llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Concerning the Drow  (Read 6788 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« on: September 14, 2004, 12:16:18 PM »
I was inspired by Nappos recent posting of the ruined city of Omelas that was destroyed by the drow.

http://www.strolen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24571#24571

If anyone is interested in jumping in, by all means do so, but a word of caution first.

NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS! NO ASSASSINS!

If you read the following and are interested in expanding the perception of the Drow, by all means join in. If you are thinking of playing an assassin, or sorcerer, please dont, that is what this is trying to get away from.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 12:17:14 PM »
Ahadi took several steps into the ruined citadal that had once been Omelas. The main street seemed fairly clear but a short walk into one of the nearby buildings brought the truth to light. The furniture inside was mostly broken timber now, the hearth cold and the bodies...the bodies were everywhere. Some had clawed at their faces in their dying moments, as the disease savaged their flesh, destroyed their minds with fever and delusion. It was the will of the Praetor that Omelas be lessened lest it threated his own home, in the earth below. That arguement hadnt sat well with Ahadi, but it was his duty to serve and obey, not to question the ways of the Praetorians.

He stepped over the body of a rotund man, and in doing so almost lost his footing. he had stepped on the corpse of a girl, not more than six or seven years old. He qualied for a second, his heart sickened by the blatant genocide against a people who did not even know of his kind, living beneath their city. Who was this man, this girl? Did they live with malice in their hearts or were they simply in the wrong place at the wrong time? Questions were bad for a soldier.

The bell of the city rang. He lifted his paper lantern, casting its blue tinged light into the corners of what used to be an inn or a tavern. He was struck by the thought of the same happening in his home, in the small cavern that had been filled with pillows and the men would come and drink the small bottles of heated mushroom wine and laugh and sometimes girls would come and dance. Some girls were the randy kind who danced in a lewd manner, thrusting with their hips, tearing at their clothing until one of the men succumbed to lust and grabbed her and bore her away with gold coins falling on her taut belly. Others were better, some were striplings of children who would come and make at courtly dancing and sing in sweet voices. They never recieved gold for their performances but more than once he had laughed and clapped his hands as a child in a silver smock sang the songs of old, twirling about like a merry top. Those he woud give a few silver coins and a fatherly pat on the head.

"You are thinking, Ahadi." a fellow drow said. It was the commander, subordinate to the Praetor, Azriel. Even for a drow, the man was cold and merciless, and would fashion himself as an assassin, and a mercenary. It was all Ahadi could do not to spit on the mans boot. Azriel, his new taken name upon being raised to the rank of Commander, had been one of the plaguebearers, one of the men who wrought this suffering, this agonizing and black death upon these unwitting people.

"You should try it sometime Naulo." Ahadi said, using Azriels birth name. There was the whisper of steel against leather, he had touched a nerve there, but he was feeling reckless.

"You know my real name, use it." Azriel said, his sword fully drawn. "Are you feeling sorry for them, Ahadi? That is why you will never rise above your station, you are too bound by such petty emotions, perhaps if you were to devote yourself to the goddess you might do better for yourself."

"And become a spidersworn piece of offal like yourself?" Ahadi asked. He feitned to the side, Azriels strike going past him. Ahadi was the shorter, and quicker of the two warriors, and had actually seen combat whereas Azriel had only stalked and killing the unsuspecting and defenceless. He drove an elbow into Azriels side, knocking the commander of balance and almost causing him to loose his grip on his sword.

Ahadi drew his own blade, a battered and knicked warblade that had been in his family for generations, and made his own attack. Azriel staggered back, clutching at a bloody wound in his side. The strike had been wide, and had only cut along the ribs, painful, but not life threatening. Azriel made another thrusting attack, but Ahadi turned it away with his own blade. Rank and skill had nothing to do with one another, Ahadi thought as he pressed again, this time, the blade bit deep into Azriels soft belly. There was a spill of blood and the hard-ass dropped his sword in time to catch his own intenstines as they started to spill out of the wound in his abdomen.

The drow lay on the floor, his face breaking out in the sweat of a man going into shock. The haze of battle, adrenaline began to subside and Ahadi was struck by the force of what he had done. He had struck a commanding officer, and one of the spidersworn. He didnt know how far up among the spidersworn Azriel was, but the cult of the goddess had a way of extracting revenge from those who harmed their followers. He would be excecuted either by the Praetorian, or by the fanatics. his heart raced and his mouth went dry.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 10:50:09 PM »
The city seemed barren of life, for though their were bodies piled like mounds of festering maggoits in every direction you turned, all of the faces were pulled into a twisted expression of horror like some strange pupeteer had played with them upon their dying breaths.

From a silent alleyway stepped a woman. She was dressed scantily, her abdomen bare with little more than a thin crimson skirt that was held up by a simple knot at her hip. Her chest was covered by a similar coloured halter neck top that plunged low revealing more than any modest woman would allow. Her hair was dark and sleek hanging loosely over her shoulders. Her eyes were strange, mostly blue but seemed to have a violet hue to them. They seemed cutting, an accusation in each glance. Though she seemed defiant a certain aura of fear hung about her, as if asking why she had been spared whislt others had died their bodies slowly eating them from the inside out.

Her mother had died when she was young, her body consumed by a disease one of her patrons had generously given her. She did not know what became of her father, indeed she did not even know who her father was, neither did her mother she concluded though sometimes she would spare her daughter a glance, one of perplexity and it would leave her raven haired daughter wondering. She had long lost the innocence of childhood and the carefree abundance that went with it. The hardness of her profession and the brutal knowledge of the reality of life was to blame, though in a way she embraced it. Had it not done well for her? She concluded. She lived whilst those who had looked down upon her before were dead. She stepped into the street hearing the first noises of life as booted feet crossed the cobbled ground. She slipped around the corner the garish constume jewelery at her neck making the slightest "chink" as she moved. SHe heard feet comign and looked both ways. Unable to get back into the alley she stepped inside the first doorway she found. An inn and an old workplace. But the bartender had kicked her and 'her type' out when he found they were making more money than he was. She stood with her back against the closed door whilst her eyes began to readjust to th edark. It was a strnage thing, she liked the dakrness, loved it's ability to mask everything, hide what you did not want to see and let you pretend something else was there in it's stead. It had been her saviour many times, but perhaps not so now.

She gave a startled cry as she realised there was someone in the room. And the smell of death made her stomach nearly come into her mouth, for there was more than the smell of death. The smell of blood and the sickenign smell of half digested food. She had witnessed murder once before.  A macabre display of heroics had left one man dead with a puncture to his stomach, emitting a smell like one found in the sewer regions, and the one similar to here. She picked out a figure in the room and stood waiting for the violence she was sure was to come, people did not look kindly on witnesses to their deeds.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:01:17 PM »
Ahadis eyes shone in the pale light cast by his paper lantern. Azriel groaned and made a retching noise, if he was tended to he would survive, it was gory, but it was a wound that would kill a man slowly. He looked up as a woman entered the barroom. He felt his blood congeal in his veins, one of the surfacers, with their strange pinkish white skin, and she had coal dark hair. The Cult of the Goddess claimed that all of the surfacers were monsters, narely more than savages who long ago used their blasphemous sorcery to drive the noble drow into the underdark.

Since he had been a boy, he had been taught that all surfacers were born of putrid incest, and were sated with cannibalism, and would capture lone drow to take to the surface and make sacrifices of them to the goods of wood and stone. What terrible spell would rip into his flesh, sheets of red hot flame, javelins of sky-fire? He braced himself, at least a death by a surfacer would be quicker and less painful than the slow death by torture and spider venom that awaited him if he stayed among his own.

She looked frightened, once he was able to look past the pale skin and dark hair, her features were not as barbaric as he had expected, she was not unnattractive and did not bear the marks of inbreeding as he knew them.

"I am not your foe..." he said, with trepidation. One handed, he resheathed his sword and showed his open palm.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 11:44:39 PM »
Lucanus had been out collecting much needed herbs when the attack began, somehow, by influence of the gods, he had been blessed with a resistance to the plague.  But Lucanus was not a chemist far from that, he was a monk.  A Teras Kasis Monk to boot, he made his life training in the ancient religion of Teras Kasis that mixed unarmed fighting with a mysterious belief in that physical perfection brought spiritual perfection.  

Lucanus was the sole living member of his order, his brothers had died cruelly debilitating unable to achieve their spiritual dream. Dying as crippled little measelings, pale shadows of their formers selves.  It had galled Lucanus to watch the them die.  He had tried everything but when he had called the doctors and the chemist even they themselves were sick and refused to help.  He had done the best he could for them but they all died.  His best friend Patrico had died in his arms not hours ago.  

Then they came the most terrible things he had seen in his life, he didn't know what they were untill he heard them talk.  They had brought the plague.  Lucanus could not contain himself, he set on them with unabided wrath.  All he wanted even more than spiritual salvation was their blood.  He wanted have all of their blood on his hands.  He wanted everysingle one of them dead.  He already had eight of their number on his hands.  

He wore only a pair of capri pantaloons and leggings.  His hands were dreched in the blood of the of his foes.  Lucanus hadn't been able to attack them alright but preyed on them like a wolf, picking off the weak and the few.  

Lucanus had followed this pair into a house but stopped when a woman had snuck in.  He didn't here her screams so he followed slowly, but graceful bulk isn't stealthy.  His six and a half feet of height, broad shoulders, and rippling muscles eclipsed the doorway.  Then he stopped an odd sight met him.  A bloody enemy, a dead enemy and the woman. He stepped out of the door into the room.  

"You killed your own? Maybe you have seen the errors of ways?" He asked, befuddled.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 12:56:29 AM »
"One of my own? Errors?" Ahadi said, taking a step back, there was another surfacer, he was outnumbered now. One did not seem so dangerous, she seemed to be dressed like a uuriz girl, but the other was a hunter, a fighter.

"He is not one of my own, he is Spidersworn." To accentuate the point he turned his head far enough to spit on Azriel, still groaning on the ground, but unconscious. "My name is Ahadi and for striking him down, I have forfeited my life among my kind. If I return home, other spidersworn will hunt me down and kill me. He was one of the men who carried to plague seeds, this is his work, the will of the spidersworn..." he said.

"This was wrong, these are not the enemy of my kind, not laborers and women and children...this is atrocity."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 03:24:16 AM »
The woman let herself untense slowly as he sheathed his sword, her confident manner returning upon it. She had been told stories of these people. Her mother had not had the hatred of them that others possessed but she had spoken lowly of them.

Kali, as was her name did not let her eyes slip from him even though the groans of the unconcious man beside him writhing weakly on the floor should have been distraction enough. She would have said something but for the appearance of another man, a monk if contextual knowledge held any reality these days. She stepped aside from them , as if getting out of the way should they decide to attack each other. The contempt from the monk towards the man was evident until he seemed confused that the death like man on the floor seemed to be of his origin. She looked between them and saw cruelty in the face of the man writhing on the floor but not so the man who stood looking at them now.

"It is atrocity" Kali agreed looking him in the face. Her education was obviously much greater than that of the common woman in her line of work and her formal tone indicated it even more so than her words. Her tone lacked the fear that her eyes revealed and she was thankful she had always been able to speak so strongly. "What will you do?" she asked him knowing the predicament he had placed himself in. She played nervously with the knot at her waist as if self concious though her stance would normal belie that fact. "If you are not Spidersworn...what are you?".
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 09:54:41 AM »
"No, I am not spidersworn, I am not one of those fanatics. The Goddess is real, but I do not worship her as Lloth the Destroyer." Ahadi said, everything he had been told about the surfacers didnt seem to fit now that he was speaking with two of them. The one dressed as an uuriz girl seemed intelligent, and the women of that profession at home were often illiterate, and otherwise ignorant.

"I am...was a soldier of the underdark. We were told that Omelas was going to destroy us with her unnatural sorcery, pour liquid fire into our homes to burn us alive. The Spidersworn concieved this plan, this atrocity. They volunteered to carry the plague here, and mny of them volunteered to be part of the occupation force." he said.

"Which is why I would like to leave as soon as possible, well over half of the soldiers in the city are spidersworn. He is something of a leader among them." he said tiliting his head towards Azriels prone form.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 06:00:44 PM »
Lucanus nodded for a second, "Go if you must then, this was my home, this was where I lived.  Your kind has defiled this place where it welcomed all.  I don't know what you will do nor do I care.  I never planned to hurt you before this, but now..."  Lucanus paused the vehemence of his words was fightining even to him, he had never felt this way to anyone before.

"Now I want blood.  A debt of blood can only be paid in blood.  Your debt has been paid with the deaht of this abomination." Lucanus spat on the corpse, "But for me my bloodthirst has only had a few droplets of taste, and I will drink deeply before the day is over."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 07:59:08 PM »
The woman looked between them, obviously doing some hasty thinking, "I have oft felt the scathing and hatred of my own people. It is worse than having 100 enemies screaming for your blood" she looked at the monk breifly before returning her eyes to the other. "No one should feel that, the penance you have already served in knowing you have as good as killed one of your own and the many people of this city, this guilt should be enough for any normal man" she looked  at him carefully. "They say to help another is a virtuous thing, I do not know if this applies in these circumstances, but if you give me your word you will not harm me I shall lead you out of the city...new life can begin for anyone away from this?" Her last words were part inquiry, part optimistic statement and she looked at the ground biting the inside of her cheek.

She looked over to the monk, "And what will you tell them? Perhaps you should also consider escaping it would not be wise 6to be found next to an almost slain leader, if indeed that is what he is".She raised an eyebrow and fell silent.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 10:21:25 PM »
Lucanus stuggled briefly with himself, "I. . ."  He couldn't decide what to do, if he stayed he would die, the order would end.  Was his personal vengence worth the end of the Teras Kasis, this way of life? Was it really his right to choose to end it?

"I.. You're right there is nothing left here for me." Lucanus seemed to shrink his energy expended, he looked dejected and weary as his rage left him. "The Order has should continue, I will follow you out of the city. Ready?"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 07:21:01 AM »
Ahadi bowed to theuuriz woman, her words were those of an enduring soul, one that had seen the darkest side of life and had survived. To remain in the city was to become one of the dead, and Ahadi had no intentions of dying this day, or any other in the forseable future.

"I swear on my ba that no harm will come to you from me." he said, one of the more binding, but not most binding oaths of his kin. If he broke the oath he would suffer in perdition before being judged.

"Lead us from this place of the dead."

OOC: Azriel is not dead, just really badly wounded.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 10:13:02 AM »
Kali nodded accepting his oath. She walked instantly to the door opening it a crack to peer outside for the presence of others. Finding none she nodded to herself and looked at them before suing her hand ot usher them forward. She opened the door and slipped around it's corner, beckoning them to follow she dipped into the alleyway she had come from previously. She stooped low playing with a grate covering smallish window into a basement, a kind of ventilation. Moving it aside with little noise it was evident the rusted metal had been oiled at it's edges for such silent comings and goings.

Once they were inside she stood close to them whispering, "these are the small basements of the houses above, each one joins unto the next. We can follow this line along to the end row and one set of gates is but meters from it. There is a guard house, elaborate and heavily guarded...but useless now with none manning it, at least that is an optimistic view. Would your people make use of it?" she asked Ahadi strategically.

Without waiting for the answer she led them further along the corridor, opening and closing doors before and behind them. Some of the rooms were lavishly decorated with velvet like rugs and throw pillows adorning the ground. The lamps were hung with garish beaded nets much like the jewellery around her neck, and it left no doubt to their minds what these rooms were used for. Finally they reached the last room, the last door had a staricase leading upwards and a sturdy door at it's top with heavy cast iron hinges.

"This door leads into a parlour. There was a curtain hding the door form vewi last I saw and I hope for all of our sakes it stil hangs there now". She nearly jumped at the cold of the door's handles but kept a firm grip pulling it open towards her and looking out. Thankfully the red curtain remained, and Kali knew beyond that a window with a veiw of the blessed gates and guardhouse. She stepped back towards them pulling the door almost closed a small smile of releif evident on her features, "The gates are opposite this building".

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 02:39:55 PM »
"If it was I handling the occupation of this city, I would have soldiers posted at each guardhouse. If you hold all of the ways in, you also hold all of the ways out." Ahadi said as they moved from basement to basement. "But the commander is almost assuredly spidersworn, and as you can hear, ringing the city bell seems to be more of a priority than actually occupying this city." he said with a note of distain.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 05:54:20 PM »
Lucanus nodded, he had never been in places such as these.  In fact he was not that wordly at all.  He had been to the market and had been in the surronding woods oftern but other than that the grounds of the monastary had been his life. He looked around a little confused.  "Interesting? Let us make our escape before the become aware of their errors.

Lucanus felt a little ill-eased by the place they were in, with the dark places and nooks and crannys.  Anyone could be watching them.  His head craned around every so oftern checking their rear. His expression was plain to read he was worried.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 07:45:33 AM »
Kali nodded at them. "Well perhaps their stupidity will give us time to escape" she said with an optimistic tone. Looking out again she pushed the door full yoena nd stodo at the edge of the curtain. She duckd low and opened the door that led outside and ensured there were none about. She ushered them forward then ducking and weaving as only one who is used ot escaping others eyes can do. She made it to the guardhouse easily. Peering through the window she saw it was empoty and that the lantern from the other night still burnt, though dimly in it's glass confines.

The gates were within her grasp and she walked calmly past them looking into the dense woodland they were faced with. it stood across a wide road, deeply rutted from the passing wagons. She did not look behind her to see if they still followed but stepped into the woodland her crimson skirt visible for a few feet before dissappearing altogether. Here she waited for the approach of their footsteps. Questions on the tip of her tongue.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 08:13:08 AM »
"Ho, Ahadi, have you a prisoner?" A lone drow called to Ahadi, as the Drow soldier was abysmaly poor at sneaking about. The drow thought quickly, Maril was not spidersworn and he could not draw his sword against him.

"Maril..." Ahadi said, gesturing for the monk to head into the woods. "Azriel has been badly wounded, he may be dead."

"Well, then the world would be a better place then." Maril said, starting to notice Ahadi acting strangely, and the fact that his captives were quite in fact escaping.

"I struck the blow. My life has become forfeit. Go and tell no one you saw me, or the spiders bite my fall on you in my stead. These are survivors, they are going to help me escape..." Ahadi paused, he felt his heart rise in his throat. "Maril, dont let them hurt Sula, please take care of Sula and Avar..."

Maril seemed frozen, a slow look of acceptance appeared on the drows face. Ahadi turned away from his friend and headed into the woods.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 05:20:59 PM »
Lucanus looked at the drow Maril he was dumbfounded it looked and Lucanus continued.  He shook a mild hallucination of the carnage that flashed in front of his eyes and the screams that filled his ears from the monatery.  Lucanus should have died with them, if only he hadn't been away when they had come, amybe he could have saved someone.  

Lucanus approahed the woods following Kali like a sheep followed a bellwether.  He couldn't shake the images from his eyes, eviserated bodies, heads removed from their bodies, even the children had been mutilated.  For a second he felt like going back to the drow and using his hands to rip the creatures black heart out.  Lucanus stayed himself and rested against a tree.  He breathed very slowly and focused himself.  Slowl the images cleared form his head, he felt he could see again.  When he opened his eyes Kali stood there like some fanastic forest sprite, in that garish comstume.  

Lucanus rubbed some of the dried blood off his hands, it flaked off but his skin was died a a darker color where the blood had been.  "How?  How do you stand the pain?"

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2004, 08:06:44 AM »
Kali leant against a tree opposite Lucanas watching him flake the dried blood from his skin. He asked a question and Kali unsure whether it was directed towards herself looked at him squarely answering, "There is no other choice. What you cannot repair you learn to live with. How does one stand being blind? Handicapped? Hated? Despised? They are all feelings that you can learn to ignore...Pain is no different". She studied the forest floor critically before gazing up to see the darkened patches of skin that had been stained on Lucanas's arms and hands.

She gave a long sigh her azure coloured eyes roaming around the small break in the trees before settling on Lucanus again. He was very tall she noted for the first time, it was accentuated by the broadness of his shoulders. It was hard to believe he was a monk, for his fitness levels and strenght belied any weakness or passiveness most would observe in a monk, yet in his own way he contained his emotions well. Kali studied his face before saying, "I am Kalianah, I presume you also have a name?". She listened for the approaching of footsteps that would belong to Ahadi

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2004, 11:39:04 AM »
"Yes, my name is Lucanus Rumius. You can just call me Luke, I can see how you wonder some one like me is monk?  I'm a monk of the Teras Kasis order, a belief that phyical perfection leads to spiritual perfection.  Yes we take in the sick, study scripts, but it is also a very vigous living, four hours of meditation per day, and for those that choose too, Teras Kasis martial arts training five hours a day also.  It wasn't an easy life but it was a happy, peaceful way of life.  I guess your wondering how I could kill some of those drow back there, Teras Kasis translates into 'Steel Fists'. It started as a sort of friendly competition among the brotherhood and evovled into an advanced form of self defense."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2004, 08:36:38 PM »
"The Teras Kasis are known in the Underdark, but not as a friendly brotherhood caring for the ill, and meditating." Ahadi said. "They are feared as hunters of the weak, killing the elderly and the children who are too slow to escape them. It is rare but from time to time, a warband would descind from the surface, and cause a great deal of damage to our homes, our defences. I have always been told that surfacers are all born from incest, brother laying with sister, mothers with sons and fathers with daughters. We do not practice such incest, but we do not have the same sorcerers, the magics that you surfacers can command."

He leaned against one of the trees, looking much older and weary from the events of the already short day.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2004, 08:46:51 PM »
Kali nodded, "Steel Fists...a fitting name" she said glancing at his hands before flicking her gaze back to his face. She found herself at a loss for words, a situation rare to the confident and hard-exteriored woman.

She stood up swinging her arms wincing as a stick pricked her bare foot calloused though it was through never wearing shoes. "perhaps" she began now looking at Ahadi, "Perhaps they have the same impression as yourselves, only perhaps a more true perception?". she had folded her arms before her once more and stood gazing at him in a petulant manner.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2004, 07:23:44 AM »
"Perhaps our perceptions of one another are quite incorrect." Ahadi said. "But maybe not so wrong in your perception of my kith. You surfacers never unleashed that sort of thing upon my kind. There are those who claim you are not capable of it. But they also claim it is the fault of the surfacers that we were driven into the deep places of the earth, buried away from the sun in a mockery of life in death."

"If it was in my ability to take bakc what was done, undo the evil that was done here I would. But that is something beyond my skills. We could amass a group to attack the city, and put all of the spidersworn to death, and invade the underdark and put those there to death also but it wouldnt change anything.

"The spidersworn live in hundreds of cities in the Flowstone Kingdom, not just in Underdark. They do not hold so much power in the other provinces, they all but rule Underdark." He wished he had a warm glass of tabiki and a couple of uuriz girls rubbing his head and feet. There would be no more tabiki for a long time.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2004, 08:24:09 AM »
"To be fair..." Kali began, "We surfacers as you put it have not unleashed that upon you most probably because they haven't the means to. I do not speak for myself, but I know many who given the chance would deem that a fitting end to you and yours as they wold see them.." she trailed off inspecting the back of one hand that bore angry red scars, the damage that had caused them long gone.

She looked up at them traces of a smile on her face, "Should we continue onwards? Standing here will not improve our situation"> She hoped grouping them in some way would provide some standing for comradeship and an understanding along with it, but no doubt it would not be so easy.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Concerning the Drow
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2004, 10:24:10 AM »
"When I call you a surfacer, I hope you know I mean no offense." Ahadi said as they made their way from the city. "I do not know what else to call you who do live on the surface that is not specifically an insult or slur, other than surfacer." he said as he blocked the glare of the sun from his eyes.

"By the goddess it is bright up here." he said.