llamaenterhear

Author Topic: A hobbelf walked into a website...  (Read 5171 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
A hobbelf walked into a website...
« on: March 07, 2005, 02:22:43 PM »
*Waves* Hello, greetings, well met, mae govannen, guten tag, bonjour, salut, hi. I am Twiggy, unpublished crappy author / line drawing...er / all-round head-in-the-clouds person. I found this site when I did a search for "citadel" when doing homework, thought it looked interesting, put it on Favourites and looked at it. My life is now that much richer. :D

So... *looks around* Where can I buy a prawnie?
"A stout little fellow with red cheeks. That won't help you much; it goes for most hobbits... but this one is taller than some and fairer than most, and he has a cleft on his chin: perky chap with a bright eye.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 03:40:52 PM »
*Walks up sombrely to Twiggy* What? You think this is some kind of a bar OR A CAFE? Well so did I when I first came :lol: Welcome to the Citadel and may your days here be long and fruitful. :D

I've always wanted to say that and sound like Adel or Captain Penguin. :wink:

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 05:57:16 PM »
Whie I don't know what a prawnie is, you are more than welcome to anything else you can find.

Very interesting webpage as well.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 11:39:08 AM »
Thanks! ^_^ I'm trying to work out how to use a CSS at the moment, so I can make it more interesting to look at without making it really slow-loading for dial-up users. *Used to have dial-up and knows how annoying it can be*

A prawnie is kind of a mixture of prawns and fish, in a bowl. So sayeth the guy running the stall. He'd sold out, but they smelled lovely; so I'm looking everywhere to see if they're sold anywhere else. I am a seafood lover.  :D
"A stout little fellow with red cheeks. That won't help you much; it goes for most hobbits... but this one is taller than some and fairer than most, and he has a cleft on his chin: perky chap with a bright eye.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 12:04:24 PM »
Please for my sanity and the possiblity I will ever sleep again...

... Tell me you don't like mussels...

...please.

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 01:43:35 PM »
*is tragic and stuff* I am afraid, my friend, that I cannot -- nay, I shall not -- deny my darling mussels!

Hm... eh, I had them once and they're all right. Can't stand those salty things that you eat alive, though. O.o

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 06:07:08 PM »
What, slugs? Yeah, they DO take some getting used to.

>.>
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 10:18:14 PM »
Hey der', hi der', ho der'.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
Wha...eh? O.o Oh! Hi!

Oysters, that was it. Eugh. But I agree, slugs are rather hard to grow into. More bitter than salty, to my mind.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 05:53:57 PM »
Well, I wouldn't eat slugs if you paid me, but oysters and mussels are quite good.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 06:06:59 PM »
I just wish all seafood would die out like all the other trends. Trends like, birdwatching, pet/babysitting, and watching two girls go at it...... as in doing all those trends, what did you think? (Some one whispers in my ear) OOOOHHH! You guys are sick! How did you derive THAT from what I said? Is that all you think about, have you no shame? PERVERTS!!! But I digress, welcome to have you Agent Twig-man!
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 05:30:20 AM »
Quote from: "Dragoon God"
I just wish all seafood would die out like all the other trends. Trends like, birdwatching, pet/babysitting, and watching two girls go at it...... as in doing all those trends, what did you think? (Some one whispers in my ear) OOOOHHH! You guys are sick! How did you derive THAT from what I said? Is that all you think about, have you no shame? PERVERTS!!! But I digress, welcome to have you Agent Twig-man!

Its a she man...
...No wait, that came out wrong. The Twig-man is a Twig-WOman.

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 06:17:45 AM »
Hee hee. *grins* Common mistake. ^_^

Offline Dragon Lord

• Apprentice
  • Awards Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 10:09:10 AM »
Er ... I know I’m gonna regret asking this but :-
What is a hobbelf?
Is it some kind of bizarre hobbit/elf half-breed?
All hail the Dragon Masters

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 10:36:29 AM »
You should not regret it as I second the question. What exactly is a hobbelf?

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 12:09:26 PM »
Dont know what a Hobbelf is, but I do know I was wrong about the twig- er, hhhhmmmmm... Twig-man sounded so cool!  I guess I can nickname you Twig-Thang, no, Twig-girl? No, thats like a lame side kick's name, how about...... Twig. Yes, yes of course, so simple! You shall forever be Twig!

(In my eyes at least!)
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 03:37:14 PM »
Yes! I shall be Twig! ^_^

Dragon Lord guessed right: a hobbelf is a weird, illogical, freaked-out hobbit/elf halfbreed. :) *gets into name lecture mode* It comes from tolkienonline, where my name is Elfkin (when I chose it I was somewhat infatuated with all things elven, except for Movie!Legolas, who annoyed me then and sadistically amuses me now). I also happen to think that hobbits are uber-spiffy (what other race could live in a load of lovely, green, lush, bountiful country without fighting over who got the best bits?), and wanted to be one for a Guild/RP thing called the Valaraukar Lair (ain't it weird: a hobbit in a Balrog guild?). I failed to specify this, and so everyone assumed, quite fairly, from my name that I was an elf. So I morphed into a strange elf/hobbit thingy. Made up some backstory about a 'Suefic in which I'm the daughter of Thranduil and some random hobbit maid whose name I forget (possibly Elanor), just so I got to be rude about Legolas, steal his pancakes and explain this random extra Thranduil wandering around. So, that is my life story.

*Pokes* Is anyone still awake?

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 07:33:36 PM »
This is a post-by-post forum, remember, not a chatroom. You can't assume we'll answer any time soon.

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 06:15:42 AM »
Sorry. I wasn't talking about people not replying, I meant I hoped I hadn't bored anyone to death with my rambling.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »
Bored to death by rambling? Around here? -hmph- It is simply not possible. -Pulling up a chair and takes a seat.- Ooh a hobbelf. Greetings and Salutations to you Twig. - bow of the head in greeting and respect.- Welcome to the Citadel. I would have been by sooner to welcome you but at times I am a bit forgetful. Which is a shame, truely it is.

Twig is an interesting name. Perhaps if you have offspring at some point , they will be called 'Twiglettes'. -Shakes head- Anywho.

I do apologize for that little bit just now. I am usually more focused. So, do you have any pie? Many here will gladly releave you of any pie you might have. -a charmingly devilish smile forming.- I believe that Pecan is the prefered flavor. I , myself, prefer Key Lime Pie. So any pie offerings you wish to make here at the Citadel will be greatly appreciated.

-Blinks- Alright then.

Well Twig, should you have any questions or need any help just let one of us know. I know most would be happy to help. We can be rather friendly , if not odd, people at times. And I say 'odd' with great affection. Well, try to have fun.
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 05:00:43 PM »
Twigglets!! Now those are some quality nibbly's. Can't get enough of them.

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 12:19:08 PM »
*Seconds that motion* Especially the BBQ flavour ones... yummy. Oh... but who would I have those offspring with? Unless I have frog in my DNA?

*Gives ScorpionJinx some pie* Here is a pie. Here is a lime -- *squeezes lime onto pie* -- and here is a key. Enjoy! :P

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 01:19:03 PM »
Well Hello I am Adel and I am sorry it has taken me so long to intorduce my self! I am the Resident EWA (elf with attitude) and I welcome you!  Half hobbit Aye does that mean you have furry feet?? :?
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline AgentTwiggy

• Apprentice
  • (Icon by Pezlikeicons)
    • Serindipity!
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2005, 12:00:44 PM »
*checks*

...Yes, yes indeed. *is proud*

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2005, 11:54:52 PM »
Very Cool!! :D
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©