llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Golden Sun: Origins  (Read 5283 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Golden Sun: Origins
« on: February 04, 2005, 04:07:04 PM »
The sun hung low in the sky as Isaac and company came home from the days harvest. It was a plentiful Harvest. Garet nudged Isaac and nodded in the direction of an upright log, 5 or 6 meters away. "Oh no. No. No way. I am not practising any more Psyenergy. I am too tired from all the fruit picking." Isaac moaned.

"Ok then. Watch me." said Garet. Then with a look of intense concentration on his face Garet took his stance. With one hand raised he began to move the log, painstaking inch by painstaking inch.

Suddenly, the log began to pick up speed in its path. Isaac stood there next to Garet with his arm also raised. "Two...Powers...Combine...To...Make...One."

OOC: If this game gets off the ground I want to be Isaac. Could someone else take Garet?
Yoshisism is the way to the Yosh.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »
OOC:Are there any large bodies of water nearby?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 11:06:22 AM »
OOC: There will be. :wink:

Isaac and Garet walked back to the village in silence, exhuasted by their feat. The gaurd at the gate hailed them as they passed and they acknowledged him with a wave.

As they walked through the main archway before them lay a large pool with a jagged stone jutting out from the center. they walked up to this pool and began to slowly feel their energy being replenished.

"Whoo!! I needed that! I wonder how the elders would have survived the Lost Age without Psyenergy stones..." Garet said. They pondered the possibility of no Psyenergy stones to help them."

As they walked to the rear of the village they saw the infinitely flowing ocean and thought the same thought at the same time. "Where does it come from?!?"

Offline Shahab

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 11:14:53 AM »
They sat there pondering for a whole ten seconds before Garet's stomach began to rumble. Isaac turned around to see Garet blushing. "maybe we should go get something to eat" sighed Isaac.

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 11:29:15 AM »
OOC: Garet is now your player Shahab. Stay cool.

"Allright, allright you've proved your point. Lets go." Isaac replied to Garets rumbling gut. On their way the Mayor called out of his window to the pair. "shall we go to him or pretend we never heard him?" Isaac asked.

Offline Shahab

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »
"Nah!" replied Garet "What's more important my empty stomach or that whinging mayor getting us to do some of his dirty work?"

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 11:58:33 AM »
"For Gods sake!!! Come on! He's the Mayor of Vale!!!" and with that Isaac dragged Garet to the mayors house.

They greeted the Mayor with a bow and he did likewise. He said to them "I have a preposition for you two. But after lunch. Food before work I say. Dont you think boys?"

They grinned at each other.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:10:01 PM »
OOC: The next pool of water you pass,will be the scene of my arrival. :wink:
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Shahab

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 11:19:46 AM »
Garet sits down to eat and begins to think about what the mayor said. After a while he realises that the mayor's word were completely inncocent and he was not trying the: 'hansel and Gretl trick'

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 11:55:58 AM »
The Mayor looked wonderingly at these two young boys wolfing down food like there was no tommorow. "I wonder about these children" he thought to himself as he drank his mug of mead, "One day they are going to go pop, I'm sure." Aloud he said "Come boys walk with me to the shore."

OOC: Theres your cue unless you want non-salty water :wink:

Offline Shahab

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 03:02:22 PM »
Isaac and Garet followed the Mayor, rolling their eyes. The myor had a nasty habit of coming with some hare-brained scheme for the pair. 'Prepare yourself for the speech' sighed Garet as they ambeled along.

'Boys, i want you to take a look at that see!' proclaimed the mayor 'I want you look carefully and tell me what see'

Behind the mayor Isaac ws bent double in fits of silent laughter as Garet skillfully imitated the Mayor's incessent droning

'Tell me what you see?' asked the Mayor

"We can see the great sea of desire, destiny and courage' replied the pair in a robotic tone.
"Yes! precisely!" the mayor clapped his hands together 'Now you may be wondering why i have brought you here?"

"we know quite well why we are here, you go throough this routine everytime, we remember, we don't have the memory of a goldfish!" mutterd Garet to Isaac.

Isaac, with a great deal of control, turned to mayor and said: 'No Sir! please do enlighten us!'

"Yes, of course, as you have probably guessed i did not bring you here for the scenery, no, i have a mssion for you" answered the mayor

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 09:51:52 PM »
Though the little party was not aware of it,they were not alone. If either of the boys had been vigilant enough to scan the gentle coastline to either sight of them,they would noticed something sure to give them nightmares for the rest of thier lives.

A little distance behind the mayor and the two lads and  five feet from the shore, a darks mass could be seen battling the little waves that threatened to force it underwater. Not that the dark mass had any reason to fear being submerged. Quite the contrary in fact.  Closer inspection would have revealed the dark mass to be the head and torso of a being that resembled a nighmarish cross between eel and man,a creature of water,but with limbs that could grasp and throw as well as those of any man.

Hulcha sighed,taking care not to to let himself be heard. Alone as he was,it would not do for the air breathers to hear him. Who knows what powers these bizzare demons might posses? A part of him cringed with terror at finding himself alone at last in the land of the demons. But that part of him was overidden by the part that was determined to carry out the divine order given to him by the Emperor,son of the Matriach. The Emperor was the child of the Gods of Water and only a fool would dishonor himself by refusing to carry out a command given to him by this eartly embodiment of the divine. Besides,his Eshal honor cried out for revenge. For eternity,the brave People had never ventured beyond the watery land of Tarrod,fearing the dreaded air breathing demons that infested the relams beyond. Confident that the demons would never find them if they stayed put,they had set about conquering the  lesser races of Tarrod with the arcane aid of the Cuada,the fey First Born. But their power would not go unchallenged for long. The worst fear of the Eshal had come to pass and armies of  the air breathing demons appeared out of nowhere,slaying and looting unopposed. For the first time in their long and heroic existence,the Brave people were forced to turn tail and flee. But just when it seemd as if all was lost,the Chosen arose to turn back the demon hordes and drive them back to their dry land relams. And the moment long awaited in the book of Prophecies had finally come. The Brave people would now set forth to conquer the lands of the alien air breathers and avenge the humilation inflicted on them.

It had take him long months to cross the great waters of Vaet. But now he was finally here. He had set out with fifty others on the order of the blessed Emperor of the Brave people to scout out the the demon lands for the invasion that would soon follow. They had soon split up,with each vowing to be the first to find the land of air breathers,though Hulcha suspescted there was more then one. If that was indeed the case,then he would have to share his credit with no one else,making this wretched journey worth it. And wretched it had been,with sentient auqatic life like him almost being non existant,apart from the wild tribes of mer folk that had seen. He was lucky to have eluded them,cursed pagans that they were. But in time,the Eshal would crush them too,as they had their arrogant breathen on Tarrod.

He shifted again,trying trying to keep his head above the playful waves of Vaet that kept buffeting him,in a persistant effort to observe the air breathers. For the coming invasion,every scrap of information that he collected would be vital.

(OOC:Bet you always wanted to see my Eshal in action,Joe. :) )

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 04:06:25 AM »
OOC: I ain't Joe! Vj is my mate man. Us?!? Demons?!? Thats a good one!

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 04:27:12 AM »
(OOC:Lol,Eshal think all air breathing beings are demons.)

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 01:05:52 AM »
OOC: Game dead,Joe?

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:24 AM »
OOC: Sirst of all I am not joe. Second of all sorry I have been gone a while. I tried to give up the internet for lent. I've posted so I will let you interpret that in your own way...

IC: The mayor turned to the pair, a grave look on his face, "Boys I have been worried about the security of Vale. From the whole village there is only 20 or so true warriors. So I would ask a favour of you. Would you take all those not able to fight up to the hills?"

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 02:18:37 PM »
OOC:AAAAAH!!! Golden Sun! Best game ever. I wonder have any of you guys played it?

IC: In his cave, Bane began to stir. He had been trapped under the hills of Vale for millenia upon millenia, but those foolish stickmen could hold him down no more. A deep rumbling began in his chest as he fought with his bonds. He knew he could break them. He knew he could.

The rumbling grew in volume until it had become a full throated roar. With a snap the cuffs bonding him to his throne of captivity broke. As soon as they fell from his hands they disintegrated. Released from this magical trap Bane began to feel his Psyenergy flowing again.

He flexed his fingers as though he had forgotten he was able to. Without warning he threw back his head and jeered at the ceiling.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 02:47:22 PM »
OOC:Best game ever for GBA indeed!

I would hope that at least The Yoshist has. After all he did start the thread.
Oh, and pardon me for interrupting.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 10:19:53 PM »
The biggest and obviously the eldest of the three air breathers, seemed to be saying something to the two youngsters that were probally his spawn. It might be something vital,important information. If only he could understand their speech!

Well,that could not be helped. When night fell and the air breathers slumbered,he would creep ashore and study the various air breathing settlments,taking note of their defences. Hopefully,there would be streams or rivers for him to take refuge in when the sun would dawn the next day and compell him to conceal his presence from these beings. He wouldn't enjoy it though. The change from sea to fresh water, always triggered a queasy feeling. But for the glory of the Brave People,this minor discomfort was worth bearing.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:30 AM »
Bane took a moment or two to creak out all the stiffness in his bones. He then took another moment to survey his surroundings. How would he get out? Then he felt it. Footsteps directly in front and above him. (thats a kinda diagonal upwards thing but I'm not too sure how to say it :? ) His body coiled together and he took an almighty spring at the ceiling in that directions with his fists outstretched. A violent judder and a hairline crack were his rewards but it was enough. He knew he could break through from there. Easily.

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 07:15:40 AM »
Do people usually take this long to post?  :?  I hope you havent given up on this :(  Its one of my favourite games. Here and in real life. Please dont. I BESEECH YOU[/i][/u]

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 08:57:24 PM »
Try messaging him. That might work.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 11:03:26 AM »
I have. Twice. Should we take over?

Give him a week and then...

I'VE GOT DIBS ON ISAAC!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 09:01:01 AM »
6 days remain my fellow gamers. 6 more days...

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2005, 06:37:10 AM »
Time is running out for the Yoshist....

Will he make it?