llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Terenis] Foreboding Forest  (Read 23858 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Master Questor Elite Questor
    • Awards
[Terenis] Foreboding Forest
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2005, 12:49:19 PM »
Excellent. I almost purred. A quarrel. Now, if he had jumped me and hugged me, telling me how he loved hunters, I'd probably have peed myself. So, I was on a battleground I had far more experience on.

My gaze hardened as I faced Klanu: "I do not need to boast for the sake of the health of my self-esteem, friend, and am quite bad at joking. Tell me..." I stared at him, unblinking "...do where you come from men open their mouths just to let wind out? Certainly not where I was raised."

Little did they know that in the dungeons below Tyr Crom, the hunters kept fiends chained so that youngsters might test their mettle against them since they were but twelve or the like. I seriously doubted that he could have faced the Despoiler Shal-Mari like I did, staring into its opalescent eyes for one hour... rather, he'd fall to his knees and offer to worship it without Shal-Mari uttering a single word. Still, I did not need to utter something that seemed like yet another boast.

"Aurakh offered a serious question, and I repaid him with a serious answer. I hope you deem me ... manly ... enough to abstain from undue humor in serious matters ... of course it might be that you are simply unused to such behaviour."

I gave them all a look. "Trust me or not, I care little. It does not change who I am."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2005, 11:30:59 PM »
Ouch. That look of withering contempt must have been strong enough to blight an entire field. Not that it fazed Klanu. He had received plenty of such looks both during childhood and his travels with Bryce. They had thought him a contemptible fool too,whenever he had cautioned them against making foolish boasts for the sake of face. Boasts they had tried to carry out,filled as they had been,with the easy confidence of youth.

Most of them had died young,victims of their own foolish daring. As Klanu had learned ever since the doomed raid on Bryce's home city,it was a dangerous world out there and not respecting those dangers could get a young man killed. Seeing all the other young warriors who had accompanied him that night die,had hammered that truth into his skull in a very firm way. This arrogant young pup would do well to learn that truth too,if he wanted to live long enough to grow a beard.

He shrugged with his big shoulders,dismissing the insolent words of the pale boy,leting them float away on the wind like chaff. From the corner of his eye,he saw Bryce's face turning red. That was not good.

What had started out as Klanu's bondage,had over the years of mutual danger and risks,turned into a strong if somwhat harzadous friendship. And Bryce was very protective when it came to his friends. If Klanu did not act now,Bryce's blade would be out and the boy would find his throat tickled by three feet of fine steel.

As much as seeing the pale lad's bravado vanish to be replaced by screaming terror and uncertainty would have pleased him,he did not want Bryce to  escalate an already uncomfortable situation. He gave a slight shake of his head,urging Bryce to hold his peace.

Then he adressed the pale boy once more. ''Likewise. If you wish to present yourself as a fearsome slayer of fiends,feckless boy though you may be,I suppose it not my place to hint otherwise. But what I do have the right to say,is this. Don't get me or any one else killed with your stupidity. If you wish to fling your life away,do so. But do not drag the rest of us with you into the embrace of the Death Crone. Most of us here I hope,will do only what we  told to do and not needlessy court the Crone. If you want to go off and hunt a monster,don't lead it to us. The Gods know that there are enough perils there for us to face,without a fool like you bringing some dread beast down on us.''

Yes,Bryce would be suprised indeed. This was very out of character for someone who was usually careful to avoid confrontations. But he'd be d**ned if he allowed some wet behind the ears boy to give him any lip. He would only try to earn the respect and friendship of equals or betters,not that of his inferiors.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Master Questor Elite Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2005, 03:41:09 AM »
He considered me arrogant, , insolent, foolish ... how this reminded me of home. As Bryces face went red, his cheeks like ripe apples, and a vein throbbing on his forehead, it reminded me so much of 'father', when he was about to beat me up with his belt or just about anything at hand, that I felt ... familiar, almost comfortable.

"Now, think a little ... it's easy - I won't be leading any fiends to you, the demons will come on their own to say hello. Yes, there are horrors in that forest, or else I wouldn't be here in the first place. I was sent here to risk my life by my superiors. I will not throw it away - though it is not one of the best, it's the only life I got. I will not lose it for the sake of image ... a reputation .. a face. Images are fleeting, what more, they tend to be false, mere masks we conceal our true selves with."

I relaxed in my chair and spoke in a tone much more casual: "Now, if you don't want me to tackle fiends, I won't. Though, to be honest, I fail to understand why you'd refuse a volunteer meat shield, which is my only quality, apparently."
I smirked.
"But yes, I'm all for that. I'll leave the slicing and dicing to you, while I stay at the back, and let loose a bolt or two from my crossbow, colect a few herbs, and do the cooking... I might even scrub the kettle, bag a rabbit as not to seem lazy, and even guard the horses as a bonus."

"For sir Hashang, who, apparently (despite all the evidence), does not consider me a kid, a foolish one at that, and a liar to boot, I'll try to fight a demon, though risking my life I may be."

I stretched out a hand to Klanu, inviting a handshake: "Do we have a deal?"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2005, 03:53:14 AM »
Klanu accepted it with a faintly mocking smile on his face. ''Indeed we do. So long as you do your hunting far away from me and my friend,there will be no problems between us.''

As he clasped his big callused hand over the boy's slender one,he squeezed it a little. Not hard enough to crush the lad's hand of course,but just enough to let him feel the strength in Klanu's grip. It was a subtle warning.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2005, 07:25:12 AM »
Aurakh hid a smile with the palm of his hand , making it appear as if he stifled a yawn. He had studied the gathering of would be heroes while this little rivalry played itself out. The women seemed uninterested, as did the perfumed southerner. the flashy master of the hot tempered barbarian seemed equally quick to anger, while the pale boy was full of himself. He was probably very skilled then, as skill in youth nearly always led men down the path of arrogance.

A path I know all to well.

"Shhhh! No one here is your enemy young master. If demons are your field of specialty, I welcome your presence. Just don't do something foolish and march off on your own crusade while we are in the forest. For I was young once too, and I remember all too well the bravado and feeling of invulnerability." Aurakh smiled and held his palms towards the pale youth in the Yarang fashion, a sign of friendship and no hidden motives.

We do not need fractures and infighting on this trip either. Let youth be youth and let us all prove ourselves as best we can within the forest

"We will all get our chance to prove ourselves within the shadows of the dark forest. It is easy to see that Klanu can swing an axe, friend. As for your own abilities you will get the chance to prove yourself later. I think Klanu will be more impressed if you save his hide, rather than you pledging service to the well spoken southerner." Aurakh offered the youth a smile and then looked at Klanu and Bryce, the southerner Hashang, the Merc and the womenfolk.

Had I lived in Yarang this would be commonplace for me; I would have been an old hunter and they always maintained the peace between the sagely elders and the hot-blooded young hunters.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »
Itascia rose from her chair. Picking up her pack. Shouldering it. Watching the little quarrel was bothersome. To survive this little endeaver they would all have to work together. Get a group of men together before a quest and they'll start measuring themselves against one another. And while trying to disarm one verbally, that person was most likely to grow more aggitated and defensive.

Itascia moved to the front of the room. A change in her character. Bolder than before. A look of confidence in her eyes. Clearing her throat a bit so that she would be heard.
"Gentlemen..and Lady, I have little use for boasts and threats. For here they are meaningless." Her voice raspy but her tone serious. "The journey awaits us. And our mission is clear. To find and bring back the citizens of Falamir and the others lost to the forest. And to discover the reason for the woodland invasion."

Looking to each of them. "I know none of you. Though I do not doubt that each of you are masters in your own rights. Wether it be a master of the sword, or the axe, the bow or herbs. All of our skills will be needed. But do not speak to me of past glories and strengths. Prove your worth out there." She gestured to a window in the direction of the forest. "As I shall prove mine."

She then turned and looked to the Mayor. A bow of her head. "By your leave I shall go and make my preparations."
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2005, 05:02:11 PM »
Hashang bowed slightly towards Itasc
"I am in agreement. We waste the Gods' time and our own bickering to the candle's snuffing." He turned and paused for a moment, looking towards the mayor.
"All our bodily energies have been upset by being too hot and too close in this house. Will you not allow us to depart into open air to cool blistered tempers?"
Finally, he said quietly to Coram:
"In my land, men are made or broken at the 13th year, this being the year of  greatest growth of the spirit. You have had long enough to learn to fight vishayu, evil spirits, so I am satisfied."
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2005, 06:18:40 PM »
The mayor had been silent through the quarrel, merely facing away and watching the clock tick rythmically. He knew the importance of burning out quarrels. If they were allowed to run their course at the start, they would not be likely to begin such an argument in the forest. At Itascias words, however, the mayor wiped the amused smile safely from his hidden face, and turned to face her, nodding slightly, "Certainly. I would prefer to see you leave as soon as you are able, but I expect to see you all leave no later than dawn tomorrow." After his words were spoken, the mayor turned and walked towards a cabinet with an odd, cylindrical device planted on the middle of it. He twisted this device a quart-turn to the left, then a half-turn to the right. A faint 'click' was heard, before the door of the cabinet swung open and Leyri plucked a leather bag from it before shutting and twisting that device casually. "I have here Kèyre for your supplies." The mayor plucked out five of the spherical balls for each, silvered in hue and stamped with an intricate design of the jewelled crown of Terelar. "Twenty Kèyre for each of you. Be sure to spend them wisely. I severely doubt you will find any place to buy items from in the forest, so use it before you enter. Now go; cool your tempers, finish your business in town and set a time and place to meet one another before you all enter. Good luck." With that, the mayor turned and left, leaving the door open behind him.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2005, 02:36:03 AM »
I was surprised when Klanu squeezed my hand - not at his might, rather that it felt ... pleasant. I shuddered.

Seeing the money before me, I nodded to all, tucked it away, and went off to fullfill a promise. Rowan must have been waiting for me impatiently.

Seeing that she was provided for quite well, I took off my hat, and fished the brushes out of the saddlebags - one for my right hand, a coarser one: to wipe dirt and dust away, another, a soft one, for my left, to polish the fur and give it a healthy shine.

After planting a kiss on Rowan's nose, I began brushing her, right-right-left, right-right-left... I felt so relaxed, I had to sing. "...along they came in the dead of night, spirits high and their gazes bright; Luna wept for their desp'rate plight, wherever they might go..."

Rowan clean and content, I realized that my voice whas everything else than manly when I sung, and almost had to smack myself. Let's hope nobody heard me.

I had to get those socks.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2005, 12:38:57 PM »
Itascia collected her portion of the Kèyre. She took her portion, tucked it away, and left to take care of some business. A wary eye kept out for the one who had hung her, despite the mayor saying that little group had been dealt with already. One couldnt be too careful.

Most of the junk items in her pack was sold. Until the pack was empty, save for a metal cup and a wooden bowl. You had to have something to eat off of and drink out of. The few items, such as feathers, buttons, string, well those items had just been set to the side. Itascia had even emptied her pockets.
Itascia then went about buying supplies. A good size sack of dry grains, A very long and sturdy rope, A small cooking pot, And linen that could be cut into strips and used as bandages. She even invested alittle money into buying a sewing kit and small knives that could be used for surgical needs. Along with some thin steel picks.
The last thing she purchased was dry rations. A mix of dried meats and fruits. Enough to feed several people for a few days. After everything was bought, she went about packing it into her bag. Years of practice, everything fit. The bag bulged alittle though.

A fresh apple bought. It would be a bit rough to swallow, but she was hungry. And small bites wouldnt hurt.She had been on her way past the stables when a sound had caught her attention. It was singing.
Itascia back tracked, pausing in the doorway of the stable. Listening a moment. A frown of disappointment as the singing suddenly ended.
She bit into the apple, holding it there a moment to free her hands. Clapping softly. It had been some time since she had last heard anyone sing.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2005, 01:17:36 AM »
I swivelled around on the spot, and beheld the most horryfying sight of all: a small familiar figure standing in the sun-lit doorway, clapping. Itascia.

I swallowed, and hesitated for a bit, my face running red. "Uh ... I ... eh, was checking up on Rowan here, when a ... uh ... child from the tavern came by ... young boy, yes, young boy, he was singing ... he went ... that way!" I pointed to the door connecting the tavern with its stables.

Desperately avoiding looking at Itascia, I must have made the impression of a gazelle caged, seeking a way to escape.
My lack of socks was painfully apparent to me.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2005, 08:18:29 AM »
Itascia stopped clapping. Reaching up to remove the apple. The small bite was swallowed after a brief chewing. Raising a brow. Seeing his uneasiness. Obviously he was uncomfortable that somebody had heard him singing.

Taking a seat in some nearby clean hay. Looking up at the ceiling. "Pity, it was such a lovely song. Perhaps I should go find him and see if he might sing another tune." Another bite of apple taken.

Itascia liked singing, but with her throat like it was, she was not able to sing. She looked to him. Still noting his discomfort. It seemed her presence was not welcomed here. Itascia moved to rise to her feet. "My apologies. I did not mean to interrupt you." After time, one got use to people being uncomfortable around you. Eventually you learned to just shrug and move on.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2005, 04:44:42 AM »
Aurakh slowly rose from the council table. This was unheard of! A woman repeating his statements and then everyone responding her as if he had never spoken!

Had this been in my homeland, she would have gotten a reprimand for interrupting an older male thus. But these people do not know of our custom, indeed they seem to have no custom at all

Suppressing an urge to put an arrow in their insolent backs, Aurakh gathered his money and headed for an inn. It was time to get drunk, time to bed a woman, the finest his money could buy. Would he discover that his long period of isolation had made him like a woman? Why else would everyone treat him like one, or worse, like a bastard red-headed female child.

Outwardly calm, if a little cold, Aurakh left the building. Anyone looking into his eyes would see barely restrained anger and emotions in turmoil, the past mixing with the present. This night old memories would haunt him and only those bitter memories would keep him from repeating the sins of old.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2005, 03:45:49 PM »
Meeting adjourned. Greyson stood and collected his keyre and made his way to the doorway. Aurakh, the ranger, was walking ahead of him, there was a tenseness to the man's shoulders, and if he made a fist, the knuckles would have been white. Having campaigned with the King's Legionnaires had taught him how to read the basic emotions of men. It was important to be able to tell when a soldier was cutting up, or actually on the edge of loosing self control, or reason. He had seen that once or twice, young men unhinged by the sight and sound of a battlefield. Some would weep, others would become irrationally violent.

"Care for some company?" Greyson asked, stepping into stride with the ranger. "I've been here for a couple of months and I can tell you where the good ale and the clean women are."

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »
Aurakh got caught off guard by the unexpected friendliness, and jumped some inches to the left as Greyson came alongside him.

Look at this. I have been isolated so long that I cannot function properly in social gatherings.

"Hello!" Aurakh said, relief genuine and evident in his eyes. This was someone he could respect. No doubt the old mercenary had been around for a long time, maybe even longer than Aurakh, and of his experience there was little doubt.

"Company suits me fine, friend!" Aurakh smiled. "And so does ale and women. By the looks of it, I won't see the affection of a woman until we return from that forest. As an old veteran, I know the importance of letting out some steam before I go on extended periods of duty". Aurakh laughed and inhaled the fresh air outside the Mayor's mansion.

Air always smell best after the rain has just fallen. Perhaps this won't be such a terrible trip after all

Aurakh turned to Greyson once again and nodded, "Lead the way then friend mercenary. Let us partake in the pleasures of wine and women, while we recount our war stories and the battles we have attended. And by the way, my name is Aurakh; Yarangian hunter and veteran of the Fang wars."
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2005, 07:24:34 AM »
"It just so happens that I have made the acquaintance of the mistress and the owner of the local alehouse. In a town the size of this one, it doubles as the brothel as well." Greyson said.

"I served with the King's Legionnaires until I had an ideological difference with the chain of command and decided to go freelance. I didnt like the term acceptible losses, and the banner captain did. Havent fought in any wars, but I've seen my share of action against orcs and goblins near Deeping Gloom, and Old Calan.

"Here it is, the Golden Oar. I think it is amusing since the river hear isnt big enough for a boat, but I dont name the taverns, I just frequent them." Greyson said as he opened the door and entered the establishment. Like the rest of Cuedrim, it was small and had either seen more prosperous days, or had began to grow in the ramshackle fashion of aging buildings that were built too small.

"Allo Greyson." One of the maids greeted him. "First time you've brought a friend." she said.

"The good ale for me, maybe a bed for a little while after." he said. She nodded and turned to the Yarangian, awaiting his order.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2005, 02:30:12 AM »
As I looked down on Itascia, finally managing to force myself to make eye contact, I realized one thing as I noticed the slight notion of disappointment in her features: we had more in common than I thought. I. too, have met with gazes saying 'it's that Coram again' when I was a kid too often.

"Forgive me leaving that gathering so soon, I had to take care of my companions... they need me." I looked at Rowan "And I need them."

Seeing that Itascia was about to leave, I added: "You don't have to go... is there anything I can ... uhm, do for you? I am almost done here."

Great, Coram. You sound like what? A merchant? A streetwalker? Excellent way to begin a conversation.

"Anyway, I want to thank you for not joining that ... argument back there. To be honest, I almost had to laugh then, seeing all those self-assured men, their musk and self-confidence wafting a mile down the wind, trying to stamp down what they must have seen as an insolent pup's barking. As if I was a threat to their view of the world."

I patted Sunfire to stop him nibbling at my ear - it was all scarred from this vice of his anyway.

"Why are you joining such a group of intolerable blockheads like me for example? There must be better things for you than risking your neck." I looked at Itascia more closely, and continued: "With your hands, you might excel at crafts; your manner - you might be a page; you seem to be smart - a scholar's or scribe's post might also be open to you. Considering your frame, a courier or jockey would also be a choice... hm, perhaps you might give it a try - Rowan would carry you. We can continue our discussion outside."

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2005, 07:58:58 AM »
The apple was finished. Looking to Coram as he spoke. "It is good to have companions." A brow raised as she thought about what he said. A smile formed, giving her head a small shake. "There were too many over inflated egos in there it seemed."

Puffing up alittle bit, trying to make herself look bigger, yep you guessed it..she going to make fun of some of the people they were traveling with. A humorous scowl on her face.
"I remember the glory days. Back when I was a young pup, still wet behind the ears. This war scarred veteran took me to the side..and you know what he said to me?" Pausing for a moment, trying to keep a straight face. "Act like a big shot and look constipated...people respect that.It will win you lots of friends"

Settling back down to norml size, smirking alittle. "They talk big...let's just hope their actions speak louder then their words."

Risking your neck, a brow raised in his direction. "Yes...well. I could be elsewhere...doing god only knows. But I would rather be here. Doing something that feels right. I'm tired of taking from people. I want to do the right thing. Even if it involves a bunch of stubborn males."

Looking to Rowan a moment. Thinking. "A courier wouldnt be so bad. Just one small problem." A sheepish smile. "I dont know how to ride."
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
Due to the fact of rideable horses bieng quite costly - worth several times more than the initial Kèyre given to the members of the group, those who did not have a horse already were wise enough not to waste funds purchasing a new one. As such, the fact that Itascia could not ride was of little consequence for the current point of time.
The party went their own ways for the remainder of the day - some in groups of two or more, others by themselves. Supplies and rations were bought - some purchased more items whilst others decided to keep some of their Kèyre. Some partook in good food and pleasurable company, while others were content to eat bread and sleep in stalls.

Dawn broke to the sight of a sole figure seated just afore the entrance to the great forest - cross-legged and peering into the foilage as though trying to discern its mysteries. Leyri, the mayor of Cuedrim looked as though he had not slept the night. Rings were apparant beneath the lids of his eyes, and the same clothes worn the day before were still upon his bodice. The mayor was holding a small lockbox on his lap, the clip connected but the box unlocked. Shifting for comfort, Leyri broke his stare to glance back towards the town. A man devoted to what he does, he was awaiting his group of would-be heros patiently. Though the sun was visible on the horizon, much of the town was still shrouded in darkness, as though the shadows were reluctant to make way for day.

Somewhere, in one of the farms to the west, a cock crowed.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2005, 12:03:13 PM »
Itascia rose early. Dragging her fingers through her hair as she yawned. Hearing the cock crow. It was time. Sitting on the edge of cot as she tugged her boots back on. The room had been purchsed just for the one night. Nothing fancy. Just a small room with a cot and a table.

Stretching as she rose from the bed. Shoulders and back popping mildly in protest. Itascia dug through the nearest pack. Taking out a small handful of dried fruits and nuts. Nibbling on them. A simple breakfast. Setting the handful to the side a moment, pulling on her pack. Adjusting the straps, making sure everything was secured. Once satisfied she re-grabbed her breakfast. Heading out the door and down the stairs. Room key deposited at the desk.

Out into the morning she went. Pausing along the way to by a full waterskin. Taking a drink, the water was refreshingly good to wash the fruit and nuts back with. Recorking the wine skin, she slung the strap over her head and down across her shoulder.

Soon she spotted that lone figure waiting just outside the forest. Approaching cautiously. "Good morn Mayor. Leyri." It seemed that she was the first to arrive on this mission.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2005, 06:39:20 PM »
Hashang slept fitfully and rose with a start, as he always did, eyes fixed dagger-like on the wall of the small sleeping cell which he had rented for the night.
The vague void-landscape of his dream-meditations fled wildly from his mind like bats from the Sacred Cavern of Thishmuknm at the coming of night. He was irritated- he had not had a proper meditation since the time the day of the grubby caravan.
In addition, he thought, the poor flow of natural and body-energy that the close, hot buildings such as these promoted interrupted his thinking.
Thus, he rose in ill temper, taking up his kilt and fastening his pectoral.
He departed the inn in a similar temper, having paid properly and counted his change twice, to make sure- one could never tell with these northerners.
He left the inn as he came, solitary, and stood waiting in the central square as the rosy glow of dawn spilled across the clouds like the watered-down blood of the sky.
As he waited, he folded his arms across his chest. His eyes closed slowly. And for the next hour, he was quite inaccessible to human contact, for his spirit waited quietly on the threshold between consciousness and dreams.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2005, 06:55:42 PM »
"It is good to see at least one of my heros have not taken their money and fled, Itascia." The mayor spoke softly, his gaze remaining on the darkness of the forest. "Let us see who else is brave - or greedy - enough to take up my mission." Leyri chuckled softly, his eyes now breaking from the trees to glance at the woman. "Sit and wait, if you would. I would like to see you leave as a group, and I would like to think that you will all work as a group. there is no telling what is in that forest, but my senses tell me it is wrought with danger. I trust my senses, Itascia." The mayor fell silent once more, peering again into the trees as he awaited the remainder of the group.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2005, 08:34:03 PM »
Hashang came to them, slowly, and in an overly dramatic fashion which seemed out of character.
With a quick examination it became clear that he was not entirely conscious- he seemed extremely distracted and stared sideways as he walked forward.
His words started slurred, and became slowly clearer:

"We, I, requiring, I am required, I require a place to sit. My meditations must be continued. But I am here to follow out with my stated purpose," he said.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2005, 10:18:16 PM »
Itascia cast a glance to Hashang as she knelt down to the ground, hands restly lightly in her lap. Resting on the heels of her boots. Motioning to a spot near by. "Please, continue your meditation here. I shall not disrupt this neccessary time with idle talk." Basicly saying she would not bother him so that he might coninue with his meditation. Itascia knew that for many, Meditation was a part of their lives. A very strong part.

"It may be some time before the others arrive." Being truthful. She was not psychic, which means she did not know who was waking, who was coming and who had fled town with a pocket of money.

Her eyes half closed, slow deep calming breaths. She too knew of meditation and it's ways. Doing such before embarking on this mission seemed logical to her. It cleared ones mind and allowed them to focus with clarity. Knowing this mission would require a clear mind and calmed nerves.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2005, 11:33:32 PM »
Leyri nodded faintly in agreeal to Itascias words, not so much as shifting an eye to glance at Hashang. "We shall remain silent until others appear. I find these outskirts between town and forest a quiet place. A solitude from my duties, if just for a moment. You'll not find a quieter place near town, as the traders wake and begin to barter their wares." Once again, silence reigned over the three, as they waited.