llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Voyage-A joint idea by Beowulf and Maggot  (Read 23520 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Voyage-A joint idea by Beowulf and Maggot
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2004, 11:21:44 PM »
Let's try to avoid overly powerful spells if possible.The superior technology of the colonizers by itself, would be enough to awe the natives.Thus,smiths and other skilled artistans would be very welcome on board.10 cows for a steel blade is always a very welcome trade.And those natives that are agressive,would probally be soon cowed by the deadly steel weapons of the colonialists.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 06:45:05 AM »
exactly
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 02:31:50 PM »
When you say overly powerful spells, you mean like raising the dead...what about Elemental, or the power to control weather, is that ok. If not ill just be something like an assasin, or a theif. Gut besides that i like the idea, im sure gonna join.
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 03:48:38 PM »
No. Controlling the weather is about just too powerful

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 03:53:35 PM »
Oh man, alright then ill just be a assasin, that a demon...lol any way then what kind of magic  would be allowed
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
  • If only you knew how to stop someone like me.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2004, 10:22:33 PM »
Spells like making yourself invisible for a limited time nothing stronger than that or you should be working for one of the new colonies as a priest or a druid of something like that.
~Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.~

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 06:33:35 AM »
An assassin would only need lock pick spells and other things like make him silent. Not so powerful as to kill a person

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 04:08:42 PM »
Alright so when is this going to start, I'll be and assasin but not right away, ill probably show up as a traveler or a person that wants to start a store...but i i won't be a demon

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 04:23:27 PM »
will probably start soon very soon.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2004, 11:31:26 PM »
You guys have chosen your charries already? Good.I'm thinking of playing an exiled prince that has had to flee to either Caladin or Talahar to escape the assasins sent by the usurper who seized the throne from him.When he hears news of the expeditions,he decides to join them and start life afresh.Though born a noble,through the years of his wanderings,he has picked up a number of skills like farming and ranching.Hope you guys are ok with me using him.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2004, 06:50:57 AM »
Fine with me

I might be using a veteren Dejy, who was ordered by the Caladin King to be Commodore of the Caladin Expedition. Meaning he is in charge of the whole fleet of Caladin ships

Note

In order if there is any trouble, Caladin has promised 2,000 soldiers to be ready with them and mariners, my char being in charge of all these.

A power struggle is happening in Caladin as all you may know. They are right now fighting the ogres in the east and that has depleted their funds more then that of the Talaharans. On the expedition they will have about 27 ships and 10 warships.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 08:29:56 AM »
How do you guys think I should introuduce my charrie? Should he come in as just an ordinary colonialist, or as a guest of a sympathetic Talaharan noble?I'm thinking it might be more in keeping with his status as a former noble,if he got some help from a Talaharan diplomat that knew and liked him while he was still crown prince of his native land.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004, 09:22:20 AM »
I would love to join the Voyage. I would prefer to use a druidic character, though I'll need information as to what he would be able to do. From what I've read magic ability is very low-end, which is fine. I'm assuming that there would be a number of animals on the ships since the colonists would have no idea what they would be finding when they get to this New World and they would want something familiar for at least the first couple of months until they learned what was what.
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
Alright then
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2004, 02:52:36 PM »
Ok well then i have the perfect person to be
Name:Kitari
Race:Demon
History:

A young demon thats lost without his family, his swordsman ship is not very good, but his speed is excellent. He has seen his parents die before his eyes, his brothers and sisters have dissapeared in thin air. His friends killed, he has found his way to Caladin. As he looks around he notices the place is quite nice, and he would soon stay here and practrice his swordsman ship, and at the same time open a Bato Jitsu arena, and teach people how to use swords, expecially if they go out into the woods to fing iron ore mines.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2004, 05:59:05 PM »
You character is alright to use, Kalabar, just expand a litte on motivation, history and that is about it on my part.

Maggot, the last would be best to go with it seems.

Alec, join if you like for I see you have amazing skill at such things as this and you could help us expand on this.

Caladin Voyage

Of course, the Caladin Voyage Fleet will be more deleted, and less ships so they have made a hard diplomatic alliance with Anfalas in the west and Anfalas has gave them five ships at Litburn Port, the southermost city in Anfalas on the coast they will give them three ships full of supplies and two warships full of military supplies along with 500 men; 245 infantry and 255 calvary. Their route will be straight south from that point and will only stop until land in which they will attempt to colonize the newfound land

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2004, 06:48:53 PM »
My charrie Sentinel and Maggot already know of as Ressalekh that is helping the ogres. He is the diplomat that knows of the exiled prince and has sworn oath to protect him in the journeys.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2004, 06:51:17 PM »
Okay

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2004, 08:58:18 PM »
Ok,guys,here's my charrie.

Name:Prince Michael
 Race:Human

Background:Once the heir to the the throne of the kingdom of Catalon,he was exiled to the bleak border lands,after a palace coup that followed his father's death.An noble who was an advocate for the rights of the oppressed peasants of his land,Michael's departure was not much regretted by the court.Recently however,a group of ambitious nobles wanting to overthrow the King decided to bring him back to Catalon and use him as a figurehead for their campaign against the monarch.The King however,learnt about this and sent assasins to bump off Michael before this could be happen.Michael narrowly escaped with his life and soon after,left for Talahar where he found refuge in the arms of Lord Ressalekh,a former diplomat to Catalon who had come to enjoy the company of the young prince during his stint there. Now he has managed to persuade young Michael to join the expedition and in the process,try to find a new life and leave behind his shattered dreams.

Note:If you find this insuffecient,look up the character of Prince Michael under the NPC section.You will get a better picture of his personality there.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 06:31:47 AM »
good. I will post my things up soon.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 06:51:03 AM »
Use of magic in Caladin is prohibited and so, you couldn't be a druid in Caladin "freely" without being captured and taken to the city dungeons or killed right on the spot. Magic was made illegal in Caladin for they had read much of history and didn't want what happened to Kasmir, happen to them, but the laws have been loosened a trifle. Though, if a dejy sees you, which is most of the personel on these ships, they will kill you

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2004, 07:16:11 AM »
Beowulf:
Spells like making yourself invisible for a limited time nothing stronger than that or you should be working for one of the new colonies as a priest or a druid of something like that.

Sentinal:
Use of magic in Caladin is prohibited and so, you couldn't be a druid in Caladin "freely" without being captured and taken to the city dungeons or killed right on the spot.

Who am I supposed to be listening to? I would really like to play a druid in the new colonies, maybe someone who they meet over there who already lives there(native peoples).
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
Expanded
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2004, 02:51:45 PM »
Ok this is my profile Expanded

Ok well then i have the perfect person to be
Name:Kitari
Race:Demon
History:

A young demon thats lost without his family, his swordsman ship is not very good, but his speed is excellent. He has seen his parents die before his eyes, his brothers and sisters have dissapeared in thin air. His friends killed, he has found his way to Caladin. As he looks around he notices the place is quite nice, and he would soon stay here and practrice his swordsman ship, and at the same time open a Bato Jitsu arena, and teach people how to use swords, expecially if they go out into the woods to fing iron ore mines.

Reason for his parents death: His parents died because of a single person who had a grudge against demons. He was not spared in stead a strange power in his body seemed to come to life when he was about to die, in stead, the guy had went crazy and killed him self.

Why does he use swords: He uses swords because when he was a little kid, there used to be so many people useing bows, bows and arows, knives and magic. Only one person he knew used a sword, which was his dad, and because of that, young Kitari is now well trained as a swords man.

Why he ran: He ran for many reason, one of wich is that, no one was left alive, he went out to search for a reason that a power of which he has, is left with him. He wants to start a new life and be left to figure out these things on his own.

Motivation: His motivation for going on this trip, is the smile on his mothers face, before she sacrificed her life to try and destroy the guy behind the killing spree. But in the end, Kitari destroyed the guy not even knowing he did it.
((Is that about ok to the rest of you...I'll add more if you want me to))

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2004, 08:23:30 PM »
Okay, t have an illegal druid on board one of the Caladin ships would e nice.

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2004, 10:30:25 PM »
I think we are ready the new rp what do you think Maggot?

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2004, 12:59:44 AM »
Maybe we should wait for Alec to come up with his charrie.We shouldn't start the rp before he is ready.

Authentic Strolenite®©