llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 32861 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline foxylady13

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« on: August 28, 2004, 11:21:56 AM »
I am Faith keeper of the moonstone. I live to protect it i have all my life but to day things change i am dieing i have to find someone to replace me. they have to be strong and willing to give up there life to protect the secrets of the stone. I ask anyone who thinks they are worthy enough to be the monnstone protector! Anyone should come forth soon as we will enbark on a quest as soon as i have 5 worthy moonstone servants.
i knw im not hated but i wish i was loved

Offline foxylady13

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 11:48:04 AM »
i want only the best and most trustworthy! The stone is calling. I pray you please hurry my time is coming to an end!
i knw im not hated but i wish i was loved

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Questor Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Locations Guild
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:45:19 PM »
OOC:How should we enter this game?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 12:35:43 PM »
A young elvin girl with pale honey hair and and cornflower eyes watched from the tree at this woman what was she practicing a speech or just mad?  She was intrigued by the word moonstone, but she would have to be careful she didn't want to draw attention to herself. She was different in ways that many wouldn't understand. She no longer knew who she could or couldn't trust. This woman protesting her need for a heir to a bunch of trees now that was a little off.  That made her smile... a little off just like her.  The moon was rising and it was getting a bit cold out side. With out thinking she turned over and lay on her back carefully balanced on the branch she cupped her hands and whispered silently the sounds were like that of a crackling fire warm and invighting. Then in her hand fire apeared burning nothing but warm still. It glowed in her hand warming her body. She could still hear the woman she sounded sad and wise.  Who was she calling to the girl thought.

OOC: I know that I took a few liberties here and if you want me to revise just say so but you gave us very little to go on no setting and no mood. If you think it should be different just let me know Kay!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline very_veiwtiful_joe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 02:54:51 PM »
Strath dropped silently behind his freind the elf and asked, "Are you kind of puzzled by her behaviour? Uloth knows I am." He carried a quiver of arrows and a bow. So if this person was a hostile one he was well armed.
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 02:55:54 PM »
OOC: at least i can come into this one with no questions asked huh adel.
The strong are not always strong. The mighty are not always mighty. But the Wisdom of the Wise lasts forever.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Questor Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Locations Guild
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 10:17:16 PM »
Lurking in a thicket some distance away from where the elf and warrior were,Rad the draconian had observed everything,unseen.He had heard the old woman cry out for some one to take on the sacred duty of guarding something called the moon stone.Was the old crone mad?Touched in the head perhaps?Or did such an artifact of great power truly exist?

If it did,it would certainly be useful to him.Standing at 7 feet and covered in scales from lizard like snout to taloned feet,the draconian resembled a fearsome mix of reptile and human.Like the rest of his kind,he had been spawned from dragons eggs corrupted and twisted by evil magi.When his dark creators had finally been defeated and slain,he and his brothers had become hunted by dragons and men alike,regarded as evil abombinations that had to be destroyed.With this Moonstone however,if such a thing did indeed exist,he could turn the tables on his hunters and gain tremendous power.All he had to do was wait.Once the crone chose her succsessor and brought out the moonstone,he would strike.Until then he would bide his time.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 11:03:07 AM »
Luna quickly turned around extingishing the light " Oh it is just you Strath, be careful do you want her to know we are here?" Luna laughed under her breath, " Put yur arrows away for now I do not think she poses us any harm."

OOC: Guess so Joe! :D   Just so we are clear Strath and Luna are freinds but, did they grow up together? or just meet on the road? Are you elvin or of other race? Can you give me a better physical description! Nice playing with you!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 03:39:28 PM »
OOC:This game is looking to be good

Name:Strath
Height: 5"7
Build: Well built Upper body
Hair: Black
Eye color: Green
Clothes: A leaf green jerkin and a pair of home weave brown trousers. wears a small chain that has sentimental value of some sort.
Position in game: Childhood freind of Luna and junior champion archer of the Elves.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 11:03:51 PM »
OOC: I am guessing that Fox lady isn't coming to take over so I suggest someone else take her place. Any takers? Mag... Joe?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 03:18:15 PM »
OOC: It's all yours Adel; unless Maggot has an objection. I've kinda lost contact with Maggot on Yahoo. I hope hes allright. :?

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 11:24:28 PM »
OOC:I have none,Adel. The character of Faith is all yours.I wonder why foxy lady started this thread and then abandoned it?

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 12:55:37 AM »
"YAH YAH YAH!" an old man said, his dry feet crunching through the underbrush. He was perhaps four feet high, maybe taller if his back wasnt hunched over from age. A pair of filmy glasses perched on the end of his nose, and a whispy white beard and mustache clung to his face like a mold. "So much racket too-night." he said in a rather high pitched voice.

"Crones shouldnt shout when old men try to sleep, EH!?" he said. "And then there are elfses, tall and pretty, BAH! Nothing but trouble comes on your heels, say I." He carried a walking stick as gnarled as he was, and a stout leather script hung from his waist, similar to the great cloth handbags of merchants but this one was black leather and the clasp looked to be of silver.

"How bout wave moonstone in air, light big fire, EH. That way whole world know crone. Save time, just give to demon. That way we just die with noo-crone wail." he snatched the moonstone from her hand. For a second, those who saw the old man saw that beneath the shabby and old exterior was the spirit of one of the Istari, called by some magi, and by others meddlers and stormcrows.

"You, big and pointy ears, go make fire." the old man barked at Strath, "Tea no make itself." He said as he pulled a small cast iron teapot from his pack and half flung it at Luna.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 06:43:05 AM »
Still hidden in the thicket,Rad swore under his breath.One of those cursed Istari! The arrival of the magi changed everything.He could have easily slain the crone,the annoying pointy-ears and the idiot boy who fancied himself a warrior.But one of the  Istari was not to be underestimated,even by a fearsome killer such as himself.

''Shall I give up,now?'',he hissed.''When I have come so close to obtaining real power? No! Anything is better than being hunted like an animal by those terrible dragons and the filthy humans!''

He would simply wait till night fell and they slept.Then he would slit their throats while they slept and claim the moonstone as his own.The Istari might have them take turns guarding the camp,but a master assasin like himself could kill the sentry before he would even notice the dark shadow sneaking up behind him.A vicious grin crossed his face,as he fantasized about the power that would be his soon.

Authentic Strolenite®©

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 11:28:14 AM »
Strath asked Luna, in elvish, "Who the hell is the old one? Who does he think, he is pushing us around like that?" He went, still muttering to himself to find some stones to surround his fre to prevent forest fire. He looked out to the sandstone quarry nearby and began to jog lightly towards it. "Its like, stinking being back at home, with mam making me do all the work. Not no stinking more. I've had enough of that for TWO lifetimes."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 12:06:59 PM »
OOC: Kay Here I go since I will be playing two different Characters I will try and Keep them seperated. Just so all is understood I do not except power gamers. Do not Kill any of the PC unless you have first PMed me and we have discussed it with the PC that it involves. I want you guys to have fun so any suggestions and or complaints Please PM me! I will finish the actions and if there is a problem with something I have said or done please let me know! I am at school and so will probalby not be able to post every day. However if I am going to be gone for a prolonged amount of time I will make sure I tell you I hope I will find the same courtesy from you. If you do not post for three days and the ball is in your court I will PM you and then after a following two days if you have not responded I will take over your character until you return! I think that is it I am a new GM and if I have left anything out let me know! With that said lets begin!

P.S. Foxlady if You return and wish to take back over depending upon how far we are in the game and what the others PC have to say I will give your game back.

IC: Faith looked at the old crumpled Man and snatched the moonstone back placing it once again around her neck. A wide grin spreading across her long paper thin face. With a look of wisdom and a gleam in her eyes she spoke to the man in a language long forgotten. " My dear friend did it ever occur to you that this old Crone as you so eloquently put it knew exactly what she was saying and doing. You would do well to hold your ambitious tongue and help the elf gather wood for the fire I thought you more intellegent than that allowing someone to roam about the woods alone when such dangers are about. Much will  be explained tonight, the moon rises and it grows colder. We will need the fire to ward off the darkness. Go quickly the girl will stay here with me.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 01:50:13 PM »
"EEEEEE, I no gather wood crone. Bones to old for picking up sticks." The weathered old man said. "Good work for the young."

He found a suitable spot, and sat down slowly, using the stick as leverage until he was seated firmly on the ground. Laying the stick down next to his side he opened his satchel again and rummaged around through it, creating a variety of odd noises, glass like clatters and metallic clanks, the rustle of chain links, and the dry whisper of paper.

"EYAH! I have too much junk!" he said, as he continue to rummage around through the bag, until finally he pulled out a thick bound leather book, the cover dusty with age and neglect. Pushing the glasses further up on his nose he opened the book, and began writing.

"Old Crone Faith after too many years, finally decides to pass moonstone...long and painful like kidney stone, but larger. Will be new one to take it. Two elf come, maybe one of they..." he slapped the book shut and deposited it back down into the bag.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 10:47:32 PM »
The old woman looked at the old man laughter in her eyes, how it would sadden her to leave him so soon. "Alright I will gather the wood and you can help the girl make the tea. You always were better at woman's work." Without waiting for a reply she retraced the steps of the young elvin boy.  gathering dried wood as she walked.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »
Luna smiled nervously at the old man, " You needn't help I saw a stream not far from here I shall fetch the water." Luna grabbed the Kettle and weaved her way through the underbrush her slender body and agile feet making easy work of the forest terrain. Soon she came up to a small but swift moving stream she knelt beside it and began to rinse the Kettle out before carrying the water back to Camp. As she knelt the ends of her honey color hair drooped down into the water. She began to hum her voice was sweet but, sad. The water seemed to sing with her she felt at peace here. She looked up at the Pale full moon its face smiling down upon her. It was full in the sky now as night finally began to settle in around her. the cold night air kissing her pale skin. The fire should be blazing, warm and inviting back at camp. She slowly began retracing her steps careful not to spill a drop of water though her hands now grew numb.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 11:47:39 PM »
Atal, though he had been called many other names, not all of them nice, leaned back against the bole of one of the many trees. There would be tea soon and that suited him nicely. He drew a pipe, short and obiously hand carved from a pocket. He sprinkled a dry fingerful of crushed leaves into the bowl and drawing a twig from his bag, lit the bowl. He puffed contentedly on the pipe, his lips slightly wet.

The moonstone. An elusive thing, a thing of mystery and legend. He hoped that a few moments of contemplation would help him remember the stone, it had been such a long time since he had done anything with it.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 11:53:50 AM »
Luna hurried back to the camp site and saw the old man sitting with his pipe in his mouth. She wrinkled her nose at the sickeningly sweet smell.  She noticed that as of yet there was no fire. She again looked at the moon "should not the others have already returned?  Should we not go look for them?" She looked at the old man intesity set in her deep cornflower eyes. Just as she spoke out of the woods came the young elf and the elderly woman there arms heavy with wood. Luna quickly went to help the woman they set a place for the fire and soon it was ablaze.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 12:02:11 PM »
Faith went and set heself down next to Atal. Her chest now heaving harshly.  "I could do with some tea dear" she addressed Luna here this brew in my satchel. As luna prepared the Tea she spoke quietly to Atal. "Is this all then, two, should we wait and see if more come I was expecting more that this.  You are ancient and wise dear friend, teacher. Should we wait till the moon is High in the sky and then  pass on the knowledge that was once passed on to me?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 02:41:52 PM »
OOC: Sorry i took so long Adel. I was under pressure to hand in a maths coursework. But im back now :D

Just at that moment Strath walked in with a pile of rocks. "There. Let me go get some fire-wood. He started in the direction of the Draconian, but then thought better of it and went the opposite direction. "looks promising over in that thicket over there." He was soon rewarded with some fallen pine billets. He looked around for some flint and saw some lying on the floor. He arranged the rocks he had brought earlier in a circle and placed some tinder in the centre. He took the flint and began to spark it against his dagger and was gratified to see a small puff of smoke. He then blew gently on the small glow and was given a flame. He added a first pine billet and watched the flame catch. "There. You happy.....?" He asked the man whilst adding under his breath "Ye old coot."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 04:33:35 PM »
"We wait, or we dont," Atal said, puffing on his pipe. The moments of introspection had yielded the nuggets of wisdom that he sought, he remembered the moonstone and its place between the waking world and the dream.

"I say, tea first, then business." He sat back after handing over a pouch of tea leaves to the young one making the tea.

"EYAH! not so much, you think tea like that grows on trees?" Atal said as the tea was being prepared. "Okay, so tea all grows on trees, but none of these trees...want drink elm tea?" he said after a moment.

"At least this one can make fire with no knocking latern over." he said, waving his gnurled staff at Strath.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 10:44:18 PM »
Huddled in his thicket,Rad held his breath as the elf boy slowly approached his hiding place. The little idiot would ruin everything! If the boy saw him,he would scream out a warning that a monster was lurking in the undergrowth and was spying on them.To be so close to his goal and then lose it to some brat playing ranger,was enough to make his blood boil with frustaration and anger.

Just as he was seriously considering killing the boy if he got too close,the brat stopped in mid stride.He then proceeded to turn and walk in the opposite direction.

Rad let out a hiss of relief.He had come so close to being detected.For a moment he contemplated moving himself to a hiding place futher away from the clearing,then decided against it.He didn't want the boy to hear the sound of anything large moving and get suspicious.Best to stay put,until they fell asleep.If only that moment would come sooner!

Authentic Strolenite®©