003, 10:26:20 PM »
Oh cool.  I think that's a new one.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2003, 11:05:05 PM »
Heyhey! It's about time that someone was something new!

Welcome, Prime Mininster KingofChaos!!!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Kitara_

Know your true job...
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2003, 05:05:27 AM »
Quote from: "Ria Hawk"
This is what, 3 black knights to one white knight?  It's a good thing we have several benevolent rulers...

I'm starting to feel a bit outnumbered :)

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2003, 08:23:39 PM »
oohh we black knights are people of honour we would never even think of attacking you all at the same time.
we would take turns :)
just kidding
There are only two unlimited things:
The universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not so sure about the universe.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
Know your true job...
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2003, 06:34:58 AM »
Heh....still the only Empathic Shepherd in this flock.

:wink:   More a wolf in sheep's clothing if ya ask me.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.