llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: <rambling>Another game ended...</rambling>  (Read 1318 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<rambling>Another game ended...</rambling>
« on: December 27, 2004, 07:17:12 PM »
One more notch in my GMs belt. Another evening with the lads and ladies finished. It is so silent now that everyone has left and alone I reflect the evening. The last game of 2004 has ended and soon we enter another year. My 16th year of GMing... How long. How long will I be able to host these sessions? How long before real life devours me as it has devoured so many others.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 03:13:59 AM »
Hold out as long as you can,AG!RPing is our great passion and must never be overwhelmed by the mundane concerns of RL.

*wonders idly if he will be allowed to bring his computer with him when the army conscripts him a few weeks from now.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 06:00:31 AM »
Quote from: "Maggot"

*wonders idly if he will be allowed to bring his computer with him when the army conscripts him a few weeks from now.
I'll bet you don't. When I got conscripted I was more preoccupied with push-ups than with anything else. The military had some computers but they were either NATO secrets or old rusty machines. But hey, the internet had just been created back then and people used Mosaic for their websurfing. The websites were ridden with flaming gif's and laughing skulls... ^

Good to see you unscratched Maggot, let's all hope that the army of Singapore has invested in computers and networking. :wink:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 09:16:54 PM »
Well, knowing Southeast Asia right now...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist