Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Dice Talk

(1/52) > >>

Kevin Cook:
My Name is Kevin Cook.

I am currently the official Guiness World Record holder for the Largest Collection of Dice

I am starting this thread as a general discussion about dice

I can also answer questions about dice should you have any

Many thanks to MoonHunter for setting me straight as to how and where to post this thread

MoonHunter:
Those of us who played table top games use dice. Having been in gaming since the begining, I have seen a plethora of strange dice and spinners. A favorite of mine was a spool like arrangement that you spun to get random numbers.  What does the strangest dice you have seen look like?

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread, now on track

One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER. One should strive to be a REALLY USEFUL POSTER.

Kevin Cook:

--- Quote from: "MoonHunter" ---What does the strangest dice you have seen look like?

--- End quote ---

As I have so many dice it is hard to say which is the strangest ... I personally dont consider any to be strange ... just non mainstream

I think that some of the ones I have designed are the most 'off the beaten path' ... then again there are some production ones that are quite odd  

Example:

TRIAKIS TETRAHEDRAL d6

or the

Gamescience D5

Michael Jotne Slayer:
What kind of dice is the most mainstream? Do you have codes for the different dices or do they all have names? If not, then how do you identify them?

One should strive to be a... really good poster. I... should strive to be a
really good poster....

Kevin Cook:

--- Quote from: "Michael Jotne Slayer" ---What kind of dice is the most mainstream? Do you have codes for the different dices or do they all have names?
--- End quote ---

The most mainstream will always be the Cubic Six Sided Die (see below)

Most Role Playing Games (RPG's) or War Games use the standard polyhedral dice shown here

Tetrahedral four sided die (d4)
Cubic six sided die (d6)
Octhedral eight sided die ( d8 )
Pentagonal Deltahedra like ten sided die (d10)
Dodecahedral twelve sided die (d12)
Icosahedral twenty sided die (d20)

To see all dice shapes I have collected to date (83 shapes) ... mainstream and non ... Click Here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version