llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Searching  (Read 8707 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:19:51 PM »
Sentinel moved forward across the Rhaubb Ice Plains, the wind howling and blowing snow everywhere as the blizzard raged, No one in there right mind would of been out in this weather, but Sentinel was, far in the North and treacking west slowly, not losing his sense of direction in the white scene. He wore a fur cloak and hod, and wool clothes, looking more as a barbarian then then the wood elf he was. He wrapped his cloak tighter about him as he looked up, his fair elven features showed nothing out of place, except the long jagged scar on his cheek, which marked him as the great ranger he was. He saw what he needed and kept on going through the one foot ssnow, as he moved to towards the speck of light far out to the west, there, he could rest
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline foxylady13

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 12:48:14 PM »
(is this ok?)
Melissa had been out for ages. No one was out in this weather they would have to be as crazy as her. Butshe didnt care she was finally escaping from the plalace. that place was bad she hated it everyone thought being a princess was heaven- how wrong can they be! Suddenly she was a figue in the distance she grabbed her sword from the uder her coat. Surely her dad hadnt already noticed she had gone she thought she would be far gone before they noticed. Welll she wasnt going to go home without a fight she hid behind a huge rock and waited.
i knw im not hated but i wish i was loved

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 01:00:45 PM »
He felt somebody around but igrnored the person or peoples, continuing on his way forward with deliberate pacing, going slow as to conserve his energy, it was nearing late and anyone out here would freeze to death seeing the temperate would go into the negatives and only the dragons come out at night in the Rhaub

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 06:56:35 AM »
Wrapped in thick animal pelts, Rhedad watched the ranger lord  ,peering at him from the massive thicket that hid him and his band of 7 fighters.A big orc with a long puckered scar running down the side of his ugly face,Rhedad had assasinated more than one elven ranger for his wealthy dwarven clients.Although despising his kind as abombinations like the elves,dwarves were willing to do anything to get the job done.According to the dwarven commander who had recruited him,if Rhedad carried off this hit succsesfully,he would be a very wealthy orc.Wealthy enough to carve out his own orcish fiefdom.This was something the orc was looking forward to.A smile crossed his face as he fantasized about the glory and power he would soon enjoy.Suddenly,he was jerked from his dreams of glory when his second in commnad tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.''It's freezing here,Chief.Let's kill the filthy pointy ears now. A well aimed arrer oughta do it''. ''Fool'',Rhedad hissed.''And miss?Bleeding blizzard's too strong for that.This one is deadly.No chances must be taken if we wish to survive.Nope,I want a clever ambush or trap,something well thought out.Let's try to get warm now.'' Gesturing to his warriors to follow him,he slunk back into the undergrowth.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 12:43:23 PM »
Sentinel shook his head. There was nothing out here except the cold where a person could die if exposed too long. He kept on moving forward, towards the light of the encampment where he could rest after a long trip. Though something nagged him in the back of his mind, something felt wrong and he couldn't put it to words. Instinct told him something was out here, yet reason told him there was not. Now he was raging an inner battle between to go on instinct or reason. As he neared the encampment he tripped on something in the snow, he fell hard into the snow and cursed. He got back up and pulled out was buried in the snow. The dead body of a man. He had died from sickness it seemed, having no mark on his body. Sentinel narrowed his eyes, could the encampment be a trap?

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 09:17:09 PM »
Alariel was a hunter, a very unusual hunter to say the least. His very long ears and purple skin made him a Night Elf, making the night his home. Long black hair was tied in a pony tale upward, and then fell on his back, over two long, slim blades, with ancient inscriptions on them. The weapons were crossed on his back. The weight of his muscular body shifted so that he left no footprint in the snow; practicaly walking on it. A thick shirt and thick pants with white fur at the botton covered his body. Yet the most unusual thing about Alariel was the white strip of cloth that covered his eyes, blindfolding him; he used magic to look at, past, and inside things, yet the magic was only viable for 500 meters. Farther than that, he was blind, completely blind. He made his way quickly towards the wood elf, skipping on top of the snow.
Nobody is a deaf as the one who will not listen.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 09:25:26 PM »
Sentinel heard something moving against the wind and he turned to see the night elf, with speed and agility he unsheathed his sword and prepared for combat. He was confused at what he saw. A blind Night elf who seemed to want to fight. Very odd.

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 10:10:49 PM »
He laughed a bit, stopping a short distance away from the elf. "I am not here for a fight, fellow elf." said Alariel smiling, "Nor am I blind" he added. Every time someone saw him, they thought he was blind. Who could blame them? For this matter he was used to adding the extra thought in there so there could be no misunderstandings.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 06:02:02 PM »
Sentinel nodded, understanding in some degree of what the elf meant. He sheathed his sword smoothly and bowed his head to the fellow elf, caring naught if the other elf saw it. Sentinel was formal with strangers or superiors. He looked up at the elf, he knew that some elves had magical 'eyes'  if they so happened to be blind, and so he assumed the same with this one.
"Yes m'lord. Where do you had to in such a miserable place?"

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 06:53:18 PM »
"M'Lord?" he repeated, "I am but a mere hunter, scouting these parts of the forest. What about yourself?" asked Alariel, daring to get a bit closer. Every time he stopped he sank into the snow, leaving holes in the otherwise untouched snow.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 09:12:33 PM »
He shrugged, he called everyone Lord or lady, no matter their status, it was the way he was trained in the Ranger Guild of Anawaith. He nodded and tilted his head as to think on the question. Should he tell the truth? He couldn't trust this elf of course, that would be foolish, but he was once told that to gain trust, one must give. So, he decided, he would tell the truth and if he saw any hints of betrayal in the elf's manner, he would kill him.
"I am heading to a small encampment where I might rest from my hard journey, forgive me, people call me Sentinel, you may call me the same. You are?"

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
He nodded his head when he heard the response, which to his surprise, seemed to be the truth. Or thats what his instincts were telling him. Of course, he could not trust anyone, yet that was up to some degree true and not wholesome. Alariel saw no reason to lie now, no gain or loss what so ever. "I have heard of you, Sentinel. The merchants that come trading into our lands brought a few stories where your name was mentioned. I am Alariel, member, no associate," he correctred himself, "of the Anawaith guild. I represent the guild in my lands." he added.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
He raised an eyebrow, was he hearing true. A fellow brother from the Anawaith Guild? Maybe so, but Sentinel would test it. Speaking in the Anawaith Battle Tongue he said a favoriate quote from the elder there.
"Life Has No Meaning Without Responsibilty."
He said and smiled, remembering the Elder who had been like a father to him.
"Are you from the Guild?"
He said locking eyes once more on the Elf, and out of his thoughts.

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 05:19:19 PM »
He was a bit surprised when he heard that he was talking with a fellow guild mate, and the fact that he knew the Battle Tounge as well as the Elder's favorite quote prooved it. "What do you think?" answered Alariel to the question in the Battle Tounge. Even though he made it his business to know as much as possible about what ever he wishes, some things escaped him from time to time. He hated when that happened, for knowing could be the difference between life and death, and to know that Sentinel was part of the same guild as him from the start would have prooven usefull here.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 06:38:24 PM »
He nodded and tilted his head as he switched back to common tongue.
"Then you know the reason I am here."
War had been going on for ages between the dwarves and elves for ages and Sentinel had at once, from orders from the Guild, had joined the Elvish Alliance and had rose as a Ranger Lord leading a very large portian of an army. He was one of the greatest in the Guild. He was a seasoned warrior of the war and large bounties on his head from the Dwarven Companies who their hatred for him were deep. Sentinel cared naught of this as he bowed his head and put his arm on the bicep of the fellow brother.
"Come brother. The encampment shall give as food and warmth and we shall speak of old times. Will you come?"

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 08:50:12 PM »
"Indeed, I may have a bit of knowledge of the reason why you are here, though little, as we have just been called to join in pushing the dwarves back just a while ago," he said, quickly adjusting the white cloth that covered his eyes. "I would be foolish not to join you," he added, starting to walk besides him.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 09:16:46 PM »
Huddled in the snow lodge they had erected,Rhedad fretted and fumed silently,his feelings all too clearly mirrored by the grim expressions on the faces of his warriors.

When they had set out on their mission a week ago,they had expected to track down and slay the Wood elf Sentinel within a few days.How wrong they had been.Discovering his trail had been easy enough,for even a ranger as skilled as Sentinel,could not  escape the keen nose of Gulk the smallest orc in the group,who had a sense of smell as keen as that of any hound.What they hadn't reckoned on however,was a blizzard that had flung mssiles of snow and ice everywhere,just as Sentinel had waked into the little ambush they had planned for him.At that moment Redad had been tempted to follow the advice of his second in command and to give the order to risk firing a poison tipped arrow at the Elven ranger.

Fortunately,his better sense had convinced him otherwise.Sentinel's skill with his blade was legendary among the dwarven Companies who had seen him kill 5 times his number,single handed.Rhedad was only too aware that he wouldn't be able to collect the bounty on the Ranger's head if he lost his head to the elf's blade.Besides,contrary to what everyone thought of orcs,Rhedad was not going to throw away the lives of his most trusted and skilled warriors on a gamble.As their leader,he was responsible for their welfare and safety and he would not let their mates become widows,thanks to his impatience and stupidity.No,close combat with the dread Ranger had to be avoided.It had to be a well aimed arrow or skillfully hidden trap.But that was impossible with the blizzard raging around them.It was anyone's guess how the Ranger could calmly stride on in this horrid snow storm.Maybe he really was part demon as the dwarves claimed.Well, demon or not,Rheadad would kill him and then leave this wretched place for good.But that would have to wait till this &^%$@ of a blizzard cleared.Until then,all they could do was wait.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 06:11:02 PM »
Sentinel closed his eyes and smiled, letting the cold feel around him and shake him, he was not used to the cold weather, but unlike other elves, he adapted almost spontaneously to any other climate. He opened his eyes at his companion and nodded.
"It would be smart not to, but I will not try to convert you on your actions."
He nodded and looked forward.
"The dwarves fear me, indeed. How foolish of them to think me part demon when I am but a common wood elf protecting my home like any other being on this world would do. They are overconfidant. The Elder once said that there is no seperation between man and god, one just blends casually into the other."
His voice was almost whipped away by the harsh wind as it hailed into Sentinel, but he pressed on, determination to reach the encampment.

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 09:48:33 PM »
"Indeed...they are way to overconfident considering their short stature." he chuckled, "After all, they are fighting elves, maybe one of the gratest mistakes they have ever made, attacking us." he said, returning back to a more serious tone. "So how is the war going, where is the current borderline?" he asked. The cold didn't bother him much, he was well dressed for the weather as well as a bit used to the chill, but he did feel the pinching frost of the wind when it came at them harder.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 08:29:12 PM »
Sentinel turned grim as he sighed.
"The dwarves have pulled back to their moutians and we lie at the foot of the moutians. Of course the dwarves have designed traps in the mountians and we are trying to find a clear pass through the moutians that possibly isn't guarded or blocked by snow."
Sentinel looked over at his companion and nodded thoughtfully.
"Maybe I will take you part of my Recon Patrol. We are to scout the moutians of course.

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 10:32:12 PM »
"I would be honored to join you in your scouting mission. The mountains are the dwarve's domain, just like our kind is at home in the forests. To try to climb the mountains and push them back would be suicidal. If a pass can be found we can move into their territory and cut their suplies as well as any communications. the mountains, though vast, will become an island on which the dwarves will be trapped." he said, guessing at the strategy that they were using. He looked at Sentinel for aprooval.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2004, 06:25:46 AM »
He glanced at him and nodded.
"You are correct, but we must hurry to do this, if the dwarves are to be able to get word out to their comrades then they will bring for reinforcements."

Offline ahren

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2004, 05:00:10 PM »
"Yes, if the reinforcements arrive to strengthen their positions, the whole this will become almost imposible." he said looking out to the mountains. "We have to be silent and not let any dwarves see us untill we have secured a pass, if any are still open." he sighed. "So when and where do we start?"

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2004, 05:30:01 PM »
Sentinel shrugged.
"Once we make it to the encampment we are going to recieve our orders and do our job. That simple. Of course we know it won't be."
He said as he thought. Plans never went as they were suppose to go.

Offline Beowulf

• Adept
  • If only you knew how to stop someone like me.
    • Awards
Searching
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2004, 05:41:40 PM »
A human man walked out of the shadows and leaned against a tree not touching the ground.He looked at the elves and noticed the ratial difference one was wood the other dark.He laughed a little bit and still looking at them.
I never thought I'd see the day when differrent species of elves talk together peacefully.
He said as he walked out towards them showing no fear or doubt in his eyes.
The names Beowulf.
He said as he still stood hovering over the snow.
What is yours?
~Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.~