llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Fridge (canceled)  (Read 5767 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • http://kuoletarkohtalo2.tripod.com
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« on: October 15, 2004, 04:52:32 PM »
I'm gonna stop wasting everyone's time and cancel this game totally. Better luck next time.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 05:11:32 PM »
You can RP anything you like.
But would it work?
I mean, it sounds like a real downer.
Oh well. I'll try anything once.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 05:30:53 PM »
You're right, it is boring... *Dies of boredom*
Anyways, I was going to call it "The Fridge" because of the common saying that nowadays a family is only a bunch of people sharing a refrigerator and keys. They rarely have time to meet each other. So there is a house full of near strangers combined with some family ties and a shared fridge. When we want to put an end to the game, we make the old fridge go fzzz and it's all over. But before that we have a family, including at least one parent, maybe even two (but it would be a surprise if it was a first marriage for both), and a bunch of kids. Those are the main characters that live in the house most of the time. Then we may have daddy's mistress, random boyfriends for the girls, girlfriends for the boys, maybe some of them should be homosexual, buddies, grandma and grandpa who hate each other, a psychotic neighbour that wants to come check if they really haven't drilled a hole to his apartment through the fridge wall and so on...

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 07:20:44 AM »
sounds like a mix of Reality TV, and the Sims.

My brain is mush, sounds like fun.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 07:35:36 AM »
Sounds good. Me want in.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 09:58:59 AM »
Great, do you want to start booking characters already or shall we wait for more interest first?

About developing characters for this, we must start with the core family. At least one teenager and one adult. Though seems like a younger child would not fit this game at all, by god what would happen to the poor kid in that house?! I think I might take a chance of playing the youngest child. *starts pondering for a distorded personality* Now, I don't want this to go too much like Family Guy because I hate that show... Even though I might be required to throw in some random happenings as a GM, mostly this will be all between PCs, I only kick things up if they seem to get stuck. Later we're hoping to raise so much interest people will start wanting to appear in as visitors.

Some suggestions for possible characters:
A sad girl, almost fifteen and always sighing and writing dramatic stuff about death. May leave Post It's to the fridge door, asking people what kind of music they'd like to hear in her funeral and such. Rarely talks exept when having fits, and then you cannot avoid hearing her piercing screaming.

A boy in his thirties, stuck to home, drinks beer, reads job anouncements but never makes the call, because even going to the market feels too depressing sometimes. Always getting nagged by his mother/stepmother/former nanny/grandma/girlfriend that he should straighten up. Drunk at least once a week, some times every day. Clothing: a washed-out T-shirt and long-johns, boxer shorts or warm-up pants, depending on the weather. When there is a female visitor, he is likely to pop into the kitchen, more or less naked, clutching a beer can... The chance of this being directly comparable to the female character's tendancy of feeling gravely insulted.

A neurotic character of some sort, most likely an adult, who spends time checking the best before dates on all food products in the fridge and keeping a list of them. Gets freaked out every time something is moved or brought in. Tends to keep lectures about the bacteria. Somehow others tend to get frustrated in his/her presence.

If you feel interested, grab one and start editing.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 07:08:41 PM »
YOU HATE FAMILY GUY?!

I think I've lost a little bit of respect for you, Tariel...

I want to be deadbeat kid! Me! Me be Deadbeat Kid! Me drink beer and wander around in only boxer shorts!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 07:09:42 PM »
Hold on...
No time to post a character write-up yet, but I'll get to it, I swear.

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 10:08:47 PM »
Hmm... I think I'll go with YOUR idea of the guy in his thirties. Pretty good descrip, after all... Just gotta figure out the character...

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
William 'Drunken Stepfather' Cutting
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 08:01:47 AM »
Big Bill to his coworkers and barfriends, and Step-Dad to the rest of the house, William is a man fitting his name. He stands an impressive six foot, three inches tall, and is a foreman/line boss at the local Industrial Factory, where he has worked since he was sixteen. After high school, and two years of vocational training, Big Bill entered the military and served in the marines where he was sent to Generic War/Police action in small country.

Big Bill returned a mid-ranking officer with a box of medals, five confirmed kills, and returned to work at the factory. One of his favorite expressions os the sinister 'Do you want to be 6?" Being the ladies man, Big Bill went through no fewer than three marriages, each producing at least one child. (Plenty of opportunites for other players to hop in)

Big Bill is the epitome of the stern father, bordering on abusive. Violations of house decorum can result in a harsh drill-instructor-esque tirade, or a simple beating. Big Bill sometimes gets into barfights as he enjoys fighting.

Despite being married (again), he still has an eye for the ladies, and is still a successful skirt-chaser, womanizer, and all around frat-house boy in a grown up body. He expects no less from his sons, and considers his daughters to be made of gold...or that they should act like they are made of gold.

Opens a tall boy beer, sits down in 'Dad's Chair' and turns on the TV to the local football game where he can watch some of the other guys kids playing.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 10:24:15 AM »
Ok great we have our Step-Dad... *scribbles entrance down to list* How old is he exactly? 50 to 60 I should think.

But now somebody gotta start working on Mommy. And we cannot have more than one of those boxer short boys.. unless they are twins.  :roll: Besides we need more players.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 04:53:50 PM »
well lets see about the mother...

The Stepford Mom - the smiling, pearl wearing, vaccuming Ma' Cleaver, grey haired, plays bridge with her friends, and overlooks her husbands infidelity as 'just the way he is'

Peg Bundy - The artificial mom who hasnt lifted a finger except to eat bonbons, and fight for control of the TV while screaming at the host of children, produced at the rate of one young'un every twelve to fifteen months.

Born-Again Mom - former drunkard, and drug user turned neo-christian, waves the bible, quotes her favorite evangelist, and prays for all those poor heathens who are heading straight to HELL!

Plastic Mom - Tummy tuck, face lift, botox, liposuction, breast implants, jewelry, part time boyfriends, overpriced car from former marriage, Beverly Hills attitude.

Vampire Mom - soul sucking monster bent on 1950s era values enforced with shock and awe enforcement, tyrant of the house.

Absent Mom - Late hours, overtime, working weekends, long trips out of town on business, providing the house with needed funds, and addeing plenty of time for juvenile disobedience, infidelity, and stressed-out-psycho-Beyatch

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Deadbeat Kid- Paul
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 05:48:11 PM »
Paul is a child from his mother's previous marriage, nearing his thirties and still in their house. Paul suffers from a lack of initiative- it's not like anyone is making him get up and get a job. He is usually around the house in his boxer shorts, a beer in hand, flipping channels. His stubbly beard, bleary eyes, and singular body odor give an impression of an overgrown frat boy, wandering around the home after a night of partying.
Paul isn't particularly unhappy- he's too careless and blank to really feel anything, and most of the family's troubles just wash over him. He takes a rather large amount of Tylenol for his "migraine headaches", and he gets his daily water needs from the beer he drinks. His general lack of ambition have caused a great deal of anxiety to his parents. He often flips through want ads and job offers, circling and "thinking about it", but he never calls.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 08:08:07 PM »
Hmph, good suggestions Scrasamax.. But... any interest for a mom like Ruth from Six feet under? Ok, younger, late fourties but the type that tries to smile and neurotically keep the house in order, sometimes seeming a bit odd. Ok, more than a bit. Can you merge that with something?

And should we try to get this on Moderated or just start on Freeform?

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 08:30:06 PM »
Moderated. Trust me, you want moderated.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 08:39:24 PM »
I'll add a daughter carecter later...but it's 2:38AM GMT where I am now,so I'm too tired to post a proper carecter.But I'll try and post one within the next 24 hours.  :D

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 12:34:24 PM »
I have a feeling that this is never going to get started but anyway...

Lil' Eve
She is almost six years old, she looks like a perfect princess with rosy cheeks, frizzy blonde hair and pink dresses... but has somehow managed to develop a really weird mentality. The family might be quite used to finding tied up Barbie dolls on the floor every once in a while but visitors are sure to freak out. Being the kid in the house that is a biological child to both the Mr and Mrs (or so it says on the papers, tests were never taken) she holds some sort of an advantage and has realized it quite well for such a young girl. So mainly she keeps bossing everybody around, telling them Daddy would beat them up or Mommy would throw them out on the street if they will not buy her candy. Some might be interested in adding up some extra spice to those candies to get her out of the picture for a while, but then again she's so cute that no one has tried... yet.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 12:42:01 PM »
About the background information, they live in a rowhouse (keeps the neighbours close but still makes throwing people on the street much easier).

I'm going to allow emoticons but max one per message. And no oneliners (though I don't think you would use them but new players might).

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 07:51:26 PM »
Eleanor

Eighteen years old, she spends her life waiting for her princess to come...she's lesbian, but keeps it a secret. She's quite a grumpy girl...she dislikes those who try and force her to work. A writer is what she wants to be, but all she seems to write is fanfiction and the occasional short story.Her bedroom is full of books and scribbled notes. Although grumpy on the surface, she's contented underneath most of the time, but is worried.Worried that one day she could end up on her own.

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 04:52:27 AM »
Johnny
"Hi! Buy me food... Or else."
Young. Six or seven, or so he says, but he's really five. And really overweight. But... He's his daddy's pet, in a way, and so he get's what he wants. Childish, threatening, but quite intelligent.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »
Phoren... unless Johnny and Eve are twins, then Mommy will be really mad... having to support a bastard carried by another woman. Ã’_o So how is it? And are you reading what other people post?

Offline Phoren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 02:11:10 AM »
Yes, I am. Be quite interesting though if he was a bastard by another woman.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 02:37:40 PM »
>Phoren That might explain why we have no mother at the moment. Maybe even though Bill is married the wife isn't exactly happy with the idea that the old guy had knocked up two women in quite a short time. And this gives us a sibling rivalry case of the worst type. ;)

People, do you think we could start without a mother? Maybe she just had a nervous breakdown and walked out?

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 07:52:59 AM »
Blah, dead topic... *Dies of boredom*

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Fridge (canceled)
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 08:27:02 PM »
It happens.
Look where my Empire RP went, eh? And Treasure of Set?