llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Night Ramblings  (Read 1203 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Night Ramblings
« on: December 25, 2004, 06:45:48 PM »
The Serpents and sirens on the periphery of the slag heap. Medusa in the helium and the meta-morphic songs of the angels in volcano´s mammon and leviathan. The sylphs and her salamander. The age, the slime, the ashes. The tree of life in the forest of pieces. Acheron and the eternal conflagration of fire spread by the satellites of Moloch.

Imagine the time.

The unutterable material of time keeps within its darkest folds the secrets
of many a powerful city whose names shone over the earth before floundering under the night and within the long generating sleep when the oceans boiled to the sound of the giants rumbling breath and in the slender reigns of Sumeria, Babylon or Byzantium. There was no greater glory than that of Cemeroon... Cemeroon.
Born of the sport of gods and men uniting their innumerable thoughts in one soul, Cemeroon.
Made of basalt, porphyry, marble of meteors raised in mad towers which groped the sky where there still stalked the clouds of birth.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Night Ramblings
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:39:54 PM »
Ok. The rambling part is done. I have a vague scetch of something.
If i re-read this tomorrow and still see at least some fundament for a
world or a setting in it I will try to flesh it out, hopefully with the help of you guys.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Ramblings
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 06:08:52 PM »
The beginning

Nos awakened.
Tears appeared when as he discovered the emptiness.
He was nothing.

When he saw his own tears he became aware of himself and was filled with joy.
The tears exploded in a thousand crystal balls shooting out into the far corners of the void. There they settled.
Nos was now everything. Time passed and as the heat of the world settled
Nos became tired and fell asleep. He started to dream.
And then, from the primordial turmoil at the center of the universe sprang forth the gods, full-fledged and full-formed. Shaped from the dreams of the allready ancient Nos who continued to sleep trough the vast spaces of time.

Each of the new born Gods claimed jurisdiction over certain effects, all being equally endowed with the power and force of the cosmos.
They cooperated for the first (and the last) time to help shape the world. But some gods used their powers more wisely than their brethren.
An alliance formed among these wiser gods. They knew how to manipulate their power. This gathering of gods created the most beautiful worlds
while other gods squabbled over jurisdiction and possession of this virtue and that attribute.

They improved the lands, making them lush, green and beautiful.
And then they forged the first being. Man.

The other gods grew black with jealousy, and they thirsted to imitate them.
They spawned children of their own with no thought for beauty, compassion
or the lands their children were to live on.
Their only desire was to make them more powerful than Man. And they Succeeded. Their children were demi-gods. Monsters upon the surface of the lands.
The humans had for many ages built great cities; Sumeria, Babylon and Byzantium. As the other gods unleashed their children upon the world the great war began.
Fought in cosmos and on the surface of the beautiful lands alike.
The war was later named Om-Shalah. The Godwars.
Nos was disturbed in his sleep and started to have nightmares, volcanoes erupted, ashes spread, the earth trembled and the skies rained fire.
The scheming gods won the war.
The demi-gods named their fathers Shastralla, the true gods.
The other gods fell deep down into the dark pits of Nos's mind.
They lived on in the hearts of men, now conquered and enslaved by the demi-gods.The gods forced the humans to unite their mind with theirs and made them build the great fortress city of Cemeroon.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Ramblings
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 06:19:48 PM »
Alot more on the way. This is only a scetch yet.
It needs to be fleshed out, I am open for ideas and opinions.
Authentic Strolenite™©®