llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 31053 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2004, 04:04:22 AM »
Watching the old man make a jest of out of the fact that a fearsome draconian like him  was seeking the help of a feeble,old man,the draconian gave a mirthless little chuckle.If the Istari was trying to convince him that he had nothing to offer him,he had greatly underestimated Rad.

''Your frail appearance does not fool me'',the draconian rasped.''Like all your kind,you are held in awe by men.Some may fear you and others may see you as a saviour.But the one thing I know for certain,is that all hold you in awe and would never seek to go against you wishes,for fear of incuring your wrath.No,the Istari has no need of armor and swords.Armor and swords are for those who need them,those who inspire fear without the awe.''

''Besides'',he continued,''You are on a grave quest,where every bit of help you get is neccesary to stop your enemies from winning.You would be foolish indeed to reject my offer.What have you to loose,Istari,by accepting my help?If it means saving the lives of your precious champions,the little promise I ask of you,would have been more than worth it.Think carefully,old one,before you make up your mind on this matter. '' Having finished,Rad stood where he was,patiently waiting for the magi to give his answer.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2004, 10:26:18 AM »
"Not easy to tell, if brain there is." Atal gave a chuckle, "But truth there is, to what said you have." He leaned forward to blow into the fire, the flames billowed and danced, their orange corruscating with tones of blue, white, green, and shimmering gold.

"I remember, winged one," he said in a strangly hollow sounding voice, perhaps a little closer to the true voice of the istari than the wheeze of an old man. Shapes danced in the flames, the graceful arch of a serpentine neck, the flare of a dragoncrest. Wings rose and fell, as the flames became a multitude of dragons, each no more than the size of his hand. The smears of color were no construct of flame, it was the glimmer of dragon hide, the gold ones, the red ones terrible in wrath, the blacks so black that they took on a purple shine.

There was no malice, no mockery in the construct of living flame, but there was a remembrance of grandeur, and of the terrible pride, and honor of the great serpents, and their half-spawned children. The flames guttered, and the serpents, one by one, flickered and faded until only the orange flame remained, the fire from a half burned firepile.

"More wood, we need." Atal said, his voice again reedy, and old.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline very_veiwtiful_joe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2004, 01:41:48 PM »
OOC: DSL! DSL! DSL! DSL! YAYYY! Im back anyways.

IC: "Dont you worry your old bones. I'll go and get them myself." he said. He thought to himself "He's not such a bad old coot after all. He looked after Luna. Where is she anyway? I think I'll go after her." And he began to follow her in the direction of the river.
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2004, 01:24:37 AM »
The draconian had watched the Istari's display with a mixture of reverance and self-loathing. Reverance for the great wryms that he had seen decimate entire armies,that had awed all with their majestic and terrifying beauty.And self-loathing for being what he was.A freak.A freak that had been brought into existence,when a stolen dragon egg had been twisted and corrupted by his creators.

Was it any wonder that the great dragons were determined to destroy any of his kind they saw?They were after all,abombinations that were a twisted mockery of dragonkind.Maybe it was best that his kind fall into oblivion...

No!We are not to blame,he thought angrily.It was not as if we had asked to be brought into this world.But we were,all the same.And now we only seek the right to exist.The world must understand that we cannot  help being what we are.No,he would not let his kind sink into extinction for a crime they had been innocent of.Maybe he could save them,if all went well.He owed his brothers at least that much.Turning his atttention back to the Istari,he said''Do you accept my offer now,Istari?''
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2004, 07:53:54 AM »
"Accept or deny your offer, up to me it is not, nameless one," Atal said "Leave that to the others, I should, but speak against you, I will not." He said.

"Actions speak louder than words, acted you have. Cannot deny, helped you did." he gave a small chuckle.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2004, 08:30:27 AM »
OOC: Back!!! :D

IC: Luna lugged her burden down to the side of the river drawing water into its mouth.  She looked up and thought she heard footsteps in the distance.  They were faint, but definite. She creeped behind a rockat the edge of the water and readied her daggar should the need for it arise. She peered over the rocks and ther stood Strath arms full of dry wood.  " You scared me to death. I thought more of those Bantam Rocs were sneaking up on me.  Well as you are here let me ask you; what is your take on the draconian are they still arguing with each other? The cauldron is full let us discuss this as we make our way back.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline very_veiwtiful_joe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2004, 03:05:56 PM »
OOC: Just so you know Adel I got a little confused when you said, "what is your take on the draconian are they still arguing with each other?" It does'nt make sense.

"C'mon lets walk then. Well that Dracowhojamacallit. Funny fellow ain't he. I heard back home that they are ruthless assasins, well trained in the dark arts. One of those Northland fellows." Strath replied. but then added with a shrug But he's fine with me cos he kept you alive when those Bantam Rocs attacked. I think We should be getting back to camp in case Bantam Rocs sneak up and eat you." He then gave way to hearty laughter "I think the reasons those things attacked so feircely is that you were so scared of them!"
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2004, 10:15:32 AM »
" You think yourself a comic do you?" Luna chuckled. " In truth I was trying to get Faith out of the way. As I recall you yourself seemed a little antsy during the fight. No, they attacked me because I let my curiosity get the better of me I ignored the first rule of  a warrior by turning my back upon an enemy. I do wonder what the old woman was saying though?" Luna stared into the distance for a moment then said," I too have heard horror stories about these draconians, but he did help us. Could it be possible that the stories we heard are false?" As Luna finished this last question the two elflings had come upon thier camp. "Why don't I start the fire and get the water going while you clean our dinner? " Luna gave him a small smile and then set about to her chores. Luna wondered to herself, I wonder where this Icelos Temple  is and what vision awaits me? Then worry entered her mind, What if I don't recieve a vision. What if nothing happens. She bit her bottom lip.  She knew that all she could do was wait and hope.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2004, 10:24:20 AM »
Faith though awake remained laying down and eyes closed. She had seen many things in this her last dreamscape. She saw the Evil rising, shapeless and deathly dark. She saw four stars embedded in it this darkness. One in the center pulsating needing strengh and support one to the right shining brightly lending it's light to the others around and one growing deathly dim, but struggling still. And lying hidden still even to her was the fourth star. It seemed to elude her sight, but she could feel its warmth. She knew that though this dream was vauge its importance is great. I will learn more in the temple she promised herself silently. we must leave soon for I know not how much time is left for me here.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2004, 03:02:24 PM »
"Ah, good, long time you are gone." Atal said as Luna and her companion returned. The fire was already burning, the last traces of something burning out it, giving the air a strange acrid smell. A smell that made the hair on the back of her neck stand up on end...the smell of dragon.

"Fire we have now, Tea very soon done." he said, nudging the small iton pot with his foot. The metal flapper was hopping slowly as the steam inside built up. It wouldnt be long until it gave its ready whistle. The Old man's hands were covered in gore, he was in the process of cleaning the second of the bantam rocs, the first already trussed up from a low branch of the tree.

"Good spice, will add, salt season. Maybe not taste like dragon pants." he said with the chuckle of an old inside joke, or some bit of humor that only appealed to the old and addled.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2004, 10:34:57 PM »
Rad,who had been sitting beside Atal,still remembering the moving display he had seen,cocked his head when he saw the two elflings walking towards the fire.

Now came the most important part.All depended on these two young elves accepting his offer,for Atal had made it very clear that the decision as to whether or not Rad accompanied them on this quest,lay in their hands rather than his.

When they reached the fire and were greeted with an awful joke by Atal,he got up and walked around the fire towards the two of them.''Well,young elves,would you mind if I decided to accompany you on your quest?''.''Or does the idea of the big,bad,draconian wanting to come with you,make you want to run screaming far away from me?'',he added with a rasping chuckle.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2004, 10:30:08 AM »
At this Faith sat up her head still swimming from the nights adventures. "He must come with us to the Temple their he too will seek a vision.  I have seen it in a dream; all three of you and perhaps one more hold a part of this stones destiny. It is still unclear to me what this destiny might be or what mark it will have on each of you, but come you must." With this Faith stared knowingly into the elves eyes. " I however am inclined to agree with Atal I have given you my argument, but the decision still rests in your hands."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2004, 11:49:10 AM »
At her words lighting crackled on the cloudless night, but not from the air, several hundred yards away two figures could be seen dueling it seemed with bolts of lighting themselves.  Both were cloaked in black but one duelist was enamored foot to fore head in black armor and swirled with a black cape while the second only wore black pants and a tunic.  The bitter fight ranged all around the grove and into the trees where there was a pause.

"I will not fight you," One voice echoed, it rang true and clean.

"You are doomed to destiny, young one," This voice was black, it weezed and made your skin crawl.

"I will not fight."  His voice faltered a little.

"Yes..."

"No.." Almost a whisper.

"Your emotions have now betrayed you too, if you will not turn then perhaps... yes...  Twin sister... Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Your master was wise to hide her from me but now his failure is complete.  If you will not be turned then perhaps she will."

"NO!!!!"  The voice boomed through the forest like rolling thunder. The swords of lightining crackled again and again.  Then the sword of the young plunged into the other but met nothing but shadow, the other faded in a black mist,  cackling that made your bones shudder.

The young man with blonde hair and blue eyes came over and dropped to a squat near the camp fire, he looked exhausted, "Tea please?"

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2004, 02:07:10 AM »
Rad,waiting for the approval of the two young elves,had been totally unprepared for the crone's words.So taken aback was he,that he failed to ntoice the great display of lightning which seemed to accompny her words.

He had a part to play in the Stone's destiny?Now that was truly funny.If the crone thought that he was going to be one of her heros,she must be even crazier that he had thought.Nope,he had no intention of being any hero.He would help them defeat their foes,not out of his desire to help then thwart the forces of darkness,but to claim something he had no right to.

Playing a part in the Stone's destiny? Indeed.But not the part you think,crone,he thought wryly.

The second suprise of the night arrived in the form of the young human who burst out of nowhere and collapsed near their fire,begging for tea.

This one was a lot more unsettling than the first.An agent of the crone's enemies,coming in the disguise  of a weary traveller to rob them of the Stone? Not if he could help it.

Springing up on his taloned feet,he let out a reptilian hiss and menacingly flexed his lethal,curved claws,aware of just how demonic and terrifying he looked doing that.''Well,well,what do we have here now?''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2004, 12:14:01 PM »
The young man's eyes rested on the Dranconian beast but barely reacted to the outstreched claws and the unfurled wings, "If you reallly were as evil as you think you are you would have killed me by now, and I don't believe you would kill me now.  I can feel the good in you, no matter how little, you should build that up, it is a cleaner burning emotion than black magic."  The young man sprawled on his back resting for a second then stood up, "It pleases me to meet you, I am Aldan Frey the Paladin."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2004, 08:39:44 AM »
OOC: just  A note I changed a few of my previous posts slightly to accomadate Luke (just On pages 4-5)! welcome to the game. It is Faiths mentioning of the dream with three stars check it out to keep story straight.

IC: Faith smiled mildly at Atal... I knew there was to be more, Please young one sit and join us. We are about to partake in a meal. Young Draconian, will you please sit as well. Luna dear the tea is ready. Let us prepare the soup now. With this suggestion Faith sat in thought so you are the fourth are you. No wonder I couldn't see you, you had yet to arrive. Well arrive you have and tomorrow we all together we will set out set out.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2004, 08:53:57 AM »
Luna stared at the new commer, then ackwardly turned away at the sound of her name.  She got to her feet and looked at her dearest friend. I think we sould trust Faiths wisdom. I have no arguments to there acompaning us. This said she poured the tea and set the stew on to cook. She again looked at the new commer, as she turned away she smiled at her own thoughts, He's handsome, but those are usually the types not to put to much trust in. Still I suppose we could have fared worse. At this remark she looked at the Draconian, Rad. perhaps you are not as horrid a creature as most make you out to be.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2004, 03:29:42 PM »
"Path before you, long it is Paladin Aldan Frey." Atal said, giving the young one the same flesh penetrating gaze that he had given the draconian a few moments earlier. "Many trails await you..." Many trials, but will you succede, or give in to the despair in you heart...which way, I wonder.

"More tea. You want tea, clean dog bird for food." Atal said tossing the caracass of one bird towards the traveler. "Tea and meat."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2004, 06:23:55 PM »
After eating a quite meal Luna's eyes began to feel droopy. " Well there isn't many hours before dawn Might I suggest that we take the remaining hours for rest. Do we have any takers for first watch?"  With this Luna yawned and looked at the group expectantly."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2004, 10:47:50 PM »
''I will take the first watch'',Rad said quietly.It wouldn't hurt for them to have someone alert and capable enough to keep an eye on the strange young human,watching him.

Something about those intense blue eyes made him feel a little uneasy.Or
perhaps it was the young man's words.For a paladine,a defender of the light,to tell a draconian  that he had some good in him,was tantamount to a cleric making a demon his sucsessor.An ordinary paladin would have tried to slay him on the spot,exhausted or not.No,this was no simple paladin that had gate crahed at their little campfire.

An agent of his shadowy rivals?Or something else altogether?This man was hiding something.Well,Rad would study him until he found out who this mysterious stranger was.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2004, 11:25:46 PM »
Aldan already tired from the battling the Shadow ealier and with a full stomach fell asleep rather quickly his back against a tree.  He slept lightly it seemed whatever he dreamed the Shadow was always present just at the edge of his consciousness tantalizing him with confrontation then disappearing.  He woke up for second shift rather early and sat in the dark examining his fellows.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2004, 03:51:50 AM »
From the corner of his eye,Rad noticed the young man getting up and studying everyone with those burnring blue orbs of his.Odd.Night watch was not something most soldiers looked forward to.Especially those who collapsed by your camp fire,overcome with fatiuge.Yet another mystery about this young human male that bothered Rad.

Turning in the direction of the man,the draconian rasped,''Spying on us,my wee,little paladin? Or have you begun to doubt the goodness of my heart?'' This was said rather mockingly.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2004, 08:12:39 AM »
"Can't sleep actually, I'm not really spying but it's most an examination of consiousness.  I don't really have to focus at all these travelers minds are open as books while they sleep.  It's a better judge of character to me, actuaullt I have to confide in you that I'm not a full Paladin.  I'm still training to become one like my father before me, but my mentor was slain by a Shadow Knight not long ago so I have been traveling across the back country in search of knowledge.  I know enough about the Dragon to call on it with the strength of a Paladin but I'm not sure if I could stop myself from using it in evil rather than in the light. How about you, must be tough to be alert this late at night."

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2004, 08:56:29 AM »
Rad shrugged his scale covered shoulders.''For some reason,my kind do not get tired easily.I do not know why,but it must probally have something to do with our dragon heritage.But to return to to you now.So,you are on a quest to revenge yourself against a Shadow Knight,aye?You would do well to give up that stupid idea.A Shadow Knight is not someone you go searching for.I'm not a helpless maiden myself and yet even I wouldn't want to have a quarell with one.Unless of course,you have been driven mad by grief and harbour a secrest death wish to join your mentor.''

A grim little smile appeared on the draconian's lizard like visage as he said this.''And that would be a shame.You are a most fascinating person.Tell me,what is this Dragon you speak of?A demon?And what do you hope to achieve by tagging along with our little band?And most importantly,what secrets have you plucked from our minds?''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2004, 07:08:16 PM »
"Indeed, secrets you seek, danger you seek. All of these you have found." Atal said, having produced from his pouch his pipe, lighting it with a burning twig from the fire. He puffed on the pipe, producing some odd smelling smoke that was not entirely offensive, but all the same odd.

"Dangerous business, dealing with the Dragon. Triffled with it is not." he said, living perhaps up to his olden title of the Wise Councilor. There were others of the order who could have taken the boy under their wing, trained him to control his power if it was in him to be a paladin. Such matters, unfortunately were beyond his ken, for his was the alchemical world, and the matters of mind, not the milieu of combat, and light and darkness. He could no more harness dark power than the draconian could shed his scales and emerge an elven princess.

He put away his pipe, tucking it back into his pouch before pulling his cloak around him, and settling back against the tree. "I should give a word of warning, it is my way that even when I sleep my eyes do not close, and I will sometimes speak. Do not be alarmed." he said.