llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dreamscape Imperialism  (Read 5479 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Enthroned Carcass

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:54:15 AM »
Please do consider your posts and sentences carefully, and double check your spelling. I will rule relatively loose, but I will most probably not allow outrageous things. Choose a colour for your character's speech to make things more clear (all colours but white, wich is occupied by me). Originality and depth in characters is very much encouraged, but powergaming (such as munchkinism and god-moding) is not welcome. Don't let this scare you though, I dare you to give me the finest roleplaying you have to offer!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drawn toward these lands again, riding the winds of my blackened soul. Dancing through the charred remains of life, I embrace the rot. Pathetic fools wander aimlessly through the halls of their empty minds. None understand, and none will ever do. I see two men drink together, laughing and talking. I know that both of them won't live through this night. I see a child, playing in the calm streams of the forest. The woodspirits will gorge themselves on his soul for all eternity, before the sunset. Crows fly silently through the cold skies, landing on the bloodstained battlefield. The weeping of a freshly spawned widow echoes through the moonlit night, and my wandering continues. My flame is ever in hunger.

Ah, but what is this I see? An interesting soul enters the realms of broken hopes. The unbound streams of my being collide into the withered husk that is my prison, my carcass. The snow falls down on the creature's shoulders. What brings him to the edge of the forest?
Kneel before the Rot of man.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 04:29:29 PM »
OOC: Ok, so would you like my legend incarnate, my serpent demon, or my vampire.

I would have to say that my legend incarnate is the hardest to kill, my vampire is all around the toughest, and my Serpent demon is the most elusive and potentially the most dangerous and powerful.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 12:04:11 PM »
OOC: Oh boy.

Those are almost certainly too powerful. Give me some more details on them to start. Do they have magical abilities? In this world, magic doesnt really exist, at least not in the way you imagine it to be.

The paranormal powers that a very select few people can wield, lets call it 'magic' for simplicity's sake, is a very subtle force. It depends on manipulation of the world, not creation, illusion and transmutation. Wich means no huge fireballs and summoning mighty fiends to do your will. Many of the magic users, who are called Receivers, don't even realize their full potential. And even those who do rarely become powerful. The experienced Receiver can control the branches of trees to choke opponents, cause the wind to briefly change direction to make hunting easier, make a campfire turn into an bonfire, throw rocks, walk on the air, etc. Very little is known of magic, and most people are wise enough not to talk about it. For the Inquisition mercilessly hunts magic users for reasons that are unclear. What is clear however, is that they know the truth about magic, but they aren't talking...

The world is a fairly sparsely populated place. The land is massive, but towns are spread far in between. The capital of the Kingdom that controls most of the continent is the largest settlement; a titanic tower that houses millions of people. (Imagine it as something looking like this.)

The north consists of one big chain of snowtopped mountains, where many barbarian tribes live. The west houses the center of the Kingdom's power. In the south, a small desert is populated by nomads. Towards the east, the land evolves into a massive forest. And it is near the edge of this midwinter forest where your character walks for reasons only you know. Very few people penetrate the forest deeply, and those who do don't seem to return.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 03:58:20 AM »
[OOC] For more info on this character go to the NPC's secton on the homepage. I strongly recommend you do, or he's gonna be a really confusing character.
 [IC] "If a cure can be found it is in this forest" thought  Tython. The snow was new to him, he had lived in a hot place most of his life, and had it not been for his demon blood he would not have made it this far. "Well maybe this blood is good for something after all."He walked to the edge of the forest and gazed at its snow covered beauty. He traveled a long way to get here, and he was cold. He made a strange hand gesture with his left hand, and whispered 'fireball'. A flame erupted in his hand, but quickly fizzled out. "What the..? Thats odd, cant use magic?" Tython now grew worried. He bared his claws, he felt an icy gaze set upon him.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 05:21:48 AM »
What a remarkable sight, this creature I saw. It paced with iron determination towards the foreboding forest. I felt the cold chill his bones, yet his lifeblood remained ever vibrant. Remarkable, indeed. Some form of demonic ancestry coursed throughout it's veigns. I searched it's mind for a reason to travel here.

It's mind was complex and blurred, difficult to grasp tightly. Visions of corpse-lettered battlefields and crying women, treacherous faces, dying children. Rotting bodies rising slowly to take up the sword against former comrades, eldritch magics and powerful pains. The creature had experienced much, and thus had earned a drop of my attention.

And then, I felt a small surge of power. Chaotic sorceries, powerful for a human, swirled within it's hands, but failed to achieve result. I smilled innerly, for none could defy my laws.

Ah, I had attracted it's attention. The rotting black robes that enwrapped my dead carcass and faceless face did not move the slightest bit under the strong winds, as the creature bared it's claws. It turned to face me..

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 05:51:52 AM »
Tythan turned around, but saw nothing. He looked all around him. Still, no one. He closed his eyes. Tython now reopened his eyes. They were red, but the demon in him could see no one either, although it could sense the small amount of power in front of him. "Neither magic, nor spirit, but something more..." he said softly. In a second he saw the small power expand into a huge mass of energy. "What!? This is unreal!" he said aloud, very confused. "What on earth could have so much power?" He didnt care, he decided he would destroy it rather then let it engulf him. He thrust his hands at his sides, and emitted an aura around himself. "No.. somethings wrong" he said through gritted beak "I cant... use my... demon hands!?" with a rush of weariness the aura fadded, and Tython collapsed to the floor. "I dont know what it is, but its a hell of alot stronger then me!" Tython looked dead ahead, into the soul of the beast, and he felt hopeless.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 06:25:24 AM »
I was amused to play with the creature for a little while, seeing it rend at the air around it in vain. It's cababilities were promising, yet it hadn't even attained a hundreth of it's power.

I manifested myself fully physically, and looked at the confused creature with my empty eyes for the first time. It had been long since I had felt the bliss of reality, but without the taint of life. I slowly moved my decaying fingers, one by one. I felt my blank face beneath the smooth, featureless black mask. My face would be too much to bear for the human. I looked forward to the coming conversation, the first in a very long time.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 07:06:11 AM »
"Wha...what are - WHAT ARE YOU!" Tython yelled "You were nothing and now you appear without even an inch of magic, you are evil, I can sense it within every inch of your being, you seem to enjoy pain" said Tython as he stood up "Now lets see how you like it when something doesnt go your way!" Tython removed his robe, showing his entire demonic body. "I thought I was cursed" he thought "he must live in an eternal hell." His eyes again turned red, and the aura reappeared, but now bigger and stronger. It didnt go out this time. Then it erupted outward, destroying everything around him. It stopped just in front of the creature, it did'nt so much as flinch. "I pretended I was struggling to lure you out, now that you have seen my full power" he said, his eyes returning to its normal purple "now lets talk."

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 08:35:38 AM »
Interesting. The creature had masked it's power somehow. Of course, I hadn't tried that hard to read him. It was barely worth my attention of course.

The surge of power that it created evaporated both snow and soil around it, obviously trying to make an impression. It was amusing.

Evil? Me? Tsk tsk, the creature wasn't as experienced as I thought it was. It had learned nothing.

I manipulated the air around me as to produce my voice. It created a moment of melancholy, to hear my high, hollow voice again. It sounded as if it came from all angles, as if the skies themselves whispered to the battle-ready creature.

"And talk, we shall. What purpose led your feet to this forsaken soil?"

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 08:57:47 AM »
Tython was exausted, but he hid it well. "Why ask, you should already know from diving into my mind, but to humor you I will tell you. Long ago I fought against a powerful necromancer, his name was Vothil. We met in battle, only I survived, but he laid a curse on me, a curse that shunned me from my people, this demonic blood. In my home I am known as The Wanderer, I have learned many things from the strangers I have met, and it is that which brings me here" he said with a look of defiance, as if he had the strength to fight him.
 "I have heard of this forest and its strange magics, and I thought it would be able to cure me. But now I must ask a question, what the hell are you?" Tython looked into the thing's face, and thought "I hope he doesnt find me boring, or my quest ends here."

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 09:19:44 AM »
OOC: Everything that's not in white compromises the thoughts of my character, meaning you cant normally know them. (like, you could know that I read your thoughts via your magical abilities, but not that I found you amusing.)

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 10:51:24 AM »
[OOC]I didnt mean to be a mind reader, its just that my character still thinks your evil, and most of the evil he has encountered were amused by his acts, so he is just applying his knowledge to the situation he is now in besides, you are lifeless, and the last lifeless people he fought were the cause of his curse, his ultimate evil.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 09:39:35 PM »
Please respond. This is a really good thread, so please pick up.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 10:47:11 AM »
ooc: very busy right now, will pick up again soon!

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 10:34:29 AM »
Ah, always the same question. I am, although not entirely like you, a wanderer. My existence alone is incomprehensible, my aims ancient and grand. Call me a 'spirit', a term that lies closest to comprehending my existance, if you can even use the term existance. After all, how do you prove you exist?

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 03:15:05 PM »
Now you see it....Now you don't

-Nobody

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »
"To prove your existance and your selfworth you must accomplish your goals." Tython said "To have an existance you must make an existance, or become transparent." Tython was easing up to this 'spirit', which he had learned long ago was a mostly peaceful being, although what stood before him was not in essence a spirit. His human instinct,however, told him to be hospitale towards the creature. He fought his demonic blood not to fight him. Tython now asked " Then what, preytell, is your name, and your business here, I've never known a spirit to look so.... different. Indeed, I've neer seen any quite like you, nor any who has as much power you strive on. I was wrong about you spirit, but please tell me of the power you possess, and I shall tell you mine. I hope I can assist you any way I can.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 04:21:06 PM »
A valid point. But how do you define your goals? What are your goals, and how will you accomplish them? Will people remember you for your accomplishments? Or will you spend a life trying to achieve your aims, only to find out they are hollow and meaningless? Will you rot and wither into oblivion while others forget your purpose in life, your very existance? What mark will you have left on this world?

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 01:32:15 PM »
" I thought one with a power such as yours would understand." Tython said, he was very impressed by the being's questions, but he could tell it was testing him.
 "It matters not if you have left your mark, your accomplishments are not to be publicized, as long as you know what your capable of is all that matters. I was lucky that I have left my mark, so others will learn of my path in life, and hopefully follow their own. Achieve your goals, whatever they may be. Not all are meant to be warriors, some must watch their village, take care of a shop, or aid the elderly.
 Whatever you are good at, to improve in what you already ecxell at, that is what your goal should be. We all walk different paths in life, for good or bad, but it is of your choosing to which path you will take. My path is to aid those in need, to help the lost, the forgotten. I dont believe in destiny, but I do believe I was brought here to aid you, and to continue my path."

Tython was now quite parched, and hoped the spirit would end this conversation, so that he may help him.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 12:51:58 PM »
deleted.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 12:16:29 PM »
[OOC]Knock knock, anyone there?[/OOC]

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 11:10:09 AM »
Who's there? Boo. Boo who? Dont Cry.

Ok, ya see, the thing about this thread, is that I haven't seen a hint of anything besides talking. All there is is a frozen wasteland, and the hint of some plot along down the road.

So basically, i am gonna say that yes, this thread is dead.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 11:17:29 AM »
It's called freeform for a reason. Dragoon is supposed to track you down and face you, wich is largely up to you two. I intentionally didn't design a tight plot.

Plus, talking is rping as well. If you only like the 'I'm the invincible cliché- half-demon antihero with fabulous powers that none can face', then leave.

Heck, I just lost the will to further this thread. Stupid powerplayer.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
Dreamscape Imperialism
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 11:11:15 PM »
I have PM'd you with a response

• Apprentice