llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Time for some Neutrality  (Read 5459 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2003, 10:43:23 PM »
Egh... I've played with those.  A word of warning: never kill an NPC until you're SURE he's not a polymorphed dragon.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2003, 10:48:18 PM »
Heh. I love players who do things like that...

...Especially since Libros, the God of "Balance" and father of the kobold race, has an annoying tendency to revive his children from death... Makes it a pain for adventurers who think they can just wade through enemies.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2003, 10:52:29 PM »
Quote from: "Ria Hawk"
I'd just like to say: everything is relative.  I don't think you can quantify good and evil.

I say you are right, everything is relative...to the people you are playing with.  So you still get stuck with a label, be it from you play buddies or someone else you will always be defined in someone else's eyes.  And since good and evil are defined by society, odds are you will be defined correctly.

I would even go so far to say that good and evil, the labels, are the quantification of society's view of your actions.
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2003, 05:36:19 AM »
Horrible. You just take a little time off and... :shock:

Till I could answer this all, I would have to write till tomorrow. (Oops, it is tomorrow! :wink:)

Scrap the alignements for a while... most of the examples mentioned in this thread can make for nice NPC's. If I used a certain alignement-system till now... what if my players meet someone made after some other system (or none)?

*Running away creating some new NPC's.*
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2003, 06:20:46 AM »
Found a quick Character Ethics chart out there!

http://www.dreadangel.com/ethics.html

Go Palladium!
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2003, 07:27:08 AM »
That looks like an alignment quiz waiting to be coded.  :wink:

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Time for some Neutrality
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2003, 09:05:18 AM »
Hey, a general out look is a general out look.

It really doesn’t matter what system you use.  Your players should take the time to look over their options and pick the <descriptor> that best fits the attribute in question.  It doesn’t even have to match well, just closely.  Once there character has been detailed the game master must allow their players some flexibility to play their character the way they see them.

This discussion is a perfect example of how I see neutrality different from most people who have posted here.  While I do not see neutrality grossly different from the rest of the group I obviously do not see it the same.  That is why flexibility must be given to the players.  Five people can pick the same character and all five will play their
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me