llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Doom Amulet  (Read 1544 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline spartanfan

• Nomad
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« on: October 24, 2004, 09:34:53 PM »
I am running a game based on "white-wolf's world of darkness". However, it is set in the "Charmed" (yes the TV show)universe. It is modern day(1998).

The main focus is on the Mage system, but there is one demon and one werewolf in the group. They're currently on a quest to find an amulet that will protect the wearer from vampire magic. They've gotten a clue that it is in (out of chacter the players have figured exactly where it is) New York, but they don't know where in NYC (81st floor world trade center). This will lead them to another clue. But I am not sure where I should send them next.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Don
"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
----Wilhem of Ockham

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 06:20:09 AM »
Welcome in the Citadel.

To repeat Maggot's  question, and your answer:

Maggot     Submitted: 10.22.04 09:03

Will the 3 sisters be in it? Will Piper,Phoebe and Paige be in it? You just can't have Charmed without the Charmed Ones.

spartanfan     Submitted: 10.24.04 22:33

No, all four sisters are in the game. Although Pagie doesn't know she is a witch. If your remember correctly in the original post. I said that it was scened in 1998. That means that Prue isn't dead, but the Charmed ones aren't the main focus of the story. They are NPC's that add flavor to the story not detract from it. I do have some that occaisonaly plays Phoebe, but she hasn't played in a while. I don't want the sisters always saving the day.  

Try to give us more hints, too: what kind of amulet is it _exactly_? Who does guard it, or use it? Perhaps it is put to some use, and simply taking it creates something bad? Who will get angry, if they take it? Who could want it, too, and appear to help them, etc.?
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline spartanfan

• Nomad
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 07:18:40 AM »

Try to give us more hints, too: what kind of amulet is it _exactly_? Who does guard it, or use it? Perhaps it is put to some use, and simply taking it creates something bad? Who will get angry, if they take it? Who could want it, too, and appear to help them, etc.?

Vampires that know about it, mostly Tremere (vampire mages), definatly want it, and currently have it.. The Order of Hermes (the people that created it) want it back.  As I said previously it will protect the person that wears it from Tremere magic. I am not sure where the amulet is at the moment.

Any suggestions?
----Wilhem of Ockham

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 08:05:41 AM »
Suggestions as to where the amulet could be?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline spartanfan

• Nomad
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 11:04:59 PM »
Quote from: "Maggot"
Suggestions as to where the amulet could be?

Yes, that would be fine and why it's where it at.
----Wilhem of Ockham

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 08:13:01 AM »
Maybe the amulet is constantly changed to look like something very mundane and ordinary,say a paperweight or pen.The only way it could be revealed for what it truly is,is to force the vampire mage to lift the illusion masking it.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 07:14:40 AM »
Then, it's logically best hidden in a collection of pens, or paperweights.

How do you sort out those 300 pens? You need someone that knows.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 10:04:59 AM »
Hide it in plain sight...
Say, it is a carpet that can expand to the size of say 7x5 feet, and shrink to become a wrist adornment. When the heroes enter the lair of the vampire, they will walk across the thing they were looking for several times  :twisted:
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 05:43:58 PM »
(hey, Do. . .  or I mean Spartanfan. It's me Ra. . . .heh heh heh)
Perhaps the amulet or rug would actually be a puzzle of sorts that must be solved to open the power to the owner. The rug would have a riddle, while the amulet would be like a rubic's cube the must be twisted in a specific order to be opened. Once opened the amulet maybe used by the one who solved the puzzle with his own hands.

What if there were consequences for turning the amulet in the wrong sequence? The effects could seemingly open the amulet for normal use, but, when used, it does the exact opposite of it's intentions. Another response could be that it vanishes and returns to the owner that possessed it last; maybe the creator of the item. This would put them back in the hunt and force them to research more about the item. Perhaps a certain sequence curses the character from ever being able to use the amulet again. Maybe all of the vampires that hold this item have all dialed this curse and are presently guarding the amulet from others.

Possible design: there could be a dial on the front with ancient Chaldean alphabet written on it, and two dials would be placed on either side with more letters; the letters would not be in order (like from a-z), but rather scrambled and repeated. Above the front dial would be a line where the letters are pushed into and taken out of to spell a word; only the side dials can transfer the letters into and out of the word line.

When the dials are turned in the right sequence"Shazam!" (or what ever.) the power would resonate within the character ready to be used. Then, once the power is used the amulet rescrambles and a new pattern or word must be solved to renew the magic.
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Where it is?
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 11:52:26 PM »
Well, maybe this can be best answered by contriving where these vampires are from. Are they all descended from the same region or country. Is there one unknown vampire that is from another place and only after meeting this character will the characters understand they have been looking in the wrong places.

This unknown vampire could be one of the following: A higher bloodline or the creator of the vampires the characters are chasing; one who is stricken with madness and kept in a deep dark place.

Being of a higher bloodline, the NPC could be using the main group of vampires as a front to throw-off those searching for the amulet. Only after accidently meeting this mystery character, or piecing together who is paying for the larger groups finances, will they find the amulet.

I like the madness bit. Once found, the characters must weed through the minutia offered by the insane character. What are his delusions; what is his mental capacity. Does he have an inferiority complex and call everyone master, or does he believe himself to be omnipotent (though he is not).

Is there a false amulet meant to be found by any nosey characters. If so, what does the amulet do? Is it cursed? Maybe it looks exactly the same but written in latin instead of chaldean. This item must create discouragement among the players, baiting them to give up the search. Leaving them with questions like: does the Doom Amulet truely exist.
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline spartanfan

• Nomad
    • Awards
Doom Amulet
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 01:17:12 PM »
I think this will help alot. I have figured out where I want to put it. I really like the rug idea. Thanks
----Wilhem of Ockham