llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The left hand of God  (Read 11500 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:47:25 PM »
Screams of agony, floated along the hallway, Marrisa was led in a bed, sweat pouring over her face, her eye's closed tightly, blocking out all pain, she shifted uncomfortably, a sudden wave of pain washed over her, as she fell back, her face as white as fresh fallen snow, showed the darkness of her eye's, a nurse came up quietly and wipped her fore-head, dabbing slightly, "it will be alright, everything will be allright" she moved closer offering her hand as support, Marrisa smiled weakily and accept her invetation of her hand, again a fresh wave of pain came over her, forcing her to fall further into the wall pressing hard on the nurses hand, a faint cry followed the screams, and a small baby was being held by the doctor, the plae olive complexion made the baby look more like a ghost than anything else, "you have a beutifull baby girl" said the doctor grinning and looking up, his smile faded as he saw the expressionless face of Marrisa, one single tear rolled down her cheek, a nurse went up to her feeling her neck for a pulse, but she found none, she shook her head sadly, picking up the envolope Marrisa had demended that they read if she didn't make it through, she opened it carefully and reached inside a single gold pendant fell out she bent down, with one hand she picked up the pendant with the other she opened the letter and began to read,

Dear reader,
If you are reading this now, then that will mean i did not make it through the birth, i deeply regret leaving my darling girl in this world all alone but i now, that you will find her a safe place for her to go.
she is very special to me and the world, when her time comes she will now what to do.
I hope to god that the prophets find there way to her safely, i would much appretiate if you did not mention anything about this to her to soon, for it will scare her into denial.
Her name is Floren, please tell whoever has her, her name and remind them that when she is older she will now herself as floren even if she does not be called that at first.
All my love in the world
Marrisa.

tear marks splashed the paper, and the writing was scruffy and untidy, as if written in a hurry, special to the world? what would this child have to do? and would she do it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a 16 year old girl sat scribbling notes onto a piece of paper, she looked up and pushed a lock of black ebony hair out of her face, she thought for a moment and then bent her head down again and began to write.
 She had a pale olive complexion which made her look more like a ghost, her black ebony hair highlighting each feature on her face, she ran her fingers through her hair making a few strands fall out, "i'm losing my mind" she said quietly, her voice was tender and soft enough to make your heart melt.
 She stood up and stroked the creases out of her dress robes, she was wearing a long dark velvet, dress robe, which looked rather dusty and scruffy, she shook her head slightly, "now what was it that i had to do?" she asked herself moving towards the door on the oppisite side of the room, she touched the door handle and remebered, "oh yeah i have to go see ma' and get a letter off of her, and then she said that i have to start out to look for myself" she snorted slightly, she tought is was a ridiclus idea to go out and look for yourself, unless there was a reason to do so, she opened the doorway and slowly walked down the hallway till she got to some steps, she went down the steps and entered a door on her left, she had now entered a large kitchen, pots and pans throw about everywhere, "ma', you said i have to get a letter from you and then i have to go and look for myself" she called softly looking over each pile of plates which were stacked so high it was very hard to see over them.
 There was a crash from behind one of the piles, Floren stood on tip toes to look over the pile, and there she was, a small plump woman with a dark peach complexion and long brown wavy hair, which was tied in a mad frizzy bun, was sat among plates which had crashed and smashed to the floor "oh hello dear" she said quietly, "here's the letter and here is your bag and now all you have to do is og into town and get yourself some weapons just in case, it can be dangerous out in the big wide world" she said not even looking up, she stood up and more crashes were heared she turned without looking at Floren and finally said "and i am truly sorry" before wondering into the next room, Floren looked sucpiously after her, before turning and leaving, to go to town.
 when she got there she looked at the ten gold pieces her ma' had given her the five silver and thirteen bronze coins, she moved among the people cautiosly watching out for others.
 After about 5 minuites she had moved to the inn 'stomping alice' she had now bought herself some new clothes, she had an ordinary shirt and a skirt which was tied up with a band of rope, she had also bought herself a long black cloack, under this was various holsters, one which carried a small dagger, three small ones fixed together carried three small vials, on her back was a sword of great magnifecence, and she also had some healing herbs just in case, she moved to the door of the inn and carefully opened it, stepping inside, the noise dimmed down slightly when she entered but soon began to come back to life after she had sat down and ordered a red wine.
 She sat watching people enter and people exiting, for some reason she thought she knew that something bad was just about to happen but she didn't quite now what, and she also guessed that she would probably met at least three more people and they would come with her, but she didn't now where this feeling was coming from, she just sat sipping on her ed wine watching people talk and point.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 06:55:45 PM »
Sentinel had never found no reason for him, and yet he saw one, he had been traveling for a very long time, and came to the small town, soon a little in the morning, he came to the inn and walked in. The inn became a hush, everyone had heard the stories of the Sentinel, a legend in his own liking, a ranger from Anawaith who had said to be one of the greatest warriors ever seen. He looked around and his eyes staryed to a young girl, maybe 16 years old, his piercing green eyes glittered once, something was about that girl, but he forgot about it and sat down at an empty table looking down at the table
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 07:03:18 PM »
Floren watched the new comer as he sat himelf down at an empty table, she turned to the bar picked up her red wine and walked over, cautiously she looked down at him "i am very sorry to disturbe you but i am Floren, have i met you somewhere before?" she asked solemnly, she had a gut feeling that something to do with the bad thing happening had to do with him and maybe a few others, she shivered as another drunken man waddled in sitting himself at the bar and looking to wink at her, she grimaced and again turned to look at the stranger who was now in her home town.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 07:07:13 PM »
He looked up and raised an eyebrow, his hair a was rusty dark blond, his ears slightly pointed, marking him as a wood elf, he wore dark green pants and a dark green tunic and hood. He wore boots and his cloths were faded. At his side was a short sword, and around his back a long bow and quiver. He saw the drunkard and sighed
"No you have no."
He stood up, not able to control himself.
"I was told by a prophet to come here, saying I would learn something of myself if I helped a young girl, you are her, I am to go with you."
He got on one knee before her.
"I offer my services to you."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 07:22:17 PM »
Floren blushed madly, "please get up i'm not used to that yes, yes, yes i accept or whatever" she waved her hands to indcate for people to carry on drinking, she turned once again to the wood-elf "then maybe you can tell me a tiny bit about what's going on, i know that i have to complete some kind of journey to stop the greatest evil ever destroying the universe, but i am not quite sure where to!" she blushed again, she bet she looked stupid saying that, but it was the truth, she took another sip of her drink, "i believe we are to wait for at least two ar three more" she sighed, she looked down and noticed the letter she had not yet read, she picked it up and carefully opened it

To my dear Floren
you are now 16 and your journey is about to begin, you are to to travel with four prophets, to the sacred place of Heavan, one of the prophets if not all will know how to get there, I am Marrisa i am your mother, but as you can tell i am dead, i died giving birth to you, but you were the best thing which had ever happened to me, i wish you well on your journey you will now what to do when the time comes, I love you with all my soul and i will always be watching down on you, i love you Floren good luck and goodbye
All my love
Marrisa

the paper was again splashed with tear drops but these were fresh, Floren was reading the letter over and over again to herself, tears rolling down her face and falling to the paper, she looked up sniffed but then composed herself, "do you now where the Sacred place of Heavan is?" she asked softly, her voice quavering slightly.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 07:25:49 PM »
He stood up before her and nodded thinking, many times had he seen visions of a place bright with light, his face deep and thoughtful, he sat down at his table gracefully and looked at Floren.
"South..."
He said not liking it, they would have to move through Cadricci States, a small nation of barabarians, it would be dangerous. He looked up at her.
"Far South."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 07:37:31 PM »
A creauture screeched in the it was loud enough to be head in the basement of the inn.  The creature itself was ugly black and scaly, with a long neck of twenty feet and a tiny head with a mouth full of toothpick like teeth.  It had two huge bat like wings  and a tail equal in length to it's neck. It's cry was terrible and made anyone's blood flow with ice.  

But more terrible than that scourage beast was it's rider, a Fallen Knight that wore jet black armor and had a cloak made of fur of a bear.  It was a terrible image to see. The knight had no face but darkness a void that ate all the joy and every other happy feeling from the everyone aorund him.  Then he felt her! The spawn of his master's nemesis, bathed in good but not yet ripened with her power. Still vulneable.

The creature set down on top a house in the village and emitted another bone cracking cry.  The Fallen Knight slid down the spawn of a corrupted Prophet the grass around his feet wihtered and died leaving only rot and death.  A man tried to get the Knight's way, in a flash of speed that was unbelievable for his side the mace he wielded replaced the man's head.

Bit of brain, gore, and bone landed everywhere.  He approached the door to the inn.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 07:40:20 PM »
Sentinel heard it coming and slowly he unsheathed his sword, the blade was the Anawaith Sword, of his guild, the blade was jet black, with razor sharp silver edges, suddely it started to glow a dark blue, he got into a defensive stance towards the door, his eyes staring at it waiting to open, people around him moved away.
"Get down."
He said calmly to Floren

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 01:12:04 AM »
The Death Knight barely touched the door and it exploded inward sending splinters and fragments of the wooden door all over.  The figure barely fit through the door his frame was so large.  With silent exersion he brought the mace up and crashing down into the floor, causing a large fissure to open in the floor boards and grounf below.  

"You can't possibly win elf, stand aside!" A faint gastly voice floated to the ears of everyone there and made them all cringe it was like finger nails being clawed across a chalk board.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 06:57:06 AM »
floren did as she was told, her heart pounding in her chest, she looked back at the letter again and a sudden surge of power went across her body, she trembled obviously scared, suddenly the floor shook, just for a moment but it did, she looked at the slice down the middle of the floor from where the man had burrowed his mace into the floor, everyone should of felt it, the vibrations went through her body and everyone who was standing, it was as if the power which had just suddenly grown inside her was being unleashed steadily, she began to push herself up into a standing position, "i, i can't control myself" she called she was now in a standing postion she grasped something in thin air, but nothing was there, with a swift movement she pulled a golden sword from the air, swinging it towards the ground but stopping just before it hit, the blade had started to shin a bright gold, she looked again at the slice in the floor made by the mace, her eye's shone brightly, she smiled a tiny bit and she also smashed the sword to the floor, the motion was like an earthquake, everyone who was normal and had no extroidarnary powers now led on the floor, another huge gash now ran across the floor leading straight to the mans feet, but not going any further, she was ready, but she didn't now how ready, she stood in a fighting stance, and raised hersword to eye level.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 10:59:27 AM »
Sentinel was notcing all this in a blink of an eye, he looked at the Dark Knight and shook his head twirling his sword with two hands twiftly infront of him until it was a blur, his face set with rigid determination.
"No."
He said calmly

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 11:31:48 AM »
Floren looked at the sword atonished of what she had just done, but she could still feel the power surging through her, the anger coursing through her veins, she had no idea where all of this was coming from but it was there and there was nothing she could do about it except for realese it, she stood quite still, sudden a burst of cool wind whipped around her sending her hair flying "come" she said quietly her voice alot more rougher then it had been, she swung the sword once more also watching the mans sword whizzing around in front of the man she was talking to earlier, this man at the door was no match for the both of them and surely he new this she moved a step forward still brandising her sword.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2004, 11:36:03 AM »
He stepped with her and stopped twirling his sword, as suddenly the magic of his sword gripped him and a dark blue, almost black aura surrounded his form, and suddenly it bursted into green flames, seeming to not burn him, but burn things around him. He stepped a few feet away from Floren so not to hurt her and kept on advancing slowly, staring the Death Knight in the dark cowl of his hood

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 12:30:41 PM »
"YES!!!  That is it child! Embrace your hate, use your anger on me.  You despise, let your emotions flow, in one fell swoop you can use your anger and strike me down and become the instrument of my master's dominion."

It danced around the swirling sword, "Let me show you how to employ your anger, your burning hate, let it consume you."  The Death Knight raised one gaunleted hand and forks of violet lightning streaked out at the elf, cascading all over.  

"Your anger is a powerful tool, use it against me and emrace the dark side.  It is your destiny."

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 12:35:13 PM »
Sentinel had seen the lightning coming and had dodged to one side, the lightning hammering into the wall and blasting a hole through it, he then ducked and leaped hammering his sword into where death knight's face shopuld of been, the green fire instantly lit up starting to burn the Death Knight's body as Sentinel winced, feeling his energy leave him as it erupted from his sword.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2004, 12:46:50 PM »
Floren had heared him, something was wrong as he spoke to her, the energy was welling up inside her, she forced it down, falling to her knees as more power surged in her, she cried out as still more anger coursed through her, she had to do something, she closed her eye's and concentrated, the power started to decrease slowly, leaving just enough for her to strike him, she stood weakly "No, i will not go to the dark side I WILL NOT" the power dispersed into the air leaving her hanging, she pulled the sword towards her and also plunged forward, the sword now the dull gold it had been before it plunged into his arm she withdrew it.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
Sentinel pulled back as nimble as a dnacer as the green flames continued to burn inward on the Death Knights body. Sentinel was beathing hard, weak from the energy the sword had taken from him, it was a gift and a curse to use the Sword of Anawaith, but Sentinel had accepted that long ago, he looked at Floren for a moment to check if everything was alright, finding that she was a little weak, he nodded and looked back at their adversary

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 12:51:09 PM »
With fire wrapped hands consuming him, the Death Knight leaned close to the elf, "Little fool, I am one forged of the Darkness, weapons forged of like decent will not harm me."  

In a rush the scathing green flames erupted around him and burned a hole through the roof, as the smoke cleared the Death Knight was gone.  He had done what job he needed to do.  He had shown Floren that there was a second path that she could easily travel down, a dark path of hate, anger, and emotion.  

Loud crys could be heard but as everyone looked aroun the demon and his beast were gone, only the destruction was any mark that they were here.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 12:55:28 PM »
Floren fell to the floor, nearly all of her power now gone, she sighed "well i don't think that will be the last we see of him" she said quietly, moving to a kneeling stance, and grabbing her drink off of the table and finishing it.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2004, 12:57:07 PM »
Sentinel ignored the insult and sheathed his sword, the green flames around him soon left and he sighed, he looked at Floren, a new perspective of her.
"You will have to be taught to use that blade."
He said coldly, not minding the affect on her. He wrapped his cloak tighter about him and put the hood back over his head, sighing again.
"We leave now."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 01:03:59 PM »
she nodded, standing up , this man was strong and she knew it, if he wanted to take advantage then he could of easily, but some how she trusted him with her life, she pushed her hair behind her ear, she looked at the blade she had in her hand, she troked down the edge, she had thought that she had cut herself so she took her hand away quickly, but when she looked down at her finger no blood no cut, she wondered how she had just pulled the blade from thin air.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2004, 01:06:15 PM »
He faced her, a sentinel like so many called him, elusive and quiet about himself, never revealing anything to anyone and an elf who had the greatness of a king.
"The sword has always been there, yet you have had no use for it since now, it comes when there is need, not want, now let us go."
He turned his back on her and walked out of the door, letting her catch up

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2004, 01:12:32 PM »
she followed, closely, "where is our first stop" she asked patiently, again moving her hair out of her eye's, she sighed and grabbed a small band from her pocket tieing her hair into a loose ponytail.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2004, 01:14:12 PM »
He glanced at her and shrugged.
"We rest at nightfall, that will be our first stop."
And he would say no more, staying to himself, he regretting having to go with a girl who was not even a women yet, yet his curiousity revailed over him

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The left hand of God
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2004, 01:25:30 PM »
she nodded and followed after him, she thought to herself ' i must learn how to weild this blade and do as my mother did before, i must vanquish evil' Floren looked up amazed where did she get that from, maybe that was what her mother meant by now when the time comes, she grinned and moved on.