That NPC characteristics reminded me of a table I made once just for fun.
What kind of clerk can you meet in an office?
Basic Table (1d10):
2. In a good mood.
3. Uninterested, does his job like a machine.
4. Sick of it all, considering a new job.
5. Problems with his boss.
6. Somebody just made him angry.
7. Does not like people exactly like YOU!
8. The superior is just in the same room...
9. Absolutely boring and uninteresting.
Bribe Table (1d6):
1. Desperately needs money right now!
2. Will gladly accept.
3,4 Doesn't expect, but won't mind.
5. Tries to ignore attempts at first, then see 6.
6. Gets angry and calls the guards!
It is a corrupt world, this one, adjust to your standards.
Special Effects Table (1d6):
(re-roll the Basic Table, ignore a 10)
1. Is secretly checked by his boss or someone else.
2. Actively tries to get bribed, or may blackmail them later
3. Supernatural ability - can feel lies.
4. Supernatural ability - can read minds.
5. Drunken, or under influence of some drug.
6. Schizophrenic, will change his personality in a few moments.