llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Recon Patrol  (Read 4710 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2004, 12:47:08 PM »
Sentinel and his men were ready, up before everyone else was and ready to move on. Sentinel ordered his men to wait for he had buisness to do here, but they would have to leave at noon or his superiors would think him dead and would be in rage at the dwarves. Sentinel was cranky this morning having had to deal with no sleep for a while. One of his men came up, a furtive and cautious man who did everything with no questions.
"M'lord, we all are ready. Let us be done with this scum."
Sentinel was looking out into the forest for signs of ambush, he caught none. It was always beautfiul in the morning and Sentinel loved it at this time. It took him awhile before he answered Geld.
"We must be patient, Geld. Remember your training."
Geld bowed his head and went off to do his chores
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2004, 07:13:13 PM »
After scouring the river for several good minutes Lira let her posture slump a little as she gave a great sigh of relief. Smiling to herself she hefted her pack back onto her shoulder and walked back towards the campsite. Men everywhere were bundling supplie and groomming horses, some still arranging their tack, and others still dressing. Her own mount was brought to her quickly, it's eyes rbight and tail swishing in eagerness of the ride ahead. She stoked it's velvety neck and whispered to him in a comradely manner. Spotting Sentinel she approached him leading her horse. "Good morning Sentinel, I trust by the circles under your eyes you did not take advantage of the situation and rest?". She raised an eyebrow before delving into her pack and passing him a flask of water. "Keep it...". She mounted her horse and looked towards the small group that were to move off first, the rest to follow after the camp had been completely disassembled. "Will you call your men to you? We will equip them with horses for we must make haste, and surely riding for one day will not disrupt you too much?" she asked him politely.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2004, 09:28:02 PM »
He nodded and yelled out his orders in Elven Battle Tongue only his men knew. They got ready and mounted the horses brought to him. Sentinel got on a black stallion.
"Rest is irrelevant at the moment."
And that was all he said as he led his men forward. Sentinels thoughts traveled over all sorts of things and he came to the distrubing though of his past before he was found as a baby at the doorsteps in Elimirth at the doorsteps of the Guild of Anawaith. Who was he really? This thought had struck him several times and he had never came up to nothing, so he had come to the this theory: His mother was a women too poor to feed him and in desperation gave him up to the guild. It was fifty/fifty chance in his eyes to be true, and he would not explore it beyond that.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2004, 07:45:51 AM »
Lira already mounted squeezed her knees jetting her horse forward as he repsonded to her commands until she rode alongside Sentinel. "WHat do yuo think?" she asked after seeing his thoughtful expression not totally desolte of sorrow.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 06:38:40 AM »
He shrugged and glanced at her.
"What is it that I think of? The past mostly, and much of the future."
He smiled slightly at the irony of his words. How he had hated his past, but loved to tear it apart in his mind, and how he knew much of the future, but would rather not want to know what was in store, removing all the pleasures and surprisness from the visits

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2004, 06:46:39 AM »
She nodded. "Do you never think of the present?" she asked him curiously. Many things are happening around you right now, if you are so deeply immersed in your past an dfurutre, your future shall become your past without you even noticing. Best when we are all..old..so to speak we have at least our emmemores to keep us warm...". Shegave a small smile ands nudged her horse whohad tried to eat of a passing bush.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2004, 06:26:42 PM »
He smiled.
"But you see, together, past and future make the present, so I am also immersed in the present as well. Anyways, how can we speak of time so easily. Define time for me. It is only something for beings of this earth to comprehend their universe when everything is finite and the universe itself is infinite."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2004, 07:10:24 PM »
"That is only a formed preconception-how do we know it is either finite or infinite-we just haven't the knowledge or power to find out if it is true! And time's definition istlef cannot be found though the passage through it can...but I think time, if one was to try and define it...they would find that time is the passage of events from the future...to the present, to the past. However although we can remember the past, and imagine the future...it is the present we must live in...". She finished suddenly the quiet an awakward break after the hum of her mind and the sound of their voices.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2004, 06:57:56 PM »
He nodded and shrugged.
"Well defined. I think that there is much more out there then what the gods above want us to believe, or even, if there is any gods. Maybe we have created the myths of the gods to better live, knowing that we will one day indeed die so we are living in our own created myths."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2004, 08:57:12 PM »
"For some myth is perferrable to the harsh realities in which they live, if you convince yourself you live in myth then your actions if good will be rewarded fully, songs sung and stories told of your heroic deeds, and well if you do evil, then it is simply a story, one that will no doubt be forgotten and your actions with it, removing some guilt from their minds. I know not if any gods exist, but if they do I find it a hard fact that some are born into squallor and some into palaces and a life of ease...and what of reincarnation? If it does not exist then why bother with life at all if you are not granted a second chance to try once more knowing of actions that rbing with them mistakes?" She pasued in her philosophical mood. "I am sorry. I tend to go on far past the point when my words fall on deaf ears". She gave a small smile and shrugged.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2004, 09:00:32 PM »
He laughed quietly, not loudly, not wanting his men to notice his jovial mood which would in his eyes, weaken them.
"Everything is a mystery."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2004, 09:08:13 PM »
Lira gave him a side-glance, smiling when she saw his eyes light up and hearing the quiet laugh who's noise was lost almost as soon as it was made. Her smile stopped abruptly however as they approached a stream and began to cross over. "The camp is just a half hours ride away. We should be questioned as we pass through here by patrols". She watched the treelines ahead of them and then looked back to Sentinel.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Recon Patrol
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2004, 09:09:34 PM »
Sentinel nodded and became serious as he tapped his sheath looking around with his sharp eyes.
"Let them."
He hooted as a signal and the rangers fanned out.