llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 31148 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 11:05:12 PM »
OOC: Maggot did yu or did you not recieve my PM?
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2004, 06:15:37 AM »
OOC:Sorry,I haven't been going through my mail recently.I'll do as you said and wait for hints or suggestions,before doing anything.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2004, 11:59:55 AM »
OOC: no worries.   :D

IC: Luna looked at the old man at his rather rude comment. She smiled and said "forgive me my lord, I forget you are old and tired you must like your tea as weak as you look."  Luna immediatley felt sorry for saying this she did not know what had come over her in her family she was taught never to talk rudely to an elder. She glanced back over at Strath a small grimice on her face, " I am sorry for my impertance," she said as she laid the kettle on the fire. She gathered her cloak about her and brought her knees in close to her chest so that she might rest her chin on them. Her eyes reflected the flames as they followed the dancing fire. Atleast the fire took off the nights chills. She could now smell the wonderful aroma of the fine tea.  It was nearly ready. " Sorry but has anyone any cups?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »
Faith stepped forward and said, "I have the cups.  Here dear child pour us some tea.  There is much to tell tonight dear ones so gather close and make yourselves comfortable.  To night is the night that both of your lives will be changed forever.  It is no secret I am dying and it is my duty to find a successor, my time grows short now, and I have procrastinated much to long.  This man Atal is my teacher, it is to him that I owe much knowledge, it was him that taught me the secets of this stone."  At saying this Faith inties a knot of a deep brown leather thong that was tied round her neck.  On this thong there was a stone pale blue in color that seemed to sing in the moonlight.  Faith watched as Luna's eyes followed the gentle curves fo the stone. "As you all can see the stone is shaped like a diamond with rounded corners it is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. How then might you ask can such a small beautiful object envoke such great powers.  This stone is but a key to worlds many only dream about.   All beings sleep it is a natural and neccessary process, of all beings also dream, this stone this key opens the doors to those worlds of dreams. We call them Dream scapes.  Our meeting here tonight was not some unknown coicidence it was fate. One of you will become the next Dream walker, one of you will be able to enter into the dreams of beings.  It is our duty as dream walkers to protect all beings as they lay in thier most vulnerable state.  One of you will be the protector of dreams. To decide who this person wil be we must travel to Icelos Temple where there each will enter the sacred cahmber and wait for a vision of sorts.  I shall enter first and then later each of you in turn. We must make haste the temple lies not far from here we should reach it in three days time." At saying this She tied  the thong again round her neck and looked intently at Atal, taking a deep breath she speaks again, "  I must also insist on a warning...." As these words left Faiths mouth all the forest became quiet she glanced upwards and said quickly " Go my children, go quickly" Pushing them out of the way.  Then out of the forest trees came a shrill cry as dark creatures came at them.  They were dark birds.  Strong but not incredibly bright. In trying to knock the small elflings away faith lost her footing and fell to the ground with a harsh thud.  She had hit her head and lay there unconcious as one of the birds landed down upon her taking the thong in its beak and pulling it hard, choking faith.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2004, 03:52:56 PM »
Demonstrating a spryness not expected of a hunched old man, Atal sprung to his withered feet, and with a quick thrust, knocked the offending raptor away from Faith with the foot of his walking stick.

"Evil is seldom late...always early." Atal said, as he quickly put out the flames that had started advancing up his leg. "And sends chickens to mock us!" he shouted, fending off another of the avians with his walking stick.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2004, 11:03:20 PM »
Still hidden in his hiding place,Rad had heard the crone impart the secret of the moonstone to her young champions.The power to enter another's dreams! Yes, this moonstone would make him very powerful indeed.With it,even the proud dragons would lie vulnerble to him.He smirked as he fantasized about the amazing artifact that would be his soon.

The  sudden warning screamed by the crone,shook him out of his little reverie of glory.He saw a cloud of winged shaped descend on the camp and start attacking the crone.His excellent vision allowed him to make out the feathered nightmares and identify them as oversized raptors.Why would these strange birds attack the camp?Then it struck him like a bolt of lightning.Some one else was after the stone! Well,he be d**ned before he allowed some flock of idiot birds to steal what was his.

With an angry growl,he jumped out of the thicket and spread his leathery wings to catch a  strong wind current.Although not capable of true flight,he could glide on a strong air current for quite a fair distance.Like the one heading his way now.With a spring,he leaped up and and swooped towards the besiged camp like a great bat.

A few feet away form the edge of the clearing where the camp was set up,he folded his wings and landed smoothly on his taloned feet.Rushing into the camp,he saw the crone lying slumped on the ground and the old magi  fending of the raptors trying to get at her.Witha snarl he jumped into the mass of filthy,feathered bodies,raking out with his hooked claws and snapping with his jaws.With his thick scales, the only part of him the raptors could hope to hurt were his eyes.But so fast and deadly were his movements,that any raptor which tried to gauge his eye out,was shredded to bloody bits by his deadly claws.He allowed himself a grim smile.He certainly stood a better chance at coming out of this alive than the soft skinned would-be heros.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2004, 11:03:48 PM »
with Faith still sprawled out on the forest floor Luna stood over her bow piosed using her keen elvin eyesight to fire arrows into the night. She heard rustleing in the bushes and more shrill cries they were out numbered four to one and more on the way. one lept at her back but she easily shrugged him off and plunged her daggar into its heavily feathered body. " These are really big chickens... they look more like dogs with wings and beaks. Where is Strath?" Luna breathed heavily as another plummeted into her side then fell to the ground where she quickly kicked it away.  Another would soon follow.  

OOC: Kay Mag in you go!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2004, 10:43:13 PM »
OOC: I may or may not be in the next couple of days I am going to the Big Spring Jam! YEAH!!!! 8) I will however try and stop in at some piont!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2004, 04:15:32 AM »
OOC:I might not be able to post everyday either,due to the fact that I will be going on vacation soon.I will however,make an effort to put in a post or two.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline very_veiwtiful_joe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »
Strath was at the top of the tree looking for some loose branches when the fray began. Then he thought to himself "I knew that all that stinking training would pay off someday." He stood up with pristine balance and nocked an arrow to his bow. He began to debate with himself as to what his target should be. He thought "Well he's giving those things what for, but he looks so evil." He took careful aim and took one of the dogs throught the head.
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2004, 09:55:38 AM »
Luna seeing the others fighting with spirit turned to Faith.  Gathering her old weathered body in her arms she tried to make for the trees of the forest hoping to hide her. Luna quickly loomed around to see one of the beasts rushing toward her, but Strath quickly put it out of its memory as his arrow cut into its head with a swift blow. Faith began to stir in Luna's arms she rushed to a old hollowed log just on the outskirts of their camp.  She leaned in close the old woman was trying to say something...

Luna striving to comprehend what the old lady was saying disobeyed the first rule of battle she turned her back on the enemy, and the enemy was ready to take advantage of this just as Luna drew closer to Faith's lips a creature landed on her back and dug its razor sharp claws into her.  Luna's cry pierced the night and echoed through the wood.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2004, 11:15:51 AM »
OOC: Um Magg no big deal or anything but if you edit something it doesn't show us that you did don't get me wrong I love it when some one does an edit that means they have put some thought into it.  Only next time can you do an OOC to let us know so we don't get story mixed up! thanks! 8)  :D  8)
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2004, 04:11:50 AM »
Atal whirled about like a withered dervish when Luna gave her piercing cry. He handled his gnarled walking stick the way a flamboyant rogue would defly handle a silver bladed rapier, poking, thusting and whirling the weapon about in a menacing manner. For the rogue, it was an impressive display intended to intimidate, but from a hunch-backed old man with a walking stick it seemed more comical than anything. Still, the bird things gave indignant squawks and crys as they were proded in the eye, or rapped across the beak, some fell with broken wings, to be set upon by their brethern.

A deft hand was thrust into his leather bag, and he pulled out a much smaller pouch, one that a person would use to carry small items, such as coins and such. He threw the small pouch, hitting Luna in the shoulder with it, where it puffed open in a cloud of dust. Luna, and Faith were nearly overcome with the sweet scent of almonds and something else, something dry that made them want to cough.

The avians were affected in a greatly different manner. They fell to the ground, writhing in agony, their hatefull eyes rolling in their skulls as their bodies struggled to live, while the strange powder convinced them otherwise.

"EYAH, this bird" Atal pointed with his walking stick towards the winged draconian, "This bird needs root of Dragonsbane!" he said as he reached into his bag, his hand grasping tightly around something unseen.

"Are you here to ruin my tea also!?" Atal demanded in his old mans voice.

Offline very_veiwtiful_joe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2004, 05:18:23 PM »
Scras, could you do me a favour and take over my character for a while im gonna be gone a while because I'm getting broadband. And if not i will try and be back in a couple of days.

I Trust you wont kill me :D
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2004, 11:31:54 AM »
OOC: well as for right now we are waiting on Mag he has explained his absense and I will give him a little longer to respond!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2004, 12:19:44 PM »
As Atal began to his rampage over his tea, the birds, those that still lived, fumbled back into the forest thier shrill cry dying in the wind. Faith stirred and Luna looked down on her shh... rest now all is safe. Luna sat still as she flet lifes liquid ozzing out of her body; the bird had cut deeply into her skin. Strath came up and touched her wounds, the sticky blood coating his fingers. She jumped at his touch and moved away. She had always taken care of herself and her wounds needed to be dressed. She needed to go to the river and clean them. As she stood the pain seared up her back and rested on her left shoulder where the wounds were the worst.  She looked at the Draconian figure that had fought by their side. She wondered if he had come to their aide or was merely caught off gaurd as they were. "No matter", she thought, " If he could fight beside us he could at least stay and share a meal tonight."  She spoke through clenched teeth, trying to compose herself through the harsh pain to show to much pain was weak; however,  she new also to show to little was inhuman.  "I know of these birds they are called Bantam Rocs and they will make good stew..." her breathing came harsh and sudden "I will go to the river and gather some water and herbs. Who will prepare the meat?"  These last words quivered as they left her lips. Going to the river would allow her to not only gather water for stew, but also cleanse and dress her wounds. Living in the wild she had learned not to let easy food go. Though they may have reserves of food stored else were it would have better use later when no food was availiable. She grabbed a larger copper cauldron and looked to the others for a reply to her question.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 08:33:14 AM »
OOC:Im back everyone!

Panting heavily,Rad swore aloud.''By the Dark Queen's heads,what were those things?!''.Those raptors were like nothing he had ever seen before.As big as dogs and as vicous as sharks,they did not bode well for one who sought to posses the Moonstone as his own.This little incident changed everything for him.

Until now,he had assumed that getting the moonstone would simply be a matter of taking it away from it's ill prepared guardians.How could he have been so naive as to think that there would be no other forces after this stone?Forces with greater resources than him,unfortunately.This called for a quick change in thinking.A lesser being would have panicked,but years as an assasin and soldier had thought Rad how to keep his calm in even the most desparate of situations.

Think, Rad.You don't know anything about those who want the Stone.These people however,do.If there is a sword,you use it.It's the same with them.Convince them you're on their side and learn all the weaknesses of your competitors.

Now everything was clear and simple to his cold,rational mind.Use them to cope with those who would try to rob him of his prize. It was settled.He would need them,until he was sure that his rivals would not be able to kill him and take the Moonstone away from him,as he had been planning to do to these fools.

He turned to the the Istari,only to hear the old man call him a bird with a bad case of scales and accuse him of trying to ruin his tea.Clamping down on the urge to kill the old louse with great effort,Rad snarled.'''If you're done being a senile,old fool,would you care to tell me more about these foul things?.''That is,if you are indeed  fammiliar with them,sagacious one?'',he added mockingly.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2004, 07:36:02 AM »
"Rude," Atal said as he limped over to where Luna lay. He squated down next to her, his leather back half laying on the ground. He didnt take his eyes off of the draconian, but removed yet another uniform looking pouch. It contained a different sort of powder that he mixed in the palm of his handd with some water from the teapot, as well as some of Lunas spilt blood. He pulled the tatters of her clothing from the wounds and quickly applied the odd smelling salve to the lacerations.

"You invoke Dark Queen, expect you to be friend. Maybe you just send dog-birds." Atal said, his eyes seeming to penetrate the draconians armored hide.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2004, 11:25:36 AM »
"As I said before these creatures are called Bantam Rocs they are, but smaller versions of the dreaded Rocs that plague countries east of here.  there meat is tough, but it is not poisonous and it tenders nicely if stewed right..." she glanced at Strath, the person who knew her best, as Atal applied a foul smelling concotion on her wounds... she did not show her uncertainty as the old man applied his ointment. Luna had always cared for herself and wasn't very keen on relying on another.  However,  the salve, though putird in smell, did ease the pain.  "Maybe," she thought, " I don't have to rely on these people; Just trust them, trust what they say is true, and follow them, but first some stew, and then some questions. Which of you will be cleaning the bird?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2004, 10:16:14 PM »
The old magi's stare seemed to see through Rad's bones and flesh,laying his very soul bare to his intense scrutiny.Accustomed as he was to danger and hostility,Rad shuddered slightly.If the magi's suspicions were not allayed immediately,all would be lost.

You can handle this,he told himself.Convince the old man you had nothing to do with this.After all,he thought wryly,it would be the honest truth.These winged vermin suprised me as much as they did these fools.

Adressing the old man once more,Rad rasped''I assure you my departed Godess has nothing to do with this.No,she has left this miserable world for good,leaving me and my brothers to the mercy of everyone.So far,it has yet to be shown.Now his voice took  on a bitter edge.''No,human,I would not be having to hide in this forest from civilization,if my Dark Queen was still around.But I digress.It seems to me that those who do want you and your friends dead,seem to have plenty of resources at their disposal.I doubt Bantam Rocs are all they will send after you.But I being as generous as I am willing to offer my services as a warrior.For a little price of course.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2004, 12:50:40 PM »
If it was one thing Luna hated more than anything else it was being ignored.  As Atal was done attending to her wounds she came to her feet and checked again on Faith she was resting quietly her breathing comming long and even!  Luna once again grabbed the copper kettle and began her decent into the woods toward the healing waters of the fresh stream.  "Guess I am preparing dinner myself, " she mumbled under her breath,  while these men argue until they are blue in the face."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2004, 03:18:42 PM »
OOC: I have had some real life family stuff come up I don't know if I will be able to post for the next couple of days.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2004, 07:30:15 AM »
Atal watched as Luna departed, wounds still seeping while she lugged the copper pot down to where there was water. Women. He gave a sigh, and turned his attention back to the massively built draconian, with his blood covered talons and partialy spread wings, looking quite like the demonic stereotype.

"So you make like to be good guy...EH?" Atal said, his eyes dissecting the warrior, seeing the weak points under the steel hard armor, the intersections of sinew and bone, or possibly the chakras where a well thrust finger could disrupt the flow of vital energies through the bodies.

"Chop chop on dog bird," he said, "Big scare for elfeses. How long listen have you been?" he asked.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2004, 10:18:43 PM »
Aware that the magi's sweeping gaze was studying his body for weak and vulnerble points,Rad fixed him with a steely gaze of his own.Long years as an assasin had thought him how to keep his body and mind under controll.He had to show these bunch that he was no danger to them,if things were to go according to plan.

''Long enough to hear that you and your pathetic heros carry a great artifact that is sought by powerful ones who would do anything to get it,thus my offer of asistance.And as for your first question,my reasons are entirely selfish.I tire of being hunted like an animal by this paranoid world.True,we fought for the Dark Queen,but so did many men and dwarves.She was our creator and we had to do as she bade.Now that she is gone however,we are blamed for the chaos she wrought  and our kind has been hunted by everyone,even the great dragons who see us as abombinations that insult their kind by our very existence.''Once again the old bitterness seeped into his voice.How many of his brothers had  been slain?Was his kind doomed to extinction?It seemed to him that the true crime they had been guilty of,was being created in first place.Was there no hope?

With a slight effort that the Istari could not have noticed,he tore himself away from the tentacles of despair and returned to the matter at hand.''My terms are simple,mage.I help you keep an eye on those young fools and in return,you give me your protection from those who would seek to destroy me.The same goes for any of my brothers I rescue.I'm sure such a promise should be no trouble for one of the fabled Istari.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2004, 11:07:56 PM »
"Very funny you are." Atal said, the scrutiny of his gaze relenting. He turned his eye back towards the fire, and seemed to shrink three sizes as he settled into the ground. "To seek the aid...the wisdom of the Istari, goof this is. But to seek the shield of the Istari...foolish. Think you I can stop the mind of men?" Atal asked as he pushed his small black iron teapot closer to the fire.

"There is only so much an Istar can do, no sword swing I, no armor don do I..." he chuckled his little old dry man's chuckle. "Comic would it not be, mighty dragon-blood, protected by old mans cane?" he asked with a wheezy laugh. There was not much lore available on the Istari, save only that they appeared in time of need, and granted those they helped the wisdom of their age.

There had been others, one who was sung of by the elves, who remembered not only wise council, but a vigorous man of action, fighting on with staff and sword even when the odds seemed stacked beyond imagination. There was a darker tale of one who forsook his order, and sought to create himself a kingdom in the mortal realm, though his end is poor, unkindly slain by a servant. Neither tale seemed to fit the withered old man, who coughed, and wheezed like a stone miner on his deathbed, as bent and dry as a 100 year old woman.