llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 31878 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2004, 09:19:51 PM »
Aldan grinned a little, "maybe I mis-spoke I am not the most afluent in words, I feel others intentions and feelings, so in a sence I can read feelings but not minds.  No it takes a powerful Shadow Knight to use the Dragon to influence the mind.  Even then I can still affect the weak minded with the Dragon; ease suspicion, quell anger, make one oblivious to me.  I did not do that to you, any of you.  Without a mentor I guess I am trying to teach myself, and use some the ancient writ I have collected on my travels.  It has not been easy expecially with the war the Army Darkness is waging on the Council of Paladins, I haven't heard much news though."  Aldan drank from a small flask that smelled vaguely of burning silk.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2004, 10:41:24 PM »
Luna releived that another person had taken first watch layed down her head and closed her already drooping eyes... When she again opened her eyes she found herself once agian in the mist covered forest. She had often visited this place in her dreams. Since she was a child she has had this haven as a second home. " Davynn... Daaaaavynnnn," Luna called to a person of whom only she knew. He was always here when she visited this forest for the first time he had been there.  His raven black hair dazzling in the moonlight. His Ice blue eyes laughing at her.  Luna called to him again. Then she suddenly turned about and there he was, with the same coal hair, and the same laughing eyes. She had grown up with him just as much as she had grown up with Strath.
"I see you have been kind enough to grace me with your presence, princess, " Davynn bowed his head allowing his dark hair to fall in his eyes.

" I am no princess and you know that, besides how am I to know when the boy of my dreams decide to visit me?" Luna countered.

" You're a princess to me,  You like your new traveling companions don't you?" Davynn asked.

"Yes I do. Something about this journey just seems right. I finally feel safe here." Luna smiled

" You especially like the new Paladin I see,"

"Jealous are we..." Luna giggled.

"No... No." Davynn Blushed, "You may feel safe, but this is not a safe time Luna. You must be on your gaurd."

"My friends and I will protect each other." Luna said trying to comfort her lonesome friend.

" It is not good enough. I need to be there I need to protect you," Davynn hit the tree he was leaning against then as if talking to know one but himself. " But I can't, Not yet, but I will."

Luna began to ask what he meant... but as she looked into his frosty eyes tears in them she...
Woke up. With a start she sat up. Turning to Rad she avioded his eyes. " I don't think I will sleep anymore this night, perhaps I should take watch and allow you some rest."
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2004, 10:41:54 PM »
Rad gave a smile that was supposed to be friendly.Unfortunately,with his reptile like visage,it looked as if he was bent on eating the elfess.Any one who didn't know better,would have run away screaming in terror.

''Seems to me that just about everyone is awake.As you can see,the old man and the paladin are having an interesting little conversation. But a little rest for me wouldn't be unwelcome.I don't suppose any of you carries strong dwarven spirits?'
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2004, 12:04:55 PM »
Luna gave a quick laugh and mimbled jokingly " No sorry fresh out."  In saying this she turned her back to the fire, " Looking into the fire light ruins your night vision we would be easy prey if another nocturnal creature were to happen upon us again." She peered into the darkness and thought longingly at what Davynn had said.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2004, 05:58:46 PM »
Exhausted and with a bit of fire whisky in him, Aldan passed out shortly probaly not to wake up untill mornnig.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2004, 11:12:55 PM »
''True enough'',Rad answered. ''I was planning to borrow the paladin's flask and drink some of the fire-whiskey that he had neglected to offer me.But if you feel that the likelihood of another attack is great,I could help you keep watch.My eyes are much sharper than yours,after all.''

And,he added silently to himself,I must do everything possible to win your trust and repect,so that I can use you for my own selfish ambition.That,my trusting little friend,is why I will do everything in my power to keep you and the boy alive.I can only hope that you will forgive when I do what I must,though I will not deserve it anymore than I do your trust and respect.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2004, 11:13:13 PM »
OOC:Sorry,I repeated my post.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2004, 11:37:19 AM »
Luna looked back at Rad " No, I was merely stating the obvious, Please try and get some rest. If I even think I hear anything I will wake the camp immediatley."   perhaps my eyesight is keener than you think. She added to herself as she took a deep breath and inhaled all the sents the forest had to offer.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2004, 07:19:26 PM »
A couple of hours earlier, the man entered the forest, looking distressed and depressed. Long had he searched on this new land to find some people to help him. He had traveled from the east, from the continent Camalini, where his country, Caladin, was being threatened by ogre hordes. So far his search for help had been a failure and he was saddened deeply, if he found no help and returned, he would be disgraced, and if he returned not in time with help, there would be nothing to return to. So Skene Whitewing entered the forest, on dark thoughts as he did not sense the pack of wolves watched him with hungry eyes. As he entered about 200 yards from the camp in which Adel watched on, he was attacked finally. They came from all sides and Skene had a few seconds to unsheath his sword and drop his pack. They bit and slashed at him, cutting through what he thought hard armour and biting into his flesh. He fell to one knee as the tendons fell to one knee. He slashed at one and killed a wolf, the wolves backed away and came in fresh force as Skene's helm slipped off. Skene whispered a prayer to his god to spare his country and waited for the end....
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2004, 10:06:40 PM »
Rad shrugged.''Suit yourself then'',he said in that now familliar rasp of his.

Well,it was time to help himself to the paladin's fire whiskey.Wouldn't be the same as dwarven spirits,but it was the best there was around here.With this mind,he strode to the sprawled form of the slumbering paladin,only to  stop abruptly in mid stride,halfway to the paldin.Had he just heard the sounds of something growling?It was rather far off,but he could still hear it. He cokced his head,straining with his hightened hearing to determine if he'd indeed heard such a sound.Yes,this time there was no mistaking it.Some feral beast was svaging some one or something.This could mean trouble,or it could just be some fox savaging an unfortunate rabbit.Only one way to find out.

Jerking his head to where Luna stood near the camp fire,he called out to her.''I think all is not well with the forest tonight.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2004, 06:03:40 PM »
Skene closed his eyes and as the wolves jumped at him, he flashed his eyes open yelling out his Caladin battle cry he jumped at them as well, like a wild animal, letting the bloodrage fill him as he tore through the alpha male and gutting him as he passed; Skene fell away slamming down on his stomach as he flet claws digging into the flesh of his neck, but not deeply enough to punture an artery, but close still. The other wolves yelped away seeing their leader dead, and Skene fell out of light, passing out into darkness.
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2004, 10:14:25 AM »
OOC: I have PMed you Sentinel*.

IC: Luna looked at the Draconians eyes She too had heard the low hungry growl. " Wake the others as I scout ahead to see what it is.  With this Luna Grabbed her daggar and headed into the forest peering her eyes about in all directions.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2004, 10:25:25 AM »
OOC: This Rp will be accepting no more players. If you wish to see if there is a space open please RP me.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2004, 07:44:44 PM »
Aldan didn't notice the slight tingling sensation running down his back till it twinged in pain, he sat up briskly sensing the distrubance in the night.  He followed Luna and Rad out to where a couple of wolves assaulted a young man.  

Aldan approached the Ogers and stepped infront of the others, "Hold on." muttered.  Using the Dragon he spoke to the Pgers in Ogrish, "You have one chance to stop and remove your hands from that man and leave, before I remove your hands from you."

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2004, 07:45:01 PM »
''I take it that these wolves are not the simple beasts they appear to be?'' commented Rad.''Well,if your spell doesn't work,we will have to fight them and with a whole pack of these things around,it won't be pretty.Are you sure you really want to save this man?If we decide to leave the pack alone,they might just return the favour.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2004, 11:01:49 AM »
" No that on there, " Luna pionted a the gigantic mass of bristling fur. " He is the leader,  Fenrir, I thought him only myth something lurking in the darkness of a child's worst nightmare. The others are merely timberwolves following there masters command.  We cannot beat this foe, not hear not now it is said that only by binding him with a magical ribbon will he be rendered helpless. However, we are not barbarians we cannot merely leave this man here to be mamed. We will have to do so through trickery..... Any one have a idea?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2004, 06:33:04 PM »
"I have an idea, remember what I said earlier about how the Dragon can alter minds, well here goes this is border line on the Shadow but just work with me." Closing his eyes, Aldan sent out little ripples in the Dragon and found the minds of the assailents. He put an idea in their heads that their prey's meat was poisonous.  Aldan opened his eyes to see if his idea had worked.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2004, 03:40:30 PM »
OOC: sorry about the absence you guys between birthdays and homework it has been hectic, but oh well here goes.

IC:  Luna glanced about to the wolves the thought of pioson merely phasing them only to quickly be overmined, "They are not driven by hunger they care not for the meat... They must be faced by a preditor. Some opposing force that will frighten them, thus, breaking the bond that they have with Fenrir."  She chanced a glance back and it struck her, "Fire. Can you make them see fire all about them. They will run from it."  she looked back hopefully at the Paladin.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2004, 05:36:12 PM »
"I don't have to make them see fire when I can make fire." From his tunic he drew a small intricately carved stick.  It was a woven work of woodsmanship.  A smell like that often sensed before a thunderstorm permeated the air and a blaze of white fire extended forth from the piece of wood as Aldan sent a surge of the Dragon through the staff.  It acted like a lighting rod almost for the Dragon to strike on but it also focused and bent to the will of Aldan.  Aldan felt deliciously good as he bent the Dragon to his will.  The blade of fire extended for more than a meter and was roughly six centimeters wide, it crackled and buzzed as Aldan wielded the blade.

He cut a slash in the ground infront of the wolves and fire burned in the crisp grass seperating the two.  Aldan felt incredibly good using the power and it was so easy to use, he almost struck one of the wolves before coming to his senses.  He calmed himself, of the dark power and regained his hold on the light power with in him.  He set himself inbetween the wolves and the young man, in a defensive posture the controlled fire snaked itsways along the grass near the wolves under Aldan influence.  He hardly noticed it but he had burst a blood vessel in his cheek.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2004, 09:20:53 PM »
Rad hissed in astonishment,seeing flames leap into existence at the command of the paladin.''So this is the Dragon.'' he said,as the fire formed a burning light separating the wolves from their prey.''You posses great power,that much is for sure.Even the old Istari would have been awed by this display.But all the same,I'd rather not take any chances with that great furry brute,Fenrir.Let's grab the man and run,before the flames give out.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2004, 09:48:37 PM »
"Good idea, I don't want to know how I would have gone.  One you start down the path of aggression it is a very slippery slope."  aldan grabbed the man by the left shoulder and motioned for Rad to help. "Lets get out of here."

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2004, 10:16:30 PM »
Rad grabbed the man's other shoulder and between the two of them,they carried him to their camp,the draconian's strength helping greatly.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2004, 11:47:06 AM »
"NOOOOOOOO!!!" she looked agressively at the Paladin. "Grab the old man and leave I have to clean up your mess,"  She hissed.  With this she lifted her arms and chanted a silent song and rain began to fall leaving the fire smoldering. The wolves had retreated after the fire, but Fenrir still remained. She looked the creature in the eye. flames emblazened her fingertips threatingly. " I refuse to destroy the forest. But, I will set you ablaze this night," with this the creature howled into the night and left the clearing... Luna began her decent back to camp, anger in her eyes.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2004, 05:40:11 PM »
Aldan hurried the man and Rad , he could feel Luna's anger behind him like a fog light to the great ships of the west.  He had been careless, in if wasn't for the control he used to burn the ground near the wolves the blaze propbaly would have leapt right off.  He berated himself again, d**n the Shadow it was so easy to fall under it.  Aldan wiped the rain water from his bow and started up a pot of tea back at the camp.

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2004, 10:52:24 PM »
''She seems to be pretty upset,the little elfess.I guess using fire was a little extreme.'' Rad said wryly.''But then again,if she hadn't opposed my sensible suggestion that we let Fenrir and his ravening friends enjoy their meal in peace,there would have been no need for fire,would there? Too emotional,she is,the little elfess.The last thing we need is a sick man slowing us down.'' And with these words,he gestured with his claws to the slumped form of the man they had rescued. ''He's more useful to Fenrir that he is to us.''

Authentic Strolenite®©