llamaenterhear

Author Topic: New  (Read 2138 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Doza

• Nomad
    • Awards
New
« on: February 15, 2005, 01:25:08 AM »
Hi. My name is Doza and i have just started this. Can someone please explain the game to me.  :?

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
New
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 10:13:25 AM »
Hello Doza I am Adel and you are currently in greetings this is were everyone comes to say hello! So HI! :D  Freeform roleplaying is the gaming section, If you want to join a role play game or start one of your own I suggest that you read over a few exsisting RP's(role plays) to get the gist of things. If you want to join an Rp that has been going on for a while I suggest that you PM ( private message at the bottom of your screen) the GM (game master) first and get permission and see how you should enter the game. However, this site is primarily an Idea guild  so if you have any Idea's or forming Ideas it would probably suit you best to post those in Flesh it out or Idea scroll. For any crazy talk head over to [/B]Inane natter! You will get the hang of it it is nice to meet you once again!!!! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Golden Creator Item Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
New
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 03:10:09 PM »
Hi there. Welcome to Strolen.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
New
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 05:32:57 PM »
Yo.
Let me clear up a (somewhat) common misconception.
Strolen's Citadel, on it's own, is not a game, per se. It is more of a facilitator for games. People who attend this site are GMs or players of RPGs in real life, and we use this site for ideas for our games and game worlds, and to game online with others.
The purpose of Strolen's Citadel is to be a site for the inspiration and discussion among GMs, as well as players, if they so wish.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Doza

• Nomad
    • Awards
New
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 12:29:53 AM »
Thanks all of you. tis has cleared things up alot. I do play RPG alot including Final Fantasy X and X-2. They are the sort of things I like to play. Since this is the first forum I have ever used, I am unsure of what to do.

Thanks all of you, I probably post often.  :D

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
New
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 06:53:42 AM »
Well, we don't do much with video games, but you are welcome join any threads that catch your interest.

CaptainPenguin summed it up perfectly though.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
New
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 08:35:42 AM »
When I say RPGs, I mean RPGs as in Dungeons and Dragons, and Exalted, though I also enjoy videogames.

While we're on the subject, have you noticed how many "big" games have been released lately that have turned out to be disappointments? And in addition, all the ones that really are good have terrible endings. Halo 2, anyone? And Half-Life 2's ending wasn't exactly great, either.

Offline Loki

• Apprentice
    • http://symphonyexperimental.blogspot.com
    • Awards
New
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 06:11:30 AM »
hello Doza, guess who's here? LOL. Neverwinter Nights qualifies as DnD, right?
I'm a god. I can shape-shift. I can create stuff out of nothingness. I can alter the fabric of reality. So please quit being a knucklehead.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
New
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 05:19:55 PM »
No, no it doesn't.

Offline Doza

• Nomad
    • Awards
New
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 01:06:26 AM »
Hey Loki. Hows it going

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
New
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 02:04:12 PM »
::Nobody appears, not quite existing, but not quite not existing either::

No, im pretty sure that only the D&D board game counts as D&D. Not even the D&D vidio game would qualify. Specifically, this place is for the designers and builders of worlds. There is a freeform roleplaying section, and a moderated roleplaying section, and those are more for players, but aside from those, this entire site is for the creators and builders and conjurers.

For that exact reason, Neverwinter Nights (unless i am thinking of something else) is not considered relevant. You do not design or create the world. You only control your character.

If you have some video game where you create the world however, then this will be more up your alley.

Its an idea Guild. Now that isn't to say that only world builders can come here. There are plenty of ideas for those who only play characters, such as new races, interesting personality traits, and a whole bunch of other stuff. But again, Video games usually do not give you the freedom to use most of the ideas in here.

I hope i am not overextending myself in saying this. If i have said anything wrong, then please correct me anybody.

Oh yes, and of course: Hi. Welcome to Strolen's Citadel.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
New
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 05:33:22 PM »
Nobody is correct, in essence, but don't let this scare you away- stick around and learn!
Ahem... Shameless plug! The Academy