llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Voyage-A joint idea by Beowulf and Maggot  (Read 14910 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Voyage-A joint idea by Beowulf and Maggot
« on: November 18, 2004, 10:41:01 PM »
The Story:Caladin and Talahar have always mantained cordial if not quite friendly ties.But recently,the maritime ambitions of these two strong nations have begun to grow,sparking off a race by the powerful navies  of both nations to discover exotic new lands that have never been seen before by anyone from the known world.Glory and riches await the captain daring enough to sail off into the untrod wastes of the ocean and claim the prizes that lie beyond.But beware,voyager,of the perils that you face.Your rivals will stop at nothing to thwart you and the natives of the lands you claim may not always take kindly to the arrival of strange visitors.

OOC:As you can probally see for yourself,this is just the outline of a rp rather than a fully fleshed out one.If you have any suggestions or ideas,please share them.And the character you create does not neccesarily have to be from the Talaharan or Caladin exploration teams.Any one who chooses to,can be the natives of the lands that the explorers will come across during their long naval voyage.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
  • If only you knew how to stop someone like me.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 12:58:57 PM »
ooc:I like the idea but what about and undersea voyage also?
~Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.~

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 09:51:23 PM »
We can put that in too,yeah.Discovering undersea deposits of oil and sunken relics would be almost as important as establishing new colonies.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 12:42:38 AM »
Yeah and remember your idea of the crews turning on their captains we could put that in there to.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 01:47:04 AM »
Yes,that idea does have some promise.We could always have some ambitous naval official or minor noble that decides to sieze controll of a fleet and use it to carve out his own seat of power in the wild lands.Such an indidvidual would be supported by sailors hungry for wealth and power.The captain of the fleet that tries to stop him, would either be killed or would be held as prisoner,until the time comes for him to be used as an unwilling emmisiary to inform his superiors that the King of either Calaldin or Talahar must now recognize the power of the villain and his treacherous crew.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 07:01:24 AM »
I Like the idea very much and this would be excellant to talk about.

Some side notes, people who want to join this could go to the Settings area and look up Talahar and Caladin
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 03:03:33 AM »
I'm glad you like it Sentinel.Beowulf and I thought it might be interesting to have a scenario where two nations with strong maritme traditions,try to outdo one another in creating an extensive overseas empire.After all,why try to grab land from a powerful neighbour when you can rule over simple primitives right?And there are plenty of exotic and bizzare lands that we can visit.Plenty of encouters with bizzare natives,run- in's with sinister pirates and even the possibility of coming into contact with vast empires that no one from your part of the world has ever seen before.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »
Yea, and just this little things on what to be

Dejy

One of the sole occupations of the native ethnic group of Caladin is a mariner, making up 90% of the Caladin Navy War Machine or the C.N.W.M. They are supersticous people and love greatly music and dance. They are one of the oldest inhabitants of the Camalini Continent and are known to be master spearsmen and mariners, usually in contact with Abasil to the east.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 07:05:05 PM »
The Talaharan Mariner will have to be done by Beowulf.

What if they tumble as well on some ancient ruins of a long dead civilization and find some little useful things. That would be excellant because it would be awesome to make up the things they find and if they're good enough we could make them a formal item and add it to the items list.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 08:33:38 PM »
Yeah,that would be cool.Imagine all the lost relics that we would bring home for the wise scholars to study.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 08:36:29 PM »
yea, I mean. I know Beowulf has some interesting things that could be used and polished up and so do I

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 08:48:21 PM »
I've got an idea too.It might be interesting if the explorers stumbled on this watery continent I've created.This place I think,would be a must see for any explorer that sails the high seas.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
Eshal?

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 08:58:47 PM »
Yep.You would find it very interesting.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 09:01:30 PM »
Yes, it sounds interesting read your character you had

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 09:38:24 PM »
You mean Xuhcu?

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 04:29:19 PM »
Yeah I was thinking of the two nations fleets collide in a battle over the treasure and then start a new colony after they realize that neither of them can win and the start another armada overpowering the two nations what do you think about that?

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 08:57:23 PM »
Now that is an excititng idea!Imagine the reactions of the Talaharan and Caladin crowns when their explorere return as conqurers bent on annexing them.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 10:57:01 PM »
That is very exciting, the things in which could happen would be limitless!

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 07:47:35 PM »
Yeah, the Talaharans and Caladin men unite to fight off their supressors. If anyone would note this had happened when the Thirteen Colonies in America wanted independence, the mother country responded by sending an army to supress the Americans.

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 04:13:55 PM »
Ok I have a question or two.
1. Whats the currency, you know like dollar bills, or is it like the past with gold and silver?
2 Whats the time line of this story, is it in the past future, what?
3. What kind of people can join, from assassins to theifs, or kinsmen to knights.
4. Are there demons thats are allowed to join or is it mainly a human type of game.
5. Are there any magic or black arts, like raising the dead allowed here.

Now about the watery island do you mean its like swampy or very soft land thats kinda like quick sand.

6 Are there plains or helicopters on this rp?((sorry last minute thing))
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 04:24:41 PM »
1. The currency of the Caladin Nation is at the momeny tresured silver coins, in whihc there are many. Ten silver coins, in Caladin, makes up for one gold coin and ten gold coins make up for one mythril coins. In Talahar, you would have to ask Beowulf.
2. The timeline is the past( High Fantasy)
3.Any class could join, since it is planning on colonizing new lands, many types of people would be needed, for say, blacksmith, weaver, any occupation you could think of is allowed.
4.There would be allowed demons, but demons are known to be evil and very powerful, so it would be best to be another race, like elf, human, dwarf, ogre, troll, orc, vampire, or anything else.
5.There is magic allowed, but you will have to PM the DM on what the magic is, if it is powerful.

He means that the island is made up of many lakes and rivers and like you said, swampy. So hard land, like to make a village, is a rare place.

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 04:33:14 PM »
Thanks for answering my questions.. So whats theres no gold no platnium coins...or gold silver platnium or iron ore mines around that people can find and mine them, their selves.

Most demons are evil and powerful, but an inexperianced demon is not like that^_^ most of the time i like to be evil and well experianced, but since it seems like this is not that kind of game, i would be a young inexperiancd demon, thats just trying to get up in the world.

So if its past(high fantasy) that means no guns, and no real good plains and really no helicopters.

Are there any inns and places to buy for your self, and how would you earn money...i know you can't just say you have this much...who would give out the money.

Are there any new metal on this planet, instead of the ones on earth it self. Since theres magic, how would you level your person up until they can use powerful magic like necromancing...or summoning monsters.
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 04:36:33 PM »
Thats true in Talahar they don't have mithril they have something called blood rubies and they are very rare to find therfore tweny gold coins equals one blood ruby and like Sentinel says you have to talk to me or Maggot about the magic if you would like to bring it in.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 04:43:14 PM »
It would be best wise if you just said how much yopu had, but be realistic about it. If character is a nobel, then he will be rich. If common, then poor. There is no platnium deposits in Caladin so they have no currency made of platnium. That kind of demon would be succeptable, but you would have to make a bio and send it to one of the DMs. There will be inns and shops before going and leaving on the ships so you would have ample time to buy the things you need and remember, these people are going to a new land to start a new life so they will have all their possessions right? Okay, yes there are iron ore deposits, made to make things like buildings, weapons, and other such needed things. It would matter what and who you are to see how powerful you are with magic