llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Line-drawing improvements  (Read 1976 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Barbarian Horde

Line-drawing improvements
« on: January 19, 2003, 07:18:01 AM »
Had a bit of spare time this morning, so I've made the latest development with the mapmaker: I've incorporated a "real-time" pencil for drawing lines. Should I scrap the old line-drawing system completely or have them working in tandem as it is now? Anyway, try it out and enjoy the newfound flexibility with line-drawing.

eph!

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 07:18:58 AM »
Doh! Must have timed out. That was me posting the last message, if you hadn't guessed.

eph!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 04:40:11 PM »
SWEEET!

Makes a BIG difference and makes it much more useable. I think you should keep both options. Sometimes it would be convenient to be able to draw a long straight line. I personally would want both line types. But that new one rocks!!

Another thing I would like is perhaps the ability to choose tree, and be able to keep the same tree active and add as many of that type as I want without having to keep going back and clicking on tree.

Then the option of chosing a bigger size. and then and then and then.

You could always make a 'to do' list like me so you can keep looking at all the things you *want* to do.  :wink:

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
To do list
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 03:09:21 AM »
1. The ability to move objects after placing them.

2. The ability to change z-index.

3. Multiple instances of objects resulting from one button click.

4. Tidy up buttons.

5. objCount as global variable? Would speed things up. Just not sure that this would allow my delete function to work. Probably would.

6. Add writing.

7. View linked text windows.

8. Export.

9. Save.

10. Make sure symbols don't obscure buttons   :)
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline DaWergyling

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 04:08:20 PM »
And eph, if you choose say, a tree, then click the mountain, without placing the tree, there's a tree on to of the mountain button. Just saying, if you could, and want to, please fix that. Other than that, GOOD JOB!  :wink:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Offline DaWergyling

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 02:30:23 PM »
Another thing:
 :arrow: A lake feature? Maybe... but that's probably why you added coast. However, all you have to do is make the river line bigger... but I'm not sure what you can and can't do in flash.....
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit