llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 29515 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »
OOC: Sorry about the delay you guys I have finals this week and then maybe I will have more free time! :D

IC: Luna looked up at the man trying to get down off of the cliff "I guess I could try," She said, " Put me in the palm of your hand and face me toward Skene. " As Aldan did this she ready herself. The light that bounced off of the snow seemed to illuminate her hair. Her face was pale and delicate and her eyes clear and crisp blue. She lifted her fingers in the air and began to sing a low whispering song. It was slow and sad her voice seemed to rise and fall like a snowflake dancing on a frigid wind.  

as she sang images popped into her head images she knew oh to well.

OOC: This is a story some what like a myth of what happened long ago before men walked the earth and the elements ruled. these are the images as Luna sees them forming in her head.

IC:Long ago Khione element of the snow danced freely over the earth. She had skin as pale as fresh frozen water and eyes the color of the deepest lakes. Her hair was solid white like the foam of an ocean wave and she was sought after by many a suitors.  She however loved the freedom she possessed to dance in the cold quick wind, ever twirling swirling against the night sky.  One day the personification of the night sky came to her and sang sweet lullabies for her to dance to. This transpassed night after night after night.  Khione had come to love Andros like she had never loved another being before. However the god of the day sky, Vlaho,  grew more and more furious he had wanted Khione as his bride and devised a skeme to seperate them forever. He sought council from Leluya, Goddess over all, she warned him that if he seperated Khione form Andros that she would alway run form him. Vlaho seething with greed and jealousy decided to commit this grievous act though it would mean that Khione would remain lost to him forever. Leluya told him to wait until Khione began to dance to the lullaby sung by Andros he was told to collect the white frost that formed under her footsteps. Then take the frost and weave it into a beaded net, throuw the net over Andros and he will be forever banished to the sky and Khione here on earth. Vlaho did as he was told., however in the process he too was banished to the sky. even Know when Khione dances under the light of the night sky while Andros's tears fall down in foxen snowflakes when first morn lights the day sky and Vlaho reaches down with his hands to try and grasp Khione she melts away form his grip only to retun when the sky is again dark.

Luna collapsed on her knees tears streaked her face "two who love each other forever seperated."
The task was done there lie a snow covered path for skene to slide down. She lay in Aldans palm the use of such magic in her tiny form made her weak and tired. She turned her head and looked at Aldan some of the flare had fallen form her eyes.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2005, 11:31:50 PM »
Aldan watched mystified as the snow swirled in the clouds above crystal tears descended upon the rough mountain side creating a gentle slope of Skene to descend on.  Aldan reached out in with the Dragon and gave the man's courage a prod in the right direction.  He took a step out onto the slide and slid down with growing rapicity.  

He flew down the mountain side and came to rest a on the grass streaked fields where they sat.  Aldan gave the weather beaten man a nod...  

Aldan watched as Luna turned back to look at him in his palm. He felt an odd sense of quesniness run through him.  

"Here," He let her lie down in the fold of his hood.  He kept a leasry eye, they had lost half their day getting down the slopes.  He turned towards the trees and felt another unnerving feeling that somehow their tests weren't done yet.

"Let's go, and keep an eye, I got a bad feeling about this.."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2005, 02:40:18 PM »
The Group continued their journey several hours had past, Luna had rested and was now sitting atop Aldans shoulder she was playing with his hair while Rad and him chatted about their lost comrade strath.Skene walked behind them helping Atal support Faith. The Journey had been hard on her. She was becomeing more feeble and fraile as time passed by. She walked in silence preparing herself for what was to happen, She could barely remembered the day she recieved the moonstone, so long ago had it been. She smiled bitterely, She received the stone in times of peace, she regretted that one of these members before her would not have this luxury they would receive the stone in a time of war. Much rested on thier shoulders. Her dreams had become more violent, the moonstone used to protect her from such things, but not any more.  The time was growing near... her end.

Luna stood all of a sudden and screamed, "Aldan!" However before the words could leave her mouth she returned to her original size she soon found herself on the ground No, On top of Aldan on the ground. They had both lost balance  she roled over her face flushing as she laughed out loud. Aldan stood rubbing his back side.

A faint smile played acros Faiths lips. "So it is here that we are to make camp then. Tomorrow night we reach the Temple." Faith looked at Rad and Skene, "Will you clear a bitof this snow off the ground so that we can sit and not get our cloaks and bedding wet." She smiled again, "Why don't you two" she pionted to luna and Aldan, "go and gather some wood for fire way over there in the thicket of woods. You might even catch us something, Luna" she said.  

Each member obeyed.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2005, 11:04:11 PM »
Aldan still rubbing his backside sheepishly moved off with Luna into the woods.  The thick grove of woods seemed to seperate the two from the rest of the group rather quickly. Aldan looked around casting his eyes to the forest floor for some dry wood.  He supposed downing a tree probably wouldn't go down to well with the temple groundskeepers so he moved around, occasionaly glancing up at Luna.  

A dead fall log stood not fall off, the log half rotten was the natural nursry for three sapplings growing along the fallen tree.  Aldan grabbed a coupel of pieces of wood in his arms, a branch cracked behind him and he whirled around dumping his pile.  Luna stood there, Aldan smiled, "Whoa, you scared me.  How are you feeling?"

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #329 on: April 29, 2005, 08:42:06 PM »
OOC: I am finally finished with my third year of college; I finished my last exam today and now I am just a little tipsy so please excuse any grammatical mistakes will fix later! On with the show!

IC: Luna smiled as she bit her bottom lip, "I am feeling much better now, I always feel better here in the wild you are free... "she blushed slightly." We... still have half an hour until the sun sets over the cliffs.do you want to .... explore a bit before we gather wood. She held out her hand her eyes twinkling.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2005, 11:17:53 AM »
I felt a stifling heat in my tunic I ran a fainger threw the collar and loosed the first button.  Her sparkling eyes reminded me of sunfire jewels.  I took her hand, "Yeah, maybe we can find more than wood."

I felt my cheeks color red, "I mean some fruit or roots, maybe."  With that we wandered deeper into the woods.  I kept an eye on where we were going yet I found my line of sight drifting back to Luna always.  There was a clearing up ahead and I could see the sun just starting it's descent behind the mountains.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2005, 01:39:02 PM »
Luna loved to watch the sun set. It was always peaceful always warm.  She began to hum to herself the same song that once was held for Davynn, but now when she sang it a new, a different face came into her mind. A face which now peered at her. Do different from Davynn was he, yet also so similar. The last time she saw Davynn and spoke with him, really spoke with him, he seemed to know that she had an attraction to him, she played with his emotions asked him if her were jealous. He refused such notions, but part of her knew that in his heart he was, and it seems he may have had a reason to be. She liked Aldan, the way he used his power so confidently, the way he was always concious of thier situation and marking possible escape routes, but perhaps most of all she liked the way he looked at her, those eyes drifting over her body and then staring deeply into her eyes, as if he were peering into her very soul; the same way Davynn used to in her dreams. Sometimes these feelings made her feel guilty, Davynn alone somewhere dark and horrible, while she was standing hand in hand with Aldan.  She remembered Khione in her sadness left alone, she realized that she had a love here not one banished forever to the night sky. She was happy, and Davynn even in his absense would not want to deny her this. She didn't know if Davynn would ever again visit her dreams, but she needed a man whom she could love and treasure in her waking hours as well as in her slumber.

"Goodnight Davynn" she whispered.  She focused her eyes on Aldan and leaned her head on his shoulder.  "Faith told us that each of us holds apart in the others destiny. Do you believe that? Do you think we... all of us were destined to meet?"  She knew that she believed it. She had seen and done wonderful, amazing things with this group around her.  She had a feeling that the amazing things were not yet at an end.  He led her to a log that had fallen to the frozen ground, they sat their together. She noticed that there was loose branches and twigs littering the ground untouched by snow due to the evergreens that served as their protection. She waited patiently for his answer. Her head still lie in the warmth of his shoulder, her small hand still clutched his she took a deep breath, this was by far the most peaceful sunset she had ever experienced She smiled.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2005, 02:52:21 PM »
I gazed at the blazing sun as it fell behind the peaks, I clutched Luna's hand as tightly as she held onto me, I could feel every strand of her hair as it teased down my back with her head on my shoulder.   I heart ran like a hare in my chest and I pondered her question.  It was true.

"True coincidence are extremely rare.  Destiny has brought us together."

I looked back down at Luna, no matter how much I told myself this was ridiculous or that is was impossible the more I became enthralled with her.  Deep down in the solitudes of my soul I knew that I trusted her implicitly.  That if chance arose that I would throw my life away for her.  I broke my own vow and I trusted her.  I loved her.  I stared into the depths of her azure orbs realizing I barely registered say goodnight to someone.  I didn't care because the way she looked at me, I never wanted that to change.  Something important shimmered in it and made my spirits soar on her words I could move mountains, part seas, and conquer kingdoms.

I was turning into a zealot I realized a zealot for her love.  I carefuly watched this strange emotion grow in me.  It did not consume me like anger or the rage of battle but grew and adapted to who I was.  Her beautiful face appeared impossibly close now as if some ineviable outside force drew us together.  In hushed tones I spoke.

"How does this happen, how does love change us?"

I felt electric like a whip pulled taunt at any moment I thought this boiling emotion of love might consume me.  Luna was so close I could gasp she breathed, I could count her eyelashes and the measure the differnt flecks of blue, azue, and sapphire in her eyes.  How love changes us.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2005, 12:35:13 PM »
OOC: I know that I haven't been coming lately and I am sorry, RL issues have been calling me away, I am going to have to pause this game for a bit, but hope to pick it up again later. Sorry Guys.
                                                                     Yours, Adel
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2005, 09:33:33 PM »
Atal rose to his feet, feeling the wind blow through his thin white hair. He could smell something amiss in the air, something that made his nerves stand on end...something not right. The temple was close. He lifted himself from his seat, and moved away from the fire that the others had built. Was it the sorceress, he wondered. The temple should be too well hidden for her to find. He had even cast a small spell over them so that the crone couldnt track them to the temple. He wouldnt betray the ancient pact by negligence or stupidity.

He made quick time, moving faster than would seem possible with his old man's gait. He was growing winded, but it was nothing, he was close, he could feel the sanctity, the purity of the temple drawing closer. He cleared a low rise, his feet aching from covering so much ground so quickly. The temple lay ahead...he felt his breath catch in his chest. It had been in Faith's youth, the last time that he had been here.

Four pillars rose from the earth, each a glistening plinth of polished white onyx. The light of the moon sparkled and glittered through the stone, filling the clearing with soft light. The doors beyond were closed and dark. No braziers of warming coals welcomed travelers who found the temple by accident or celestial design. The sense of forboding grew stronger. He reached the doors, the silver was tarnished, the once lustrous metal stained black. Where were the monks who stodd, they who attended the temple?

He pushed on the door, but it didnt budge. He placed the tip of gnarled walking stick against the seam and uttered the seven words of opening...to no avail. He cursed and uttered the holy word of blasting, and not even a spark flared from the stone.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity