llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Member Summer Cleaning  (Read 1277 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Member Summer Cleaning
« on: July 05, 2004, 03:59:58 AM »
I sure hope I got the script right!!

I have purged just under 400 users from the database.

Criteria was:
-Haven't logged in for over a year.
-Signed up over 6 months ago and have never logged in since the initial sign up.

No user with any submissions should have been deleted. Just under 200 lines of code and about a dozen checks should have made sure that if you even had one idea or one comment inputted, you are safe.

Of course I saved a backup so if something screwed up and you have been deleted and you shouldn't have, I can pop you right back in. Nothing will be lost.

The post counting will go back to where it was.

Cheers.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Member Summer Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 06:34:05 AM »
There are about as many members as I expected there to be post your purge. Most of the people are fairly dead weight, wastes of memory and good log ins. We have lurkers who are here regularly, but most come and go. I don't expect uber-gamers posting mega posts every few days, but I do expect something. Sites like this only function if everyone chips in a little (and a few chip in a lot).

Heck I think of the number of sites that I visit once every six months or so to keep from being purged, and realize how many others must not be doing that.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©