llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: MAGGOT BOY  (Read 1978 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline very_veiwtiful_joe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:54:31 AM »
:oops: its kinda embarrasing but anyone here can tell me what to do cos im a little lost anyways thanks maggot for tellin me this site
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:46:06 AM »
Hey its just a freeform role playing site...most people really care a punctiation, and spelling...I'm neither, at times i'll post so many mistakes...and then some would have none..but what ever....Hey and BURNNNNNNN
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Please Ignore Kalabar... we do.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:46:44 AM »
This is a roleplaying idea site.  It is normally used by pen and paper roleplayer to generate npcs, items, places, and game world to share with other gamers.  Freeform players occasionally stop by to pick up some ideas as well.  

The reason we are so "uptight" about spelling and punctuation is that posts here are archived and used by others.  So being sloppy in a personal post, not a problem. Being sloppy in a post that will be used by other gamers for years to come... not a good idea.  Besides many of our users do not speak English as a primary language.  Bad spelling and grammar are especially hard on them.  

One of the reasons Kalabar has so few posts is that he post "drek", innappropriate responses, and can't seem to master his native language. So we delete most of them.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 04:34:36 PM »
And, he uses ellipsises ("...") instead of commas or periods.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »
I am suprised all that out of you two experienced Gamers and not one word of welcome! welcome Joe my name is Adel and I am what some would call an online gamer that is to say that I have never played pen and paper, but do enjoy playing freeform online.  I hope you understand that Grammar and spelling are good tools to have here and most of the guys will POLITELY tell you if you get to sloppy! Do not fret over common mistakes everyone makes them. Do not take our corrections or comments as an offence we only hope to improve you and others as we hope you would try and improve us! It is only when someone replies with a rude comment about being shown their mistakes that  offense is taken and carried to new levels! Take hold of all knowledge that ye gather here; be it grammar, spelling, or just creative ideas! We only look to better others as well as ourselves at this site!  Again Welcome! :D
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 07:00:29 AM »
I wasnt even involved in the exchange and I feel chastised by Adels very correct responce.

A belated welcome.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 08:34:53 AM »
Greetings very_veiwtiful_joe. May your stay here at Strolen be fruitfull.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

• Apprentice
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 10:37:22 AM »
Thankyou all of you for your wonderful responses. I would also like to add one thing to Adels list of important things: vocabulary. I love to read and would be interested to discuss with others some passages from some books.

Once again let me say thankyou and i hope to rise to greatness like some of yourselfs.

I would also appreciate it greatly if you would rate my charachter his name is Oscillios and he is a Lurdi as in deference to Maggots Land of the Eshal. I am sure Scrasamax would like it as he has taken an intrest in the land of the Eshal story.

Thankyou once again.
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 05:09:38 PM »
Start up a thread and we can talk books, I have a fairly wide range of reading topics and genres. If you want to delve into the D&D literature, I wont be able to comment much.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 08:57:29 PM »
Mmmm... Reading...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Apprentice
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 07:44:56 AM »
Where should i start the thread Scarasamax

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 09:29:55 AM »
I would start it in the Cavern of Inane Natter, or the Citadel Tavern sections.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 08:22:45 PM »
Psst... Hey joe, Got any Pie you need safekeeping?
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 11:40:19 AM »
:roll: Adel throws shadow some Chess pie!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 02:58:15 PM »
Throws Shadow some Apple and blue berry pies, to many they stop his dark whole of a stumache he has...

Hello Adel, How have you been doing?
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

• Apprentice
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 03:55:11 PM »
Yes actually i do the pie of ignorance. :( i dont know too much about this site.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
MAGGOT BOY
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 09:22:14 AM »
but im getting there