llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Race X: In the works.  (Read 1059 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Quillion

• Nomad
    • http://www.pencilpushers.net
    • Awards
Race X: In the works.
« on: October 07, 2004, 12:23:04 AM »
Moonhunter suggested I bring this over here, since I never turn down help I can use here I am.

I thought I would do some mindless ramblings since I am struggling wih a concept I have in my head.

Race X is caste dominated race that has a mystical bond to exotic creatures and plants, and a viloent conflict with non-magical creatures.  To this end Race X have become the great merchent-traders, Garmers, Herders, Hunters and Fishermen of The Last Dominion.  Race X lives tend to be wild and exotic.  They have a deep mistrust/hatred of anthing not touched by magic, they are perhaps the most dangeours when they use their mystical bond to convince thier beasts to go to war they are a dangerous and deadly foe.

Personality: Pride (these people care little for true honor as they are only intersted in saving "face")  Spicifically in which caste they belong too even slaves take pride in their caste seeing it as the most numerous and the most powerful, Greed (race x hoards wealth and magic in the same fashion that a dragon does, it is the prestige of holding what is valuable that matters, they are not misers) though perhaps hedonistic is a better word than greed, lustful might be the best word to discribe them but more for the experinces of life than for sex.  Innovative: Race X is always looking for something new to do, something they have not experianced before. some never use the same spell twice, some are always looking to improve what they do well, but Race X is never satisfied because there is always room for improvement.

Physcally Different:
not a clue as of yet.

Relations: Hate humans and natural animals  (though dire animals and dinosaurs are well loved.)  They have gone to war with the human nations many times over small and pety disagreements. all most every other race is well tolerated.  They have a deepest respect and love of the Taurians, they tolerate but are antisocital to the black trolls, and are often subsurvient to the Hags.

Race X Lands: The have built a  large compound a massive sprawl completely unlike a city it has a deep subterrean stronhold hidden a mile beneth the earth  called Adamantdeep. To the the north part of the vast urban expanse is the Kold sea on the edge of a massive freshwater bay to the south lies a vast plain whre Race X grazes their herds.  It is said they hold the Horn of Plenty in the Fallen Kingdom, so rich are their food resources ,  The work here is year round for the Boundcaste (slaves), stoping only 13 times a year for religious holidays, when the winter season comes, many farmers become fSerpenters (fantasy version whalers that hunt sea serpents) upon the high seas  this expance is constally patroled by members of the Warcaste (military adventuring companies, organized in a manner similar to the samauri but not limited to swords),   The Country is ruled by an ologarchy lead by the Foremost, and the Chosen Conclave  who are comprized of the leaders of the 6 castes

Tractcaste  privilaged to own land
Warcaste: privilaged to beari arms and spells of war
Rootcaste: privilaged to own an idea.
Vicarcaste: privilaged to speak for the advesary an the worldsmith
Bancaste: forbidden an privligies, have become money lenders an traders.
 Brutecaste: privilage to own herds of magical beasts
Boundcaste: compelled to serve (slaves)

One can only leave ones caste by being adopted into another caste, being exiled (bancaste)by the conclave or being chosen to serve by your own caste, were by you become boundcaster. Even outsiders can join the caste system and become an excepted member ot the culture and each of the caste holds favored members, human can only be adopted by the bancaster and boundcastes.

Religion: Race X worships a change religion that teaches a cycle of serving the universe as the worldsmith intended it to be  they believe that the worldsmith and the advesary move in concert. In the same way they believe that the ennwrathi and mortals must move in concert.  Race X believes it is in the Cycle of The Last Dominion and the when this cycle ends either the world will enter the Immortal Cycle or the Ennwrathii Cycle.   The Vicarcaste is deeply favoring the thousand year Ennwrathi cycle as they have obsurved the signs and portents.  Race X will fallow the Advesary  so as to survive the coming storm. This is not a matter of good vs. evil this is a matter of survial. If an entire people die what good are your principles. Omens do not lie they say.

Names I will be using a number of names from my new language
 Avton, Brenncis, Cozimir, Duson, Evalin Gavril Idania Jonco Kisha, Lenka, Marijke, Nijole, Oksana, Pavel, Rumer, Stesha, Tana, Vrad, and Zvorina

Family names exist with castes but your caste name serves as your surname with you family name serving as your middle name.  You can serve two families within a caste (there by having two middle names) but not two castes.

Each having a type of work they do within the caste. Adoption is more common than you belonging to your birth parents in this society your proffesion is your family.

Example Gavril is a member of the Warcaste, he was taken in by a famil;y of assassians, in the fallen tongue “ubika�

So the characters name is “Gavril Ubika Warcaste�

If he later joined the family of spies he would be known as

Gavril Ubika Kriv Warcaste

Most Race X demand that their full and proper t

The character name section is going to be something a bit longer than most.  

Adventures the Warcaste are the most likely.

Some mindless thoughts about Traits and other mindless thoughts.

We know that this race is going to be decended from Echedna "mother of all mosnters",

We do not want to do Stat modifers.
Steve "Quillion" Russell
www.pencilpushers.net
Mythical Gaming.

Coming soon from pencil pusher publishing (3P)
13 Reenvisioned Monsters pdf series
Here There Be Monsters
Nights of Fire Adventure Trilogy

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
A couple of questions that would help me expand upon this...

Where did they come from?

Why are they confined to this one city/ space? Why have they not spread out?  Is it a religious things or are they slow breeding and they don't have population to do more space?

So they, mechanically, should be the same as Humans.. without stat mods or specials. Is that correct?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Quillion

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 04:35:55 PM »
Where did they come from?

Race X is a mythological race and a created race they did not evolve or migrate.  Over 1000 years ago the mother of all monsters, Echedna mated with the Samel, the fallen angel of magic.  She spawned a thousand children from this mating.  The First thousand formed the foundation for Race X.  

Why are they confined to this one city/ space?
It is not their original homeland.  That is somewhere to the east, it is known that a dramatic change occurred in the homeland this change is referred to as “The Final Fall.â€?  They and a large number of what the western states call “monstersâ€? invaded the eastern kingdom and caused its utter destruction and collapse, this area is now known as the fallen kingdom.  Race X has settled in the northern plane and their sprawl spans an area some 100 miles wide surrounded by their great herds and farmlands.  Due to its status of success and prosperity, it seems That Race X is enjoying the easy life.  Most families currently have only one child and many have chosen to adopt rather than have children as many feel it disrupts too much of their life to bear children.  They are not confined, they choose to live for now.  They are consolidating and enjoying their success.  Give them one to three generations and they will begin a war of expansion.  For now, it looks as if they will not side with the angels and will look to the western states of man.

The are they cover is quite large but we are talking about a continent here.  They likely hold a state as large as Ohio with a single sprawl.

Therefore, they, mechanically, should be the same as Humans.  Without stat mods or specials.  Is that correct?

They will have special abilities but no stat modifiers; I feel that falling back on stat modifiers is way to easy.  I want to do something more original.  I am looking at their bond with magical creatures and the magical functions of being a member of a certain caste.
Steve "Quillion" Russell
www.pencilpushers.net
Mythical Gaming.

Here There Be Monsters

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Caste
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 09:32:31 AM »
Given their non-human status... then every caste could be physically different (variations on the basic form).  There could be a ceremony that bonds someone to a caste, changing them physically.

I am seeing these people as repteloids- Scaly, riged, skin. Tail could be an option. They might have a second set of arms, or they could be vestiginal. Their eyes could be more mammal like, to improve their vision.

So the caste change would enhance given traits.  The WarCast would increase the size, thicken the skin, make ridges more pronounced. Brutes would be more flexible for riding. Vicars would be smaller, with serious head ridges. Banes would lose all their special advantages and be "average", just like children.

Beastbonding could be interesting. Some of the Beastbonded herd owners would work with WarCast, so they could use their critters in warfare.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Quillion

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 09:40:31 AM »
I have been thinking more marsupial than reptilian.

I like the idea of varient traits, I would probably do it as backgroud feats rather than major diffrences.

I might also make a customizable racial class 1-20 based on caste (similar to totem warriors and champions
Steve "Quillion" Russell
www.pencilpushers.net
Mythical Gaming.

Here There Be Monsters