llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Scheduled Downtime: 1 Feb  (Read 93 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Scheduled Downtime: 1 Feb
« on: February 01, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »
Had a great conversation with the host today and they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. We are getting a hardware update/boost that should help the reliability of the site.

Because of this, they will be migrating the website to a new datacenter and will issue new IP addresses. What this basically means is

1) There may be very minor info lost if you post comments/submissions in the minutes between the transition. This will be a very small window so I don't see the need to close down the entire site.
2) During the transition, this site will still be here for some and others will be on the new site. As the new IPs propagate through the internet, users will be split between servers.
3) I will post "This is the old server" and "This is the new server" announcements so you know where you are during the transition.
--Once you are on the new server then everything can continue as normal.
--If you are on the old server, then inputs won't work for you.

The chat box on the webpages...not sure how it will work. It may work fine on both servers, so don't be surprised if you can chat with people you don't see on the current pages you are visiting. Everybody will eventually get redirected to the new site.

This will happen today at some point. As soon as I know more details, will let you know.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Scheduled Downtime: 1 Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »
Looks like it will be delayed but I don't know for sure. Too late here for me to wait so going to bed. Will check in the morning.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.