llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2235 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Macwarrior

• Nomad
    • Awards
Greetings
« on: February 07, 2003, 12:19:11 PM »
Hello all,

I Began playing D&D in about 1980 and am a frequent player on the Fangs Fall chat owned by White wolf. http://www.swordsorcery.com . I used to be an assistant DM on that chat as well. I have been kinda searching the web for similar chats but have had no luck as of yet.

anyway... I just wanted to say hello and thanx for letting me join this fine web site.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 05:00:25 PM »
Welcome Macwarrior

I started playing Basic D&D around 1980 too.  I always meant to try Werewolf or Vampire, but ended up trying and liking Shadow Run instead.
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 06:48:39 PM »
I guess I am sort of a young pup when it comes to the game then. I had a stint during recess in the early 80's but that turned into more of a "club" or as close as one comes to one in elementary school.  :wink:

I got hardcore into Palladium in 1993 or so when I found a group in my dorms that played. I quickly got sucked in and started the experimentation. Not drugs like some, but Rifts, Gamma World, AD&D, and a half dozen home brewed games. Once you are in you just can't stop tinkering with the mechanics.

I think I would very much like to try a Vampire/Werewolf game. Crashed one on IRC at one time and ended up spending a few hours just freeforming since I knew nothing of the rules. I think I allowed myself to be eaten by the dude that actually ran the site cause I had to go or something. Very interesting night.

We should thank you for joining, Macwarrior. I am pleased that you found our little corner.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline forgottengods

• Adept
    • Awards
hi
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 03:31:21 AM »
im from mexico i start playing palladium in 1995
i haved played vampire the masquerade , vampire dark age , werewolf the apocalypse , mage the ascencion and wright i am white wolf fan
i got the books and i was a narrtor or dm for all the games i juts mencioned (sorry my english is not very good but im working in it)
i palyed d n d but i dont like it because the armor is eternal hahaha thtas what i like about the palladium games they are better than the ones on tsr (tsr rocks but now?? i really dont like it whit wizards of the coast i like to play magic but thats all)
the new gods of palladium have arrive  you can run and hide but soon you willl die.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 11:47:59 AM »
Wow.  You guys make me feel like I'm six.  I've been playing freeform games online since 2000, and I've just now started playing my first actual table-top (Everquest).
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 07:12:47 PM »
I guess I'm with you, Ria Hawk. I started in 1998 with D&D and homemade games. I still make and play my own homemade games with my friends. I've also played a little of Exalted from White Wolf.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline forgottengods

• Adept
    • Awards
exalted?
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 08:31:28 PM »
i havent played exalted can you tell some info about that game i played almost all the white wolf games but not exalted
the new gods of palladium have arrive  you can run and hide but soon you willl die.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 05:21:22 AM »
It was about 1997-98 or so, when I have tried RPGs for the first time. After that I played occasionally. It slowly grew into a hobby, then a passion.

I play a system called Dragon's Den or similar, and adapt it everyday as it suits me. So I vote for homemade systems!

These days I DM a small group, and create a world. More for fun than for any actual demand, but it seems to be alright with my players. And write a word or two on a certain Citadel, occasionally...
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline DaWergyling

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Oh well
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 04:34:10 PM »
I started playing D&D this year, hence the 'Interesting DMing Questions" thread, and I like to roleplay, but (I probably should have done it first before coming here) have never even been a PC, or even seen a game occur for that matter, except for the occasional glimpse of the DM at the local hobby shop, before I started playing.
    Oh well...........
And how long has this site been up?
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 03:53:12 AM »
Just for completeness, I started in about 1993, with basic D&D.

eph!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline forgottengods

• Adept
    • Awards
im not that old
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 02:53:25 PM »
Quote from: "Ria Hawk"
Wow.  You guys make me feel like I'm six.  I've been playing freeform games online since 2000, and I've just now started playing my first actual table-top (Everquest).

hahaha i have now a few years playing rpg games i started when i was 14 years old in 1993 o 95 i dont remember well with a homemade game we use to call cyberdungeon we didnt use thac0 or anything like that we only use dice for ability cheks ,dmg and saving throws now im 23 years old and i missed that homemade game but what can i do is only a cool childhood memory :cry:

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 04:48:50 PM »
Boy, do I feel like a complete rookie. I only started playing table tops last september. Rifts is a wonderful way to merge the ideas behind the various game worlds/systems out there. I do wish I had had the chance to play the original D&D. I've got a copy of the books and it looks like it was a blast.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 05:11:48 PM »
...I started playing when I was something like 10 or 11; better than half my life has now been spent playing the game. In my case, AD&D Second Edition is my preferred system, but I've dealt with, usually as GM, Rifts, GURPS, the various White Wolf systems, Earthdawn, Shadowrun, BESM, and the Fuzion System.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Greetings
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2003, 11:54:02 PM »
ooc: greetings is my term!
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

tobyjg

Greetings
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 07:06:20 AM »
hey I am looking for some dm's to give me some tips.  what do you say