llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kartoo...Visual Search Engine.  (Read 3734 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Kartoo...Visual Search Engine.
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:23:10 AM »
http://www.kartoo.com/

Interesting, not sure what to do with it exactly but I found myself mesmorized for a little while.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 10:14:44 AM »
I find this concept to be interesting. I find their application to be lacking.  

The graphic/ analog flow through the various links of the web is interesting, very interesting.  I think it will be useful for people who are not used to searching the web in other ways. So it might be useful to a few people who are used to thinking geographically/ analog, but to those of us who think digitally or were trained in library organization (which most of us older adults were... even though we don't realize it - hence the success of Yahoo with older users) it is not functional.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 01:13:41 PM »
Library organisation... I would hate to have to know the Dewey Decimal number for a website before I could do a search for a given term.
Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Yoshist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 02:59:48 PM »
That was indeed mesmorising. I couldn't find the site I was looking for though. Good old Google for me.
Yoshisism is the way to the Yosh.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 04:24:50 PM »
Quote from: "Kinslayer"
Library organisation... I would hate to have to know the Dewey Decimal number for a website before I could do a search for a given term.

But it is fairly easy, because you would simply put in the three digit code for the general subject and sub subject via the code, then the catalog of every website in that subject area would then pop.  Of course the decimal additions would be down to the forth or fifth place to keep the million or so pages in line.

It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good. It is good to a useful member. Generating content is good.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Kartoo...Visual Search Engine.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 02:00:04 AM »
Kartoo is cool. I find myself coming back to it every now and then
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards 2011 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Kartoo...Visual Search Engine.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 03:16:48 AM »
whoa! found strolen's first citadel! cool, will be using this in future!.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick